> What are you playing?
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 6 2020, 09:31 PM
Post #4361

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Aug 6 2020, 02:40 PM) *

It does.

Also hear it's coming with trigger warnings.

It's a M rated vampire game, likely full of sex, drugs and blood. Do you REALLY need trigger warnings? You should know what to expect.

I suspect that, like the original, it’s going to deal with certain themes from real life society that are considered to be “controversial”. Hopefully it’ll stick pretty close the way the original Bloodlines handled satire of social issues and Bloodlines 2 won’t feel like we are sitting through a sermon. If you can watch the news and hear about a social issue, I’m expecting it’ll be touched on in the game in some way, for better or worse. Honestly, as long as there is no mention of COVID f-ing 19, I’ll be happy (although the Brotherhood of the 9th circle side quest is one of my favs!).

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 6 2020, 10:32 PM
Post #4362

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 6 2020, 04:31 PM) *

It does.

It's a M rated vampire game, likely full of sex, drugs and blood. Do you REALLY need trigger warnings? You should know what to expect.

I suspect that, like the original, it’s going to deal with certain themes from real life society that are considered to be “controversial”. Hopefully it’ll stick pretty close the way the original Bloodlines handled satire of social issues and Bloodlines 2 won’t feel like we are sitting through a sermon. If you can watch the news and hear about a social issue, I’m expecting it’ll be touched on in the game in some way, for better or worse. Honestly, as long as there is no mention of COVID f-ing 19, I’ll be happy (although the Brotherhood of the 9th circle side quest is one of my favs!).

I would not mind if there is a terrorist group called Confederation Of Viral Information Dissemination that is planning to release a biological weapon to kill all vampires.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 6 2020, 10:40 PM
Post #4363

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 6 2020, 04:32 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 6 2020, 04:31 PM) *

It does.

I would not mind if there is a terrorist group called Confederation Of Viral Information Dissemination that is planning to release a biological weapon to kill all vampires.

Lol!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Aug 7 2020, 07:31 PM
Post #4364

Master
Group Icon

That'd be amusing.

On an aside, three friends of mine got wow expansion beta.

One, is bent out of shape after his guild fell apart, and he won't play it or live version.

Two rarely have time to sit and play much less bug test a beta.

Meanwhile me, with 15 hour days available, can't get an invite to save myself.

Bring in the popcorn lads. I got the salt factory going.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 8 2020, 03:25 AM
Post #4365

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Aug 7 2020, 01:31 PM) *

That'd be amusing.

On an aside, three friends of mine got wow expansion beta.

One, is bent out of shape after his guild fell apart, and he won't play it or live version.

Two rarely have time to sit and play much less bug test a beta.

Meanwhile me, with 15 hour days available, can't get an invite to save myself.

Bring in the popcorn lads. I got the salt factory going.

Awww that sucks. Hope you get one!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 12 2020, 03:49 PM
Post #4366

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Playing buncha Duke Nukem 3D!

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 15 2020, 04:11 AM
Post #4367

Ancient
Group Icon

I spent a while playing Skyrim yesterday while trying to get a Kaelyn the Dove soundset working. Sadly, I have made very little progress with it so far. I have all the sound files in the right places, with the right names, etc... but they almost never play in the game. For a while I thought they might be the wrong bit rate, so I changed them to match those of the Viconia soundset (which do work). But still no joy.

And now it seems to be working, after doing nothing different from yesterday.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 15 2020, 11:47 AM
Post #4368

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 14 2020, 10:11 PM) *

And now it seems to be working, after doing nothing different from yesterday.

Ooo that’s super frustrating. C’est la vie, eh?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 26 2020, 01:00 AM
Post #4369

Ancient
Group Icon

With Heart of Winter put on ice, I am not sure what to start next. I am a little tired of the infinity engine style strategy games right now. I feel more like a 1st/3rd person action game. Renee's Miss Viscous puts me in the mood for some Fallout 3. January has not explored there yet.

OTOH, it has been a very long time since I have done either Mass Effect or Dragon Age: Origins. Naturally, January has not done either. I am thinking for Mass Effect, January would be either a straight solder, or the Solder/Biotic hybrid. I think its called a Vanguard? For Dragon Age she would be a human Warrior, maybe the Champion specialization, since that is most like a Paladin.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Aug 26 2020, 01:35 AM
Post #4370

Master
Group Icon

I'm playing TES:O on PC and Fire Emblem Heroes and Tom Clancy's Strike Force on mobile.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 26 2020, 01:44 AM
Post #4371

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 25 2020, 07:00 PM) *

With Heart of Winter put on ice, I am not sure what to start next. I am a little tired of the infinity engine style strategy games right now. I feel more like a 1st/3rd person action game. Renee's Miss Viscous puts me in the mood for some Fallout 3. January has not explored there yet.

