142 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Because Every Rose Has Its Video, Rosa's Vid Topic
SubRosa
post May 15 2011, 11:53 PM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

King Coin: I never tried recording videos with the shareware version. Given how much you use it for video, it is probably worth getting the full version.

I am not going to go any deeper into Canterbury Commons for now. I did it a few weeks ago with Tomoe, and don't want to do the same thing all over again. I only recorded it because that opening confrontation is one of the coolest parts of the game.

mALX: My first time in Canterbury Commons I came in from the opposite end of the city, so I never saw any of the confrontation between the AntAgonizer and the Mechanist. With one of my other characters, I talked the AntAgonizer out of her life of costumed crime, and wore her suit for the rest of the game (I found a mod that replaced the textures with higher-res ones, and tweaked the stats a bit).

If I recall, the ants are not-hostile to you in that encounter. Because I have walked right up to them in the past. It is obviously all scripted. At the higher levels the robots always seem to win, but at the lower levels the ants seem to get the upper hand. Either way, it always ends up the same, with the two of them running out of the town.

Acadian: *waves* Glad to see you popping into the Capital Wasteland. It is an exciting place to visit, but I would not want to live there! Eventually I am sure to get back to Oblivion, and who knows, maybe make some videos of Teresa as she clears out all the Ayleid Ruins in Cyrodiil.

Boudica stumbles upon the Bethesda Ruins, which are infested with Raiders.

Clearing the streets

Into the first building

Finishing the ruins

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 16 2011, 12:42 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 16 2011, 04:03 AM
Post #42

Master
Group Icon

I loved going through those ruins when I played. You got so close to them before that guy saw you. Is that the Preferator? I love that gun, I played the Pitt just for it. My favorite part is when you just step back and let the car blow the raiders to hell. The combat shotgun is just great isn't it? You thought that Flame thrower guy was still alive but the second shot killed him on your way out of the room. I would have taken the flame throwers but I would have stuck with the shotty.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 17 2011, 04:02 PM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

These were great! My first game I made the mistake of trotting into Bethesda thinking (like an idiot) that they would have a Todd Howard, Emil, Pete Hines, etc. - couldn't wait to get in there, so was at a very low level. Not sure how many times I died before I (even reached the building), then cleared the double building out - no Todd Howard, ROFL !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 17 2011, 04:19 PM
Post #44

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 17 2011, 10:02 AM) *

These were great! My first game I made the mistake of trotting into Bethesda thinking (like an idiot) that they would have a Todd Howard, Emil, Pete Hines, etc. - couldn't wait to get in there, so was at a very low level. Not sure how many times I died before I (even reached the building), then cleared the double building out - no Todd Howard, ROFL !!!

I was expecting some easter eggs in there, but if there was I didn't find them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 19 2011, 01:00 AM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

King Coin: That is indeed the Perforator. It is my favorite of guns from The Pitt. I like the fact that it is an automatic with a scope. But like all assault rifles, it can really chew through the ammo if I am not careful. I don't really like the shotgun much, because it is usually so poor at range. I was only using it there because I was almost out of 5.56 ammo.

I usually only have two permanent weapons for a character, typically one rifle type, and one pistol. When I pick up other guns while adventuring those are mainly just to sell as loot. But sometimes I will use them, if they are something nifty and unusual. That is why I used the flamethrower, as it is not something I often have the chance to use.

mALX: I kept thinking there would be some kind of easter eggs in Bethedsa too! I was looking for a computer game developer's office, or an Oblivion poster, or anything to link back to the devs. But if there is something there, I have never noticed it.

Boudica takes to the metro tunnels, on her way to GNR. In this vid she puts a robot to use, and later plays with fire.

Still going through the tunnels, Boudica has an interesting encounter with radroaches, feral ghouls, and a super-mutant.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 19 2011, 04:10 AM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

I agree, there should have been something other than the Bobblehead. There is one building in the game that has a game developer's office in it - I think it is at the very south end of the map - I (or my character, I should say) played the game, lol.

Somehow I missed these vids posting! The one with the Super Mutant killing off the ghouls for Boudica, that was a surprise! I love the ones where she sets the robots out - (edited, diff one - sorry). Great Vids!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 19 2011, 04:18 PM
Post #47

Master
Group Icon

I always used that gas main to start a fire. You should have unlocked the safe, there is a laser pistol and ammo in it.

I've never seen a supermutant killing ghouls before.

rollinglaugh.gif "I WIN AGAIN!!" *head explodes*

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 19 2011, 10:37 PM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

mALX: You are probably thinking of Hubris Comics, that has the text-based adventure game in it. I played that too! It brought back memories of the old days of computer gaming.

I was really amazed by that three-way fight going on in the second video. There was a radroach behind me, that the last feral ran past me to kill, before running back to go after the super mutant. There was another roach in the big room that the super mutie killed too.

King Coin: I know about the laser pistol. I got that afterward. I had a laser rifle already in my inventory, so I just got it over with and used that instead. You picked out my favorite part: "I win, again!" Bam! That was just too perfect.

Boudica fights her way to GNR Plaza, and meets up with the Lyon's Pride.

