Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Elder Scrolls Characters: Show yours off here!, The story, the weapons, the personalities, the lifestyle!
Grits
post Feb 20 2016, 09:28 PM
Post #161

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, Bjorn looks awesome! I wish I could see the look on Maul’s face when a real baddass strolls into Riften! ohmy.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Feb 21 2016, 01:15 AM
Post #162

Knower
Group Icon

Name: Maelissa 'Lissa' Oleta Cristenn

Race: Redguard but quarter Breton.

Sign: Theif

Home Country: Cyrodiil

Faction and Rank or Guilds(if none, tell us what they do for a living): Associated with Fighters, Mages and her own P.I guild the Girls Of Cyrodiil.

Faction Description: The G.O.C is a guild she made with her friends which involves doing quests around the world that most guilds find top mediocre to handle. Mostly deal with finding missing people, recovering stolen goods etc.

Class: Palatriss

Class Description: Skilled with and uses archery, warhammers and highly skilled in restoration.

Skills and talents: As above. She has some basic conjuration skill.

Physical Appearance: 5'10, light skinned, piercing green eyes, long dyed orange hair.

Clothing: She dresses for comfort mostly, but also style. Looking good is important to her, which can sometimes be a downside as it doesn't leave her very protected.

Mental Profile/Personality: She speaks like no other. Her style of using the language isn't suited to her time, but is suited to her.

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 22 2016, 06:17 PM
Post #163

Councilor
Group Icon

Name: Kothet

Race: Kynaz - or Dremora, as the lesser races call them.

Age: The Daedra are ageless. They may die, but are restored, so their lives are unending.

Sign: When one was never born, this is meaningless.

He was the commander of the assault team at Ganonah, the place you call Kvatch, and was responsible for seizing of control of the city for Mehrunes Dagon. He was rewarded with a woman of his own, and the rank of Valkynaz.

But Kvatch was retaken, and although he was not involved in its defence, Dagon associated him with the location, and blamed him for not being there. He was given lesser assignments, beneath his station, and began to resent the treatment. Apparently he was taking his frustrations out on his woman, because she eventually reacted by killing him, while he was on guard duty at the Gate outside Bravil.

She escaped to Tamriel, and was granted a name by the people there, in recognition of her assistance in closing the Gate. Kothet has forgiven Prizna for killing him, as it was exactly what he would have done in her place, and he's followed her example by settling in Tamriel. Actually, he had little option, as Dagon did not recall those of his troops who were stranded when the Gates were finally closed by Martin Septim.

He remains an outsider, not having Prizna's talents, and has lived mainly as a hunter and mercenary. He prefers to live in border areas, where he can easily cross into another province if he needs to do so.

He has the reckless overconfidence of all the Kyn, who cannot be permanently killed, and prefers a war hammer over other weapons. However, his experience as a hunter has improved his archery, as game tends to flee, rather than take a stand and fight. He can also use some minor shock and flame spells, which he uses mostly to goad his opponents into melee battle.

Lately, his life has taken a strange twist, as he's found some connection to the Dragons that are appearing in Skyrim. They've used the term "Dragonborn" to refer to him, although that clearly makes no sense for one of the Kyn, who were never born at all. He rationalises it as meaning that he is like a dragon, but not a dragon. The term was coined by those who are born, and as Dragons are immortal in the same way he is, he understands why they'd make the distinction that way.

His fellow Kyn have observed this from Dagon's realm, and have granted him the ability to summon one of their number to fight at his side. When Kothet wants company, it's not exactly fighting he has in mind, but the woman does contribute skills he doesn't have, and he's warming to the idea of fighting as a team.

He's finally brought his Smithing skill to the level where he can make proper Daedric armour and weapons, perhaps even better than the mass-produced stuff he was used to using in Dagon's service. His summoned mage doesn't use any, and if anything, she's been wearing less as her magical skills have progressed.

Although he generally avoided human cities in the past, this new dragon business has already taken him into Whiterun, where he appeared to be well-enough received. The Jarl there provided him a woman, also, but so far he hasn't taken up the offer. Lydia doesn't even have her horns yet, so what use would she be? His Dremora housecarl is all that he'll need.

