15 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Things, post something you've never seen before in Cyrodiil
Renee
post Jun 28 2014, 04:47 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

You'd think that after years of playing this game that it's silly to open a thread like this, perhaps. But even after 5 and a half years, I just found a couple new things I've never seen before.

1). Kahreem found the Surilie Brother's house, and walked right in. The place is unlocked. On the downstairs table is some sort of deed for furniture bought from Colovian Traders, similar to the deeds we get when we upgrade one of our char's homes. I've personally never seen one of deeds in an NPC's house.

2). There's a door on the second floor of Two Sister's Lodge, if you walk through this door you are now on a balcony outside of the inn. Look across the street, and there's another balcony, and this belongs to the Surilies. It's possible to jump from one balcony to the next. Small detail, but it's something I've never done before. Kinda neat.

Kahreem used both balconies to keep watch on Bernadette Peneles's house from a safe distance.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 28 2014, 01:55 PM
Post #2

Paladin
Group Icon

Nice idea for a thread, Renee! Buffy gets excited every time she finds a waterfall but I'm confident we have them all noted.

I think her latest 'new' discovery was 'Bunk beds' that she discovered within a vanilla fort a couple months ago.

The name of the fort:

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jun 28 2014, 03:05 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Oh, bunk beds, I also discovered them with Raven for the first time in the previous year, I had to check whether they are a part of some mod because I used a few that altered forts' interiors - it was nice to find out that they're vanilla.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Jun 28 2014, 03:06 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 28 2014, 03:34 PM
Post #4

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Can´t remember if Lothran has found the deed at Surilie and the bunk beds but it´s very possible he did that long ago smile.gif

Like I said in the update threads, I just recently met the son to the count of Bravil! After 2000 hours it´s such a treat to meet someone you really haven´t talked to before! IPB Image

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 29 2014, 01:36 AM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

Bunk beds??? ohmy.gif Wow. And the naysayers try to claim Oblivion's lairs are nothing but cut 'n' paste, the fools!

Kahreem met the Bravil Count's son awhile back, after finding the guy in a skooma den. I suppose Lothie doesn't break into skooma dens too often, eh? biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 29 2014, 04:08 PM
Post #6

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jun 29 2014, 02:36 AM) *

Kahreem met the Bravil Count's son awhile back, after finding the guy in a skooma den. I suppose Lothie doesn't break into skooma dens too often, eh? biggrin.gif

Nope, he just pity the fools trying to biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 30 2014, 12:59 AM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

The Imperial Bridge Inn. It's in the middle of nowhere, right alongside a river. I'm almost positive I've never been here before, even with Saga. It's so new to me, I was unsure if it's added by a mod or not. UESP definitely lists it in the vanilla game, though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 30 2014, 01:19 AM
Post #8

Paladin
Group Icon

Renee, initially I was surprised you had not encountered this inn before. Then I remember that you probably have your patented no-compass/tape mod in effect. wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jun 30 2014, 08:24 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

It's not really a new thing but I know for certain that there's at least one settlement I've never been to. It is located somewhere west of a road leading to Bruma and if I remember correctly from reading about it on the UESP, it's a part of some Daedric quest. Well, so far, none of my charcters found this place.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 30 2014, 01:46 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

I know the one you mean. If you take the road north to Bruma, it is off to the left, nestled against a cliff side. I think there is only one path into the town. Bleaker's Way! That's the name.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 30 2014, 01:56 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

That piece of the map looks like it was revised and the road in and out obliterated. There's a cave nearby called "Unmarked Cave" which is almost entirely inaccessible (locked doors with no key etc.) - believed part of a unfinished/deleted quest. At least the shrine associated is reachable!

