Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rate Your Level of Excitement., Poll Inside...
How excited are you about this game?
How Excited are you about ES Online?
OMG HAVE TO PLAY AWESOMEBBQSAUCE@!!! [ 3 ] ** [15.00%]
Very excited. [ 2 ] ** [10.00%]
Somewhat excited. [ 5 ] ** [25.00%]
Not excited at all but I will still try it. [ 3 ] ** [15.00%]
I don't even care and probably won't try it. [ 7 ] ** [35.00%]
Total Votes: 20
Guests cannot vote 
McBadgere
post Jul 11 2013, 04:26 AM
Post #41

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Person Wyrd)
Where did you read this? Can you provide a source?

Provide as in - link to? No...

It's in the latest OPM (Official Playstation Mag - Probably the August edition.) which is where I read the stuff about ESO...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Jul 11 2013, 04:27 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 11 2013, 10:42 AM
Post #42

Master
Group Icon

Well Fallout always comes out in Oct,so maybe that's true.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 11 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jul 10 2013, 11:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Person Wyrd)
Where did you read this? Can you provide a source?

Provide as in - link to? No...

It's in the latest OPM (Official Playstation Mag - Probably the August edition.) which is where I read the stuff about ESO...

If it is coming out in October on the Playstation, then it will probably be out for X-Box at least 6-9 months sooner, and PC at least a month after the X-Box release.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 15 2013, 10:19 PM
Post #44

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Just caught up on watching videos for this. The game's geography looks awesome. The exploration alone would make this game pretty amazing for hardcore Elderscrolls fans. I still doubt I'll play it but I get why so much interest is buzzing around this thing.

It is nice to see Bethsoft listening to their giant fan base that has been requesting a multiplayer ES game ever since I can remember but it just isn't for me. My love for ES games is BECAUSE it is single player. The whole draw for me is the ability to become immersed in the world that the series takes place in. I can live the life of a character. There is no distraction from the outside world (real life) and I just melt into the game.

Once you add little kids yelling into the microphone, scammers, gold sellers, and the human element, the game is just less interesting.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jul 16 2013, 04:32 AM
Post #45

Councilor
Group Icon

I know that Cyrodiil is supposed to be the Player versus Player arena where anything goes, but what I'm wondering about is how are you going to be able to wander about the other areas without running into gangs of friends that are simply roaming about offing solo wanderers?...

I started Red Dead Redemtion a few days back and went on the Multiplayer for a while...There was this one session where these two persons* decided, firstly to shoot the horse out from under me, and then, when I simply decided to run to where I was trying to get to, they followed me...Because it was obviously amazingly hillarious, they decided to put their horse in front of me, so I ran around them...Aaaand they ran just me down...And then cornered me...They couldn't kill me, it wasn't on that mode, but they could make life hell if they wanted to...So I respawned it somewhere else...Oddly enough, I got bored after that and haven't been back on it...

It'll be interesting to see how they do moderate that in ESO...
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 16 2013, 11:19 AM
Post #46

Spam Meister
Group Icon

^
Just one reason why I don´t do MMOs. Stupid little a******s

...snassin´.... dry.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jul 17 2013, 01:54 AM
Post #47

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jul 16 2013, 04:32 AM) *

I know that Cyrodiil is supposed to be the Player versus Player arena where anything goes, but what I'm wondering about is how are you going to be able to wander about the other areas without running into gangs of friends that are simply roaming about offing solo wanderers?...

I started Red Dead Redemtion a few days back and went on the Multiplayer for a while...There was this one session where these two persons* decided, firstly to shoot the horse out from under me, and then, when I simply decided to run to where I was trying to get to, they followed me...Because it was obviously amazingly hillarious, they decided to put their horse in front of me, so I ran around them...Aaaand they ran just me down...And then cornered me...They couldn't kill me, it wasn't on that mode, but they could make life hell if they wanted to...So I respawned it somewhere else...Oddly enough, I got bored after that and haven't been back on it...

I've been playing Read Dead Redemption all week long online. Do you have a PS3?

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jul 17 2013, 03:37 AM
Post #48

Councilor
Group Icon

So, what you're saying is it might have been YOU?!!!?!! biggrin.gif laugh.gif ...

Yes, I do have a PS3...

Don't ask me which day that happened though...

Wouldn't that be the mega irony?... laugh.gif ...

But I'm definitely not playing RDR for a bit again...If ever on the multiplayer, I was pretty bored of it before that incident...
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 17 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #49

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jul 16 2013, 04:32 AM) *

One,welcome to any Rockstar game's MP Free Roam.

