208 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Are You Today?
SubRosa
post Jan 18 2012, 02:23 AM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

I still think Nordy-Boy is one of the best names ever for a character! Be careful though McB, someone else named a character Buffy in order to keep from taking her too seriously. We know how that worked out... wink.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 18 2012, 03:59 AM
Post #22

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 17 2012, 05:23 PM) *

I still think Nordy-Boy is one of the best names ever for a character! Be careful though McB, someone else named a character Buffy in order to keep from taking her too seriously. We know how that worked out... wink.gif

rollinglaugh.gif

Seriously, I maintain it is better than Barbie or Bambi. embarrased.gif Although. . . Binky sounds pretty cool! Heh, and Nordy-Boy really is a good name. So is Bobo. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Jan 18 2012, 05:08 AM
Post #23

Finder
Group Icon

Yay for Terry Pratchett references. tongue.gif Nordy-boy (Noriboi? tongue.gif) seems to have a very similar sense of irreverent humor found in the Discworld as well. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jan 18 2012, 05:46 AM
Post #24

Councilor
Group Icon

Pratchett is God!!... biggrin.gif ...Robert has been reading him since around '87...So yes, pretty much my important years have been informed my The Great One™...*Bows down*...

Seriously, I maintain it is better than Barbie or Bambi. Although. . . Binky sounds pretty cool! Heh, and Nordy-Boy really is a good name. So is Bobo. smile.gif

Lol to both... biggrin.gif ...Back in the day I couldn't think of a name for him, so I called him...Robert...But, in time honoured tradition, it got changed to his nickname as the gaming went on...

Seriously, Nordy-Boy is legendary here...But we had a good laugh when we discovered the other day that he's still two levels behind the wife's first character...And the daughter's is somewhere in the 40s... biggrin.gif ...

Jericho just ran away crying and screaming at the top of his lungs when a ghost got a hold of him. Poor dude

Nordy-Boy shakes his head and explodes ghost...

While in the shop in Bravil, Nordy-Boy found himself frowning at the shopkeeper Nilawen thinking to himself - Geez, hark at you Mrs Robinson! G'way!...I'm a married man y'know?...Sheesh...

So, leaving he looked at his map again and decided...Yes, over there again...

Finding himself outside Redwater Slough he wondered A) whether there was too much Iron in the water around here, and avoiding smileys he decided on D) if Slough was pronounced like Sloth or like the UK dumphole...With an Ow...Then he thought...I don't actually care and went to kill something...

Finding himself confronted with Boris the Vampire "I vant to drink yrr Blood!" he leaned back against a wall with his Ebony sword in hand. Nordy found himself thinking, Didn't we just leave this party?...

Shrugging he began his Cleansing of the Vamps...Good name for an album that...Or a Goth Band™...Or a holistic cure...*Frowns*...

One Sascha, Dimitri, Pavel, Mischca and Janet (no relation) later, Nordy ran into some ponce in red leggins...Feeling disgusted on behalf of the entire male population, he removed the head of the Vamp that declared himself as being Hindaril...Nordy wasn't sure of this...He raised an eyebrow...More like HerDaria...

Later, at Kindred Cave Nordy found himself confronted by Necromancers™ (bum-bum-buuuummm)...Upset at the Nordy's suggestion that the robes did in fact make their bums look big, they decided to hurl fireballs and zombies at him...

Watching as a zombie flew over his head whilst wishing him a good day, Nordy thought that at least this was actually a decently educated enemy...Which he then mercilessly slaughtered...

Finding much in the way of Gold™ and Jewels 'nd Things™ he felt pleased with himself...He removed hisself from the cave and skipped his way into the day...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Jan 18 2012, 05:48 AM
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 18 2012, 06:25 PM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

New character: Redguard Scout.

Darian picked up the cutlass and examined the blade. Decent steel, well kept, and familiar balance. It would do.

“That your sword, lad?” The Imperial City Guard’s accent sounded appalling, and his nasal tone insulted the ear. Darian supposed he would have to get used to it.

It’s mine now, he thought. “Yes.”

The guard looked him over. “You’re not injured?”

Little thanks to you. “No. I appreciate your assistance.”

“Protect and serve, that’s what we do. These pirates have been a nuisance, and now they’ve finally stepped over the line. We can’t have them robbing citizens right in our Imperial City. I’ll need you to come with me when I fill out the report.”

Not a chance, thought Darian. “Of course. I’ll just get my things, if you don’t mind.”

Darian was tempted to check the Dunmer’s pockets while he retrieved her belt and scabbard, but he carried enough shame already. He wanted a fresh start, and now he had it. He left his past behind on the docks of Rihad, and now he was free of possessions as well. Being robbed would not make him a thief. It didn’t bother him that these were not the brigands who had robbed him.