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 4 2014, 03:27 AM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh wow, I knew of Bleaker's Way (I love this hidden hamlet), but did not know of the Unmarked Cave. Weird.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 29 2014, 08:19 PM) *

Renee, initially I was surprised you had not encountered this inn before. Then I remember that you probably have your patented no-compass/tape mod in effect. wink.gif

On PC, my electrical tape mod has now become a high-fangled combination of two mods: No Compass POI (this gets rid of the GPS effect which automatically detects different settlements, caves, ruins, etc.) and HUD Status Bars. HUD Status Bars allows an option to change the compass to 4 different options: Vanilla, Skyrim, Darnified, and ... one other option I'm forgetting. I think. I can't get rid of it entirely, but I chose HUD's Darnified Compass option, which changes the rectangular compass into a circular device, like an ordinary compass.

I love it. It's damn-near useless now, that compass on the bottom of my screen! No more directions, no more quest locations, no more automatic locating of buildings & caves. Finally! .. I will have to post a pic to show you all what I mean.

On-topic: one of the new places I've been with Renee recently is Sage Glen Hollow. It's a cave that the Renee Power Trio did not investigate too thoroughly, but it's got a name that's unusual for Cyrodiil. Usually caves are 'Haunted" or "Abandoned" or "Cursed". Sage Glen Hollow sounds like an aromatherapy shop. Or a pleasant suburb full of cookie-cutter homes.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Jul 4 2014, 03:29 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 4 2014, 10:00 AM
Post #13

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Last night I found The Importance of Where. First time I see this book! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jul 4 2014, 10:01 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 16 2014, 12:31 AM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha! Just learned what Rally is for. Stopping NPCs who flee, including those who see us committing crimes. This is one of those spells none of mine have never used. :yes:

There was also an Imperial Forester following Renee and her crew as they walked from Bravil to Pell's Gate. This forester seems to have been affected by MMM because every time Renee stopped, the forester stopped. He would then draw his bow or make some other action, and act as if he were searching for something. If Renee walked, the forester would walk. She did not attempt to add him to her party (via CM Partners) matter of fact, CMP doesn't even give us an option to hire guards.

Anyways, the 'new thing' was this. When Renee got close to the forester he said "Shhh, you'll spook the deer." rollinglaugh.gif This is vanilla too. He had the vanilla Imperial voice.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Jul 16 2014, 01:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 30 2014, 12:37 AM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

This one is a New Thing added by mods.

I've got MMM's farm animals option ticked on. Tonight Saga is heading back toward Skingrad, and there was a cow running around at full speed. Freaked out about something! .. There were no enemies nearby though. Anyways, the cow runs toward one of the vineyards, and winds up just STOPPING all-the-sudden. It stopped, and started eating some grass. I thought 'huh, that's strange'.

But it got stranger. Tilmo and one of the grape-pickers start running towards the cow. Tilmo starts beating on it with his fists, and the other guy starts shooting arrows at it. blink.gif I'm thinking what the [censored]??

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 30 2014, 01:13 AM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

Well, I guess now we know how a pregnant cow moves... wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 30 2014, 10:07 PM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

That woulda been so funny, if one of the NPCs actually said that. You moooove like a pregnant cow! Aw, that would have been too much.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Aug 2 2014, 06:12 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

Hidden Lake within Sideways cave. Hard to believe I wouldn't have run into that before, perhaps I merely forgot. Anyways, went in there today and was shocked to find more.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 3 2014, 11:58 AM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

I've only been in Sideways Cave once. smile.gif It was awhile back so I don't remember much about it, but I know a lot of people rave about that location.

Here is my New Thing of the day. Check this out. Trenus is the skooma-addicted son of the Bravil count. Look at Trenus's shoes though. rollinglaugh.gif Seems maybe he doesn't mind wearing women's flats. laugh.gif

That's from my PC game, so at first I thought this might be mod-related, but in this game (Snaaty's game) there is no Better Cities. Better Cities is the only possible mod which could affect Trenus, I believe. So it makes me wonder if he also wears those shoes in my Xbox games.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Aug 3 2014, 12:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 3 2014, 03:53 PM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

Renee, I checked and Trenus does wear the Russet Felt Shoes. That’s quite a fashion statement! Kind of a little reward for checking out Cyrodiil’s underbelly. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

15 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:46 AM