----------

This was intended to just be a test character, but he's taken over, and demanded a proper play-through. I've agreed only with the stipulation that the other two I've been using to test the Archer and Fighter summons get the same treatment.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 22 2016, 06:22 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 22 2016, 10:17 PM
Post #164

Councilor
Group Icon

Rihanae, it’s great to learn about Lissa in Skyrim! smile.gif

ghastley, Kothet the Dremora Dovahkiin sounds like he was destined to seize control of his ‘test’ game. I love how his origin is tied in with Prizna and the events of the Oblivion Crisis. Lydia doesn't even have her horns yet laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 23 2016, 03:27 AM
Post #165

Councilor
Group Icon

ghast ley Test character becoming a full RP with extensive backstory? Yeah I know the feeling.

Lissa: Ahh, who needs armor when you can work it, baby! smile.gif Kidding.

This post has been edited by Renee: Feb 23 2016, 03:29 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 7 2016, 09:45 PM
Post #166

Master
Group Icon

Nickname: The Rat

Appearance: Prisoner of Castle Dour

Race: Breton

Home: on the run

Spouse: none, and he never had any

Home Country: High Rock

Faction and Rank or Guilds(if none, tell us what they do for a living): anything that revolves around crime

Class: Assassin

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Dragonborn? No

Skills and talents: Destruction, Light Armor, Lockpicking, One-handed, Restoration, Sneak

Eyes: bloodshot blue

Build: scrawny

Weapons of preference: swords and axes

Clothing: shabby clothes but he often wears outfits as means to disguise

Miscellaneous: The Rat is a lowlife from High Rock who fled from Farrun after being chased because of raping and killing a daughter of some noble. He boarded one of the merchant ships that sailed to Solitude where he was discovered by the coast guard. Though they didn't have a clue about his past deeds, they threw him to jail because of illegal immigration.

The Rat was raised on the street and he learned some magic from a priest of Arkay which occasionally took care of orphaned children. He saw a potential for magic in young Breton but unfortunately that didn't stop the young murderer to kill him, when the priest caught him stealing from his charity box.

Because of his criminal life, the Rat is skilled at picking locks and sneaking and prefers swords or axes as primary weapons.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 7 2016, 11:20 PM
Post #167

Paladin
Group Icon

Welcome to Ratty! He will no doubt want to make his home in the Ratway and surround himself with a gang of thieving skeevers. Okay, seriously, he looks good and very much fits your description. goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 8 2016, 01:21 PM
Post #168

Councilor
Group Icon

Lopov, The Rat looks exactly like you describe him! Yikes. blink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 15 2016, 04:48 PM
Post #169

Master
Group Icon

The more I game with the Rat, the more I realize that his class can't be just assassin. Sometimes he relies on sneak attack but he's quite adept in destruction and has been lately reanimating some corpses which makes him partially a conjurer. Underneath his robes he wears some pieces of heavy armor and uses a sturdy Falmer axe in combat, which altogether makes him closer to a battlemage, I guess.

Which is interesting because when I launched him, I didn't intend him to be a magical user but just an ordinary cutthroat. Now I'm actually pleased that he seems to "take his own direction".

This post has been edited by Lopov: Mar 15 2016, 04:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 15 2016, 11:45 PM
Post #170

Councilor
Group Icon

I am pleased to see him taking his own direction too. Sounds like he's surprising you, for sure. I mean, some of your others surprised you in the past too, Falador was an example because I think I remember you saying you weren't sure what he would do. Which turned out to be Dark Brotherhood.

Bjorn is firmly the guy I created--a Rogue. He's doing Thieves Guild, but he's a terrible thief! Even if some house he's in is dead-asleep, he always manages to get caught somehow. He is much more of a common tough guy for now. laugh.gif This will change over time of course, especially as perks get added. I hope

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 29 2016, 01:55 PM
Post #171

Councilor
Group Icon

Prompted by a coincidence of name elsewhere, I remembered my story of Nelrene, the captain of the guard in Syl's palace, who moved to Gweden after the plot to kill Syl was blown apart by the CoC.

Name: Nelrene

Race: Mazken - a.k.a. Dark Seducer

Age: Indeterminate, interminable, and it doesn't get any better than this.