The midday sun warmed his head as he waited for a crowd to gather. The city loomed at his back, glistening with promise. It would have to wait. Darian wanted silken robes and a heavy purse before he entered the center of the Empire. Though so far it seemed that Cyrodiils preferred to dress as peasants.

The guard turned to speak with an arriving officer. Darian slipped into the crowd.

He wanted to see the Great Forest, but the Gold Cost also beckoned. Either way he would need provisions, a bow, and coin to rent a bed until he got his bearings in this green land. A map would also be useful. He shortened his stride to blend in with the other pedestrians. His eyes went to the great stone bridge. It might take the rest of the day to get across Lake Rumare.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Jan 18 2012, 08:24 PM
Post #26

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 18 2012, 11:25 AM) *

-snip-

Ohh, now I'm curious, great start, and I want to read more >:

@McBadgere, Hey Jericho is kind still a kid...kinda, can't expect everyone to be as epic as Nordy-Boy now can you, although he is perfectly contempt in fighting bandits and helping around. Maybe he should bring Nordy along as a meat shield companion.

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 18 2012, 09:06 PM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

@ Grits - Ooh, Darian def sounds interesting!

@ McBadgere -
Cleansing of the Vamps
- ROFL !!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 20 2012, 12:44 AM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

“You move like a pregnant cow!”

Darian stared at the woman in astonishment. She advanced in staggering lunges, swinging the warhammer as she came. Her face was a mask of fury. You should see yourself move, he thought.

“Do you think you know me?” Darian asked, stepping back. “If so, you’re mistaken.”

She answered with another grunt and wild swing. A slash across her chest made her drop the warhammer, and another ended her life. Darian sighed. Now her furs were soaked with blood and worse, and carrying the hammer would annoy him. Still, he could ill afford to leave Septims lying in the grass. He braced the hilt across his shoulder and kept walking.

He had joined the Fighters Guild in Chorrol, but they had no work for new meat, as they put it. They did have an extra bow and several bottles of Tamika’s West Weald wine, to which he happily helped himself. The meals he had on the road were spare but merry: ham and cheese sandwich with wine, cheese sandwich with wine, bread with wine. Tonight he would only have wine, unless he made it to Cheydinhal.

Magnus sank in the sky behind him, gilding the grass and trees with light. Darian ignored his itchy sweat and empty stomach and simply enjoyed his surroundings. The tips of turrets appeared over the trees in the distance. Darian smiled. Perhaps someone knew how to cook Redguard cuisine in this city.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 20 2012, 01:56 AM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

Looks to me like Darian is creating himself his own fan fic after all! biggrin.gif That is fine with me, he is as much fun to read as Jerric and crew.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 20 2012, 03:32 AM
Post #30

Paladin
Group Icon

Yup, seems Darian likes Tamika's, bread and cheese - can't go wrong with that! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 20 2012, 03:07 PM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

I liked Darian's reaction to the women attacking him.

“Do you think you know me?” Darian asked, stepping back. “If so, you’re mistaken.”

His attitude is cool and detached, like an assassin's.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Jan 20 2012, 09:07 PM
Post #32

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 19 2012, 05:44 PM) *

“You move like a pregnant cow!”

Darian stared at the woman in astonishment. She advanced in staggering lunges, swinging the warhammer as she came. Her face was a mask of fury. You should see yourself move, he thought.

She answered with another grunt and wild swing. A slash across her chest made her drop the warhammer, and another ended her life. Darian sighed. Now her furs were soaked with blood and worse, and carrying the hammer would annoy him. Still, he could ill afford to leave Septims lying in the grass. He braced the hilt across his shoulder and kept walking.

He had joined the Fighters Guild in Chorrol, but they had no work for new meat, as they put it. They did have an extra bow and several bottles of Tamika’s West Weald wine, to which he happily helped himself. The meals he had on the road were spare but merry: ham and cheese sandwich with wine, cheese sandwich with wine, bread with wine. Tonight he would only have wine, unless he made it to Cheydinhal.

Magnus sank in the sky behind him, gilding the grass and trees with light. Darian ignored his itchy sweat and empty stomach and simply enjoyed his surroundings. The tips of turrets appeared over the trees in the distance. Darian smiled. Perhaps someone knew how to cook Redguard cuisine in this city.

Ohh nice! Darian seems so detached (and good looking according to Jericho), and he is right, you can't leave septims lying around wink.gif

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 21 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

“You have your orders,” barked the orc. “Now move your carcass, boot!”

Darian hauled the weapons shipment to the mine, grumbling all the way. He entered this land a warrior, and now he was a pack mule in a company of thugs.

