Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leveling enemies
Do you love or hate the fact that opponents level?
Do you love or hate the fact that opponents level?
Love it [ 20 ] ** [74.07%]
Hate it [ 7 ] ** [25.93%]
Total Votes: 27
Guests cannot vote 
Furious_George
post Apr 3 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #1

Finder
Group Icon

I've seen lots of posts from people complaining about how they hate how the difficulty of the enemies/quests increases as your character levels up. Particularly when discussing the Kvatch main questline - many players have had trouble completing it when they were beyond level 10.

Personally, I love leveling. It means that even trivial quests can be a challenge. One thing that bored me was when I had completed about half of the quests and/or the main quest in MW, all other quests were just too darn easy.

Oblivion takes care of that problem, but many of you disagree with me!
Vote and post here!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sins_to_dark
post Apr 5 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #2

Agent

I love the fact that your enemies level up i prefer it smile.gif

--------------------
I don't think you trust, in, my, self rightious sucide, I, cry, when angels deserve to die
+Quote Post
Remux Dreadfire
post Apr 5 2006, 10:29 AM
Post #3

Evoker

QUOTE(sins_to_dark @ Apr 5 2006, 09:58 AM)
I love the fact that your enemies level up i prefer it  smile.gif

Yeah i like em leveling up too

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

user posted image
+Quote Post
Joryn
post Apr 5 2006, 11:20 AM
Post #4

Agent

I loved it also. Well maybe not so much in Kvatch. One mage saves the entire city. It was hard for me, but all the soldiers were either dead, or anyone of importance was unconcious. Even leveled guards would have been welcome also. I like a challange and I like my allies to be challenged also. Not walked allover.

--------------------
Faith, Law, and Justice. Walk on

Joryn - Lvl 40 Dunmer Mage born under the Mage.
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post Apr 5 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

I love it.

This way the game can never become too easy.
The loot also levels up with you,and that's also great.The game is at the moment hard to me because i have 47 Armorer(only 3 to go!) and i'm forced using non-enchanted weapons.But when i get the right skill......heh.....

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Furious_George
post Apr 5 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(HyPN0 @ Apr 5 2006, 08:01 AM)
I love it.

This way the game can never become too easy.
The loot also levels up with you,and that's also great.The game is at the moment hard to me because i have 47 Armorer(only 3 to go!) and i'm forced using non-enchanted weapons.But when i get the right skill......heh.....

Then just wait until you're an expert in armorer... tongue.gif

Sound like the leveling process is starting to settle in - at first I saw a lot of noise from folks objecting to it, but I think many (myself included) see that it enables much more extended fun play.
+Quote Post
damncrackers
post Apr 5 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #7

Retainer

I like that the monsters get harder, but i'm lvl 12 and bears are kicking my boat, i dont think this should happen, there should be a certain lvl they can get to, and then that is it, so that some things are just easy when you get a higher lvl, well rats are easy and ghosts are easy but besides that, it is much better than morrowind though where there was a ponit i could kill anything with 2 swings. So I would rather have bears kicking my boat.
+Quote Post
Sherish
post Apr 5 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #8

Associate

I read the blurb included with the game saying you can do the main quest or go do your own thing and do the quest later... so I did.

At lvl 15 I decided to do the main quest, and its so damn hard its untrue. Guards dying as soon as they go through the portals etc. Ive done countless resaves, and I will admit to, at one point, putting on `TGM as after 4 hours of reload save, die, reload save, die... it was the only way out, and Im only at the Chorral portal! I was very upset when Baurus died sad.gif

Other than that, I have no problems with the mobs lvling as I do, Im enjoying it, I just wish Id known earlier to do the main quest before anything else at all.

Oh well, when I make a new character to play it again, Ill know better smile.gif
+Quote Post
Sting Sethkan
post Apr 5 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #9

Associate

I find the leveling of the enemies that make the game real hard is a pain. Saving and reloading and dying is NOT fun. There should be some reasonable leveling, but when is this game going to get fun? There should be a setting for this leveling thing. Why level up if it makes no difference in your abilities usefullnes?
+Quote Post
damncrackers
post Apr 5 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #10

Retainer

QUOTE(Sting Sethkan @ Apr 5 2006, 05:22 PM)
Why level up if it makes no difference in your abilities usefullnes?

True to that, I get all happy when I level but it doesnt really mean anything except I have to fight harder guys and I have 10 extra life that they can beat out of me before I have to reload.
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Apr 5 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Why shouldn't they? smile.gif
+Quote Post
Furious_George
post Apr 6 2006, 03:32 AM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(damncrackers @ Apr 5 2006, 03:35 PM)
True to that, I get all happy when I level but it doesnt really mean anything except I have to fight harder guys and I have 10 extra life that they can beat out of me before I have to reload.

There's the rub... and a good point.

My reply:
In comparison to lower levels, at higher levels, it's still easier to do many things, like sell at better prices, sneak past people easier, do more damage with swings, jump higher, etc.

One area that people over look is that even as you level up, you can in fact get better than your opponents if you level up wisely and make good use of equipment. I've actually been edging the difficulty slider up from average as I've progressed through the game. Alchemy is a skill many neglect. I just made expert. I can easily create Recover health potions of ~14 points per sec for 30+ sec, so it makes me able to hang with even a gang of tough beasties. I can create 40%+ chameleon potions that last minutes.... when I sneak they never see me even if I'm under their noses! And because I'm incredibly strong (about 160 with daedric enchanted armor), they usually go down with one sneaky swing.

I've found it just fine to close Ob gates at lvl 20+ but haven't bothered with main quest past the join the Red Dawn quest.

OTOH, if you find it too hard, then you can also make use of the difficulty slider!