Hair: Purple.

Class: Seducer Guard, but she's not sure that's all she is now.

Alignment: Somewhere between Lawful and Chaotic. She's a trained guard, but a Shivering Isle one. They're supposed to be both the temptation to transgress the law, and the enforcement. She's definitely good. You should try her some time. biggrin.gif

Weapons: Mainly Mace, but uses a bow for distance. Also bashes with her shield.

When Syl lied to her, and convinced her she'd become mortal, Nelrene got a traumatic introduction to how the other half lives - in fear of dying permanently. She was persuaded to flee to Tamriel, where the CoC was able to convince her that he was now the Madgod (if only temporarily) and with the help of Haskill, assured her that she was still an immortal Daedra. She settled at Gweden Farm, and started to enjoy herself.

The various wars in the succeeding two centuries have disrupted things somewhat, but she's remained in Tamriel, rather than move back to the Shivering Isles. She did go back to ask Sheogorath what part she should take in the unrest, but couldn't find him, as he was on vacation. A rumour has led her to look for him in Skyrim.

She's not sure what the Madgod will be like when she finds him. She's expecting a mixture of the CoC (her boss at Gweden, and a real nice guy) and the original insane Sheo. The time the CoC spent as Regent of the Shivering Isles while Sheogorath was being Jyggalag has changed a lot of things, as the realm altered to suit its new ruler. The returning Sheogorath would have absorbed that change, and partly become the CoC, which can only have been an improvement. So she's hopeful, but realistic. One mortal won't make that much change to a Daedric Prince, no matter how exceptional he was.

When she found him in the mind of Pelagius, he didn't know her, but she wasn't really surprised. She didn't get a chance to ask for advice, as the more pressing quest was to return Sheogorath to his own realm, and he disappeared back there before she could change the subject. Maddening, isn't he?

All she has to show for that is the Wabbajack. She's just keeping it as a souvenir, with no intent to use it in Tamriel.

So now she's in Skyrim, she might as well explore a bit. The climate doesn't really suit her normal outfit, but parts of the land are warm enough for her.

She particularly likes hunting draugr. She considers their glowing blue eyes to be a mockery of her own, and really hates them for it. And there are dragons here, which she finds quite exciting. The regular wildlife is just as annoyingly homicidal as it was in the Shivering Isles, however, especially when a bear can smell the sweetroll in her backpack.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Mar 29 2016, 02:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 11 2016, 05:08 PM
Post #172

Councilor
Group Icon

Name: Freija

Race: Nord

Age: About 220, but was made immortal at around 20 by Beothiah

Weapons and Armour: "Bound" Greatsword with very revealing steel plate. She summons the whole ensemble when needed. Usually she'll be dressed in a plain grey robe, looking harmless.

Skills: Two-handed is her main one. Although her weapon and armour are conjured, they cost no magicka, and so don't advance the conjuration skill. She's good at restoration, as her armour is a bit skimpy, and even with its magical reinforcement, doesn't stop everything. Since she summons it, she doesn't smith at all. She has some skill in archery, as even a greatsword has limited reach.

---

In her youth, around the age when everyone thinks they're immortal, she actually was made immortal. She entered Boethiah's Tournament of the Ten Bloods, and won. Her reward was immortality, and the Daedric Prince suggested she go and use her new advantage to become Champion of the Arena in the Imperial City.

She rapidly discovered that although she couldn't die, she could still get hurt. Fighting skilled opponents in the Arena, doubly so. So Boethiah's boon was more like a curse. The match against the CoC for his title ended in a draw, as neither could kill the other. She fought topless, hoping to distract him, but it didn't work. It did give him an idea for her future career.

She decided to stop being a fighter, and learn to be a healer instead. However, nobody told the bandits and highwaymen, so she still found the need to defend herself. She travelled around Cyrodiil, learning spells for healing and curing poison and disease, and at Chorrol she learned to summon an outfit of sword and armour when she needed it. The distraction idea may not have worked on the CoC, but it is effective on lesser opponents.

