Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2006-05-25 - Thieves Den mod review
stargelman
post May 25 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #1

Senor Snore
Group Icon

Just a few short days ago, Bethesda released a new pay4play mod called Thieves Den. It was already announced on E3 by Ashley Cheng, who compared it to the movie The Goonies. I was eager to find out if this comparisson was apt, and thus sampled this mod and wrote a review. Enjoy.

Stargel's review of the Thieves Den mod

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
raziel23x
post May 25 2006, 02:03 PM
Post #2

Retainer

When i heard about thsi mod coming out and be like the goonies i coudl not wait and i kept on checking for it to come out like 6 times a day and the day that it came out i like check the site every hour since it was my day off and teh second it was added i bought the plugin thinking that i was goign to be impressed but now it was a waste of time and money buying the mod it only took me five mins to complete it and buy everything and the shop keepers for this mod sucks i pay 1000 gp per new thing and the idiots well bearly have any bartering gold so basicly i will have to go else wear to get a better price on certain things that sell very well and it seems that ther merc skills above 75 does nto affect them to raise it for some odd reason as well so buy train that skills up does nothing for them.

but over all it was a waste of 2 bucks being i had to pay 6% sells tax because i live in Mi
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post May 25 2006, 03:13 PM
Post #3

Evoker

Ah you made a mistake, you get a key for that door in the first screenshot, its in the chest at the foot of the bed when you upgrade the cabin.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Come join the discussion! -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 25 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Stargelman's opinion)
Naturally, after this comparisson, my expectations skyrocketed. There was talk of pirates, and I was kind of expecting Yarrrs and Arrr Mateys. I could hear the Buccaneer's Den tune from Ultima 9 in my mind. I was excited!

Two words:
Told Ya ! ! ! tongue.gif

If you remember, in previus thread about this I said that it won't be anything spectacular. Actualy, I was sure it will be the same quality as previus three mods. I didn't buy it, nor di I intend to buy it. Just viewing a topic on the official forum gave me quite a laugh. People pissed about this not being what it was promised to be. Just like the Oblivion itself tongue.gif

Whoever likes good housing mods, just look a little bit in the official forum mod section.
Some guy even made a contolable pirate ship wink.gif

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
French Cheese
post May 30 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #5

Associate

My guy is not a thief nor intends 2 be one. But the words pirate Ship got me exited. Now I think i just wasted 2 whole bucks on just a house and a Quest that took about 15 minutes. I was tinking Loot, pirate swords, plundering, and more loot. oh n traps too. It's Ok, but nothing like wat they said verysad.gif

--------------------
You must obey the cheese!!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
+Quote Post
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
post Jun 1 2006, 04:09 PM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(French Cheese @ May 30 2006, 09:27 AM)
My guy is not a thief nor intends 2 be one. But the words pirate Ship got me exited. Now I think i just wasted 2 whole bucks on just a house and a Quest that took about 15 minutes. I was tinking Loot, pirate swords, plundering, and more loot. oh n  traps too. It's Ok, but nothing like wat they said verysad.gif

Perhaps it is not what they said but how you intepret what they say?

Like the Pirate ship thing triggering the expectation of plundering and whatnot, when it is just a hidey-hole?

This is probably what many people go though, but t is just theoretical.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jun 4 2006, 03:36 AM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

Okay, so basically sounds like this mod adds a thief's house. Could be useful. There don't seem to be that many architecture mods yet made for Oblivion yet from what I can tell in my scanning for them.

I may consider DL'ing it ... or is this another of the pay-for mods? I am not into that at all. Sorry I didn't read the whole review so I don't know about the price vrs. free status.

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Alexander
post Jun 4 2006, 06:52 AM
Post #8

Wizard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ibis @ Jun 4 2006, 04:36 AM)
Okay, so basically sounds like this mod adds a thief's house. Could be useful. There don't seem to be that many architecture mods yet made for Oblivion yet from what I can tell in my scanning for them.

I may consider DL'ing it ... or is this another of the pay-for mods? I am not into that at all. Sorry I didn't read the whole review so I don't know about the price vrs. free status.

it is indeed one of the pay for mods yes smile.gif

--------------------
All that is needed for evil to triumph, is that good men stand idle.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:17 PM