43 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Wobbly Goblet Playground
Grits
post May 24 2013, 03:06 AM
Post #81

Councilor
Group Icon

“I’m Abiene. Are you ready to go up? Let’s find the chamber that Hethilion has prepared for you.”

Abiene’s eyes returned to Irvana’s two swords. She couldn’t imagine a vampire fatally falling onto one, but then she was no fighter. Irvana was a tall woman. Perhaps she was also stronger than she looked.

She gave Aravi a grateful glance when she offered to help. It seemed as if Irvana was recovering from her shock, but the woman might take another turn. Only moments ago she had been hysterical.

“What do you think, Irvana? Can you manage the stairs on your own?”

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 24 2013, 03:33 AM
Post #82

Master
Group Icon

Irvana reached out to Aravi to shake her hand. "I am pleased to make your acquaintance, Aravi."

She whirled to the healer and concluded that this must be Abiene. She exchanged looks from the khajiit and the breton. "I think that is the best course for now. And I appreciate your offer. But you look tired. I don't want to burden you. If you are to go to brave those things than it would be best if you were at your strongest."

When the healer(who revealed herself as Abiene) asked if she was able to go up the stairs, Irvana could only muster a small laugh. "I can walk. I'm just shaken, that's all. I've been assaulted before on various occasions back when I was younger. Being attacked by a creature who wants your blood is something entirely different and mortyfing. I've heard stories about vampires. Folk tales. I just don't want to end up being their next victim."

She breathed deeply and sighed, eager to climb the stairs and put this dilemma behind. Though her legs were still trembling. "Lead the way, dear Abiene."

From her time there with these new people, Irvana could see that they might have been shocked at the situation, and of course, its not every night a person survives an attack from a nosferatu.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: May 24 2013, 03:38 AM

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post May 24 2013, 05:33 AM
Post #83

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla could see that Abiene and Aravi could handle the woman. In the morning, she would question her about the whereab of the vampire, though if the rain let up, it would still be difficult to tell. She sat back on the barstool and ordered another wine. She took a mouthful of the sweet, dark purple liquid and cast another glance to Laegon.

'I wonder if he'll sing me a private tune in my room...'

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 24 2013, 06:03 AM
Post #84

Master
Group Icon

"Lead the way, dear Abiene."

Aravi saw Irvana was a bit unsteady. Despite that, the decision to return to the bar was an easy one. If she fell, she would have a healer to see to her immediately. And she claimed she was fine. Aravi had directed her question to Abiene as well to be sure that she didn’t need the help. With both of them turning her loose, she was more than happy to get off of her feet again. It’s time to finish my dessert. She sat next to Kayla, whose attention was fully on the bard again. Aravi picked up her fork and ate a quick bite. The crumble was still delicious.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 24 2013, 11:18 AM
Post #85

Councilor
Group Icon

Abiene

Irvana let out a sigh. “Lead the way, dear Abiene.”

Abiene picked up her pack and cloak and headed up the stairs. Hethilion stood in the corridor, a key in each hand. He gestured to one of the doors. “For you, miss,” he said to Abiene. Then his eyes went over her head, she guessed to Irvana.

“I’ll join you in a moment,” Abiene called softly over her shoulder. She stepped into her chamber to put down her things.

The first thing she noticed was the filled tub, though she hadn’t asked for it. Bless you, Hethilion, Abiene thought. She hung her cloak and pack, removed her enchanted jewelry, then washed her hands at the basin.

A moment later she was back in the corridor looking for Irvana’s room.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 24 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #86

Master
Group Icon

Irvana followed Abiene up the stairs with her black cloak hung over her shoulders. She was looking forward to a bath, and to be free from those wounds. She had no doubt Abiene might have some skill as a healer. The breton told her she would be with her shortly, and left to her own chamber to get prepared. Hethilion was in the hallway already, keys in each hand as he guided Irvana to one of the rooms.

She stood at the doorway, and then entered the chamber. With a timid attitude she started to search the room, looking at the fine sheets in the bed, the bench on the side of the entrance and everything that bespoke the neatness and luxury of the inn.

How fortunate I found this place, Irvana thought. She smiled as she saw the folded set of clothes in the corner, and then her smile turned to a slight frown when she looked at the walls. "There are no windows."

She turned to the Altmer, and then squeezed her lips tight. She stood there with her hands clasped together before her above her knee. Before he had a chance to reply, she spoke. "I think it would be safer. No chance of anything crawling through the window to get to me. If anything, I'll light a few candles here."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 24 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #87

Councilor
Group Icon

Abiene

Abiene heard Irvana’s voice from one of the rooms. She walked over.