She came to Skyrim because she's a Nord, and belongs there, even after living in Cyrodiil for so long. This was partly because of the rumours of dragons re-appearing, arousing her long-dormant sense of adventure. Ignoring the suggestion of her fellow escapee from Helgen to go to Riverwood, she headed straight for the capital of Solitude, as this was more than a hold-sized problem.

There she found that there was no High King, and his widow was far from secure in her position as Jarl, being under pressure from both the Imperial General, stationed in Castle Dour, and the Thalmor, in their nearby Embassy. She helped out as much as she could, and was rewarded with the privilege of buying property in the city. Once she scraped up enough gold, she bought Proudspire, and was made Thane of Haafingar.

She leaves Jordis guarding her home, as the housecarl insists on going everywhere in full armour. She travels as an innocuous pilgrim, in her grey robe and monk boots, and only switches gear when provoked.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Apr 11 2016, 05:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 17 2016, 02:20 PM
Post #173

Councilor
Group Icon

In her youth, around the age when everyone thinks they're immortal, she actually was made immortal

This is awesome! I like this a lot. My Mycharonna also had the ability to switch her gear on-the-spot, that's a pretty fun tactic for those whose game it fits.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 17 2016, 02:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 5 2016, 04:59 AM
Post #174

Ancient
Group Icon

Since I finished up with Persephone's background today, I decided to reanimate this topic.

Name: Persephone

Race: Deadwalker (Imperial)

Age: 4,035 as of Oblivion, 4,236 as of Skyrim (died at 29)

Sign: The Avenger (modded sign that does Reflect Damage) / The Wilder (modded Standing Stone that makes animals friendly)

Home Country: Cyrodiil

Faction and Rank or Guilds(if none, tell us what they do for a living): Necomancer Hunter and Abolitionist

Skills and talents: Two-Handed, Light Armor, Conjuration, Absorb Health, Ward, Summon various Undead.

As an undead, Persephone is immune to poisons, disease, and cold. She does not need to breathe, so cannot drown. Nor does she need to eat. Her only sustenance comes from the magicka that comes down from the stars. This is gathered in her varla stone heart, and distributed throughout her body via varla crystal tendrils that have replaced her blood vessels. She is extraordinarily strong, far more than a human is normally capable of being. She regenerates from any wound, including dismemberment. However, she still feels pain, although she has long since steeled herself to endure it. She cannot use altars of the Divines, as doing so actually burns her. Simply hearing the names of the gods is painful to her, especially Arkay and Mara's.

She is a capable magician, but only in a handful of fields. She has a powerful Absorb Health, and create a moderately strong Ward. She is an expert in necromancy, is able to summon the dead or reanimate them, although she refuses to do the latter. She can also heal the undead, and banish them.

Physical Appearance: Persephone is an undead Imperial woman, who appears to be 29 (the age at which she died). Her skin is pale and white as a corpse's (and she indeed has no blood in her body), and her eyes glow silver-white, like starlight. Her hair is coarsely textured, and is also milky white in color. She wears it down to her shoulders, with a pair of long wispy bangs framing either side of her face, and a single braid running down the left side of her face. Her lips are a soft purple shade, barely darker than the rest of her skin, and her eyelids are likewise shadowed darker. Two long, jagged scars cut across the top of her left cheek. The first begins under her left iris and runs diagonally down behind her hair to the bottom of her ear. The second runs a parallel path, starting at the bridge of her nose and slicing down to the back of her jaw. The final scar is smaller, and cuts from the edge of her lower lip to the middle of her jaw. A Picture

Eyes: Glowing Silver

Theme Music:
John Williams-Born On the Fourth Of July Soundtrack-Prologue
Blue Oyster Cult-The Siege And Investure Of Baron Von Frankenstein's Castle At Wisseria
Blue Oyster Cult-In The Presence Of Another World
Seether & Amy Lee - Broken
CCR-Bad Moon Rising
Matthew Good-Weapon
Edie Brickell-A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall
Black Sabbath-Falling Off The Edge Of The World
Enya-Evening Falls
Diana Ross-Reflections
John Mellencamp-Human Wheels
Green Day-Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
Linkin Park-Somewhere I Belong
Sarah McLachlan-Out Of The Shadows
Live-Overcome
Queen-The Show Must Go On
Santana & Everlast-Put Your Lights On
Led Zeppelin-In The Light
Pink Floyd-On The Turning Away
Enya-Anywhere Is
Rush - Time Stand Still

Mental Profile/Personality: Persephone is an outsider in many ways. Being undead for over 4,000 years, she can only guess at what being human feels like anymore. She looks at the living and wonders what it must be like to feel tired, or hungry, or warm. To enjoy the taste of food, or the heady feeling of being drunk. She simply feels the cold emptiness of the grave. She does know what pain feels like however, and sometimes she cuts herself on the arms or legs. It reminds her that she really exists, and is not dreaming everything. For in a dream, one does not truly feel pain.

