+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 5 2019, 02:47 AM
Post #822

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 4 2019, 07:01 PM) *

IPB Image

Bahahahaha!! That’s good stuff! I bet Vader is a whiny drunk.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 16 2019, 08:44 PM
Post #823

Master
Group Icon

Well---Rise of MaRei Suewalker comes out this week. I'm still going to wait for the reviews and see if its worth my time.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Dec 16 2019, 08:46 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 22 2019, 05:55 AM
Post #824

Ancient
Group Icon

I just saw Rise of Skywalker. It was good. It was fun, in a way a Star Wars movie has not been since A New Hope. Most of it is a macguffin hunt. Which is not a bad thing, a lot of movies are. In this case the macguffin hunt provides an opportunity to do more with revealing Rey's background, and her relationship with Kylo Ren.

I don't want to get too spoilery. But some high points are:

Yes, Palpatine is back. He's kind of still half-dead though. I made a prediction a few months back when the first Palpy rumors began flying that his endgame was for Rey to kill him, and then his spirit would possess her body, and he would become Empress Reypatine. Well, close...

A lot of the movie is spent trying to fix the things Rian Johnson broke.

Rey's parents were not just some junk dealers.

Luke actually gets some redemption here for being such a coward in TLJ (hiding out on his island and doing nothing while the First Order rose), at least his force ghost does. And granted, Yoda and Ben hid out like cowards after the Fall of the Republic too. It's a jedi tradition that if you fail once, you go into hiding for the rest of your life and wait for the next generation's chosen one to fix your failures.

Lando makes a few small appearances. He does not play a big role, but it is nice seeing Billy Dee back.

The Knights of Ren are finally in a movie. They are not in a whole lot though. They are not force users. But they do provide an interesting fight near the end, like Snoke's Praetorian Guard did in TLJ.

We learn that Leia actually did become a jedi, and her lightsaber is featured. The reason she decided not to ultimately follow the jedi path is also shown. It is kind of shoe-horned in, but there really was not much space there to do anything with. So a shoe-horn was necessary.

It wraps up with a nice ending, that takes us right back to the start of A New Hope.

JJ Abrams directed. So that means a lot of the movie is a copy of Return Of The Jedi. Like I said, Palpatine is back. There are some heavy parallels to the end of RoS and RotJ.

They did a lot with the whole weird force-bond between Rey and Kylo/Ben, one of the few things Rian Johnson did right. It plays a central part in the story.

We finally see force healing in a movie. I think it has been part of the EU for decades.

Luke's X-Wing (Red 5) is back!

Finn is force-sensitive.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 22 2019, 10:24 AM
Post #825

Spam Meister
Group Icon

IPB Image

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 22 2019, 02:27 PM
Post #826

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 22 2019, 03:24 AM) *

IPB Image

Statement: Khajiit doesn’t think you need to put a “spoiler alert” on something for a 40 year old movie. tongue.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 22 2019, 02:29 PM
Post #827

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Au contraire; I absolutely needed to do that because it's funny laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 22 2019, 02:42 PM
Post #828

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 22 2019, 07:29 AM) *

Au contraire; I absolutely needed to do that because it's funny laugh.gif

If you say so. smile.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 21 2019, 10:55 PM) *

I just saw Rise of Skywalker. It was good. It was fun, in a way a Star Wars movie has not been since A New Hope. Most of it is a macguffin hunt. Which is not a bad thing, a lot of movies are. In this case the macguffin hunt provides an opportunity to do more with revealing Rey's background, and her relationship with Kylo Ren.

I don't want to get too spoilery. But some high points are:

Yes, Palpatine is back. He's kind of still half-dead though. I made a prediction a few months back when the first Palpy rumors began flying that his endgame was for Rey to kill him, and then his spirit would possess her body, and he would become Empress Reypatine. Well, close...

A lot of the movie is spent trying to fix the things Rian Johnson broke.

Rey's parents were not just some junk dealers.

Luke actually gets some redemption here for being such a coward in TLJ (hiding out on his island and doing nothing while the First Order rose), at least his force ghost does. And granted, Yoda and Ben hid out like cowards after the Fall of the Republic too. It's a jedi tradition that if you fail once, you go into hiding for the rest of your life and wait for the next generation's chosen one to fix your failures.

Lando makes a few small appearances. He does not play a big role, but it is nice seeing Billy Dee back.

The Knights of Ren are finally in a movie. They are not in a whole lot though. They are not force users. But they do provide an interesting fight near the end, like Snoke's Praetorian Guard did in TLJ.

We learn that Leia actually did become a jedi, and her lightsaber is featured. The reason she decided not to ultimately follow the jedi path is also shown. It is kind of shoe-horned in, but there really was not much space there to do anything with. So a shoe-horn was necessary.

It wraps up with a nice ending, that takes us right back to the start of A New Hope.

JJ Abrams directed. So that means a lot of the movie is a copy of Return Of The Jedi. Like I said, Palpatine is back. There are some heavy parallels to the end of RoS and RotJ.

They did a lot with the whole weird force-bond between Rey and Kylo/Ben, one of the few things Rian Johnson did right. It plays a central part in the story.

We finally see force healing in a movie. I think it has been part of the EU for decades.

Luke's X-Wing (Red 5) is back!

Finn is force-sensitive.

It sounds like a mess, tbh, but then again, Abrams had a lot of work to do to try and make some sense out of the weirdness that was The Last Jedi. Unless we get bored and decide to go to the theatre some time this week, I’ll probably just catch it when it’s out on streaming/BluRay.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 22 2019, 03:05 PM
Post #829

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I have watched many a youtube video where they talk about Star Wars comics and as far as I'm concerned they are way, WAY more canon than anything Disney s**t out. Those comics intrigue me and lure me in, wanting me to know more. The movies don't do any of that. In fact, if Disney has done anything it is to make me appreciate the prequels to the point where I would consider them canon alongside the original movies, if it wasn't for the midiclorians.

