4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Waiting4Oblivion Proudly Presents: The E3 Thread
DoomedOne
post Jun 1 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #61

Master
Group Icon

I was trying to think of tons of different guilds but really the 5 main ones could contain a lot of the other ones:

Thieves' guild: You can organize bandit raids, so there doesn't need to be a bandit guild

fighters' guild: hired blades and many other types of work that vigilante heroes would partake in

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lucidarius
post Jun 11 2005, 09:29 PM
Post #62

Evoker

The two interviews revealed something new (e.g. vampires are in), and expanded on other things (e.g. we will be able to buy/receive houses in the 9 major cities). You have really done a lot of work - and good. :goodjob:

IMO it is reasonable that the majority of weapons and monsters will be leveled, although a few of them will be totally über/strong so we can never be too sure when we walk into a dungeon. Good for the suspense that there can be surprises.

I'm relieved that we don't need to drink/eat/sleep. That will only be optional. I've tried two mods for MW (AND changed the time so that 1 real hour = 1 hour in game), but I always end up disabling the mods because it is too much of a hassle to administrate those basic needs and also take care of quests/exploring. I find the above-mentioned needs annoying in real life too, like when I want to play for hours on end, I do have to take those needs into consideration or risk falling asleep in school or be in a nasty mood until I've slept enough. Sigh. Nice not to worry about them in games, too. smile.gif

Mages will have weaker spells when wearing armor: Ok. I just hope they balance the magic system and the unarmored skill so that both are viable as sole choices as opposed to MW where I always need to use weapons too and use e.g. the dodge mod in combination with unarmored.

Bethesda has stated earlier that they want the three major "career" paths (magic, stealth, warrior) to stand on their own. Hopefully, it will be well implemented.

Now, I look forward to hearing more about the magics, the elven crystals, and the cons and pros of the races and birthsigns. I hope Bethesda will release those soon. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Virtue itself turns vice, being misapplied,
And vice sometime's by action dignified.
Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet II, 3
+Quote Post
Alexander
post Jun 11 2005, 09:39 PM
Post #63

Wizard
Group Icon

me too,

especially magic, there is very little knwon about that so far and I'm really looking forward to finding out more about it.
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jun 12 2005, 12:30 AM
Post #64

Mouth
Group Icon

I really hope the magic will be much more... useful. And I hope it's not too much of a hassle just to cast it. tongue.gif

Anyway, I don't understand the whole 'kill quest giver' thing. So, if you finished a quest/subquest/Main Quest, you can then kill the questgiver? And if you accidently kill someone, you get a chance to reload your last save? Is that how it works? Or did I misinterpret something? :ashamed:
+Quote Post
Rane
post Jun 12 2005, 12:37 AM
Post #65

Lurker
Group Icon

[quote=MerGirl]
Anyway, I don't understand the whole 'kill quest giver' thing. So, if you finished a quest/subquest/Main Quest, you can then kill the questgiver? And if you accidently kill someone, you get a chance to reload your last save? Is that how it works? Or did I misinterpret something? :ashamed:[/quote]

To me it does indeed sound like you don't have to reload if the NPC in question is no longer needed.

However, if the NPC is needed for the mainquest then you will be forced to reload if you happen to kill him/her.
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jun 12 2005, 01:38 AM
Post #66

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=Rane]]
To me it does indeed sound like you don't have to reload if the NPC in question is no longer needed.

However, if the NPC is needed for the mainquest then you will be forced to reload if you happen to kill him/her.[/quote]

Oh, that's good! smile.gif Sometimes, I get scared, because once in awhile, I accidently hit NPC's and then I have to kill them because they're hitting me, and then I would be like, "Oh, no! What if he/she was important to the Main Quest?!"

Yay! Now us killing-spree peoples don't have to worry about continuing a 'broken' game! *dances*
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Jun 12 2005, 03:15 AM
Post #67

Knower
Group Icon

It is possable to do the main quest in Morrowind after filling an important charactor you know.

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jun 12 2005, 03:19 AM
Post #68

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=Zelda_Zealot]It is possable to do the main quest in Morrowind after filling an important charactor you know.[/quote]

Errrr, console (reviving important character)?
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Jun 12 2005, 03:20 AM
Post #69

Knower
Group Icon

Nope! I will PM it to you. Back on topic.