Facing off with a Super Mutant Behemoth

After talking with Treydog in GNR, Boudica takes to the metro tunnels again as she heads south. Here she has more fun with robots.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 20 2011, 12:15 AM
Post #49

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 19 2011, 04:37 PM) *

King Coin: I know about the laser pistol. I got that afterward. I had a laser rifle already in my inventory, so I just got it over with and used that instead.

I wasn't sure since you had a grenade out first. I was thinking "No! just use a laser!"

After talking with Treydog in GNR, Boudica takes to the metro tunnels again as she heads south. Here she has more fun with robots.

Does Treydog know he's a DJ in the capital wasteland? laugh.gif

They must have cut some of the audio out of the Xbox version of the game because I never heard some of those lines.

I really liked the robot demanding tickets from the supermutants. That was so funny! I'm glad you included that.

I only use the Fat Man in that one part of the game. The rest of the Behemoths I kill with mines and other more standard weapons. I did kill the one in the railroad yard (the one you take the teddy bear to spawn) with the alien blaster. 7 shots it took.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 20 2011, 05:19 AM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ May 19 2011, 07:15 PM) *

King Coin: I know about the laser pistol. I got that afterward. I had a laser rifle already in my inventory, so I just got it over with and used that instead.

I wasn't sure since you had a grenade out first. I was thinking "No! just use a laser!"

Does Treydog know he's a DJ in the capital wasteland? laugh.gif

They must have cut some of the audio out of the Xbox version of the game because I never heard some of those lines.

I really liked the robot demanding tickets from the supermutants. That was so funny! I'm glad you included that.

I only use the Fat Man in that one part of the game. The rest of the Behemoths I kill with mines and other more standard weapons. I did kill the one in the railroad yard (the one you take the teddy bear to spawn) with the alien blaster. 7 shots it took.

That one scared the crap out of me!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 20 2011, 05:28 AM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

These three vids were great! Like King Coin, I was rolling when the robot was asking the super mutants for tickets - and when the bomb went off and a leg came flying in the room with Boudica! ROFL !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 20 2011, 05:32 AM
Post #52

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 19 2011, 11:19 PM) *

That one scared the crap out of me!

The first time I did it I was pumped and ready for him. I grabbed the bear and whirled around... to nothing. I walked around and he was off in the distance killing raiders.

The second time (with the alien blaster) I just grabbed it and assumed he'd be off in the distance again. Nope
He spawned right behind me. I remember because I was talking to a friend on XBL and our conversation was interrupted by me yelling obscenities. Good thing I had the blaster.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 20 2011, 06:13 AM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

ROFL !!!

I was collecting teddy bears, had an enormous pile of them on my bed in the Megaton house - grabbed that bear and next thing I know he was THERE! I was so scared I nearly wet my pants! I squeezed back into that trailer and just kept shooting - I think it took forever before he died, I ran out of bullets in two guns - had just got through tangling with the one at that car factory place, so totally wasn't expecting another so soon!

The first one I ever saw was at the place where you get the "Terrible" shotgun. I dropped down from the mountain behind the building onto the roof of the building, then to the ground - and raced into the building. I was out of everything, so figured I'd see if I could get loot inside that building. Didn't know the bartender would be friendly, and blasted a missile into the bar (picked that missile launcher up in the upper building). When I saw the stats on that "Terrible" I was tickled pink that I went in there. I came out of that place wanting to try it out and saw that Behemoth ... HOLY CRAP! What the H is that thing!!!! It was loose, running between the trains. Scared me to death!

This post has been edited by mALX: May 20 2011, 06:15 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 24 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

King Coin: I love turning protrectrons loose the tunnels. It is so hilarious what they get up to. You can also give them tickets too. If you have one in your inventory and click on a protrectron, he will take it from you.

My first time finding that Behemoth with the teddy in the shopping card I ran nearly all the way to Evergreen Mills. I ran into one of the caravan traders there, and him, his bodyguard, and I finished the Behemoth off together.

mALX: I always collect the teddy bears and toss them on my bed. Sometimes I throw the pre war cash on the desk in the same room.

I love turning the behemoth loose in Evergreen Mills. If you skirt around the cliffs, you can get a shot at the generator that runs the power for his cage. One shot will blow it up, and let it out of its cage. Tons of fun to watch it toss the raiders around!

Next, something different. I fired up Oblivion again for a while today to tweak some of my OSR settings. While I was at it I decided to take some vids of Teresa clearing out Miscaracand. It was a big place, so will take a while to get all of the videos edited and up.

Teresa of the Faint Smile 01 - Miscarcand, Part 1

The lion you see is Teresa's, it is from my Witchcraft mod. Likewise the spell she uses at the end to recharge her bow is from a Recharge mod, that I further modded to reduce how much it recharged and make it easier to buy. Teresa's bow is a combination of the Bow of the Mongolian Horseman mod, which I modded to put the Elven Bow texture on it. Her armor is the miran-talurn armor from shdw armor pack 2. I use Poison FX to add a shader for the poison effect. Finally, her goggles are from Dwemer Spectacles. I created a script to go with them that grants night eye while they are worn.

