Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> PSA About The Everything Thread...
Kiln
post Dec 26 2013, 12:48 PM
Post #1

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Alright guys, I hate to make this post but the fact is that lately the "Everything Thread" has gotten a bit out of hand. I'm not going to point any fingers because we're all sometimes guilty of it, but there have been some inappropriate posts made in the aforementioned thread within the last few months and various issues that could have been avoided between forum members have gone a step or two too far.

From this point on the mod/admin team will be deleting posts referencing male/female intimate parts and similarly adult posts. The Everything Thread is a place where a lot of freedom has been allowed to forum members as a venue to discuss random topics and basically just have fun/discuss everyday life. I don't want to see it closed but the fact of the matter is that about 8/10 times that we have a problem on these forums, it is due to an issue that can be directly linked to the Everything Thread.

The age old adage that is most appropriate here is that if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything or at least change the subject. These forums have been known for a long time as a place that people can go to escape the unfriendly behavior common on many larger forums and I'm proud of this reputation. That said, I'd like to preserve it as much as possible.

If anyone has an issue within a thread, please use the report function so that we can fix it. Quoting problematic posts should be avoided if possible in order to help us do our jobs more efficiently.

I know most of you well enough to understand that some of you won't like reading this but I think that it is important to note that this isn't a direct result of anyone or any single instance. This forum is glad to have every member that is has but at the same time we cannot allow threads that cause distress with this frequency among our members to stand.

Any questions, complaints, or concerns can be directed to the inbox of myself or any of the other moderators/admins. Thanks guys. This message isn't intended to discourage posting in the Everything Thread, only to ensure that the discussion remains respectful and follows a few very basic ground rules.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:31 PM