+Quote Post
Aki
post Apr 6 2006, 03:54 AM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

I kinda dislike leveling.

I like that they level. But I hate how they all scale to me. All of them. some like rats have a level cap, fortunately, but frankly...well, being a battlemage and getting owned by a single timber wolf annoys the hell out of me.

But, the difficultly slider is my friend.

When I get pisased I just turn it down all the way and I like, become a GOD.

Seriously. Do it sometime. You'll beat everything to death with the greatest of ease. Its satistfying if you've been getting killed alot recently.

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
HyPN0
post Apr 6 2006, 07:01 AM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aki @ Apr 6 2006, 04:54 AM)
But, the difficultly slider is my friend.

When I get pisased I just turn it down all the way and I like, become a GOD.

Ahhhh cammon' that cheating!
Don't you at least a bit feel like a cheater?

And BTW:You are a BATTLEAMAGE and got killed by Timber Wolf blink.gif
I am a Stealth char and i eat them for breakfast.Battlemages should be a lot stronger than Stealth chars.Actualy,what is your level?

Back on topic:Finaly i reched Journeyman in Armorer.Finaly i can use my superior Short Sword and repair it.I must tell that i felt a breaking point betwen ''Normal enemy hard as hell'' and ''not that chalenging''.

*************************Minor Spoiler*********************************
The blade i'm talking about is offcourse Chillrend.It's a short sword that deals 20 Frost damage and reduces enemyes Frost resistance 35% for 20 seconds.That means that with my every next hit,i deal more damage.With this blade i'm killing Spider Daedra and Storm Atronachs with most of ease.Still those Daedra(what is it's name?)that summon Clanfear,Are sturdy and deal good melee damage?They are trouble.

To get to my point:Sometimes too easy,sometimes too hard.So the leveling system isn't that perfect after all.......

This post has been edited by HyPN0: Apr 6 2006, 07:03 AM

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
damncrackers
post Apr 6 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #15

Retainer

I didnt even know about the slider, i am just going to pretend I never read about it too. I can get passed just about everything but it is very challenging which is a good thing

Alchemy is a skill many neglect. I just made expert.

I make potions all the time just so I can level, and then I sell the ones that are useless and get extra cash, I think im lvl 60 in alch

I just need to find some good armor and weapons, i havent found anything past a 6 damage in weapons or a 7 in armor,
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post Apr 6 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Furious_George @ Apr 6 2006, 04:32 AM)
Alchemy is a skill many neglect. I just made expert. I can easily create Recover health potions of ~14 points per sec for 30+ sec, so it makes me able to hang with even a gang of tough beasties. I can create 40%+ chameleon potions that last minutes.... when I sneak they never see me even if I'm under their noses!

You just wait until you become a Master!
***************************Minor Spoiler****************************

With Master skill you can make potions with one single ingridient!Just one Bloodgrass and puf....Chameleon!And if you put Nirnroot you can make a VERY powerfull poison.....

Unfortinatly that doesn't work for Dark Brotherhood poison apples.You can't make a Deadly Weapon poison sad.gif

--------------------
- Albert Einstein

- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
damncrackers
post Apr 6 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #17

Retainer

QUOTE(HyPN0 @ Apr 6 2006, 07:39 PM)
You just wait until you become a Master!

That will be nice, i need a better way of getting healing potions, what ingrients make a healing potion, that I will be able to find easily?
+Quote Post
Aki
post Apr 6 2006, 09:55 PM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(HyPN0 @ Apr 6 2006, 01:01 AM)
Ahhhh cammon' that cheating!
Don't you at least a bit feel like a cheater?

And BTW:You are a BATTLEAMAGE and got killed by Timber Wolf  blink.gif
I am a Stealth char and i eat them for breakfast.Battlemages should be a lot stronger than Stealth chars.Actualy,what is your level?

Back on topic:Finaly i reched Journeyman in Armorer.Finaly i can use my superior Short Sword and repair it.I must tell that i felt a breaking point betwen ''Normal enemy hard as hell'' and ''not that chalenging''.

'Tis not cheating if you're using the devs put there to use. The game's default setting is, as my friend so elqouently put it once "Scaled for Hardcore powergamers". tongue.gif

My Battlemage is level 8. Thats his problem, see. Unless you hamster with the slider you have to keep leveling your skills without increasing your level or the enemies crush you. Which is also like cheating. wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
Time
post Apr 7 2006, 06:16 AM
Post #19

Associate

I'm just happy the bears and lions don't get glass claws... everyone in my game is packing evil enchanted glass axes, swords, and bows.

--------------------
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post Apr 7 2006, 06:26 AM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aki @ Apr 6 2006, 10:55 PM)
'Tis not cheating if you're using the devs put there to use. The game's default setting is, as my friend so elqouently put it once "Scaled for Hardcore powergamers".  tongue.gif

My Battlemage is level 8. Thats his problem, see. Unless you hamster with the slider you have to keep leveling your skills without increasing your level or the enemies crush you. Which is also like cheating.  wink.gif

Well you surely remember in Morrowind that with trainers you were able to make up your way to the stars.....Just one trip to Mournhold,make money and Train 30 levels up.It was put here by the devs,but cammon,didn't it feel like cheating?

Oh,you're level 8?I guess that Timber Wolf can be formidbnle oponent at that level.Don't know really,it was easy to kill him with a Critical Hit (Stealth Kill).Oh,did you by any chance meet Mountain Lion?If you can't fairly beat Timber Wolf at this level you're not gonna like Mountain Lion tongue.gif

This post has been edited by HyPN0: Apr 7 2006, 06:28 AM

--------------------
- Albert Einstein

- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:44 AM