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
+Quote Post
9of9
post Jun 12 2005, 06:15 AM
Post #70

Finder
Group Icon

[quote=MerGirl][quote=Rane]]

However, if the NPC is needed for the mainquest then you will be forced to reload if you happen to kill him/her.[/quote]

Oh, that's good! smile.gif Sometimes, I get scared, because once in awhile, I accidently hit NPC's and then I have to kill them because they're hitting me, and then I would be like, "Oh, no! What if he/she was important to the Main Quest?!"

Yay! Now us killing-spree peoples don't have to worry about continuing a 'broken' game! *dances*[/quote]

Morrowind was set up in exactly the same manner though - when you kill an MQ character you would get a message box popping up that said this was an MQ character and advising you to reload. Unlike Oblivion however, you weren't forcced to reload if that was the case - it was only optional. So people complain why they have to reload and can't go round on killingsprees now even if you don't give a fonkey's about the MQ tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Jun 12 2005, 10:35 AM
Post #71

Senor Snore
Group Icon

[quote=MerGirl]I really hope the magic will be much more... useful. And I hope it's not too much of a hassle just to cast it. tongue.gif
[/quote]

Steve Meister personally promised me it will be much better than in Morrowind, so yeah.

One thing that I already know has improved is the spell casting animation: doesn't take half an ice age anymore to cast something. If you've ever played Doom and remember that Hell Knight's firing animation, that's what I remember the spell casting animation in Oblivion to be like: just as if you threw something at someone.

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jun 12 2005, 05:55 PM
Post #72

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=9of9]
Morrowind was set up in exactly the same manner though - when you kill an MQ character you would get a message box popping up that said this was an MQ character and advising you to reload. Unlike Oblivion however, you weren't forcced to reload if that was the case - it was only optional. So people complain why they have to reload and can't go round on killingsprees now even if you don't give a fonkey's about the MQ tongue.gif[/quote]

Really? I never noticed this. kvright.gif Well, I hope in Oblivion, that this re-loading thing also includes important people for faction/subquests as well.
+Quote Post
Daikirai
post Jun 18 2005, 04:46 PM
Post #73

Unregistered

[quote]Really? I never noticed this. kvright.gif Well, I hope in Oblivion, that this re-loading thing also includes important people for faction/subquests as well.[/quote]

I probably misunderstood what I read, but I thought that I heared that joining a guild/faction was nessasary, since it would tie into the main quest. I could be (and probably am) wrong, though.
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jul 2 2005, 03:33 PM
Post #74

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=Daikirai]
I probably misunderstood what I read, but I thought that I heared that joining a guild/faction was nessasary, since it would tie into the main quest. I could be (and probably am) wrong, though.[/quote]

Why would it be necessary? Unless you're talking about in Morrowind, where you automatically join the Blades because it's part of the plot. (Which I hated with a passion!) Luckily, you were never forced to keep in contact with these guys ever again. smile.gif

I do not think you have to a join a faction/guild, unless you want. I think they meant that the factions/guilds will be like... subplots, I guess.

I do not want to be forced to join a group ever again like they did in Morrowind. That would be annoying and limits on what kind of character I want to play as and limits a bit of my freedom on my decisions. (None of my characters, if they had a choice, would ever join the Blades in the first place). kvright.gif

(EDIT: Darn you, double-negatives! I hate the English language sometimes!)
+Quote Post
Konji
post Jul 2 2005, 03:39 PM
Post #75

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=mergirl](None of my characters, if they had a choice, would never join the Blades in the first place)[/quote]

So they would all want to join? wink.gif Double negatives, got to love 'em.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Daikirai
post Jul 3 2005, 08:24 PM
Post #76

Unregistered

[quote=MerGirl][quote=Daikirai]
I probably misunderstood what I read, but I thought that I heared that joining a guild/faction was nessasary, since it would tie into the main quest. I could be (and probably am) wrong, though.[/quote]

Why would it be necessary? Unless you're talking about in Morrowind, where you automatically join the Blades because it's part of the plot. (Which I hated with a passion!) Luckily, you were never forced to keep in contact with these guys ever again. smile.gif

I do not think you have to a join a faction/guild, unless you want. I think they meant that the factions/guilds will be like... subplots, I guess.

I do not want to be forced to join a group ever again like they did in Morrowind. That would be annoying and limits on what kind of character I want to play as and limits a bit of my freedom on my decisions. (None of my characters, if they had a choice, would ever join the Blades in the first place). kvright.gif

(EDIT: Darn you, double-negatives! I hate the English language sometimes!)[/quote]

The twist is that literally less thann half of the people who'd even played Morrowind had beaten the main quest.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:15 PM