Persephone knows that she is a monster. A corruption of the natural cycle of life, death, and rebirth. She is reminded of it every time she watches a child grow to adulthood, then old age, and finally be buried. It all happens in practically the blink of an eye to her. Whenever she goes to a settlement the first place she visits is the cemetery, to see who she knows there. Because every friend she makes is destined for that place, while she walks on. Everyone she loves is dead, and always will be.

To her the living are like dust, just waiting to blow away in the wind. How much value can she place on dust? How can she invest herself in it? Yet because they are mortal, these people experience the world in a way that Persephone can only dimly glimpse. They can see the beauty in a sunrise, feel the warmth of love, be stirred by inspiration. Their fires burn so much brighter than the cold embers of Persephone's soul, and she knows it. She envies them for it. She wants to feel that way again, but cannot remember how. So she goes through the motions of being alive. Trying to do the right thing. Adopting and raising children. Going to school, etc...

Persephone still remembers how to hate though. That was burned into her from an early age. While she no longer aches to slay elves as she did in the First Age, she has found another enemy. One that wears the body of all races. Necromancers, who would enslave her and all those like her, just as the Ayleids once did. She fights them wherever she can find them, with the cold relentlessness that only the dead possess. Her hatred gives purpose to her existence, and even though there is a darkness deep in her soul, she rests assured that it is there to help her fight an even greater horror.

Biography/Life History: She was born in the Ayleid city of Lipsand Tarn in 1E 214 with the name of Kore (which simply means "young girl"). She never knew who her parents were. She was bought by Queen Tenyeminwe when she was just a few years old. She grew up in the palace of Lipsand Tarn, and was one of many slaves there. She worked for the Master of Flowers, and her duties including picking wildflowers on the slopes of the nearby mountains, as well as working the greenhouses, arranging flowers in vases, going around the palace to water and replace wilted flowers, etc...

When she was fifteen a visiting prince from Moranda named Ceyran took a liking to her and insisted that she entertain him in his quarters. When she proved to be a poor lover, he decided to entertain himself by torturing her. Ceyran choked her nearly to death, broke her fingers, and finally smashed her face into a glass mirror, shattering it and heavily scarring the left half of her face. At that point there had been so much noise that the Queen burst in herself and put a stop to it. Kore was taken to the healers, who managed to erase most of her scars. But two long, jagged rents still remained on her upper left cheek, and a smaller one beneath her lip.

Afterward Kore was removed from the palace, as she was no longer pleasant for the Queen to look upon. She was put to work with the blacksmith, who was a human. He was not an armorer, but rather worked solely upon things like horseshoes, light sconces, iron fences, and other non-military metal work. As his apprentice, Kore learned the basics of metalwork, and grew strong.

She was seventeen (1E 231) when the Alessian Revolution began. She joined the fight, and became a warrior, using a sword and shield. Like many in Alessia's army, she was professionally trained by Enelye of Hrotanda Vale, and knew Pelinal Whitestrake and Morihaus the Bull by sight, though not personally. When the city of Moranda fell to the Alessian army Kore immediately went to its palace and found Prince Ceyran, and strangled him with her bare hands. Afterward she was promoted to huscarl, the elite infantry in the army.

Like all the huscarls, she received special training from Enelye personally that allowed Kore to soul-bind her sword to her. She did this using a Nordic Greatwsord named Blessing that was given to her by Alessia after she was promoted to huscarl. At this time she met Ulfar, another huscarl. He was a young Nord Tongue who ran away from Skyrim to join Alessia's army. Ulfar only knew the Fus Ro shout, and was a warrior, also using a Nordic greatsword. Ulfar did not like Kore at first, thinking her a cold-hearted bitch. But he appreciated her ferocity in battle, and her hatred of elves.

