Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V « < 19 20 21  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TK's Mod Questions Thread, Got mod problems, or are you just lost with a tool?
Renee
post May 3 2019, 02:37 PM
Post #401

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm sure some of you have ideas for walking animation mods for TES 4? I'm trying to find something which is not too "sexy" though, for my wood elf archer. Sexy walk stuff is primarily what i find if I do a search over at Nexus. Some day if I make a harlot in this game, the sexy stuff will fit her. wub.gif I'm trying something more subtle though.

Thanks.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 3 2019, 03:15 PM
Post #402

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 13 2015, 08:02 PM) *

I have this really wacky idea. I'm not good enough to implement this idea, but I just want to know if it's possible.

Okay, is it possible to write some scripts that will make our character do something random, if (let's say) 10 minutes go by, and I haven't done anything with him/her? ... So what I mean is.... I'm gaming with my character for an hour, then I take a break. While I take a break, character X is just standing around. After 10 minutes though, now he or she will begin reading a book, without me touching the controls.

Is this possible, or would it screw up the game to try to write scripts like this? It's just that I notice NPCs can have scripts that make them roam around and do other things ...

Why wouldn't you use just an idle mod for that? Example = "Personality Idles" runs animations whenever your character is standing idle; (and there is also two separate voice mods that have your character say something if you idle a certain number of seconds).

I set my Personality Idles up where my character would put her hand on her hip and looked bored; then she'd start humming. If she was still left idling a full 3 seconds after the humming stopped she would change to her other hand on her hip and say, "Well I ain't waitin' here forever!"

What you described was exactly what "Personality Idles" does; and it lets you choose the idle you want your character to do. I have the "Personality Idles 4" version, which also adds some very cool animations to NPC's where they wave at you, head-track, etc. It really makes the game come to life.

** OOPS! I see I committed Necromancy. I came here to answer a post from today, but it took me to this post, lol. Anyway, I hope you found this out back in 2015 when you asked this question, lol. I obviously didn't see it then, or would have told you about Personality Idles back then. I used Personality Idles and those voice mods since 2009 when I first got the game on PC; they changed the whole game for me.

This post has been edited by mALX: May 3 2019, 03:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 3 2019, 03:20 PM
Post #403

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 3 2019, 10:15 AM) *

** OOPS! I see I committed Necromancy.

Ha ha uh oh! Call the mods!!! rollinglaugh.gif

You told me about Idles a while back. Still haven't installed that yet, but I eventually will. Right now I'm trying to find a subtler walking animation.

This post has been edited by Renee: May 3 2019, 03:22 PM
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 3 2019, 03:38 PM
Post #404

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 3 2019, 10:20 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 3 2019, 10:15 AM) *

** OOPS! I see I committed Necromancy.

Ha ha uh oh! Call the mods!!! rollinglaugh.gif

You told me about Idles a while back. Still haven't installed that yet, but I eventually will. Right now I'm trying to find a subtler walking animation.

Yeah, I'm really stunned it automatically brought me back to that point when I went to "last post" because = I actually DID mention Personality Idles back then and have made numerous comments on this thread since then!

I actually like the vanilla walking animation in Oblivion. The vanilla walks in Skyrim and Morrowind are both obnoxious; but Oblivion's was really nice in both speed and appearance. (Not sexual, but not manly on my female characters either)

If you want a more feminine walk but not slow, you can alter the speed of the walks in mods like "Sexy Walk" and it makes it a bit more feminine but keeps the speed up so it doesn't look too obvious.

This post has been edited by mALX: May 3 2019, 03:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 3 2019, 03:42 PM
Post #405

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 3 2019, 10:38 AM) *

If you want a more feminine walk but not slow, you can alter the speed of the walks in mods like "Sexy Walk" and it makes it a bit more feminine but keeps the speed up so it doesn't look too obvious.

Okay i will try this.
+Quote Post

21 Pages V « < 19 20 21
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 08:38 PM