OTOH, it has been a very long time since I have done either Mass Effect or Dragon Age: Origins. Naturally, January has not done either. I am thinking for Mass Effect, January would be either a straight solder, or the Solder/Biotic hybrid. I think its called a Vanguard? For Dragon Age she would be a human Warrior, maybe the Champion specialization, since that is most like a Paladin.

Vanguard is one of my favorite classes in the ME series! That and Infiltrator, which is not a biotic using class.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 26 2020, 01:46 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 26 2020, 02:15 AM
Post #4372

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 25 2020, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 25 2020, 07:00 PM) *

Vanguard is one of my favorite classes in the ME series! That and Infiltrator, which is not a biotic using class.

What I really want to play is an Asari Commando. But of course the game won't allow you to do that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 26 2020, 03:23 PM
Post #4373

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 25 2020, 08:15 PM) *
What I really want to play is an Asari Commando. But of course the game won't allow you to do that.

Nope. If you want to play ME, you’ll have to settle with being a boring ol’ human. tongue.gif

At least you get a female option, which in my opinion is the best option, because Jennifer Hale is so much better to listen to than the male VA.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 26 2020, 03:25 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 26 2020, 09:28 PM
Post #4374

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 26 2020, 10:23 AM) *

Nope. If you want to play ME, you’ll have to settle with being a boring ol’ human. tongue.gif

At least you get a female option, which in my opinion is the best option, because Jennifer Hale is so much better to listen to than the male VA.

When I was looking at mods yesterday I did see some that allow you to play different races, Asari, Turian, etc... But they are just replacers for the player's body. The game still refers to you as a human.

The male voice actor is about as engaging as the teacher in Ferris Bueller who just continually calls out Bueller's name as he takes the roll.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 26 2020, 11:19 PM
Post #4375

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 26 2020, 03:28 PM) *

When I was looking at mods yesterday I did see some that allow you to play different races, Asari, Turian, etc... But they are just replacers for the player's body. The game still refers to you as a human.

The male voice actor is about as engaging as the teacher in Ferris Bueller who just continually calls out Bueller's name as he takes the roll.

I guess you could “pretend” that the other characters refer to you as what you are playing, but then the whole being a member of Humanity’s Navy as a non human might be kinda hard for me to ignore.

Also, Ben Stein says “Ow.” tongue.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 26 2020, 11:28 PM
Post #4376

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 26 2020, 06:19 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 26 2020, 03:28 PM) *

I guess you could “pretend” that the other characters refer to you as what you are playing, but then the whole being a member of Humanity’s Navy as a non human might be kinda hard for me to ignore.

Also, Ben Stein says “Ow.” tongue.gif

I was wrong. I freely admit it. Ben Stein is a much better voice actor... My apologies Ben. You had a fun gameshow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 3 2020, 09:01 PM
Post #4377

Ancient
Group Icon

A remaster of the Nintendo64 classic first person shooter Perfect Dark... on... XBox360. Yeah.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Sep 4 2020, 04:03 PM
Post #4378

Master
Group Icon

Animal Crossing New Horizons I tried to fight it off but it was to much to resist.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Sep 21 2020, 09:18 PM
Post #4379

Master
Group Icon

I just did something rather foolish. (Well okay, I'm always doing foolish things.) I bought Train Simulator 2021 plus one of its DLC off Steam. This all came about after seeing a number of YouTube TS2021 videos that showed markedly better graphics than what I saw back when deciding between Trainz 2019 and TS2020. Some add-on Train Simulator steam locomotives look applicably better than their Trainz counterparts, thanks mainly to improved lighting and shadows. (Maybe more than that, but those are obvious.) What's more, TS2021 has a Steam Workshop component. I found some nice free add-ons there. Trainz still has TS2021 beat in certain aspects. That's okay, since I now have both. I just hope I enjoy the new purchase enough to get my money's worth out of it. <crosses fingers>

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Sep 22 2020, 03:16 PM
Post #4380

Master
Group Icon

Blizzard has announced it's virtual BlizzCon for next year(February)! But still can't give us a date for the pre expansion patch with all the new stuff.

Typically they patch in an in game event and all the mechanics changes before the expack launches. Usually they give two week warning. They have not yet. And the expansion releases 27 October.... We're running out of time.

Oh and no beta access still. Lul.

But yeah still playing WoW with a touch of Skyrim. My game is slightly bugged and I'm bored of my current character but I dont want to fix my install because it'll break a large number of my mods...

Bug is where I start the game with a level up waiting for me, and I get super fast skill ups and less xp needed to level, so you level STUPIDLY fast. Only way to fix it that I've come across is to verify integrity of game files... which updates the game. My game hasn't been updated in about four months now and I'm terrified there's been a CC update since, which means my mods will break. I'm running a 270 something mod load order right now...

Sighs...

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 217 218 219 220 221 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:44 AM