The two of them were serving as scouts when the army was campaigning in western Colovia, near the city of Niryastare. They were separated from the army during a blizzard in the mountains, which forced them to seek shelter in a cave. Within they found a system of tunnels, which they naturally explored. Within they found a cabal of vampires, and the two had to fight to escape the caves. During the fighting Ulfar was stabbed in the groin with a spear, losing his genitals. Kore carried him out, and stitched his wound with an ordinary needle and thread. Then the two had to face the freezing cold of the blizzard outside. Though wounded, Ulfar's Nordic resistance to cold protected him from the worst. But Kore nearly froze to death, and only survived because Ulfar gave her all of his clothing, and kept her warm with body heat. They bonded during the experience, and became close friends afterward.

Kore fought with Alessia's army for the 11 years it took her to unite the Colovian highlands behind their banner. The next year was 243, and with King Vrage of Skryim and his army joining them, they marched upon the Ayleid capital of Aduial (Eventide, or Herald of The Stars), which would later be renamed Cyrodiil City, and finally The Imperial City. Before the great battle began outside its walls she witnessed Pelinal Whitestrake fight Umaril the Unfeathered in single combat, and both of them die. In the mass combat that followed both she and Ulfar were killed by the Aurorans in Umaril's bodyguard. Persephone died from a sword stab directly the heart, killing her instantly.

But it did not end there for either of them. Persephone's heart wound made her the perfect subject for Haides, a young Breton mage who had studied captured Ayleid magic during the war. Haides was a necromancer, but would never allow anyone to call him such. Instead his goal was to find a way to conquer death, in a way that would be accesssible to large groups of people. As opposed to the 'standard' necromantic route of Lichdom, which was only possible for a lone magician of great power to do to themself. He made his dream come true after the battle in White Gold Tower. He replaced Kore's heart with one made of varla crystal, which he had treated through a special alchemical process. He implanted wires of the same crystal throughout her entire body, all linking back to the heart. Then he energized it with magicka (which he did not realize had been refined by White Gold Tower itself) and brought Kore back to life.

She was a new kind of undead, forever powered not by Haides' magic, or her own arcane arts. Instead she was fueled by the very magicka that trickled down to Nirn from Aetherius within starlight. This magicka enhanced her physical abilities, and gave her the ability to regenerate from any wound. As any undead, she was resistant to cold, and completely immune to poisons, disease, and drowning. Likewise, she did not need to eat or drink (she was still capable to doing so, but was unable to digest anything, so would have to throw it all up at some point to empty her stomach).

Her appearance had forever changed as well. Her olive skin had turned pale and white as a corpse (all of her blood had indeed been drained by Haides). Her hair had turned white as well, and her eyes now glowed silver, with the light of the stars. When she saw her reflection in a mirror, she realized what had been done to her. Haides asked what her name was, she replied Persephone ("To Bring Death"). She then tried to strangle him, but could not.

For Haides was crafty. He did not place all of Persephone's heart within her chest. Instead he kept a tiny part of it as the central stone of a ring he wore. Even though physically disconnected, it still functioned fully as part of her body. This allowed him to control her physically whenever he wished.

The next day Haides presented his prize to Alessia herself. He promised that he could make an army of invulnerable soldiers like Persephone, if only Alessia would fund his research, give him assistants, more space, etc... But Alessia would never accept necromancy, no matter how pretty a package it was in. So she told Haides she'd think about it, and then ordered his arrest. Then Haides and Persephone were forced to flee Cyrodiil to Skyrim, and he continued his work in secret. But he never succeeded in making another like Persephone. All of his tests failed. Only as he neared his own death did he come to realize that White Gold Tower itself had played a key role in her creation.

A love hate relationship existed between Persephone and Haides. She refused to ever speak to him. But she would talk to other people - like Alessia. It infuriated him, and was her only means of expressing her will. But otherwise she was under his power. He used her as a bodyguard, and as a lover, though she did not do more than lay and accept his advances.

