Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Victorian Commonwealth: A Raider's Journey, *Warning!* Contains Raiders doing Raider type things!
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 29 2017, 06:50 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

Editor's Note: This publication is copied from a journal found by a traveling merchant on the road somewhere in The Commonwealth. It details the experience of Victoria, a young Raider woman. The original writings were full of profanity and described behavior of a rather savage nature. We have cleaned up the language and left out certain unsavory details of behavior we deemed too violent, sexual, and sometimes both simultaneously. Still, if you desire to read the original text as it was written, please PM me and I will send you a copy. Despite the author's objectional morals, we found the adventure described in this journal quite riveting. We, the publishers, believe that releasing the entries in a serial format would be most desirable, therefore, we will release the first two entries and then follow up with the rest at semi regular intervals. We hope you enjoy the story. Thank you.
-The Editor

Victoria's Scout Log

October 22, 2287

Finally! After months on the move, we arrived on the outskirts of Boston. Liams Own seems like such a long time ago, and we've done a lot of messed up crap on our trip east south east, but as Trixie likes to say, "that's how you survive in The Commonwealth". It's almost funny. We ended up just like the Raiders that burnt out Liams Own. Not that there's many of us left now. Of the 16 that escaped Liams Own together, only me, Trixie, Orson, Bagger, Trash, and Orson's dog, Jo, made it to the outskirts of Boston.

We arrived at an old power line tower on a hill northwest of the city just before full dark. Trash wants to celebrate and is already passing around something foul in an inhaler. Tomorrow Trixie wants me to go on a scouting mission to see if there are any easy targets to raid or structures to make a base of operations it of nearby. Maybe I'll even find some more blue paint for my face! My supply is running low. Man, sometimes I wish I had never seen that blue painted warrior woman in that Grognak comic. I love the look, but finding the paint is hard! Anyway, time to go party! Victoria out.

October 23, 2287

Woke up this morning after our little "celebration" last night and holy crap! I had myself one really weird dream! In it a man was looking into a mirror, his wife standing over his shoulder, and they were having a conversation. Something about a veteran's hall, whatever that is. Everything was really friggin' clean, and the couple looked like they were from the old days, you know, before the bombs fell. I can still see their faces so clearly! Then suddenly the woman walks in front of the mirror and her face transformed into mine! What the hell?! First and last time I do whatever that was in Trash's inhaler! Crap gives you weird dreams! Sometimes I wonder how she functions, being high on that crap all the time like she is.
After shooting the breeze with the crew, I made my way down the hill and crossed the little stream at its base. Found several cool things:
- Big structure built up on a power line tower surrounded by farmland to the southeast of our hill top camp. Maybe a good place for the crew to "check out" later, but I was looking for a place we wouldn't have to fight for while we gather our strength. Kept my distance for now.

- Slightly north of that, a water tower, and oddly enough, it had 4 canisters of purified water and an aid kit at its base and a half buried trunk nearby full of goodies!

- Old Red Rocket building just north of the water tower. Had a friendly dog there that helped me kill some molerats that ambushed us. He's my dog now, I guess. Gave him some roasted molerat for a job well done.

The building itself has a workshop, weapon and armor bench, barbecue spit, and a Chem production station (boy, Trash is gonna love that!). Threw my sleeping bag down in what was the office, rearranged the storage furniture, and I'm calling it home for now. Hell, it has everything we need!

- Pre War settlement on a lake called "Sanctuary Hills" to the northeast of the Red Rocket building. Didn't explore fully because of a robot hanging around the north side of the area. May come back with the crew later as it has potential to be an excellent base.

- Small encampment of 3 Raiders and a dog northeast of Red Rocket. They were all asleep so I tossed a molotov from a rock formation on the south side of the camp that took out two of them. Then I relocated to another rock formation on the north side of the camp and killed the last jerk and his dog with my bolt action rifle. Looted the corpses and returned to Red Rocket.

