Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
Decrepit
post Jan 16 2021, 03:47 PM
Post #4521

Master
Group Icon

Eureka! I solved it! TS2021 railway carriage corruption is no more. smile.gif

I own four SteamStore (SS) Caledonian Grampian carriage packs and two SteamSoundsSupreme (SSS) Caledonian Grampian carriage packs. Early on, I wondered if maybe SS and SSS pack conflicted. SSS pack manuals don't mention the possibility. Plus, with SSS providing two fewer packs, surely half my Cal-Gramp carriages ought to be okay? None were.

I did a little research. Turns out each SS pack contains 10 carriages. Each SSS pack contain 20. Ergo, both SS and SSS provide 40 carriages. I disabled all four SS pack via TS2021 Steam DLC window. Launched the game. Loaded a QuickDrive that utilizes Cal-Gramps. They're there, sans corruption. All of them, so far as I can tell. I just wish SSS stated that its product replaces/conflicts with SS Cal-Gramps, rather than complements them as I assumed. Luckily it's no great financial waste. I'm fairly certain I bought all four SS packs for $2.49US each on sale. (Even at full price they cost $4.99US each.)

Still haven't figured out why the "Spinner" locomotive doesn't move beyond a snail's pace in that one scenario (but drives like a champ elsewhere). found the loco's 'hand-brake, which I though might be set to 'on'. Sadly, it seems as if the hand-brake is for show only. I couldn't make it turn, despite indication that it ought to.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 16 2021, 04:42 PM
Post #4522

Paladin
Group Icon

Whew, glad you were able to get that glitch worked out and can get back to having fun!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 16 2021, 09:17 PM
Post #4523

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 16 2021, 09:42 AM) *

Whew, glad you were able to get that glitch worked out and can get back to having fun!

Thanks. It wasn't that big a deal, yet in some sense it was. As a bonus, I solved another railway coach malfunction, aso due to SteamStore/SteamSoundsSurpreme conflicts. This one appeared very early in my TS2021 'career'. At the time, I wrote it off as a defective carriage set, then proceeded to forget its existence. Knowing what I know now, I removed the two SteamStore packs, which allows the SteamSoundsSupreme packs to function. Thank goodness this appears to be that last of these snafus. <crosses fingers>

Drove an enjoyable Standard Scenario while ago. It takes place on the Ise of Wight, Britain. The train consisted of an LBSCR E4 tank loco pulling a string of SECR "Birdcage" coaches. I was skeptical of getting far in this scenario, as my experience with the E4 to-date hasn't been stellar, due to it relying on steam rather than vacuum brakes. To my surprise, steam brakes or no steam brakes, I had no problem driving it. Nor did I fall behind schedule, my most common failure. I admit to deliberately speeding to keep on schedule, but hey, it worked. I reached the scenario's final station with a few minutes to spare.

(image) Here's a 4n1 compilation of images captured during the run, one being of the scenario DEBRIEF screen. (image)

(YouTube) Here's a 6min 30sec video of a real LBSCR E4 in action. (YouTube)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 18 2021, 06:23 PM
Post #4524

Master
Group Icon

Sunday's one totally successful TS2021 Standard Scenario is seen below. Once again I resorted to speeding to meet timetable requirements. The loco is a (British) Stroudly A1X, also known as 'Terrier', due to a sound it makes.

(image) TS2021 - West Somerset Railway, World at War Gala (image)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 19 2021, 08:17 PM
Post #4525

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I just played game number 20000 of Windows Chess Titans level 3!

Yes indeed! I bought this computer in 2009 and decided to use it to play chess 20000 times tongue.gif Well, on lvl three anyway. I have an additional amount of plays on lvl one and two BUT WE WON'T MENTION THOSE.

Anyway; the semla I just happened to get today was a good way to celebrate! laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 19 2021, 10:23 PM
Post #4526

Master
Group Icon

Nice, mirocu! My Solitile rounds-played is in the thousands, but nowhere close to you. Course I rarely play Solitile anymore, except for infrequent mini-marathons.