Unbeknownst to Haides, Persephone learned the art of Necromancy while serving him. Among other things, she learned to summon the spirit of Ulfar, and several of the other huscarls whom she had known. Unlike regular necromancers however, she never attempted to dominate or control Ulfar. She always summons him without exerting her will over his, and he always helps her, because he is her friend, eternally.

Haides met his end in Fellglow Keep. He had joined a group of necromancers there, but fell out with them during the group's internal political infighting. The final showdown included many fireball explosions, further inflamed by alchemical ingredients being ignited. The beams holding up the dungeon's ceiling collapsed, causing a cave-in. The jagged end of one such beam pierced clear through Haides' chest. His last act was to give Persephone her freedom, placing the half of her heart from his ring into her chest, fusing both pieces together. He told her "Because it is all I have left to give." Persephone's first act of freedom was to strangle him, repeating the very same words back to him. Even she does not know if she killed him as an act of mercy, or one of vengeance.

Since then Persephone has walked the Nirn. In 1E 361 she joined in Emperor Ami-El's war against the Ayleids in eastern Cyrodiil, concealing her undeadness and serving as a mercenary. It was during this war that she met and became friends with Mercator, an Imperial mercenary who fought with sword and shield. They faced the Ayleid's greatest general - Handril, and were present at the Battle of Lake Trasimene. Handril's army ambushed the Imperials, and annihilated them at the water's edge. Mercator was killed with all the others, but Persephone of course, went on. She continued to fight until the war ended in 393, when the Ayleids finally sued for peace.

Afterward Handril fled east to Resdayn (now known as Morrowind), where the Dwemer and Chimer were fighting against the Nords, who had invaded Morrowind. Persephone followed, hunting Handril. When he slipped away to Argonia she was still in pursuit. But she caught up to him too late, finding him dead after poisoning himself with nightshade. She returned to Resdayn, and joined with the Nords to fight against the elves.

Here she forged a friendship with Bruse, a Nordic huscarl who fought with a greatsword. They fought side by side against the elves until 1E 416, when High King Borgas of Skyrim was killed by the Wild Hunt. A succession war among the Nords followed the king's death, and their army withdrew from Resadyn so that the could fight in the civil war in Skyrim. Persephone followed Bruse there, until his death in 419. Afterward she was so disgusted that she quit the province altogether, and returned to Cyrodiil.

But she did not like what she found in her homeland. The Marukhati priests of the Alessian Order had risen to power fifty years earlier, and by now the land was firmly under their dark sway. Even Persephone, whose hatred of the elves was her overriding passion, thought that the Marukhati outlawing music - because the human slaves had none to listen to while toiling for their elven masters - was going too far. When the Marukhati-led Cyrodiilic Empire went to war with Skyrim, High Rock, and even its own Colovian estates of Kvatch and Skingrad, Persephone washed her hands of her kinsman's behavior, and left. Journeying south to lose herself in the deserts and jungles of Elsweyr.

It was in the badlands of Elsweyr that she met Sigrun - a Nordic huntress who had likewise traveled south to escape the wars of humans. They became very close, and lived together in the desert for sixty years, until Sigrun finally died of old age. This was the first time Persephone had stayed with any one person for such a long time, and Sigrun's death devastated her. Unlike her previous friends and comrades - Ulfar, Mercator, and Bruse - Sigrun had not been struck down in some great war, where one expected death might come at any moment. She simply grew old in front of Persephone's eyes and faded away. Afterward Persephone hid herself away from the world, and people, for over a thousand years.

She would not join in another major conflict until 1E 2200, when the Thrassian Plague was released into Tamriel by the Sloads. She joined the All Flags Navy, and took part in the extermination of the Sload race. She would later join in other wars, most notably that of Emperor Reman against the invading Akaviri in 1E 2703. But she left the army when afterward Reman's forces invaded Valenwood. She was tiring of war, even against elves.