I am a little rusty, since I have not played Oblivion in a while. Because of that I forgot about recharging Teresa's bow. I went into that last big fight against all the zombies with it out of charges. That is why her poison was not working. Her bow has a 100% Weakness to Poison to bust the immunity of undead.

Oh, I am also using a mod I created that makes all the Ayleid Ruins accessible, regardless of quests. That is why Teresa can get into Miscarcand, as she is not doing the main quest, and never will.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 24 2011, 11:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 25 2011, 12:44 AM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

I'll bet you are right that it was the Hubris Comics - it was text-based adventure - it was fun though, and a nice surprise!

Miscarand! I was just talking to King Coin about this ruin the other day. If you grab the giant welkynd stone without killing the Lich King - and run out of Miscarand, it stalks you everywhere you go till it is killed or your character is, lol. It is hard to kill, and a ball to have chasing you !!

Not sure, but I don't think Miscarand is ever locked. I have gone in there without any quests active and gotten in, grabbed the giant welkynd stone and just held onto it till the quest required it. When Martin releases you from talking you can just tap him on the shoulder and start up conversation again and he will recognize the stone is in your inventory.

I enjoyed most of the quests in the main questline - most, not all. What I didn't like is that there is no way to do it without your character becoming uberish or heroic just by the nature of the quests. Still, it was fun to follow through, especially on my first time playing.

What knocked me out about this vid was the absolute toughness of these zombies! They just kept getting up over and over again, filled with arrows! I was screaming my head off watching, especially when they trapped her at the door and then that skeleton followed her back out! GAAAAH! Awesome Vid !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 25 2011, 05:05 PM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

That was pretty exciting! Those hotkeyed poisons worked so well!
That summoned mountain lion is awesome! I usually dread hearing their roar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 25 2011, 09:36 PM
Post #57

Ancient
Group Icon

mALX: You are right, Miscarcand is one of those you can get into even though its quest-related.

Those were Dread Zombies, so the top of the food chain. Teresa is level 20, so she sees some tough critters. It would have gone a lot better if her bow had not been out of charges, then her enchantment would have worked, and her poisons.

King Coin: It took me a year and a half to figure out that you can hotkey potions. It sure comes in handy. If you like the lion, just wait until Teresa can summon a grizzly bear. Or a spirggan. Those are the most powerful creatures summonable in Witchcraft.

Miscarcand, Part 2

Miscarcand, Part 3

I am sorry for the ultra-brightness in the menus, but if I had not increased the brightness, it would have been too hard to see outside the menus. Either Windows Live Movie Maker or You Tube darkens everything. In the future, I will make sure that Teresa wears her night eye goggles whenever underground.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 26 2011, 12:25 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post May 25 2011, 11:05 PM
Post #58

Mouth
Group Icon

My hotkeys tend to be this:

1: Primary weapon

2: Poison

3: Secondary weapon

4: My best healing spell

5-8: Various spells that suit my needs at the time

I am contemplating picking up Enhanced Hotkeys again to give me even more hotkeys, but for now, I'm doing fine with the standard 8.

Also, a new addition to my own load order has been Less Annoying Magic Experience, which aims to rebalance Oblivion's magic to make it less irritating to use and correct several shortcomings in the ways certain vanilla spells worked. Here's a few noteworthy tidbits:

- Duration of many buffs and debuffs have been significantly improved (x4). No more casting three buffs in a row and the first one is already disappearing! Very powerful buffs / debuffs like Invisibility and Paralyze aren't affected.
Example: the Apprentice rank premade Soul Trap spell has had its duration increased to 80 seconds from 20 seconds so that you no longer have to fret about the spell effect dying while in the middle of a big battle when you have other things on your mind, like staying alive.
- Summons can be killed with Dispel effect.

It is very useful, and has already allowed for a notable increase in my spellcasting. Also, most of the more "out there" features I know you don't like are optional, so I would recommend taking a look at this one.

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 26 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #59

Master
Group Icon

I meant to say this on the last video: Good voice set choice goodjob.gif

I love seeing those skeletons fly apart when you shoot them laugh.gif It does make a follow up shot more difficult though.

You must not care for septims much, because you left quite a few valuables behind. Two things that come to mind right away are some potions and every lockpick in the dungeon. Those are literally more valuable than septims!

I'm going to look into that recharge spell. That's really cool!

I like the armor/outfit as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 26 2011, 12:26 AM
Post #60

Paladin
Group Icon

What fun to watch Teresa clear this big ruin! smile.gif The voice of Imoen suits her well. Love the mountain lion; for the way Teresa fights, the fact that the lion is generally below her line of fire is ideal!

I noticed Teresa generally held her nocked arrow once she decided not to shoot. Once I saw her shoot it into the ground. You know that you can denock an arrow and not loose poison or a charge, right? I use the vanilla 'dodge' maneuver (Acro of 50+) to denock arrows and am so very used to it that I don't bother with any of the several mods that can also do the job.

This post has been edited by Acadian: May 26 2011, 12:26 AM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

142 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:57 PM