Spent the entirety of my day, minus breakfast and a quick lunch, adding text narrative to what will be my first TS2021 YouTube episode. It's a simple driving practice session. No fancy camerawork. It's L O N G. 1hr 23min! As such, I'll break it into two separate episodes/uploads. By rights, I ought to have divided it by four. Had my internet service not upgraded this past year I'd have needed to sub-divide it into four episode minimum. Very possibly more, depending on upload resolution. In any case, I hope to have part-one over and done with either later today or sometime tomorrow. (I've a test upload version rendering at the moment. A thumbnail is already made. I need to type up a decent YouTube Description.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 20 2021, 06:02 PM
Post #4527

Master
Group Icon

For those who suffer from insomnia, I come to the rescue with a Train Simulator 2021 YouTube episode, documenting a QuickDrive session along Lenton-on-Sea Steam Workshop route. The train consists of a (British) Gresley GNR N2 0-6-2T steam locomotive in LNER apple green, pulling five Gresley Teak railway carriages. It begins at Jasper’s Slaughter House and ends at Fenbury, with four passenger stops in-between. Gods help us all, the drive continues in a future upload. Not originally intended for public consumption, production values are fairly basic, mainly views from the cab, that being how I prefer to drive steam locos. I find the journey compelling, yet admit to a certain bias. Either you enjoy this sort of thing or you don't. Which can be said of pretty much any and everything, come to think on it.

(YouTube Video) TS2021 - Driving Practice session - GNR N2 steam loco - Lenton-on-Sea Steam-Workshop route, part 1 (YouTube Video)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 20 2021, 06:43 PM
Post #4528

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 19 2021, 10:23 PM) *

Nice, mirocu! My Solitile rounds-played is in the thousands, but nowhere close to you. Course I rarely play Solitile anymore, except for infrequent mini-marathons.

I find these small games perfect for when I watch youtube in the evenings. And I watch A LOT of youtube! laugh.gif

Anyway, do you ever fire up Oblivion, Decrepit? I miss when you did kvleft.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jan 21 2021, 10:38 AM
Post #4529

Master
Group Icon

Rogue Company on the Switch and Xbox. Not a bad game it's nothing special but not bad for a free to play game.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 24 2021, 03:36 PM
Post #4530

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 20 2021, 11:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 19 2021, 10:23 PM) *

I find these small games perfect for when I watch youtube in the evenings. And I watch A LOT of youtube! laugh.gif

Anyway, do you ever fire up Oblivion, Decrepit? I miss when you did kvleft.gif

I racked up a great many Solitile games early on while listening to Michael Grant's The Twelve Caesars on audio-cassette. (Not, as you might suppose, a translation of Suetonius' title of the same name, but his on take, based on a blend of Suetonius, other semi contemporary historians/writers and modern evidence.) I don't know how many times I heard it to completion while playing Solitile. Quite a lot, which might be an understatement. Those cassettes eventually approached becoming unlistenable due to wear. Then my cassette deck gave up the ghost, with no reason to buy another beyond that one audio-book.

Yeah, it's been too long since I last visited Cyrodiil. Whenever I drop by again, I must remember to back out of a mod change that interferes with one of Vilja's functions.

Looks like I picked the wrong morning to drive steam locomotives. One fail after another. Mostly dumb mistakes I had no right to make. Threw in the towel. Might try again later today.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 26 2021, 06:43 PM
Post #4531

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 24 2021, 03:36 PM) *

I racked up a great many Solitile games early on while listening to Michael Grant's The Twelve Caesars on audio-cassette. (Not, as you might suppose, a translation of Suetonius' title of the same name, but his on take, based on a blend of Suetonius, other semi contemporary historians/writers and modern evidence.) I don't know how many times I heard it to completion while playing Solitile.

Nice. This reminds me of whenever I do 1500 pieces puzzles and listen to a compilation of Mozart, Bach etc. Very relaxing.

-------------------------

Star Wars: Rebellion

I am now working my way through the last core sector, and I am now starting to get attacked throughout the other ones. Luckily I have fleets in place just for this but sometimes, like today, I had to call in reinforcements from one sector to another in order to destroy the rebel fleet and take back the planet that was under attack. Both sector fleets are now repaired and reinforced.

Meanwhile, the Main Fleet is hovering over a planet currently occupied on which Vader and Palpie are conducting diplomacy in order to reduce the number of garrisons required. Main Fleet is btw complete now; two Interdictor Cruisers and fifteen Super Star Destroyers with a total of 180 TIE Defenders. It now requires a lot from the rebels to top that one.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 27 2021, 04:03 PM
Post #4532

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 26 2021, 11:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 24 2021, 03:36 PM) *

I racked up a great many Solitile games early on while listening to Michael Grant's The Twelve Caesars on audio-cassette. (Not, as you might suppose, a translation of Suetonius' title of the same name, but his on take, based on a blend of Suetonius, other semi contemporary historians/writers and modern evidence.) I don't know how many times I heard it to completion while playing Solitile.

Nice. This reminds me of whenever I do 1500 pieces puzzles and listen to a compilation of Mozart, Bach etc. Very relaxing.

