Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

145 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings, The Fallout "Where are you now" thread
SubRosa
post Feb 23 2013, 03:03 AM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

Shi was my Glargg character, to get familiar with the game. Now that I have a better idea how NV plays, I rolled a more permanent toon to beat the game with.

Aurora is a science geek. Naturally she has the Four Eyes perk, along with Small Frame (not sure if the latter really helps her much, since she uses energy weapons, but hey, it fits her lab-girl background). She is currently working on finding a new sheriff for Nipton.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 21 2013, 09:55 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 23 2013, 10:00 AM
Post #22

Spam Meister
Group Icon

It canīt be a coincidence they named that place Wheaton! laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Feb 23 2013, 10:05 AM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 23 2013, 02:03 AM) *

Shi was my Glargg character, to get familiar with the game. Now that I have a better idea how NV plays, I rolled a more permanent toon to beat the game with.

Aurora is a science geek. Naturally she has the Four Eyes perk, along with Small Frame (not sure if the latter really helps her much, since she uses energy weapons, but hey, it fits her lab-girl background). She is currently working on finding a new sheriff for Nipton.

Arnaud likes geeky girls... biggrin.gif ...

Aaamywho...Isn't the sheriff thing, Primm?...Ne'ermind, we know what you mean... laugh.gif ...

For a short while this morning, Arnaud headed southwards out of Primm, on a farming expedition...Eventually he got to the Mohave Outpost and saw about getting some of his stuff repaired by the dude on the desk...I forget his name...

EDIT...I never watch Family Guy, but I've seen the little bit with the Next Generation bunch...So am I the only one who can never see either the name or the actor himself without saying Hwill Hwheaton?... biggrin.gif ...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Feb 23 2013, 10:08 AM
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 23 2013, 11:13 AM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 23 2013, 02:03 AM) *

Ooh, I was thinking of starting a new character like that; feller by the name of Nicholas Telsen (badum-tish!), one who wouldn't really pay all that much attention to the main quest but instead wander around the wasteland doing all the 'sciencey' quests he can find; Tag-up Science, Repair and Energy Weapons as his main three skills.

In other news, I'm about 3 quarters of the way through Dead Money. I'm developing PTSD from it, I'm sure I am. So goddamn scary...
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Feb 23 2013, 04:56 PM
Post #25

Finder
Group Icon

I've been playing a new character recently, Giving Eva a break from her wasteland dwellings. Haha.

Sienna was a master theif, using her skills taught from her father to break into safes to get money after being forced to leave Vault 3 with her father. She got out of that game when she was 15 (she is 21 when her game starts) and decided to travel the wasteland.

Eventually she met a Ghoul called Raul, and they travelled the wasteland together. However, during a pit stop Raul find his favorite radio station, Black Mountain Radio, has a faulty signal, so alone he goes to Black Mountain without Sienna; only leaving her a note.

After a week Sienna begins to seriously worry about Raul not returning, so she sets off to look for him.

She had Guns, Lockpick and Sneak tagged. She starts her game just before she meets Neil, where she is already level 6.

Her world is the same as Eva's, so that'll be interesting! haha

This post has been edited by Eva: Feb 23 2013, 05:05 PM

--------------------
Fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a vrey srtnage mnid, wchih si good bceasue I od ot :D
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 23 2013, 06:00 PM
Post #26

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 23 2013, 10:05 AM) *

I never watch Family Guy, but I've seen the little bit with the Next Generation bunch...So am I the only one who can never see either the name or the actor himself without saying Hwill Hwheaton?... biggrin.gif ...

Oh, you are so not alone! tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 23 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 23 2013, 04:05 AM) *

Aaamywho...Isn't the sheriff thing, Primm?...Ne'ermind, we know what you mean... laugh.gif ...

Doh! Yes, that is Primm! Except for Goodsprings, I cannot keep all the towns straight. Nipton's the one with the Legion in it when you first arrive, right?

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 23 2013, 05:13 AM) *

Ooh, I was thinking of starting a new character like that; feller by the name of Nicholas Telsen (badum-tish!), one who wouldn't really pay all that much attention to the main quest but instead wander around the wasteland doing all the 'sciencey' quests he can find; Tag-up Science, Repair and Energy Weapons as his main three skills.

That is exactly the same 3 skills that Aurora tagged up and has been working on the most! Which is good because she needed two of them to get E-DE working again. He makes the perfect follower for a techie. Though I am still getting used to the music he plays in combat. It freaked me out at first because I was not sure where it was coming from.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 23 2013, 08:38 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 23 2013, 06:52 PM) *
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 23 2013, 05:13 AM) *

That is exactly the same 3 skills that Aurora tagged up and has been working on the most! Which is good because she needed two of them to get E-DE working again. He makes the perfect follower for a techie. Though I am still getting used to the music he plays in combat. It freaked me out at first because I was not sure where it was coming from.