She spoke before Hethilion could leave. “You know, it was presumptuous of me to order broth and bread for you, Irvana. Would you like something else brought up? I’m sure Hethilion will change the order.”

She brushed her hand lightly down the Altmer’s forearm as she addressed him. “I left my strawberries at the bar. Would you mind bringing my plate up if you get a chance? And I would love a pot of Yetta’s orange tea.” Now the tall mer’s eyes were on hers. She gave his arm a quick squeeze of gratitude. “Thank you, Hethilion.”

They both looked over at Irvana.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Saquira
post May 24 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #88

Finder
Group Icon

Fedura only listened with half an ear to the other people at the bar when a man, Theudebald, introduced himself to the other women. Instead she busied herself with finishing her meal, so that she could leave to go to bed as soon as possible. As luck would have it, the dunmer woman had only just finished her drink when another person wandered in through the door. This time however, she did turn her head when the sound of someone falling to the floor reached her ears, and the bloodied woman dripping water all over the floor caused her brows to furrow as she wondered if Ceylye was alright. The woman's pitiful voice as she asked for assistance immediately caused many in the public house to stir, and the female Breton by the bar stood up first, closely followed by the white-furred khajiit as they headed to the woman.

She stayed by the bar, not really paying much attention until the mention of vampires, at which her white eyes glanced towards the door before paying attention to what the others were saying. The legionnaire wanted to know the location of the attack, but Fedura doubted anything would be done about it by officials. Then a couple of the women declared that they'd take care of it the next day after they'd rested, and she wondered for a moment if they really were as experienced with vampire hunting as they said. However, she decided that it didn't really matter, as she'd be leaving the next day and it was doubtful that she'd ever see them again even if they survived the vampires.

When two of the women headed up the stairs, Fedura got of her chair and picked up her bag, turning to the Orsimer woman who'd returned to the bar only a little while ago. Upon asking which room she could take, she was given a key by the Orsimer, and directions as to how to get to her room. Then Fedura thanked her, paid her tab and headed towards the stairs. When she reached the top, she saw the two women and the Altmer housekeeper, but ignored what they were talking about and walked past them to her own room.

Having stepped inside the door and shut it behind her, the woman was relieved to finally have some time to herself. Quickly finding the bed with her eyes, she placed her pack and weapons at the foot of it before laying down on the soft fabric of the quilt, only intending to rest a moment before removing her armour.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 24 2013, 06:02 PM
Post #89

Master
Group Icon

Irvana saw Abiene as she left her chamber to regroup with her and Hethilion. She decided that she should have asked the Imperial for whatever she wanted. Irvana considered the offer, but went with what Abiene originally ordered for her minutes prior. "Broth and bread is quite fine."

She paused, and shrugged her shoulders so that her cloak could fall off into her hands. "If you can have this washed. I would be ever so grateful."

Irvana looked down on the muddied robe that helped her walk at night without drawing too much attention to her youthful features and obvious nobility. It was black, and was ornamented with faint crimson symbols on them which indicated something of Daedric origin, but not entirely so. The attire itself wasn't enchanted, but it certainly was a rare piece of fabric.

"It means a lot to me." She smiled and then refused to say anything else. She didn't want to seem like she's taking advantage of them by asking for too much. Just then a white-eyed dark elf woman climbed the steps, looked at them, and retreated into her own chamber without saying so much as a single word.

Peculiar . . .

She looked at Abiene, and Hethilion and then scratched her own arm. "I suppose we should get started."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post May 24 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #90

Ancient
Group Icon

"Here's the plan," Kayla said to Aravi, her eyes still on the bard. "Go ahead and enjoy your dessert. We rest up tonight, get our baths, get some proper sleep. In the morning, we pack what we need. Potions, weapons, foodstuffs, etc. The usual. We talk to the girl and see it we can't find the bloodsucker based on what she says. She'll be calmer in the morning."

She turned her attention to Aravi, leaning one elbow on the bar. She set the other on her own knee. "We need to discuss our strengths and weaknesses so we can better team up. O work better with my hands and a sword. I'm awful at sneaking, but am pretty quick. I can manage with a bow, bit don't have one with me. I know destruction spells fairly well, and of course, my poisons are pretty good, if I say so myself." She grinned.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 24 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #91

Councilor
Group Icon

Abiene

Irvana looked at Abiene and Hethilion. “I suppose we should get started,” Irvana said.

