Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Oct 25 2013, 01:58 AM
Post #42

Forum Bard
Group Icon

How is the base game of Sims 3?

I thought about getting it before but don't want to have to buy DLC in order for it to feel like a full game.

Also, can you directly control the Sims like in Sims 2 or is it like the first one where you just click and tell them what to do?

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 25 2013, 02:10 AM
Post #43

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Oct 24 2013, 08:58 PM) *

How is the base game of Sims 3? I thought about getting it before but don't want to have to buy DLC in order for it to feel like a full game.

You don't need to buy DLC for it, it's a pretty full game with lots to do, and I'm not sure if you're on PC or not, but on PC it's open-world. There's a lot of things I can do on PC that the console versions could not do. I can outline some of these things tomorrow perhaps, but right now I'm aiming for bed. biggrin.gif

You don't have to buy DLC for it, but I went ahead and got Seasons last week. I've been wanting Seasons for a long time, but it's not available on consoles. This DLC adds different seasons (of course), a variety of weathers, and the effects of such on our Sims. So sunburns, freezing, catching colds (etc.) are possible.

Also, can you directly control the Sims like in Sims 2 or is it like the first one where you just click and tell them what to do?

It's like the first one, so no direct-control; only point and click. I don't remember whether the first Sims and Sims 2 featured Free Will or not, but in Sims 3 we can crank this up all the way, and if we don't give them a command, after awhile they'll do their own thing (which we can try to interrupt at any time with a point and click).

I was kinda missing the direct-control of Sims 2, but I've been used to gaming without it for years, now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Oct 25 2013, 03:49 AM
Post #44

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Thanks. I might check it out but I'm not sure. I used to like The Sims a lot back in the day but haven't played in years now.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 25 2013, 07:51 AM
Post #45

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Yes!!! biggrin.gif Great pixies, Renee! I´m so glad you´re enjoying your new, snazzy PC happy.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 27 2013, 12:27 PM
Post #46

Councilor
Group Icon

I got up early this morning, made waffles for breakfast, and now I'm eating while playing some Sims 3. smile.gif

Nothing exciting is going on atm. Ashe Hull is about to start another week of power-work. She's a Workaholic and a Loner, so I decided to get her a computer. A laptop. She works at home occasionally, for hours and hours. She just made 384 Simoleans while doing so.

She's made a lot of money over the summer, and she's got over 4 grand saved. It's possible to buy lots (parcels of land) in the PC version of S3, which is probably what she's going to do. Lots are cheaper than actual houses, she can buy a lot for just over 2,000 Simoleans. In contrast, houses start at about 17,000 iirc. After Ashe buys her land, she's going to start building her own house here. This is where it's going to get really cool. I have no idea what sort of house to build.

I'm actually thinking of building a home similar to one I've seen in one of the better neighborhoods nearby me, but I don't know which house yet. I might go out driving around with my cell camera this week, find a cool-looking house, and take a pic of this house (from a safe distance). Then I'll try to replicate the look and layout of Ashe's dream home.

IPB Image

The house they live in now (pictured above) is a starter; one of the houses that is pre-built at the start of the game. It's narrow and gets cramped sometimes. Thank goodness none of my current Sims are slobs! Anyways, instead of buying another house (or modifying the one they live in now), Ashe is going to buy a lot. Then she'll be able to build her dream house slowly.

Connie Lingus is the world's greatest schmoozer. She don't work, don't have a desire to work, and why should she? Ashe makes plenty for the both of them!

IPB Image

At this moment, here we see that the showerhead has sprung a leak. There's a repairwoman trying to fix this, but can't get anything done because Connie won't let her! She keeps chatting and chatting with the poor woman. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Oct 27 2013, 12:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 27 2013, 12:54 PM
Post #47

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Great update, Renee smile.gif And I love how you incorporate the pixies like that. Looking forward to see Ashe´s new lot and eventually her house as it gets built.

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 27 2013, 01:45 PM
Post #48

Councilor
Group Icon

Sims is a different sort of gaming than ES and FO for sure, it's hard to explain. You should eventually get this game, mirocu (or at least rent it to see if you'll like it). You can create a Sim, I'd love to see what you come up with.

And I promise not to give you any [censored] about creating additional Sims. ha ha

That repairwoman got frustrated and left. She fixed the TV, but still hasn't fixed the shower! All 'cause of Connie's desire to be popular. And in the picture below, here we see Connie trying to chat with yet another Sim in Central Park, but it's raining outside, so the other Sim seems to be getting frustrated. See the red symbols above their heads? that means the Sims are having a bad interaction.

IPB Image

I love customizing clothes, and Connie's now wearing her Daisy Duke outfit. :yuck: She is also barefoot. I wonder if she's going to catch another cold due to the rain?

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Oct 27 2013, 02:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Oct 27 2013, 01:57 PM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

I've got so many pics on my phone lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Oct 27 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

Be awed by the cuteness!!!

IPB Image

--------------------
Bruh ☠ï¸
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 27 2013, 02:04 PM
Post #51

Councilor
Group Icon

Well I'd love to see some, hon. smile.gif

Edit: Holy crap, Kobby! Dayum I forgot about Pets. I gotta get this DLC next!

Edit 2: Ashe Hulll came home early and caught Connie Lingus cheating with the maid! I'll put a screenie up later, sorry I keep putting these up, but it's so easy on PC. Anyways, Ashe gave Connie hell, and so now they broke up. :cry: I looked in their friends list and they've gone from "Romantic Interests" to "Acquaintances".