-------------------------

Star Wars: Rebellion

I am now working my way through the last core sector, and I am now starting to get attacked throughout the other ones. Luckily I have fleets in place just for this but sometimes, like today, I had to call in reinforcements from one sector to another in order to destroy the rebel fleet and take back the planet that was under attack. Both sector fleets are now repaired and reinforced.

Meanwhile, the Main Fleet is hovering over a planet currently occupied on which Vader and Palpie are conducting diplomacy in order to reduce the number of garrisons required. Main Fleet is btw complete now; two Interdictor Cruisers and fifteen Super Star Destroyers with a total of 180 TIE Defenders. It now requires a lot from the rebels to top that one.

Bolded: “Aggressive negotiations”

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 29 2021, 08:38 PM
Post #4533

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 27 2021, 04:03 PM) *

“Aggressive negotiations”

Another term I believe is "advanced interrogation" tongue.gif

------------------------

I now own the entire core of the biggest galaxy in Star Wars: Rebellion. Skirmishes have been frequent these last sessions but no really big rebel fleet which disappoints me. Met the biggest one to date at the last core planet but even that was miniscule compared to my Main Fleet and the Super Star Destroyers didn't even have enough time to close in before the TIE Defenders had destroyed the entire rebel fleet.

Now is the time to go out into the Outer Rim in search of Skywalker, Mon Mothma and of course the rebel base.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 29 2021, 11:42 PM
Post #4534

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 29 2021, 01:38 PM) *

I now own the entire core of the biggest galaxy in Star Wars: Rebellion. Skirmishes have been frequent these last sessions but no really big rebel fleet which disappoints me. Met the biggest one to date at the last core planet but even that was miniscule compared to my Main Fleet and the Super Star Destroyers didn't even have enough time to close in before the TIE Defenders had destroyed the entire rebel fleet.

Now is the time to go out into the Outer Rim in search of Skywalker, Mon Mothma and of course the rebel base.

IPB Image

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 30 2021, 01:22 PM
Post #4535

Master
Group Icon

I've been playing Transport Fever hot & heavy since the beginning of the week, my first extended stay since mid 2020. I concentrated solely on adding scenery to a heretofore ignored section of the map. I have finally admitted to myself that the map is over and done with so far as improvements to its railway network are concerned. Too many serious errors in judgement early on. To rectify that, I'd need to strip large chunks of my tracks and railway stations to bare earth and start afresh. At that point I might as well begin afresh on a new map, where I would hopefully do better from the start. That's unlikely to happen. Besides, I still have lots of scenery to add to my current map. Speaking of which...

I have unleashed my first Transport Fever Scenic Excursions episode in months. A passenger train ride along a newly scenicked landscape, from Sittingbourne to Bebington and back again. Our first visit to Bebington. My first YouTube video posting as a septuagenarian, having turned seventy 28 Jan 2021:

(video) Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep42 - Train Ride Amid Newly Scenicked Landscape (video)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 4 2021, 07:55 PM
Post #4536

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 29 2021, 11:42 PM) *

IPB Image

cool.gif

First big space battle with the Main Fleet today, in the Outer Rim. Well, I say "big" but it wasn't an even match by a country mile. Though the Super Star Destroyers actually did some work for once and one of them even got a bit damaged, so that's something. But when you have 180 squadrons of TIE Defenders, not much is actually a problem and those Destroyers are more or less a backup just in case.
Luke Skywalker has been captured and was brought before the Emperor by Vader. Luke was confronted and captured by Palpatine and is now on his way to prison on Coruscant which btw is protected by a whopping 500 squadrons of TIE Fighters!

Two victory conditions left; capture Mon Mothma and destroy the hidden rebel HQ.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 4 2021, 08:20 PM
Post #4537

Ancient
Group Icon

IPB Image

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 5 2021, 04:59 AM
Post #4538

Master
Group Icon

Bought the original Xbox version of TESIII: Morrowind for the Xbox One X---talk about OOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLD.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Feb 5 2021, 04:59 AM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 5 2021, 05:07 AM
Post #4539

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Feb 4 2021, 09:59 PM) *

Bought the original Xbox version of TESIII: Morrowind for the Xbox One X---talk about OOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLD.

I first played Morrowind on XBox. It was a lot janky, but I loved it so much.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 5 2021, 05:14 AM
Post #4540

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 4 2021, 10:07 PM) *

I first played Morrowind on XBox. It was a lot janky, but I loved it so much.

I loved the music and atmosphere to the game plus it was my introduction to the Elder Scrolls series. I first saw it advertised on Toonami back in the day.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Feb 5 2021, 05:15 AM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 225 226 227 228 229 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:13 PM