> Fallout 4 - spoiler version
mALX
post Nov 16 2015, 03:23 PM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Nov 15 2015, 11:07 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 16 2015, 03:07 AM) *

Holy Cow! I don't know about the airship, but the helicopter transport you get a baton flare that you set off and it calls the helicoptor to your site. You can take it to any place on the map that you have already discovered; and from what I've heard it is via the Brotherhood that you get that backup.

(and from what I hear, they are also the ones that give you the jet packs).

Yeah I've got the Brotherhood's Vertibird smoke grenades, but I haven't used one yet. I've flown in Vertibirds a few times though, to and from the airship. When you first go there you fly over a fairly big distance and you get to use the minigun, which was fun.

I also have some goodies from The Minutemen - a flare gun which calls in reinforcements, and some smoke grenades used to call in artillery strikes. I always forget about them though so they just sit in my inventory.

I'd be interested in hearing what goodies you get from each faction, this is the first I've heard about getting stuff from the Minutemen (although I knew they give you power armor in the first few minutes).

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Nov 16 2015, 03:40 PM
Post #42

Mouth
Group Icon

mirocu - I really like the power armor in FO4. It feels...powerful. biggrin.gif Really has that space marine feel to it that was missing in previous games.
I wasn't sure about it at first since you need fusion cores to power it up, but then I realised you can still use it without them, just not as effectively. Being able to customise it is really cool too.

Wolf - Yeah that's right. Never considereed offline/online for screenshots, but now that you mention it...

I haven't met Cait yet, but I don't use companions anyway. My character Alice is a sniper so there's no need to have anyone else tagging along. Plus we'd constantly be worrying about their safety and end up getting distracted.

Found some dog armour for Dogmeat earlier though. Not sure if it actually helps, but he looks pretty cool and that's what really matters happy.gif

Here's a helpful video with some hints and stuff you can do in game. Didn't know where to post it, but this thread seems safest.

This post has been edited by hazmick: Nov 16 2015, 03:40 PM

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 16 2015, 04:25 PM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Nov 16 2015, 09:40 AM) *

Here's a helpful video with some hints and stuff you can do in game. Didn't know where to post it, but this thread seems safest.

These were some great tips!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 16 2015, 04:38 PM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

Cool, they really do have dog armor!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 16 2015, 04:50 PM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 16 2015, 10:38 AM) *

Cool, they really do have dog armor!

And it's not a DLC!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 17 2015, 02:19 AM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

So, am I to understand there is no place for safe storage for the Player's loot? I mean, the settlements are all open public areas, where does the Player store their stuff they don't want messed with?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Nov 17 2015, 04:30 AM
Post #47

Knower
Group Icon

Thanks Hazmick!

mALX- All settlements that you build have a ton of cabinets and storage items you can place where you like within the settlement zone. Not sure about the settlers stealing items, I have not seen it occur in my game yet.

Two other things I have noticed- The game does have waving clothing. I checked last night on my long length cloak. Yes, it does move at the hem. Very stylish. And two, it no longer seems to rain as much under shelter. I ducked under an overpass to avoid the rain and noticed the rain effect had stopped. Very sweet!

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 17 2015, 04:44 AM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Nov 16 2015, 10:30 PM) *

Thanks Hazmick!

mALX- All settlements that you build have a ton of cabinets and storage items you can place where you like within the settlement zone. Not sure about the settlers stealing items, I have not seen it occur in my game yet.

Two other things I have noticed- The game does have waving clothing. I checked last night on my long length cloak. Yes, it does move at the hem. Very stylish. And two, it no longer seems to rain as much under shelter. I ducked under an overpass to avoid the rain and noticed the rain effect had stopped. Very sweet!

But is it safe storage? Where it doesn't reset every 10 game days; where NPC's can't go in it, etc. I wonder if your quarters at the Institute have safe storage; kind of like you had at the College of Winterhold? I'm going to look that up and see.

Ok, everyone says the workshop in Sanctuary.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 17 2015, 04:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 17 2015, 05:41 AM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh, ok - the house you buy for 2000 in Diamond City is probably one that other NPCs don't just walk into.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Nov 17 2015, 01:51 PM
Post #50

Mouth
Group Icon

mALX - none of my settlement containers have reset yet, so it's possible that any container you build is classed as safe storage. NPC's don't rummage around in any containers you build, as far as I know. NPS Settlers don't just wander around anyway since they all have work to do - growing crops, trading, guard duty etc.
However, items stored in a settlement's workbench can be scrapped and used to build things, so it's not a good long term storage.

Alice discovered Vault 81 today. Fully functional and inhabited by vault dwellers, all shiny and clean in their vault suits. After we found a lost cat and saved the Vault from a potential disease outbreak the Overseer gave Alice her own private room. Being able to sleep in a clean bed for the first time in 200 years was a nice change.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 17 2015, 03:15 PM
Post #51

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Wow, finding a vault still in use sounds cool. I mean we do leave 101 in 3 but since then we don´t really find one in good shape, and I don´t count the Garys´ vault to be in good shape... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 17 2015, 04:10 PM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Nov 17 2015, 07:51 AM) *

mALX - none of my settlement containers have reset yet, so it's possible that any container you build is classed as safe storage. NPC's don't rummage around in any containers you build, as far as I know. NPS Settlers don't just wander around anyway since they all have work to do - growing crops, trading, guard duty etc.
However, items stored in a settlement's workbench can be scrapped and used to build things, so it's not a good long term storage.

