Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your Top 10 Must Have Mods, Post your favorites!
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2020, 01:24 AM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Aug 10 2020, 04:55 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 9 2020, 04:14 PM) *

So do you use any face mods? This is a must for me because vanilla faces are awful, imo.

If you like to see what Oblivion Character Overhaul v2 (OCOv2) can do to improve a Bosmer here is an example of my character before and after installing OCOv2. If you think that is an improvement, that is.
Jandaga 09/2010 with Natural Faces mod.
Jandaga resurrected, a Bosmer 3/2018; same game save only with OCOv2 and Blockhead (required for OCOv2) replacing Natural Faces

What I don't care for in OCOv2 is what it does to Orcs and Khajiit. Orcs often are brown with pointed noses. Khajiit's fur is too rough for may tastes.

I’ll have to look at those pics when I get to my computer because for some reason Imgur pics always look blurry on my phone. Anyway, I do have some experience with OCOv2 from testing and it is definitely a big improvement, imo. I just wasn’t sure if there was anything better. It does seem to conflict with Elaborate eyes though, which is kinda a bummer.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post Aug 11 2020, 05:53 AM
Post #22

Mouth
Group Icon

A recent count of active mods shows 276. Thirty of those I would consider essential. Cutting my essential list down to 10 is no easy feat. After some rearranging I've come up with I would miss terribly if they were not in the game set-up.
1. RealisticLeveling - worry free leveling the way I like it
2. Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul (OOO) – Gives the game a new feel with new factions, weapons and much more.
3. Maskar’s Oblivion Overhaul (MOO) - adds more and blends well with OOO
4. DarkUId DarN 16 Manual Version (Dark UI 2.40 by Darkbirdy & DarNified UI (by DarN)) & Immersive Interface (by Harfleur) – I load a dark blue recolor over it
5. PrinceShroob’s Main Quest Delayer - delay the intro dungeon with several start location options. Replaced long time favorite Alternative Start by Robert Evrae
6. HGEC Body= Hentai Gentlemen's EyeCandy - Currently usin the EVE Version. You do want your lady companions looking good don't you? Of course you do.
7. Robert’s Male Body – You do want to look good for your lady companions don't you? Of course you do. Just keep your undies on.
8. Arena Posters Diversified by kl055 - change the arena wall advertisements to give the Imperial City a more exotic look
9. Fantasy Sky #1 by: RGM - my favorite night sky, it is a fantasy world after all
10. Better Rainbows - the feeling when you step out of a dungeon and see a rainbow is indescribable.

My next five would be my favorite quest and adventures mods.
11. The Lost Spires - Join the Archeology Guild for fun and adventure.
12. Adense Epic Dungeon – not your typical trip to a realm of Oblivion.
13. Hentai Mania II – the landscape just doesn’t seem right without the Temple island floating over the Niben.
14. Elvenguardt! The Armour of the Noldor by Arynn and Maximus D.M. - Sideways Cave will never be the same. Contains my favorite bow.
15. Vampire Hunting - Order of the Virtuous Blood – hunting vampires is what I do

Then there is my companions Kaleah and Pym.
18. DA Kaleah Succubus by: divineavenger – More than just the best pack mule I’ve ever had. Requires CM Partners Mod
19. CM Pym by chakaru11 – lopped-ear Moonshadow elf, what cutie. Requires CM Partners Mod
24. Companion Sound Sets by: brucevayne - gives companion Kaleah a more sexy customized voice set

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2020, 05:54 PM
Post #23

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Aug 10 2020, 11:53 PM) *

5. PrinceShroob’s Main Quest Delayer - delay the intro dungeon with several start location options. Replaced long time favorite Alternative Start by Robert Evrae

I tried this and I agree, I too think it is better than Alternative Start.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 13 2020, 04:43 PM
Post #24

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 9 2020, 05:14 PM) *

Ooo thanks for this list. A few of these definitely have my interest!

