Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> To Heir is Human XV - Playground, The fifteenth.
jack cloudy
post Oct 12 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

OOC: I might just take Mannimarco. I'll have to reread though on what is going on and what the planned outcome is. Frankly, the Necromancer plot doesn't touch my characters so I didn't pay that much attention to it.

Flint Ironwood, sitting at some quiet spot.

Flint scowled as he peeled back the top layer of his armour.
,,Ayayay. Cracked pretty bad I see. Well crap it, does anyone have any idea how much work it is to fix this kind of damage? Maybe I should downgrade to steel chain, it's easier to reforge. Ah, quality versus ease of fixing. Nah, I think I'm going to stick with glass." He disconnected the glass plates and after some debate, he removed all the other plates as well. Since he was going to fix glass anyway, he might as well handle the general wear and tear while he was at it.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Oct 12 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #42

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Oct 12 2007, 07:52 AM) *

OCC: The staff can miss by a bit and imbed itself in the ground, or it could clip Flogir and injure him a bit. Up to you Mallet.

Plys'Iea

The alien heard the words spoken, and understood their meaning. Clearly, this man is valuable to their forces.... He turned to look upon Rann and the retreating Flogir. Suddenly, the warrior raised his staff over his shoulder and threw it.

The balanced weapon spun through the air like the a wagon wheel, arcing toward the Nord Co-Commander.

Rann

Rann didn't spot the staff until too late; it had already whizzed by his head at an incredible speed. If he had reacted a bit more quickly, he would have tried to get in its way, but that idea was now impossible.

"Flogir!" he shouted loudly, as he spun around to look at their leader. Unfortunately, that movement left his back to the Plys'Iea.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 12 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir turned just in time to see the hurled object. Flogir jumped to the side to avoid the object but he wasn't quick enough. The blunt edge of the object smacked against one of his legs and sent the Co-Commander scuttling across the cobblestones.

The blow didn't knock him unconcious but Flogir groaned and gritted his teeth. His leg was broken. Still, knowing that he needed to get away, Flogir began to crawl away.

This is not good...

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 12 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #44

Master
Group Icon

OOC: I'll take Mannimarco for now. I still have to pick up on the current situation though. Where are Ian/Cerpin/Karn? And another question though I'll be looking for it myself. Is it the intention for Mannimarco to be beaten?

Mannimarco.

The King of Worms stood in the mausoleum of a temple. All around him, there were graves. Graves of heroes. He cast a wicked smile at the cold walls. The bodies here would do well. He would turn them into something better than a zombie or skeleton. He would make them into Liches, bound to his will.
,,Rise, my faithful servants. I have need of you. Heed your master's call." He chanted.

To his left, one grave's cover cracked. A skeletal hand burst through, still covered by a silver gauntlet. Mannimarco looked at the sight and admit to himself that this was better than expected. Not only would he raise heroes with all the skill they posessed in life, he would raise them with their full equipment.
,,Yes, come. Be reborn in the shadow of death."

OOC: Hero Lich or not, I bet that half a dozen of these won't last long beyond five minutes if the Ian/Karn combo gets serious.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 12 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #45

Master
Group Icon

OCC: Cerpin and Ian are both leading the party of Narza'Tai assassins into the Temple District, Karn is.... somewhere. He's presently hidden and watching the fighting at the breach, the Narza'Tai will take part in carving through the Silhoutte's minions soon enough.

We were thinking of Mannimarco being vanquished (once and for all) at the final encounter between Silhoutte, Tamrielic, and Undead (before there's a year long interlude of Veric's rule).

Ian, outskirts of the Temple District

While the temple was an arrowshot from the gates, getting all the way to the structure on foot was not so simple. The cobblestones didn't seem too stable, as if the ground beneath them had been disturbed. Leeched of life is more like it, Ian thought.

The vampire could smell the heavy scent of death and decay in the air. "Some much for sanctuary; this place has been overtaken just as easily and fully as any other the Necromancer's could have attacked." He muttered.
The group leader of the Narza'Tai replied, her normally gentle voice had a dark tone to it. "Death and Justice will have their vengeance, for we shall strike down those who have profaned both...." Ian remained silent, his blood-colored eyes scanning the grounds around the temple from their vantage point on top of a partially collapsed building.

Plys'Iea

Seizing the chance when Rann presented his back to him, the alien lunged forward, his eleven-inch-long neck drawn back, his jaws open wide, ready to sink his fangs into the Dunmer's shoulder.

