Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> xVAsynth voice generation, Let's swap tips!
Lena Wolf
post Nov 29 2022, 05:32 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Let's have a whole new thread about voice generation with xVAsynth! This is for all the different games that it supports. There are differences of course, but I think there are more similarities and hopefully we can help each other.

I'll start - this is for Oblivion, a reprint of my post in Wolf Mods thread.

I had another go at voice generation in batch mode, and I now have a better idea of what's going on. I wrote it up here, if anyone is interested.

It's a huge pain at the moment to export quest dialogue. There is an xEdit script for Skyrim but not for Oblivion, and Skyrim quest records are too different - voice types are independent from race in Skyrim. I looked at that script... complicated. I know it's "only" a Pascal program, but it's yet another API to learn... mmm... Does anyone have a similar script for Oblivion? biggrin.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Lena Wolf
post Apr 29 2023, 01:16 AM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

I finally bit the bullet and brushed up on Pascal... Haven't used it in... well... if I tell you in how long, you'll know that I am no longer in my twenties. wink.gif

The result is a script for TES4Edit to export dialogue from mods while checking for character ID, race and sex in a sensible manner (i.e., not checking for factions since this is dynamic). Generic lines are thus output in many copies, while specific lines are restricted to the race and sex that can actually say them. Find this script on Nexus.

The output is filled in with xVAsynth model names and presented in the CSV format that xVAsynth expects. Sort order is not quite right, but you can't have everything - I trust you know how to use a spreadsheet or something.

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:04 PM