Awesome, and you are welcome. Any questions you have, surely let me know. For instance, I remember I had a heck of a time finding a workable version of Mart's Monster Mod (MMM) back in 2014. Turns out, I had to go to TES Alliance, and use MMM version 3.8. All the versions at Nexus at that time had issues.

I updated my list smile.gif Here is what it looks like now...

1). Basic Primary Needs.

2). Witchcraft by SubRosa. I don't use it in all my games, but for Lady Saga (who is supposed to be a friend of a lot of Earth-like creatures by default) definitely essential.

3). MMM 3.8

4). Better / Open Cities. (I prefer an older version and can't find a link)

5a). Leveling / balancing mods: Brashers Oblivion Overhaul is my go-to. I've never used OOO, but I've heard it makes a slew of changes and I didn't need these. BOO is not nearly as comprehensive, but it targets a few specific things which bugged me as a console player. I use BOO to make sure glass-wearing bandits and Daedric-wearing marauders can show up, but they remain rare. BOO also keeps expensive loot rare. It has a few other functions but I don't use them.

5b). Fundament by tejon uses simple .ini files to set all kinds of stuff. I use this mod solely to balance the way skills level. Conjuration for instance, this levels upward in the vanilla game at a speed of 5.5. Restoration is 1.0. So that explains why it['s possible to become an Expert in one school a lot more quickly than in another. I set all of these to 1.0 in the Fundament.ini file.

6). Coolsims Hair Pack and one other hair mod I'm forgetting at the moment.

7). A variety of alternate start mods. I've used at least three different ones over the years. TU Starting Options is probably my fave. Technically I should count all of these separately (and therefore, that would fill up the rest of the Top 10 for me) so I'm jamming content here!

8). Robert's Bodies.OMOD (male and female)

9). Horse Commands (not sure which version I use, there are at least 3 at Nexus)

10). companion mods: Companion Share & Recruit and CM Partners.

IF I could go beyond ten, I will add Console Commands (try its tfc2 command to freeze all the game's action, just like we can do in Skyrim, great for screenshots).

4 gb Ram Patcher-- allows more-modern computers to better utilize RAM.

Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul-- This overhaul mod allows us to toggle a huge list of stuff on or off. I only consider one of its features a "must-have" and that is NPC Vampires get affected more by daylight.

Xena Warrior Princess (for Renee Gade III's game).

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 16 2020, 02:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 14 2020, 03:43 PM
Post #25

Master
Group Icon

Thanks everyone who contributed to the most recent discussion - I am taking note and reviewing mods for a future TESIV reinstall. It's been so long since I played Oblivion, I"m sure many of my old mods have been replaced by newer, better mods.

Right now I'm too busy having fun with TESV to consider taking a few days off from it to start building my TESIV install. So for now, I'm just in researching and note taking mode LOL

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 14 2020, 05:18 PM
Post #26

Paladin
Group Icon

Rider, I agree! I might well end up trying an Oblivion or Skyrim reinstall at some point, and having reasonably current mod info here at Chorrol is a wonderful resource.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 15 2020, 05:10 PM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

I am changing my Top Ten list above.. forgot about leveling / balancing mods. Maybe it's because it's been so long since I've had to worry about glass-wearing bandits and daedric-wearing marauders suddenly showing up everywhere. I also wanted to change how skill-leveling works (Sneak and Alchemy zoom upwards really fast, while some other skills like Restoration crawl).

So yeah, I've got some new Must Haves and I'm adding them above.

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 15 2020, 05:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 15 2020, 05:36 PM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 15 2020, 11:10 AM) *

I am changing my Top Ten list above.. forgot about leveling / balancing mods. Maybe it's because it's been so long since I've had to worry about glass-wearing bandits and daedric-wearing marauders suddenly showing up everywhere. I also wanted to change how skill-leveling works (Sneak and Alchemy zoom upwards really fast, while some other skills like Restoration crawl).

