Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Immersive Weapons
Kane
post Aug 18 2017, 11:04 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

If there's any Special Edition players (like me) here at Chorrol that yearn for Immersive Weapons, this guide works well.

Took me about half an hour (and I'm completely new to all that) and it seems to have worked well. I'll know better after I play for a few hours, but the Antique Iron Sword showed up for me right away in the forge menu.

Cheers!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 19 2017, 01:23 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Aug 18 2017, 05:04 PM) *

If there's any Special Edition players (like me) here at Chorrol that yearn for Immersive Weapons, this guide works well.

Took me about half an hour (and I'm completely new to all that) and it seems to have worked well. I'll know better after I play for a few hours, but the Antique Iron Sword showed up for me right away in the forge menu.

Cheers!

Yeah, Khajiit liked that mod when he was playing Skyrim on PC (before the SE). Did the guy not do an update for the SE?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 19 2017, 02:23 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Nope, because the full version of IW requires SKSE - which still isn't out, and may never be out. The guide I posted walks you through removing the Dwemer Control Rod, since that is the only thing in the entire mod that actually requires SKSE.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 19 2017, 05:37 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Aug 19 2017, 08:23 AM) *

Nope, because the full version of IW requires SKSE - which still isn't out, and may never be out. The guide I posted walks you through removing the Dwemer Control Rod, since that is the only thing in the entire mod that actually requires SKSE.

Oh ok gotcha. That really sucks they never bothered to do a SKSE for the SE.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 19 2017, 05:38 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 21 2017, 02:24 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 19 2017, 12:37 PM) *

They were working on, and there was supposed to be an update on progress, way back in April. Since then, the SKSE camp has gone dark, from what I've seen/read.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 21 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Aug 21 2017, 08:24 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 19 2017, 12:37 PM) *

They were working on, and there was supposed to be an update on progress, way back in April. Since then, the SKSE camp has gone dark, from what I've seen/read.

So they are either still working on it or they abandoned it with letting anyone know. Sounds like they've been taking lessons in silence from Bethesda, tongue.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 21 2017, 03:51 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

I'd suspect that the announcement of the Creation Club has changed the playing field a lot. If Bethesda want people to create paid extensions (don't call them mods!) then those authors will want the sort of capabilities that SKSE provided. So now Bethesda need to negotiate a way forward, and it won't be simple. Even having an official Bethesda SKSE64-equivalent would require negotiation.

I'm staying on LE for playing and just using SE to port selected mods that aren't SKSE-dependent to a wider audience. I have a few, like "Hulk out!" that are almost all-SKSE, and can't be ported.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 21 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

That's a good point. I hadn't even though of what the advent of Creation Club could do to it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 21 2017, 10:24 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

I have no interest in SE mainly because of the lack of SKSE. As ghastley pointed out, I have several mods that require it (notably SkyUI), and I am not going to play the game without them. But even if SKSE did somehow come out for SE, I still have about a hundred mods I created myself that I would have to convert, and I don't see the point in doing all that work. Because all of the graphical 'improvements' from the Special Edition are things I hate, like Depth of Field, or HDR. Most of them I was able to disable in Fallout 4, but sadly there was no killing HDR, which drives me crazy sometimes.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:41 AM