Well, when I returned to Red Rocket it was dark so I'm hitting the hay now. This PipBoy Trixie took off that Vault dweller we wasted on the road is really helping me with my scouting missions! Very pleased with its performance! This dog is also very smart! In addition to mauling people on command, he can find and pick stuff up! Very useful mutt! Tomorrow I'll head back to our camp under the power line tower and report my findings to Trixie. Hopefully they don't all get wasted tonight. This area seems peaceful, but trouble could pop up at any moment. Victoria out.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 29 2017, 11:53 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Awesome! I'm looking forward to the next entry.

Blue suits Victoria, she has a psychotic expression on her face in the first pic. Her fellow raiders look badass too.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 29 2017, 12:48 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, I concur with Lopov. Khajiit's new story is fun to read. I like the inhaler-inspired dream most of all, and I hope she finds some blue paint.

Khajiit must send me the unedited version too. The profanity would make her journal even better! Please send it to me! ... Another option would be to just write the story with bad words in it, and let Chorrol's swear filter catch them. I've done that in the past. It would be funny to read with the actual words in there though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 29 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

I like Vickie's look, with the blue Furiosa face paint on her forehead, and the Ragnar season 2 hair.

Oh cool, that is the Raider gang that lives by the electrical tower south west of Vault 111.

Grognak FTW!

Love the drug-induced dream of character creation.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 29 2017, 07:03 PM
Post #5

Paladin
Group Icon

Welcome to Victoria! So nice to see you sharing her story. I love her 'I kissed a smurf' colors! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 29 2017, 09:29 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

Thanks for the positive feedback folks. Khajiit thinks y'all will like 10/24/2287. Discoveries will be made, lives will be crushed! tongue.gif
We are currently sitting at about noon on Oct. 24th, so this one is not sure when the next entry will be out (we have the time scale set to 8, so days are fairly long; may need to adjust that later).

@Renee: Khajiit would be happy to send you the original. Would a PM suffice or is there another way you would like it delivered?

@SubRosa: Those are the Raiders you start with if you choose the "I was with a Raider gang" start with the mod Start Me Up. We've explored Vault 111 and made some interesting discoveries but we haven't gone very far into the MQ to see how they handled things beyond Vault 111.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 29 2017, 10:18 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 29 2017, 09:48 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 29 2017, 04:29 PM) *

Thanks for the positive feedback folks. Khajiit thinks y'all will like 10/24/17. Discoveries will be made, lives will be crushed! tongue.gif

We have to wait until October for your next entry?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 29 2017, 09:52 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 29 2017, 03:48 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 29 2017, 04:29 PM) *

Thanks for the positive feedback folks. Khajiit thinks y'all will like 10/24/17. Discoveries will be made, lives will be crushed! tongue.gif

We have to wait until October for your next entry?

Lol no it won't be that long! That's just where we are in the game!

*oops, Khajiit now realizes his error. That should've read 10/24/2287! Sorry! Fixed it in the post.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 29 2017, 10:19 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 31 2017, 08:52 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

*Update*
New entiries coming later this week. Either Wednesday or Thursday.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 4 2017, 03:27 AM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

October 24, 2287

What a friggin' terrible day.

It started like so many others before it. I woke up this morning and after a snack I decided to go on one more scouting mission before returning to the others at the power line camp. I found a shallow area I could cross in the stream that runs on the southeast corner of Sanctuary Hills and followed the opposite bank north, keeping my distance from the old pre war houses. On the northwest corner of the island I came to a steep drop off with another shallow stream to cross. This one was guarded by a trio of bloatflies. Mmm... tomorrow's lunch.

To the northwest of that is a makeshift shelter that at first appeared to be home to a Raider and her dog. I circled around and climbed a hill that stood over the structure. From the high ground I easily took out the woman, and her little dog too. When I went into the shelter there was another woman dead on a mattress with an injector of psycho beside her. Really strange. Didn't look like a junkie but the lack of other wounds indicated she OD'd. Took all their things and scouted the area east of there. Killed 3 feral dogs and some scaver who was taking target practice on some bottles set up on posts.