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 13 2007, 07:52 PM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

Mannimarco, temple district.

Mannimarco was surrounded by seven other liches. Claymores, axes, polearms and even a warhammer or two shone dully in the torchlight.
,,You will be my personal guard. The mortals are focussed on defending their precious wall at a breach. Now is the time for us to strike where they aren't expecting it." He spoke and moved towards the door.
,,If I can take over the bodies of the wounded, I'll be able to put out an army of more fearsome zombies than they've seen up to this point."

Coming out of the temple, the necromancer shielded his eyes against the sun for a moment.

OOC: I have no idea what time it is honestly, but anyway, he's outside now, with his bodyguards.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Oct 14 2007, 05:19 AM
Post #47

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Oct 12 2007, 05:36 PM) *

OCC: Cerpin and Ian are both leading the party of Narza'Tai assassins into the Temple District, Karn is.... somewhere. He's presently hidden and watching the fighting at the breach, the Narza'Tai will take part in carving through the Silhoutte's minions soon enough.

We were thinking of Mannimarco being vanquished (once and for all) at the final encounter between Silhoutte, Tamrielic, and Undead (before there's a year long interlude of Veric's rule).

Ian, outskirts of the Temple District

While the temple was an arrowshot from the gates, getting all the way to the structure on foot was not so simple. The cobblestones didn't seem too stable, as if the ground beneath them had been disturbed. Leeched of life is more like it, Ian thought.

The vampire could smell the heavy scent of death and decay in the air. "Some much for sanctuary; this place has been overtaken just as easily and fully as any other the Necromancer's could have attacked." He muttered.
The group leader of the Narza'Tai replied, her normally gentle voice had a dark tone to it. "Death and Justice will have their vengeance, for we shall strike down those who have profaned both...." Ian remained silent, his blood-colored eyes scanning the grounds around the temple from their vantage point on top of a partially collapsed building.

Plys'Iea

Seizing the chance when Rann presented his back to him, the alien lunged forward, his eleven-inch-long neck drawn back, his jaws open wide, ready to sink his fangs into the Dunmer's shoulder.

Rann

Rann instinctively turned around quickly, but not quick enough to avoid the alien's razor-sharp fangs from slicing the top of his shoulder. Rann was just glad that they weren't embedded in his bone.

The Plys'Iea's lunge put him a few feet away, and Rann began to circle the monstrosity, his shoddy sword in hand. He could feel the blood trickling down his arm from his shoulder, and though he knew that the wound wasn't serious, it still hurt enough to affect his movements. He avoided looking in Flogir's direction, since Rann felt that it would remind the alien of their leader's presence. He could only pray that the nord was standing up to escape, not still sprawled out on the street from a staff's throw.

Turning his thoughts back to the alien and the battle at hand, Rann realized that he was at an even greater disadvantage than he'd first thought. With its weapon gone, his opponent was forced to fight with claws and fangs; and Rann had little to no chance against that armor and those fangs with his pathetic weapon. Close quarters were not what he needed.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 14 2007, 05:56 AM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

Amrita

Amrita's crossbow was still useless at such a range. She did have a particularly nasty lightning spell that could work though. Taking careful consideration that no other target would get in her way, she unleashed a powerful shock spell towards the creature.

"Perhaps it'll startle it enough for Rann to get out of there..."

Flogir

With Flogir's leg in it's current state, Flogir needed something to give him some support to get to his feet. He pulled out Iceshard, grimacing as it bumped along his injured leg and using it as a crutch, pushed himself onto one foot. He then began to hobble away.

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 14 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #49

Master
Group Icon

Plys'Iea

He felt the lightning an instant before it struck. The bulk of the spell was deflected by his armor, but a portion shocked the alien enough to cause brief physical agony. Faint wisps of smoke curld off of the Plys'Iea's armor and scales.

He turned his head far enough for one eye to remain on the Dunmer, and the other to spot Amrita. It occured to the alien to use the Dunmer as a shield against further lightning spells, an attack that still mystified him.
But the electrical shock wasn't enough to be debilitating, so he chose instead to ignore the lightning.

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Oct 14 2007, 05:28 PM
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Oct 14 2007, 11:51 PM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann obviously mistook Amrita's purpose in helping. The idea that she wanted him to run didn't even cross his mind; he just understood that he had a partner in the fight now.

Noticing the way the alien shifted its position, Rann decided to act strategic. He continued circling around the Plys'Iea until he and Amrita were on opposite sides of the brute, making it difficult for it to keep visual contact with both of them at the same time. If the monster decided to face one of them outright, there would be someone at his back.