Abiene moved into the room and closed the door behind her. “Irvana, I think it will be fine if you sit on this bench and lean back. I can kneel here on the floor beside you. I will first use a spell to clean your wounds, and then I will heal them. The cleansing spell will dissolve anything that isn’t living tissue, so please open your gown over the abdominal wound and hold still while I am casting. I assure you it is painless and quite safe.”

She rolled her sleeves up over her elbows. Tonight’s stop was unexpected, and she had not brought an extra gown. It would be best to keep this one clean.

Irvana had expressed concerns that the vampire was stalking her. “Would you like me to cast a ward on your door tonight? They taught me one at the chapel to keep the ghosts out of my bedchamber. I hate waking up half frozen and covered in ectoplasm. Anyway it will only last until around dawn, but it should keep the undead from passing through it until then.”

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 24 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #92

Master
Group Icon

Kayla abruptly started speaking to Aravi while she still had a mouthful of crumble. She quietly chewed as she listened to the Altmer speak. When Kayla was done speaking, Aravi took a quick drink of her now cold tea.

“I’m best with my swords as well. I can’t rival a Bosmer or a forester with my bow, but I can shoot pretty well. I can sneak, open nearly any lock, and heal most wounds enough to get out of immediate danger.” She looked at the tall Altmer. “I can probably keep up with you as well, despite my size. I rely more on my speed than the protection of my armor. I can’t take a heavy blow and keep fighting without some help.”

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 24 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #93

Master
Group Icon

Abiene entered the room, closed the door behind her, and advised that she took a seat on the bench and relax. Irvana did so. This will be painless . . .

The Imperial woman lifted her gown, exposing the rather nasty-looking scratch on her belly. She tried not to stare, but as she looked into the bretons eyes all Irvana could muster was a simple thank you.

The healer rolled up her sleeves, perhaps to try and not get it messy with the blood and damaged flesh Irvana had. She probably noted Irvana's concern, and asked if she would desire in having a ward placed at the door to keep out the intrusion of undead. Irvana thought about it, and decided against it.

As ravenous as those vampires are, would they truly be foolish enough to enter the Wobbly Goblet? With the armed warrior and Legion guard? As well as the vampire hunter herself! Irvana felt she would be safer with them around. There was no need for a ward spell.

"No," she simply said. "I don't think that's nescessary. I trust Aravi and the high elf vampire hunter are truly fierce warriors and even if they are asleep . . . would vampires really be foolish enough to attack twice? Surely they know we are all aware of them? They like to attack by surprise." Her voice trailed off and tears formed in her eye. "Like how they did to me."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post May 25 2013, 06:41 AM
Post #94

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla's eyebrows raised only slightly when Aravi rattled off her skills.

"Any lock? Or, nearly any lock? That's extremely useful. Even the feral vamps keep loot. And if they have prisoners, well, that will come in handy as well." She stayed silent for a moment before turning completely to the bar. She gulped her wine down, giving up on Laegon. The bard did his job well, since he had only stopped playing during the ruckus. Once Irvana went upstairs, he had resumed his lute playing.

Kayla leaned rested her chin on one hand, drumming her fingers on her chin absently while she thought. Her other hand traced the etchings on her sword hilt.

"Since you can't take heavy blows, it might be wise for me to lead. If you, like most Khajiit, have sharp eyes, you can spot danger. If its in a cave, you can hide and let me deal with the vamps, coming in when I need you. I don't want to put you in danger."

She turned her head, keeping her head rested on her hand.

"I know a muffle spell to keep myself quiter, bit it's not foolproof. Let's get a bath and some rest. First one to wake up wakes the other. Sound good?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 25 2013, 04:11 PM
Post #95

Master
Group Icon

“There are some locks even I can’t get into, but for the most part, with enough time I can get into it.” Aravi had a few more questions before they broke for the night and Kayla just gulped down her wine. Aravi’s time became limited.

“I’m used to working with another, heavily armored warrior. We can do as you suggest, but this is how I normally work: When I find where they live, I look for a back entrance. If they haven one, great, I use it and sneak in. If not, I enter the front as quietly as I can. Sometimes they don’t even have sentries posted, depending on how unorganized they are. If I can get in quietly, I can usually kill a good number of them before the rest know I’m there. If it turns into a large fight, I can hold my own as long as I have room to move. I try to get around and attack distracted ones from the side or back.” She paused. “What kind of armor do you wear? Does your sword have any enchantments?”

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post May 25 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #96

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla yawned, covering her mouth. "Light leather armor. It has a resist disease enchantment, but only a little one. And my sword has a fire enchantment. Of course." She laughed a little.