Eventually he reconsidered his guild mates. Keld of the Isles seemed pleasant if overly cautious, and Ohtimbar had at least a cultivated manner. However their Orsimer chapter head was a true barbarian in Darian’s eyes. It wouldn’t be hard to give the goblins an orc’s face as he killed them.

The team at the mine was happy to see him, and even more thrilled over the weapons he brought. How they happened to be on a contract unarmed was not mentioned. Darian earned more praise as they cleared out the mine. They offered him some friendly advice afterward.

“You would do well to use a shield, lad,” offered the team’s other swordsman. The mountains must seem young to this Altmer, thought Darian. He decided not to take offense.

“Good work, soldier,” the team leader told him. “The miners will be able to get back to work. You should head back to Burz and find another contract.”

“Bashing puny goblin skulls, crushy dead!” exclaimed the orc warhammer enthusiast, or at least it sounded something like that. Darian accepted his congratulatory thump without wincing.

Back at the guild hall, Burz had the payout but no new contract. For that Darian would need to travel to Anvil.

The Gold Coast, thought Darian, gritting his teeth under a smile. Nearly the other side of the province for a small pouch of gold. Wonderful.

By the time he got on the road, his attitude had improved. He would get to see a great deal of country this way, instead of getting bogged down in one location. He wanted to see Anvil anyway. And at least today he was wearing clean socks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 21 2012, 09:52 PM
Post #34

Ancient
Group Icon

The clean socks line reminds me of Forrest Gump, lol. Great segment !!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 23 2012, 11:24 PM
Post #35

Councilor
Group Icon

Darian climbed the Gold Road in the morning sun, Anvil at his back. His time there had seen a five-fold increase in his reputation and two promotions within the Fighters Guild. Hard work and a humble attitude finally won his guild mates over. His natural charm and noble bearing had certainly left them unimpressed. In fact, the only women in Anvil who had shown any interest had then tried to kill him. Darian decided he should reevaluate his assets.

He would have plenty of time on the road to think. Azzan had sent him back to Chorrol for his next contract. Darian shook his head. Most of the new repair hammers would doubtlessly be used up on his boots.

A foul odor reached him from the bushes. Ugh, could that be the same highwayman who accosted him on the way into town? Surely something should have eaten it by now. Darian hoped he would not have to pass the bodies of all the bandits he had killed. Perhaps their ghosts would follow him. He shook off the chill that touched his spine.

Let them come, he decided. It would give him some practice with his new enchanted dagger. Plus, then he could sell their ectoplasm in Skingrad and buy some decent wine.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 23 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

Another episode of the DF! smile.gif I see he is working his way up the FG ladder, and has become disillusioned with the female population of Anvil. I guess he never paid a visit to the Mages Guild there! Perhaps he will have better luck in Chorrol? I know of a very sweet Argonian maiden there who might look upon him with a favorable eye...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 23 2012, 11:59 PM
Post #37

Paladin
Group Icon

I love Darian's attitude! Ghosts? We ain't afraid of no ghosts! Bring 'em on. I'll turn their ectoglop into Tamikas! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 24 2012, 12:14 AM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 23 2012, 05:59 PM) *

I love Darian's attitude! Ghosts? We ain't afraid of no ghosts! Bring 'em on. I'll turn their ectoglop into Tamikas! tongue.gif

SPEW !!!! What a great response, I can't top that, so I'll just quote it !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Jan 24 2012, 06:38 AM
Post #39

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 23 2012, 04:59 PM) *

Hahaha xD, I'm with mALX can't simply top this awesomeness tongue.gif

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 24 2012, 11:57 PM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

laugh.gif Ectoglop, I love it!

I was so anxious to keep Darian away from Kvatch and Jerric, I completely forgot about Abiene! A hookup with Dashing Darian might change things in Jerric’s story before they even get started! I'd better lock the MG door and drop McB’s Shroud spell over it, just in case. tongue.gif

Darian held the dusty breastplate against his chest. Brusef Amelion must have been an extraordinarily well-proportioned man, he mused. His armor would almost fit me.

Tomb robbing was not on Darian’s list of noble activities, but damsels in distress had a way of changing the rules. Besides, he had entered with the resident family’s permission. At least the living representatives. Some of the dead had taken exception to his presence and risen from their slumber. Thanks to Darian they were all at rest again, though now in considerably smaller pieces.

Another traipse across the province yielded more cross words from Burz and not quite enough gold to sweeten them. Darian decided that Swordsman of the Fighters Guild was a rank he could live with, at least for awhile.

Where to go next? A person had to be somewhere, and Darian had the luxury of choosing.

Bruma, he decided. Warm fires, cold mead, and bards’ tales.

And Nords. Oh, well, he thought. No place is perfect.

--------------------
+Quote Post

208 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:09 AM