But I won't go into that once more wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 22 2019, 03:21 PM
Post #830

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 22 2019, 08:05 AM) *

I have watched many a youtube video where they talk about Star Wars comics and as far as I'm concerned they are way, WAY more canon than anything Disney s**t out. Those comics intrigue me and lure me in, wanting me to know more. The movies don't do any of that. In fact, if Disney has done anything it is to make me appreciate the prequels to the point where I would consider them canon alongside the original movies, if it wasn't for the midiclorians.

But I won't go into that once more wink.gif

Lol the EU had so much good stuff in it. A shame Disney is choosing not to use any of it. Khajiit would love to see some of the Old Republic stuff!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 22 2019, 03:26 PM
Post #831

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I would love to see a movie where Thrawn's TIE Defender project is fleshed out for instance. I don't care about a watered down Vader copy in Kylo Ren or a watered down Luke copy in Rey who btw is flawless and don't require training (bah!).

I want to know more about well established characters and the things they do. Like Vader fighting the ninth assassin and the only stormtrooper who was taught by Vader to use a light saber. THAT is interesting AF!

(Yes, I'm a Vader fancrow wink.gif )

This post has been edited by mirocu: Dec 22 2019, 03:28 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 22 2019, 03:42 PM
Post #832

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 22 2019, 08:26 AM) *

I would love to see a movie where Thrawn's TIE Defender project is fleshed out for instance. I don't care about a watered down Vader copy in Kylo Ren or a watered down Luke copy in Rey who btw is flawless and don't require training (bah!).

I want to know more about well established characters and the things they do. Like Vader fighting the ninth assassin and the only stormtrooper who was taught by Vader to use a light saber. THAT is interesting AF!

(Yes, I'm a Vader fancrow wink.gif )

Khajiit feels like you would probably like Rogue One.

Vader is cool, but this one is way more interested in the ancient Sith; those entombed in the Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban/Moriband, up through the Darth Bane era.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 22 2019, 03:50 PM
Post #833

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 22 2019, 03:42 PM) *

Khajiit feels like you would probably like Rogue One.

From what I've gathered, I would maybe like that one and The Mandalorian.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 22 2019, 03:42 PM) *

Vader is cool, but this one is way more interested in the ancient Sith; those entombed in the Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban/Moriband, up through the Darth Bane era.

Yes, I remember a comic where Vader (sorry laugh.gif ) met and fought an ancient Sith. Very interesting premise. I understand many of them weren't exactly fond of lightsabers which in itself is an interesting thing. Then again, they are just tools. Anyone with real powers would regard them as mere complements, if that even. IMO obviously biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 22 2019, 03:54 PM
Post #834

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 22 2019, 08:50 AM) *

Yes, I remember a comic where Vader (sorry laugh.gif ) met and fought an ancient Sith. Very interesting premise. I understand many of them weren't exactly fond of lightsabers which in itself is an interesting thing. Then again, they are just tools. Anyone with real powers would regard them as mere complements, if that even. IMO obviously biggrin.gif

Well lightsaber technology was in its infancy back then so they all came attached by a cord to a battery pack you’d where on your hip. That said, many ancient Dark Lords of the Sith preferred to feel a metal blade sundering flesh, muscle, and bone; tearing through their enemies bodies.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 22 2019, 03:58 PM
Post #835

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Sounds like they would approve of my recent katana purchase then laugh.gif

Love the TIE Defender btw, I must emphesize that. Even though I've only experienced it in Rebellion, its stats alone makes my beak water with glee tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 22 2019, 04:01 PM
Post #836

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 22 2019, 08:58 AM) *

Sounds like they would approve of my recent katana purchase then laugh.gif

Love the TIE Defender btw, I must emphesize that. Even though I've only experienced it in Rebellion, its stats alone makes my beak water with glee tongue.gif

Personally, Khajiit was always fond of the TIE Interceptor.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 22 2019, 04:12 PM
Post #837

Spam Meister
Group Icon

That's a good one too! Fast, nimble and two extra laser cannons. The reason I like the Defender is the added shields and the ability to engage multiple targets at once. All in all I like them both with just a little bit more bias towards the Defender smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 22 2019, 04:27 PM
Post #838

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 22 2019, 09:12 AM) *

That's a good one too! Fast, nimble and two extra laser cannons. The reason I like the Defender is the added shields and the ability to engage multiple targets at once. All in all I like them both with just a little bit more bias towards the Defender smile.gif

The Empire put shields on a TIE model?! ohmy.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 22 2019, 04:34 PM
Post #839

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 22 2019, 04:27 PM) *

The Empire put shields on a TIE model?! ohmy.gif

Yes, to my knowledge the only TIE model to feature shields AND a hyperdrive. Maybe the EU has other models with that as well, I don't know. Made it expensive but both Thrawn and Vader liked it and Vader even backed Thrawn up in front of the Emperor.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 22 2019, 04:50 PM
Post #840

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 22 2019, 09:34 AM) *

Made it expensive but both Thrawn and Vader liked it and Vader even backed Thrawn up in front of the Emperor.

Empy Palps probably just wanted to get back to his toys laugh.gif

It’s funny to Khajiit that the Empire enthusiastically bankrupted entire systems building Death Stars but couldn’t be bothered to make better frontline fighters a priority.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

49 Pages V « < 40 41 42 43 44 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:55 PM