I read through your revised list. I might try BOO, but I’m currently testing Realistic Leveling recommended by Macole. Do you know if BOO will interfere with RL?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 16 2020, 01:28 PM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

I do not know Realistic Leveling at all. Not sure what changes it makes. Well, surely it changes how the game levels upwards, but I don't know what else it does (if anything).

The portions of BOO which I use mostly affect Leveled List stuff: so, random armor, random loot, random weapons found on enemies and chests, and so on. What I like is that it keeps these items rare. BOO also adds its own sets of leather armors, steel armors, chainmail (and so on) including boots, cuirasses, helmets, and gauntlets, but it does this without replacing the vanilla stuff. This is good because there's a lot of variety... we're not always seeing that same set of fur armor worn by bandits, and so on. This mod does exactly what I want, you see, it's simple.

BOO also has a few new features which I don't use. Not sure if these have anything to do with leveling. Even if these features do change leveling, everything is optional, so you won't have to use those.

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 16 2020, 01:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 16 2020, 03:51 PM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 16 2020, 07:28 AM) *

I do not know Realistic Leveling at all. Not sure what changes it makes. Well, surely it changes how the game levels upwards, but I don't know what else it does (if anything).

The portions of BOO which I use mostly affect Leveled List stuff: so, random armor, random loot, random weapons found on enemies and chests, and so on. What I like is that it keeps these items rare. BOO also adds its own sets of leather armors, steel armors, chainmail (and so on) including boots, cuirasses, helmets, and gauntlets, but it does this without replacing the vanilla stuff. This is good because there's a lot of variety... we're not always seeing that same set of fur armor worn by bandits, and so on. This mod does exactly what I want, you see, it's simple.

BOO also has a few new features which I don't use. Not sure if these have anything to do with leveling. Even if these features do change leveling, everything is optional, so you won't have to use those.

Oh ok. Looks like I’ll need to experiment!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
macole
post Aug 19 2020, 05:17 AM
Post #31

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 15 2020, 11:36 AM) *

I read through your revised list. I might try BOO, but I’m currently testing Realistic Leveling recommended by Macole. Do you know if BOO will interfere with RL?

Realisitic Leveling and BOO should be compatible.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 19 2020, 08:41 PM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Aug 18 2020, 11:17 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 15 2020, 11:36 AM) *

Realisitic Leveling and BOO should be compatible.

Oh! Thank you!

—————————————————
An update for my progress on modding the game:

I got the mods I want pretty much squared away so I moved to play testing. Started a game with TU Starting Options, choosing to start at a shipwreck north of Anvil. Made it to Anvil and moved up the road heading towards Kvatch. Found a Black Horse Courier lady dead on the road from a wolf attack. Killed the wolf, took the horse as my own. Killed the highwayman a bit further up the road. Went to the top of the hill to over look Anvil. Turned around and went back down the road towards Anvil. Game crashes shortly thereafter everytime. Annoying.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 20 2020, 02:33 PM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

I absolutely bow down to all of you who can manage to playtest rather than actually start off playing. laugh.gif I have heard of gamers setting up their games for months before they start playing.

Is the character you're testing with going to be the same who you'll game with?

Maybe you already know this Khajiit, but what I would do is make a save somewhere around the area where the wolf got killed. Then disable those mods. Go toward Anvil. If the game doesn't CTD now you at least know it's a mod which is causing CTDs-near-Anvil.

I did this just yesterday in Fallout 3. Once again, my game was crashing every time my character went from an inside cell to an outside one. I was able to narrow this down to Mart's Mutant Mod. mad.gif Which sort of made me upset because I really want MMM in FO3, but it's just not worth trying to figure out why it's crashing my game. Good bye MMM. salute.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 20 2020, 02:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 20 2020, 04:06 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

I had Skyrim crashing every time I entered an outside cell - first from the north, then again from the east. Fortunately, I had MO with NetFramework as part of my load out, and it generates a crash report every time. So I looked at it and saw that it had errors reading LOD's. So I regenerated my LOD's and since then no problem! I find that having that installed for Skyrim really helps in troubleshooting crashes. I'm not sure if there is a similar mod/tool for Oblivion though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 20 2020, 08:52 PM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 20 2020, 08:33 AM) *

I absolutely bow down to all of you who can manage to playtest rather than actually start off playing. laugh.gif I have heard of gamers setting up their games for months before they start playing.