Oh yeah, I remember that that music always made me jump when I first heard it. If you want another good follower for a Techie, I'd recommend Veronica; she fits that theme rather well and she's voiced by Felicia Day. What more could you possibly want?

In other news, in order to do something nice and calming after his harrowing experiencing escaping the Sierra Madre, Courier picked up his main man Boone and went and hit up Quarry Junction. Took out Big Mama Deathclaw with his trusty missile launcher companion Annabel and Big Papa Deathclaw with his favourite, stupidly overpowered hunting rifle in the game, Pacencia (honestly, that weapon is absurd). Most, most satifisfying to see that monster fall.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Feb 23 2013, 10:23 PM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 23 2013, 06:52 PM) *

Nipton's the one with the Legion in it when you first arrive, right?

Yep...I remember the first time I walked into Nipton, I'd just gotten hassled by the girl who wants the star caps and then turns on you...Which actually freaked me out a bit...It was before I'd gotten ED-E...Aaamywho...I walked into Nipton and was sooo disgusted by what I saw there that as soon as Vulpes the Dog-head had finished his blabbing I shot him in the head and proceeded to take the entire bunch of them out...FUN!!!...That was the start of Arnaud's mission of vengance against the Legion...

QUOTE(Subrosa)

I love ED-E sooo much...The music always makes me laugh when it starts...The only problem I have is that when he kills a raider, I have no idea which direction he's been pointing when the cut-scene happens!!... biggrin.gif ....

Veronica...Felicia Day...*Sigh*... wub.gif ... biggrin.gif ...

QUOTE(Microu)

Yay!!...Even the kids do it... laugh.gif ...
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 24 2013, 09:27 AM
Post #30

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 23 2013, 10:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Microu)

Yay!!...Even the kids do it... laugh.gif ...

Do you ever have cool hwhip on your ice cream? biggrin.gif
----

Back in Megaton, I remembered that I forgot about something over at Evergreen Mill. Need to go back inside, venture deep down and look for it...

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 24 2013, 06:29 PM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 24 2013, 03:27 AM) *

Back in Megaton, I remembered that I forgot about something over at Evergreen Mill. Need to go back inside, venture deep down and look for it...

Oh that is where the raider merchant who will trade with you is. Doesn't he have one of the unique shotguns?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 24 2013, 06:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Feb 24 2013, 08:08 PM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah, he also has a Bobble-Head in the backroom...(Not a euphamism btw... tongue.gif )...

Arnaud is back in Goodsprings, ambling about the place trying to work out how best to make things the same but different... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 24 2013, 08:37 PM
Post #33

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 24 2013, 06:29 PM) *

Oh that is where the raider merchant who will trade with you is. Doesn't he have one of the unique shotguns?

The Terrible one, yes. I let him keep it.

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 24 2013, 08:08 PM) *

Yeah, he also has a Bobble-Head in the backroom...(Not a euphamism btw... tongue.gif )...

I didnīt go there the first time and when I learned about it, I had to go back!

In recent events, a particular ghoul with a nasty name anyone whoīs read up on certain things wouldnīt like, is no more. Nuff said, lets move on.

Hubrics Comics sewers. Just at the entrance, moving forward. A place I havenīt been to before but now itīs time.

This post has been edited by mirocu: Feb 24 2013, 08:39 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 25 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #34

Spam Meister
Group Icon

(Ususally I refrain from double-post like this, but since no one has written after me...)

Hubris Comics. Ground floor.

Messing around, sneak shooting ferals with my trusty ( and silent) Dart Gun. Suddenly I find a working terminal. A working terminal, with an adventure game in it!! A beta version of Reign of Grelok!
So there I was, in a game, playing a game. Maybe itīs not that far from The Truth.

Proceeding onwards, towards the man behind all the traps laid out...

This post has been edited by mirocu: Feb 25 2013, 09:33 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Feb 25 2013, 10:57 PM
Post #35

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 24 2013, 11:37 AM) *

In recent events, a particular ghoul with a nasty name anyone whoīs read up on certain things wouldnīt like, is no more. Nuff said, lets move on.

Hubrics Comics sewers. Just at the entrance, moving forward. A place I havenīt been to before but now itīs time.

and
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 25 2013, 12:33 PM) *

Messing around, sneak shooting ferals with my trusty ( and silent) Dart Gun. Suddenly I find a working terminal. A working terminal, with an adventure game in it!! A beta version of Reign of Grelok!
So there I was, in a game, playing a game. Maybe itīs not that far from The Truth.