And B,that's not how this will work,you can't go into other factions areas so that won't work and if you mean in Cyrodiil too bad,it's a PVP area what happens,what happens.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jul 17 2013, 10:02 PM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, I get the PVP area...That's not what I'm saying...

So just for the sake of it, there's three friends...They all wanna be Nords...You telling me they're not going to go at solo Dark Elf who's just collecting some flowers for leveling his Alchemy?...

Just 'cause they're the same faction does not stop them picking people off...
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 18 2013, 10:12 AM
Post #51

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jul 17 2013, 10:02 PM) *

Yes, I get the PVP area...That's not what I'm saying...

So just for the sake of it, there's three friends...They all wanna be Nords...You telling me they're not going to go at solo Dark Elf who's just collecting some flowers for leveling his Alchemy?...

Just 'cause they're the same faction does not stop them picking people off...

What?

Yes it does.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 18 2013, 12:14 PM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

The objectionable behavior I’m anticipating with less than full enthusiasm isn’t people doing actual harm, it’s people amusing themselves by annoying their “allies.” In McB’s example the Nord buddies could simply jump up and down in front of the Dunmer, go into sneak mode repeatedly to indicate they are teabagging his flowers, stand around in a circle so that at least one is always in the way, that sort of thing. If other random players are present on the screen, they can be irritating.

I’m confused, though. Are you saying that only other players in the same small adventuring party or guild or whatever you call it would be visible in the faction areas? So if a player was exploring alone there would be no other players around? That would be great.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jul 18 2013, 12:39 PM
Post #53

Master
Group Icon

The only thing I want is an RP server, but in MMO's, it doesn't really matter. When I walk up to a person and ask them for directions in an Elder Scrolls fashion, or show my desire to trade, I expect them to return the favor in the RP way.

For example:

DE: "This mortal flesh is weak, I need sustenance!"

Other player: "Dude, there's bread and cheese wheels you can steal over by da farm, lol."

Sure, some people may not RP at all and at times I don't, but if it is the RP server, at least do the other hard-core nerds a favor laugh.gif

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 18 2013, 12:58 PM
Post #54

Councilor
Group Icon

It seemed that players would be separated by platform, but otherwise only by faction. Then again I could be completely misunderstanding what was said. (In one of those videos.)

ETA: Couldn't find it. Anyway my hopes are pinned on that filter thing King Coin mentioned.

This post has been edited by Grits: Jul 18 2013, 01:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 18 2013, 01:15 PM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 18 2013, 12:58 PM) *

It seemed that players would be separated by platform, but otherwise only by faction. Then again I could be completely misunderstanding what was said. (In one of those videos.)

ETA: Couldn't find it. Anyway my hopes are pinned on that filter thing King Coin mentioned.

Your also seperated by what you picked on the survey.

+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 18 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #56

Councilor
Group Icon

OK, great. I suppose I really don't know enough to make any kind of judgement yet. Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Jul 18 2013, 01:24 PM
Post #57

Finder
Group Icon

I just watched the video that Pseron Wyrd posted earlier in the thread. The game looks amazing. Whether I try it or not is really going to be based on cost. WoW ending up being a monthly bill that, frankly, I could live without...regardless of how much I enjoyed the game.

On a separate note, has the game been released yet? If not...do we have a release date?

--------------------
A Question of Fate is my Skyrim Fic
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jul 18 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #58

Councilor
Group Icon

From the vid we watched the other day, the three platforms are seperated...You only play with others on PS4...

QUOTE(Impsnob)
What?

What?

QUOTE(Impsnob)
Yes it does.

So you cannot kill another player unless you're in the PVP area?...

I'm agreeing with what Grits said, the annoyance thing is where it's heading...

Impsnob...What survey?...
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jul 18 2013, 02:14 PM
Post #59

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 18 2013, 06:58 AM) *

Not a surprise, but disappointing.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 18 2013, 03:28 PM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jul 18 2013, 01:25 PM) *

From the vid we watched the other day, the three platforms are seperated...You only play with others on PS4...

QUOTE(Impsnob)
What?

What?

QUOTE(Impsnob)
Yes it does.

So you cannot kill another player unless you're in the PVP area?...

I'm agreeing with what Grits said, the annoyance thing is where it's heading...

Impsnob...What survey?...

Yes you can't kill a player of your faction unless you're in a PVP area because if you could it'd be stupid and I'd agree with you.

The survey you get when you make a charcter where you choose what kind of people you want in your game,since they don't have servers they have one Mega Server(well three for each region) so you can choose RPers,PVPers,Dungeoners.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:07 PM