Is the character you're testing with going to be the same who you'll game with?

Maybe you already know this Khajiit, but what I would do is make a save somewhere around the area where the wolf got killed. Then disable those mods. Go toward Anvil. If the game doesn't CTD now you at least know it's a mod which is causing CTDs-near-Anvil.

I did this just yesterday in Fallout 3. Once again, my game was crashing every time my character went from an inside cell to an outside one. I was able to narrow this down to Mart's Mutant Mod. mad.gif Which sort of made me upset because I really want MMM in FO3, but it's just not worth trying to figure out why it's crashing my game. Good bye MMM. salute.gif

Yeah, just clean reinstalled Oblivion and I’m slowly adding back mods. I’m thinking the issue was either with Natural Environments or the Weather All Natural mod.

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Aug 20 2020, 10:06 AM) *

I had Skyrim crashing every time I entered an outside cell - first from the north, then again from the east. Fortunately, I had MO with NetFramework as part of my load out, and it generates a crash report every time. So I looked at it and saw that it had errors reading LOD's. So I regenerated my LOD's and since then no problem! I find that having that installed for Skyrim really helps in troubleshooting crashes. I'm not sure if there is a similar mod/tool for Oblivion though.

Ooo that does sound like a very handy tool! I’ll have to remember that one if I pick up Skyrim again. I’ll have to look and see if there’s something like that for Oblivion.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
macole
post Aug 21 2020, 06:57 AM
Post #36

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 20 2020, 02:52 PM) *

Yeah, just clean reinstalled Oblivion and I’m slowly adding back mods. I’m thinking the issue was either with Natural Environments or the Weather All Natural mod.

Are you using Natural Environments and Weather All Natural together? I didn't think the two were compatible.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 21 2020, 07:59 AM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Aug 21 2020, 12:57 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 20 2020, 02:52 PM) *

Are you using Natural Environments and Weather All Natural together? I didn't think the two were compatible.

Seems like one was required by the other, but I may be wrong. That’s why I’m also reading the readme’s more carefully.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 21 2020, 01:48 PM
Post #38

Councilor
Group Icon

I have All Natural. If I'm not mistaken, I think it comes with three weather mods bundled together and one of them is Natural Weather. So it's not necessary to have Natural Weather as a separate plug-in, as well as All Natural.

I think I read that right. <_<

All Natural is a great mod, by the way. I tend to use one of its three sub-mods at a time...

Atmospheric Weather --- I use this for summer months, along with Yellow or Rose Red Tint.
Enhanced Weather -- I think I use this for winter months, along with Darker Bad Weather.
Natural Weather -- I use this for Fall + Spring months.

The lighting of each of these mods can be customized, as well as Fog Distance and other factors. So basically I am always seeing weather which is similar to what we'd see in temperate regions of Earth.

Edit: but that's a good thing to do. Just add one thing at a time. Do some gaming. Go into several cells (interior and exterior). Get into your character's story. Roleplay, or whatever. Then add something else. I think it's less frustrating this way. At least you know everything you add works (or doesn't work) within due time.

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 21 2020, 06:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Aug 23 2020, 02:10 AM
Post #39

Mouth
Group Icon

I see I will have to reread the All Natural readme. I may be confused, which is not unusual.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 24 2020, 09:18 PM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

I was most definitely mistaken about one of the weather mods requiring the other. I was getting them confused with something else. It all seems to be working correctly now.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:38 AM