Cerpin

"If we are to assume that this district is Mannimarco's new base of operations, then we would also be safe in assuming that he is residing in the temple; it is the most defensible and comfortable place in the district. And it also has a tomb underneath. Logical place for a necromancer, no?"

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Oct 14 2007, 11:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 15 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #51

Master
Group Icon

Ian

The vampire nodded, he saw the door to the Temple open and the necromancer himself stride out with seven armored corpses. "He just walked out of the temple, must not expect to be attacked in the center of his territory."

I could shoot him from here, Ian thought, but dismissed the idea. "Let's get closer, those seven undead are different from normal liches, who did they have beneath the Temple?"

Plys'Iea

"Attempting to surround me? Have you learned nothing since our first encounter?" He hissed at them. Rather than retreat immediately, he decided to use a simple counter. Facing neither, he took a slow step back (to the left/right of Rann and Amrita) his eyes moving independantly to track both simultaniously.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Oct 15 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

Cerpin

"Those that receive the honor of being buried beneath the temple did so because of great deeds," he answered, "Though I don't know exactly who was buried there."

Rann

Rann looked to Amrita with an expression that seemed to ask her if she was making the first move.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 16 2007, 01:16 AM
Post #53

Master
Group Icon

Ian

He turned to the Narza'Tai leader, "You and your assassins know where you will work best. I understand you're all under orders to keep excess undead off our backs and leave the necromancers to us."

The robed woman replied, beneath her mask. "Aye, by the time Mannimarco is slain, his followers and undead servants will be gone from this world for good."
Ian nodded curtly, "Let's not waste this opportunity then, Mannimarco's in the open and vulnerable." Expecting Cerpin to follow, the vampire turned and began to make his way through the rubble toward the temple.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 16 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

Mannimarco.

Mannimarco stopped suddenly, his Liches moving in to surround him and ward him from threats at all sides.
,,I feel death in the air, but it's not mine." The necromancer whispered. But as of yet, he had not yet pinpointed the vampire's position.
,,He's here, somewhere! The vampire, he has come. Prepare yourselves, my servants."

OOC: I really have the feeling that I'm playing a different Mannimarco than Priest's. I guess we have a different style or something. For one thing, mine seems weaker.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Oct 17 2007, 04:33 AM
Post #55

Councilor
Group Icon

Cerpin

Cerpin followed Ian for a small amount of time, but he was soon walking alongside the vampire as they approached the Temple entrance.

Cerpin looked over at Ian with a very serious expression, and began to speak quietly, so as not to be overheard, "I know you don't approve of my methods, but I think it's the best way to escape alive. I'll go at Mannimarco first; you hang back and take care of his minions. I will let him gain a serious advantage, and bring me to the brink of death. At that very moment, I will switch bodies with the filthy wizard and one of us will take that opportunity to kill the King of Worms, who in this beaten body won't have much fight left."

Rann

Amrita paused one moment too long. Rann didn't want her to be the target of the monster, especially if she was unable to think of an attack. To buy her some more time, Rann charged in. He jumped in the air with his sword high above his head, ready for a strike to the alien's head.

OOC: swat him away, let him hit, I don't care.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Oct 17 2007, 04:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 17 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

OCC: WHen the swap occures, Ian will only be able to get Kirana's soul back, so Mannimarco can manage to teleport, or whatever away. Perhaps in the confusion of an all-out zombie rush.

Ian

"As long as it works, just don't take to much time before swapping." The vampire replied, if Mannimarco was dead for good, then he didn't care how the necromancer was to die.

Plys'Iea

When the Dunmer attacked, he swiveled his head to face him. Lowering himself slightly, the alien himself moved into the elf's jump, and his head shot forward. His jaws snapped shut on Rann's other arm, while his teeth weren't meant for tearing meat like his more ancient ancestors, they were suited to maintaining grip on food once it had it.

With a lunge in the direction of the female Altmer, the Plys'Iea swung his head, and Rann with it, at Amrita. He released Rann's arm at the right time for him to land near or on his other opponent. The alien snarled, blood dripping from his maw. "Now, little prey, you have lost your 'advantage.'"

OCC: We also need to move Satyana and co. Wouldn't it suck of one of Mannimarco's necromancers found Telina's body?