"What about your sword?" She shot one last look at Laegon before turning back to Aravi.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 25 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #97

Master
Group Icon

"One is enchanted with fire, the other has silver worked into the steel. We'll have to make sure we pack plenty of disease potions. I can't cure them with magic." Aravi fought back a contagious yawn. Kharjo's amulet was nice in that regard, she thought, remembering the amulet she gave him. It had very powerful disease resistance so she didn't have to worry about him. She of course was covered by the curse of lycanthropy. The wolf within didn't tolerate other infections. Not that she was going to share that with Kayla or anyone else at the inn.

"If you wake up before me in the morning, come and get me. I want to make sure I speak with Abiene before we go though."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post May 25 2013, 06:28 PM
Post #98

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla nodded and yawned again. "I have plenty to share. All of my own brew. They work quickly. I've got a good bit of resistance built up to the disease, but it never hurts to be prepared. We can split the potions and each take one after the hunt is over." She stood up and steadied herself on the bar. "If you don't mind, I'll be taking that bath now. I have a feeling you'll wake up before me, though. See you in the morning." She gave Aravi a half-grin before sauntering off to her room, shooting an uncharacteristically flirtatious look at Laegon before climbing the stairs to her room.

Once she reached the top steps, she fumbled the key into the lock and opened it, closing it quietly behind her. Kayla blinked at the bed.

'That's really inviting.' She thought. She stripped herself of her clothing and took out her warm sleeping shirt and slipped it on before climbing into bed. She sighed.

'Godsdamnit. I was supposed to bathe.'

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 25 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #99

Councilor
Group Icon

Abiene

“Would vampires really be foolish enough to attack twice?” Irvana said. “Surely they know we are all aware of them? They like to attack by surprise.” Her lovely eyes filled with tears. “Like how they did to me.”

“Oh, I’m sure you’re right,” Abiene quickly agreed. “I’m sorry I brought it up again.”

I’ll ward my door just the same, she thought. A shudder passed through her. To be enthralled and helpless, or even changed… It was the fuel of nightmares.

Abiene knelt beside Irvana. “I’ll tell you what I’m doing as I work, so you’ll know what you’re feeling. First I’m going to cleanse the wound here on your belly. I’ll help hold your gown aside, and now I’m casting the spell.” She was careful to keep the fabric out of the way so as not to further damage Irvana’s dress. “Now I’m going to place my fingers across the scratch, so you’ll feel my hand.” She sent healing energy through her fingertips, knitting up the layers of muscle and skin until no trace of damage remained.

“There. Now I’ll sit up and heal your neck.” Abiene put action to her words, rising onto her knees to reach the taller woman. She took care to gently lift Irvana’s hair out of the way. The Imperial possessed striking beauty, and Abiene was certain that she would not appreciate a haircut from the cleansing spell.

The caked blood and grime disappeared under Abiene’s hand, and the jagged bites faded away to nothing. She took a moment to send healing light throughout Irvana’s body, easing any bruised muscles and strained joints that would only begin to hurt after the shock of the attack had fully passed.

“All finished.” Abiene sat back down on her heels for a moment, drawing her senses back into herself. She smiled up at Irvana. “Do you hear that? I think Hethilion is out in the hall. Perhaps he has our refreshments.”

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 25 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #100

Master
Group Icon

Irvana relaxed, wiping away the moisture in her eyes and set away her swords. The silver pommel bore the same symbols that was on her cloak; old runes were clearly inscribed on the sheathe and blade.

Abiene worked her healing abilities on her. As she did she casually explained what she was doing, and what she'll be feeling during the restorative process. First she moved part of the gown aside, placed her finger on Irvana's belly and cast a spell. Pale tissue began to restore and heal.

The healer moved onto her neck, gently moving aside the strands of black hair that was in the way. The wound was cleaned and healed and the blood and all trace of an attack had vanished entirely. The third work of magic was sent throughout her entire body and Irvana felt that it was meant to ease the pains could've acquired during the attack.

After that, she sat back at her heels and smiled at Irvana. Irvana returned the smile and her eyes sparkled with what one could assume was hope and gratitude. "I feel amazing. Thank you so much, Abiene."

Abiene heard something, and Irvana did too. She turned her attention at the door and then back at the healer kneeling before her. She nodded. "I am hungry," she said. "And thirsty. Very thirsty. I would be delighted in trying out the broth."

She added. "And perhaps we can get to know each other better, no? I know we just met but I already consider you friend. Especially after what you've done for me."

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: May 25 2013, 10:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

43 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:01 AM