It was in the Second Age that Persephone found a new enemy. She had always hated necromancers, but with the exception of the Sload - whom she had helped to exterminate - they had always been nothing but individuals appearing at random from place to place. But the rise of Mannimarco changed all that. His Order of the Black Worm became Persephone's new foe, one that she would battle with throughout the Ages.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 5 2017, 03:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 5 2016, 07:31 AM
Post #175

Councilor
Group Icon

Awesome. There you go. I love all the lore surrounding her, some of it almost seems like mythology.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 5 2016, 03:41 PM
Post #176

Paladin
Group Icon

Persephone has endured in your heart and games for a long time now and this full background is not only worthy of her, it adds a great deal of flesh to the bones of my impressions of the forever undead girl.

Very cool!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 5 2016, 06:18 PM
Post #177

Master
Group Icon

I knew some of Persephone's backstory but now you shed even more light on it. That was a very interesting read, it's always good to read about past lives of characters, even when past lives stretche a few thousands years back.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 5 2016, 06:19 PM
Post #178

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 5 2016, 02:31 AM) *

Awesome. There you go. I love all the lore surrounding her, some of it almost seems like mythology.

Thank you. I changed and enhanced the game's lore a bit and used the same history I created in Chapter 21 of the TF - The Last King Of The Ayleids. So it is a bit of mythology.

I can easily imagine Persephone being part of Tamriel mythology too, as an urban myth. Mothers would hush their children by warning them that The Persephone will come to get them if they are not quiet. Warriors would tell campfire tales that end with the evil necromancer waking up one night to find a pair of glowing silver eyes staring back at him. They might even say that if you look in the mirror and say her name five times, it will summon her... wink.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 5 2016, 10:41 AM) *

Persephone has endured in your heart and games for a long time now and this full background is not only worthy of her, it adds a great deal of flesh to the bones of my impressions of the forever undead girl.

Very cool!

Thanks. I might start writing about Persephone one day, so I wanted to finally get more specifics down on paper, even though it took me all afternoon yesterday. Now I finally have a real name for Darryl, and a real story behind them. How they are both broken, and both bound to one another from beyond the grave. That even gave me a new theme song for her - Seether & Amy Lee - Broken. That one also reminds a lot of Buffy, post Savlian Matius.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 5 2016, 01:18 PM) *

I knew some of Persephone's backstory but now you shed even more light on it. That was a very interesting read, it's always good to read about past lives of characters, even when past lives stretche a few thousands years back.

It was a lot of work to get all that down on pixels, but well worth it. Thankfully I had already created the history of the Alessian Revolution in the Teresa fic. So all I had to do was insert Persephone into it in a way that showed how she became what she is today. Now that history adds a lot more depth to why she feels how she does, and what drives her to fight, and even to try to lead a 'normal' life.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Sep 5 2016, 06:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 6 2016, 12:40 PM
Post #179

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, I am delighted to read the history of the eternally fascinating Persephone! I enjoyed listening to Persephone’s playlist while I read about her. (The Black Sabbath, Edie Brickell, and Led Zeppelin videos have been taken down.) I love the story of how Ulfar and Kore became such close friends that their bond lasts beyond Ulfar’s grave. Every screenshot with Darryl has even deeper meaning now. The Persephone and Haides relationship is a heartbreaker. She has such a rich and compelling history, it’s no wonder that Persephone has endured in your and in her readers’ imaginations. Thank you for sharing this, SubRosa!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 6 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #180

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 6 2016, 07:40 AM) *

Wow, I am delighted to read the history of the eternally fascinating Persephone! I enjoyed listening to Persephone’s playlist while I read about her. (The Black Sabbath, Edie Brickell, and Led Zeppelin videos have been taken down.) I love the story of how Ulfar and Kore became such close friends that their bond lasts beyond Ulfar’s grave. Every screenshot with Darryl has even deeper meaning now. The Persephone and Haides relationship is a heartbreaker. She has such a rich and compelling history, it’s no wonder that Persephone has endured in your and in her readers’ imaginations. Thank you for sharing this, SubRosa!

Thanks for the heads on on the links. I went back and fixed them with videos that are still active.

It is so good to finally put a real name on "Darryl's" face now. I started using the Larry, Darryl, and Darryl names as a joke. But now they finally are real people, with real stories behind them. At least Darryl. I didn't list Other brother Darryl or Larry yet. But I might get around to it. They would either be other Cyrods and Nords that she knew when she was Kore, or people she met after dying.

--------------------
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:12 AM