Issac

While he understood this was a family reunion of sorts, Issac grew somewhat impatient to get moving. "We need to do something about your mother's body, then we can try killing that witch and calling Serene." The Altmer didn't know where the others had in mind to put Telina's body, but he started off in a random direction: the Elven Gardens, away from the breach.
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Oct 17 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #57

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Oct 17 2007, 02:16 PM) *

OCC: WHen the swap occures, Ian will only be able to get Kirana's soul back, so Mannimarco can manage to teleport, or whatever away. Perhaps in the confusion of an all-out zombie rush.

Ian

"As long as it works, just don't take to much time before swapping." The vampire replied, if Mannimarco was dead for good, then he didn't care how the necromancer was to die.

Plys'Iea

When the Dunmer attacked, he swiveled his head to face him. Lowering himself slightly, the alien himself moved into the elf's jump, and his head shot forward. His jaws snapped shut on Rann's other arm, while his teeth weren't meant for tearing meat like his more ancient ancestors, they were suited to maintaining grip on food once it had it.

With a lunge in the direction of the female Altmer, the Plys'Iea swung his head, and Rann with it, at Amrita. He released Rann's arm at the right time for him to land near or on his other opponent. The alien snarled, blood dripping from his maw. "Now, little prey, you have lost your 'advantage.'"

OCC: We also need to move Satyana and co. Wouldn't it suck of one of Mannimarco's necromancers found Telina's body?

Issac

While he understood this was a family reunion of sorts, Issac grew somewhat impatient to get moving. "We need to do something about your mother's body, then we can try killing that witch and calling Serene." The Altmer didn't know where the others had in mind to put Telina's body, but he started off in a random direction: the Elven Gardens, away from the breach.

Haldin

Haldin nodded at issac, wiping the tears away, I agree that we shold do som-" the rest of what he was about to say was cut of as his mothers body started to shine a bright white light, before dissapearing in a bang. Haldin looked on in shock for a few seconds before chuckling, "it appears that not even in death my mother can run out of surprises".

No one noticed the book that Satyana had been iven glowed white for a brief seconds, but Satyana definately felt the small warmth that lingered for a few minutes.

James.

James looked surly up at the old man who had replied to HIM of all people with sarcasm, that James felt was an insult, he was supposes to be sarcastic not the other way around.

"Well if I couldn't have gotten away what took you so bloody long, age turned you into an old goat", he snapped at Flint, before to his horror he felt his eyelids close, and he fell to the ground in a dead faint.

OOC: Decided that I wouldn't want telina re-animated...it could have very adverse and painful consequenses to a certain poor necromancer...remember nothing is ever normal when it comes to a Delvanni *smirk*

And James being his usual Jamsia manner just had to get the last word tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 18 2007, 04:17 AM
Post #58

Master
Group Icon

Issac

He was stunned when Telina suddenly began to glow, and then vanished from his arms altogether. However, he decided to take Haldin's word for it, and treat the weird occurance as if it was nothing irregular.

Issac only noticed the book was shining as it began to darken again, but simply raised an eyebrow, expecting someone to elaborate if necessary on what was going on.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 18 2007, 06:56 AM
Post #59

Master
Group Icon

Amrita

Amrita was about to prepare a spell when Rann went to attack the creature. The action caused her to hesitate and she suddenly found that Rann was being hurled at her. She quickly casted a slowfall spell on Rann and it allowed her to side step Rann.

She examined the weapon Rann had and tossed him one of her daggers. "The enchantment on that might be of some help. Might be a bit difficult to use in this situation but it's the best I have. Cover your eyes now."

To buy them some time, Amrita evoked a powerfully bright light spell, seeking to blind their opponent.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 18 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

Mannimarco, temple district.

The necromancer gazed about. Up there, a collection of souls.
,,You can't hide from me, vampire!" He snarled as he threw a curse Ian's way. The constant meddling of that man and the utter persistance he showed was becoming highly annoying.

All around the temple district, zombies stopped their aimless lumbering and turned, at which point they began a slow yet relentless push at the invaders.

OOC: The zombies are still out of melee range, not to mention that they won't be able to climb up on the walls anyway. But Cerpin's bodyswitch might prove difficult. I mean, wasn't it a touch spell? Mannimarco isn't a melee-freak. The best thing to do would be for Ian and Narza'Tai to run distraction so that Cerpin can sneak in.

Flint Ironwood, at a quiet spot.

Flint merely smiled when James passed out and a healer rushed over to attend to him.
,,Finally, was about time he stopped being such a smartass. And I guess he didn't notice the collateral damage of the distraction I used."

--------------------
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:56 PM