I don't usually jump threads but I have to quote something that you wrote elsewhere:
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 23 2013, 12:36 AM) *

I really wish I could put my finger on things like you do. Problem is I know what i think but I can rarely spell it out.

You are hereby advised that you can no longer sell yourself short like this. Reading about your adventures in the wasteland makes me want to fire up the ol' Fallout 3 again!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2013, 02:29 AM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 25 2013, 03:33 PM) *

(Ususally I refrain from double-post like this, but since no one has written after me...)

I remember that adventure game! It took me back to the old text-based adventure games of days gone by. Of course I played it too!

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Feb 25 2013, 04:57 PM) *

You are hereby advised that you can no longer sell yourself short like this. Reading about your adventures in the wasteland makes me want to fire up the ol' Fallout 3 again!

Playing FONV makes me want to fire up FO3 again... I will probably do so once I finish up the character I am on.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 26 2013, 02:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 26 2013, 03:20 PM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

Courier joined up with the Happy Trails caravan company's expedition to Zion valley today. It didn't quite go as well as planned, but now he's hooked up with a group of friendly tribals from the White Horse clan, and even got himself a new companion in the form of the very charming and amenable Follows Chalk. Currently the two are scavenging through some pre-war buildings to gather supplies for the White Horses.

I'm liking what I've played so far of Honest Hearts quite a bit; Zion Valley looks absolutely gorgeous, Follows Chalk is an absolute joy to play alongside and I'm enjoying the new weapons an enemies (the return of the Yaoi Guai was warmly welcomed by myself). Having played Dead Money, though, I'm slightly worried that Obsidian are going to pull the same 'you must leave your equipment before you play this DLC' stunt with every single expansion. It worked fine for Dead Money, as Dead Money was basically a survival horror expansion, but it seems a bit unnecessary with Honest Hearts; I can appreciate that they don't want you to steamroller the enemies you encounter, but I'm steamrolling the enemies I encounter in any case so I just had to faff about with packing before I went, which was just annoying and silly.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

Aurora has added Veronica to her team, and lately the two wimmins + E-DE have been exploring around New Vegas itself. Aurora scored herself a suit of swanky black combat armor from some dead Van Graff thugs. After killing some Fiends, they went north and explored Vault 22. That was pretty neat. I have never seen a vault like that one.

I also found that there is something weird going on with the lighting around Vegas. There is always a haze in the air near the city. It goes away when I use the console to force clear weather, so there is definitely some kind of issue.

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 26 2013, 09:20 AM) *

Courier joined up with the Happy Trails caravan company's expedition to Zion valley today. It didn't quite go as well as planned, but now he's hooked up with a group of friendly tribals from the White Horse clan, and even got himself a new companion in the form of the very charming and amenable Follows Chalk. Currently the two are scavenging through some pre-war buildings to gather supplies for the White Horses.

I'm liking what I've played so far of Honest Hearts quite a bit; Zion Valley looks absolutely gorgeous, Follows Chalk is an absolute joy to play alongside and I'm enjoying the new weapons an enemies (the return of the Yaoi Guai was warmly welcomed by myself). Having played Dead Money, though, I'm slightly worried that Obsidian are going to pull the same 'you must leave your equipment before you play this DLC' stunt with every single expansion. It worked fine for Dead Money, as Dead Money was basically a survival horror expansion, but it seems a bit unnecessary with Honest Hearts; I can appreciate that they don't want you to steamroller the enemies you encounter, but I'm steamrolling the enemies I encounter in any case so I just had to faff about with packing before I went, which was just annoying and silly.

The Yogis are back! Cool. I was wondering where they were, and I was sure I had seen them mentioned in FONV. I guess they are just in that one DLC.

All that leave your equipment behind stuff never did much for me. Not after what we go through to get that stuff in the first place! I think I will probably try the Lonesome Road DLC first then, since my character already has E-DE, and I know that he figures highly in that one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 26 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 26 2013, 06:11 PM) *
The Yogis are back!

Yoau Guai bears.

Yogi Bear.

Yoau Guai bears.

Yogi Bear.

HOW DID I NOT MAKE THAT CONNECTION BEFORE?! MY MIND! IT HAS BEEN BLOWN!

This post has been edited by Colonel Mustard: Feb 26 2013, 07:37 PM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2013, 08:04 PM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 26 2013, 01:35 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 26 2013, 06:11 PM) *
The Yogis are back!

Yoau Guai bears.

Yogi Bear.

Yoau Guai bears.

Yogi Bear.

HOW DID I NOT MAKE THAT CONNECTION BEFORE?! MY MIND! IT HAS BEEN BLOWN!

I think they are named after these critters. But I have always called them Yogis, seeing that they are bears and all.

--------------------
+Quote Post

145 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:57 AM