I admit I manipulate some situations, but in this case it's all Free Will, so whether or not Connie and Ashe become friends again? I'm not sure what's gonna happen. Right now Connie is on the laptop, creating an online profile so she can start dating. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Oct 27 2013, 02:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 27 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #52

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Connie is hot as hell! biggrin.gif Is she by any chance designed after you, Renee? hubbahubba.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 29 2013, 12:49 AM
Post #53

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 27 2013, 12:06 PM) *

Connie is hot as hell! biggrin.gif Is she by any chance designed after you, Renee? hubbahubba.gif

lOL not even close! Good lord, if I looked that hot, I wouldn't be here playing video games so often. I was better-looking when I was younger, but I didn't look like Connie. smile.gif

Tonight there are some interesting developments.

1). Not sure if I mentioned it or not, but Ashe and Connie had a thing going, and Ashe caught Connie with the maid. So I RP'd that Ashe demanded Connie get a job or move out. Connie is supposed to be looking for a job on the computer, but instead she opened up a profile on an online dating service.

2). She got 4 responses from the service. Since all 4 Sims left interesting messages (I'd like to get closer to you, etc.) she responded to all 4 of these Sims. laugh.gif So Connie could possibly have 4 dates, while trying to look for a job. panic.gif

3). Connie's not the only one who's having fun. Out of the blue, a Sim named Monika Morris called Ashe Hull. wub.gif Asked her on a date. I am not entirely sure what's going on now, but Ashe had a spontaneous moment: left home to take a limousine to a nearby art gallery. I've never seen this spontaneity from her before (or Connie for that matter). Edit: Apparently the trip to the art gallery WAS her date. Once she got there, a message showed up from Monika that she got 'caught up in something'.

Poor Ashe. She got stood up by another Sim. dry.gif

4). Ashe already made her Lifetime Wish. She's become CEO of a Corporation. This happened a little too fast on PC; On consoles the career-climbing seemed to be slower.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Oct 29 2013, 12:53 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 2 2013, 03:20 PM
Post #54

Councilor
Group Icon

Here are some of my latest Sims 3 moments.

1). Apparently we can get some meds in the game to cure sickness. Now that Fall has begun in-game, the hospital is finally offering flu shots. Ashe went ahead and got a shot, and Princess will also do so on the weekend, but Connie is too much of a space cadet. She hasn't even found a job yet. laugh.gif

2). Now that Fall has begun, leaves start piling up on the ground, and some of the Sims rake these up. It's not 100% realistic (the animations for all this) but eventually there will be a large pile of leaves somewhere, and the Sims can play in this. I haven't seen any leaves change color on trees yet, that would be really neat if this happens.

3). Just before summer ended there were a couple hail storms. This time, the animation is pretty realistic, as chunks of hail fall on the ground and bounce everywhere!

4). Connie's girlfriend is still the maid. She's had her second date with this maid (whose name is Kate). During the date, which was in a park, Connie started flirting with yet another Sim! Although I usually let her do her own thing, I had to interrupt that moment!

>>> I like to think that my Sims game is rather like a reality show, and I happen to be the director/producer of this show. :lmao: So when I 'interrupt' something, I'm RPing that (as the producer) I am giving my Sims some advice, to keep the shows ratings from falling.

5). I haven't figured out how to sell items yet, so whenever something gets replaced in their home, I tend to just drag it out into the yard. I moved their old shower out there, right in the middle of some grass. Connie and Ashe seem to love it out there; they actually prefer taking showers outdoors. :ermm:

6). Ashe bought a second plot of land. The first one she bought was a plot she found online--she went on her laptop and found an option to buy land. Anyways, at first I had no idea where the land she just bought was, and I accidently bought another plot of land after exploring the town a bit. So now she's got two plots of land, which means she can eventually build two houses if she wants to. I put flooring down for one of these future houses. biggrin.gif

Also, for those who don't know it yet, my first PC mods are for Sims 3. I'm slowly turning into a modding queen, folks. So far, the mods I've DL'd include a No Intro mod (disables the game's intro movie), a No Pixelation (nude) mod, a height-slider mod (this makes new Sims taller or shorter, I haven't used it yet, though), a mod which I can use to play my own music in the game (this assumes a stereo is nearby--my music will play out of this stereo), Longer Seasons (the default for Seasons is 28 days max. With this mod Seasons can last up to 84 days), Sims Life Aging Mod (SLAM, this is what I used to make them live longer), and a mod which gives new babies Zodiac signs that match the actual month they are born in. Since Connie and Ashe haven't had any babies, this mod lies dormant for now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 2 2013, 05:09 PM
Post #55

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Interesting updates, Renee smile.gif But did you really have to download that nude mod? laugh.gif

Btw, I´m expecting some pixes! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 2 2013, 11:17 PM
Post #56

Councilor
Group Icon

Lol, can't do that, sir! My suggestion is to try buying the game. cool.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Nov 2 2013, 11:22 PM
Post #57

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 2 2013, 04:09 PM) *

Interesting updates, Renee smile.gif But did you really have to download that nude mod? laugh.gif

Btw, I´m expecting some pixes! biggrin.gif

"Immersion"
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Nov 2 2013, 11:25 PM
Post #58

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 2 2013, 09:09 AM) *

did you really have to download that nude mod?

Yep. I knew you were going to say that. smile.gif

Speaking for myself, the pixellation was disturbing. That horrible effect took me right out of the game every time. So the one and only mod Sims 3 I've ever installed was a nude mod.

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: Nov 2 2013, 11:25 PM
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 2 2013, 11:30 PM
Post #59

Spam Meister
Group Icon

You do realize that for someone from the outside it does appear a bit suspicious that´s the only mod you downloaded? hehe.gif

And Renee, I wasn´t talking about the nude mod when I asked you to take pixies. I meant taking pixies from what you wrote about their lives! rollinglaugh.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Nov 2 2013, 11:33 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Nov 2 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

I'll probaly post content here too.

I don't use any mods although that No Intro mod is very bloody tempting.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:14 PM