Alice discovered Vault 81 today. Fully functional and inhabited by vault dwellers, all shiny and clean in their vault suits. After we found a lost cat and saved the Vault from a potential disease outbreak the Overseer gave Alice her own private room. Being able to sleep in a clean bed for the first time in 200 years was a nice change.

That is Awesome! Oh, that is so cool !!! Now I would love that kind of quest (and reward) - and seeing all the vault dwellers would remind me of vault 101 !!!! I love the sound of that !!!

@ Mirocu - Urk, I HATE the Gary's !!!!!! But ... Vault 101 was still a working vault after you leave it; you just weren't welcome in there anymore once you helped them, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Nov 17 2015, 09:07 PM
Post #53

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 17 2015, 07:10 AM) *

@ Mirocu - Urk, I HATE the Gary's !!!!!! But ... Vault 101 was still a working vault after you leave it; you just weren't welcome in there anymore once you helped them, lol.

Wait... you were supposed to help them?! evillol.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Nov 17 2015, 09:41 PM
Post #54

Mouth
Group Icon

Alice traveled all the way to the far south of the map today, to an area known as 'The Glowing Sea'. It's heavily irradiated, and at the centre is a crater caused by the bomb which you see at the start of the game. The crater is home to some followers of Atom, while the barren hellscape around them is home to Deathclaws and Radscorpions. It's such eerie place. I loved it.

Oh, I took some screenshots.

Number 1

Number 2

--------------------

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 17 2015, 10:22 PM
Post #55

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Awesome power armour shots! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 18 2015, 01:02 AM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Nov 17 2015, 03:07 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 17 2015, 07:10 AM) *

Wait... you were supposed to help them?! evillol.gif

SPEW!!!! Uh, did they have water issues after your visit? laugh.gif

QUOTE(hazmick @ Nov 17 2015, 03:41 PM) *

Alice traveled all the way to the far south of the map today, to an area known as 'The Glowing Sea'. It's heavily irradiated, and at the centre is a crater caused by the bomb which you see at the start of the game. The crater is home to some followers of Atom, while the barren hellscape around them is home to Deathclaws and Radscorpions. It's such eerie place. I loved it.

Oh, I took some screenshots.

Number 1

Number 2

These shots are spectacular! Boy did you ever capture the feel of that place! But how are your Rads staying so low there? And what is the flag? Is there a settlement there?

I'm in agreement with Mirocu, these are excellent shots of the power armor too!

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Nov 18 2015, 01:59 AM
Post #57

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 18 2015, 12:02 AM) *

These shots are spectacular! Boy did you ever capture the feel of that place! But how are your Rads staying so low there? And what is the flag? Is there a settlement there?

Power armor gives you a big radiation defence, since the armor is sealed. Alice was also popping Rad-X like crazy tongue.gif

There are a few ruins out there, though everything has been pretty much flattened. The flag is on top of an old military bunker, which was pretty much unharmed since it's partially underground.

There's a suit of power armor, that I've seen on a loading screen, which I'm hunting for. It has huge shoulder plates and just looks gorgeous.

-----

Alice checked out the Museum of Witchcraft earlier. She's never been more glad to have her power armor on. The atmosphere in the building was so terrifying and exciting. I'd recommend paying it a visit. Just...bring lots of big guns.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 18 2015, 02:16 AM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Nov 17 2015, 07:59 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 18 2015, 12:02 AM) *

Power armor gives you a big radiation defence, since the armor is sealed. Alice was also popping Rad-X like crazy tongue.gif

There are a few ruins out there, though everything has been pretty much flattened. The flag is on top of an old military bunker, which was pretty much unharmed since it's partially underground.

There's a suit of power armor, that I've seen on a loading screen, which I'm hunting for. It has huge shoulder plates and just looks gorgeous.

-----

Alice checked out the Museum of Witchcraft earlier. She's never been more glad to have her power armor on. The atmosphere in the building was so terrifying and exciting. I'd recommend paying it a visit. Just...bring lots of big guns.

Oh, did you get to explore the bunker? I'll have to look that up on youtube! Museum of Witchcraft - this is the first I've heard of it! Looking that up too!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Nov 18 2015, 08:22 AM
Post #59

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 17 2015, 06:39 PM) *

I'm wanting to know how/where you can get the red bandana to put around Dogmeat's neck; and how you get him to wear it.

I hate the skeevers er...mole rats. They are so fast and attack in a group now, lol.

I'll answer this here to avoid spoiling it for anyone else:

I just found a red bandana tonight on a raider's mongrel mutt inside a satellite array just east of Sanctuary Hills. I think they might be pretty common items, but you'll have to talk to someone who has progressed further in the game than I. To get Dogmeat to equip something just use the trade option to open his inventory and if the item is something that he can equip the option will come up. On the console it is the Y or Triangle button. Don't know the PC equivalent.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 18 2015, 10:19 AM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Nov 18 2015, 02:22 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 17 2015, 06:39 PM) *

I'm wanting to know how/where you can get the red bandana to put around Dogmeat's neck; and how you get him to wear it.

I hate the skeevers er...mole rats. They are so fast and attack in a group now, lol.

I'll answer this here to avoid spoiling it for anyone else:

I just found a red bandana tonight on a raider's mongrel mutt inside a satellite array just east of Sanctuary Hills. I think they might be pretty common items, but you'll have to talk to someone who has progressed further in the game than I. To get Dogmeat to equip something just use the trade option to open his inventory and if the item is something that he can equip the option will come up. On the console it is the Y or Triangle button. Don't know the PC equivalent.

Thank you! When I saw him with the bandana, I knew I'd just have to get it!

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:34 PM