From there I back tracked past the makeshift shelter with the dead people in it and followed the stream around to the southwest. Then the path along the stream branched. I could go left over a little wooden bridge and head back to Sanctuary Hills or right up a hill to a billboard with that Vault stuff all over it near a chainlink fence and gate and a bunch of skeletons. I decided to go right.
Further up the track I discovered a Vault door. Guess those skeletons were the unlucky ones that didn't get into the vault. Just by the door there is a small structure with a button to open the Vault door. Will go back later after I get my head right and see if I can get into it. Might be some supplies or gear down there.

At the Vault site I found a road that leads back south. When I looked at the PipBoy map, I realized this route would bring me back to the vicinity of the power line camp! I took the road and it wasn't long until, sure enough, the power line tower was in sight through the trees. I killed some molerats on the way but as I neared the camp, the area seemed oddly quiet. No Orson laughing hard at a joke Bagger made, no conversation, nothing. When I finally reached the clearing beside the camp, I understood why. They were all dead.

Wiped out. All of them. Orson, Trixie, Bagger, and Jo were laying under the tower around the campfire, and I found Trash down the hill by the stream. Who or whatever attacked the camp had friggin' cut her head off! In a daze, I arranged the bodies on top of the hill in a row, dragged Trash's body up the hill, put it in line with the others, and then went and retrieved her head. With all their bodies together (I put Trash's head near her neck. Seemed like the right thing to do), I dropped to one knee, said a tearful farewell, and then left them where they lay. It strikes me now, looking back on it, as odd that their gear wasn't looted. In any case, I am now the only living survivor of Liams Own.

I spent the rest of the day alternately moping around, working on some improvements to the structure (like a scaffold that allows me to reach the roof top), and just thinking about what I should do next. Was thinking if I find some nice clothes, I'll go to the farm to the southwest and see what kind of folks are there. Or maybe I should go to that Vault I found earlier and see what's down there. I dunno. Now it's time to sleep. I'll decide in the morning what to do. Victoria out.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 4 2017, 07:34 AM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

October 25, 2287

Well now that I'm on my own, I decided that the first thing I should do is determine whether or not the folks at that farm are likely to attack me. I went to Sanctuary Hills and rummaged around in some of the houses I hadn't explored yet, still keeping my distance from that robot. I know he had to have noticed me when I was attacked by some bloatflies but he didn't come after me. Some of these old robots can be friendly so tomorrow I may try and talk to it. Found a white t-shirt and some tan colored pants in pristine condition in one of the houses. Nice clothes, check.

With my new duds secured I went back to Red Rocket, cleaned the blue paint and grime from my face, bathed in the nearby lake (took some rads but I smell better, haha) and washed and arranged my hair. Put on my new clothes, which surprisingly fit, checked myself out in the mirror I hung above my sleeping bag (holy crap, I clean up fairly nice! Too bad I couldn't hide the scars on my face though), and made my way southwest. It was time for the wolf to meet the sheep.

I approached the farm acting as unthreatening as I could, praying to any wasteland gods listening that the dog behaved himself and didn't start a gunfight. The man there was suspicious at first, but my unthreatening posture and clean cut appearance convinced him I was ok, just as I intended. The guy's name is Abernathy. He lives there with his wife Connie, and their daughter Lucy. They have a cat, Maisie, and a brahmin named Clarabell. The animals would be a welcome source of meat if things get hard (though that cat is actually pretty friggin' cute!).

Abernathy told me they grow tatos and melons at the farm, and I noticed they have a water pump too. I took a swig from it and no one seemed to mind (hey, free clean water!). He also told me that they had an older daughter but apparently the dumb girl tried to stand up to some hardcases from an old military base not far from here. Asked me to get a locket back that they took from her corpse. If they turn out to be jerks and I have to kill them all, and the locket isn't worth much, I might even give it back to them. Score some points.

The daughter Lucy needed help picking melons and offered me 4 caps for each one I brought her. I turned on my charm and talked her into 5 caps, all the while wondering just how many caps she had on her and also how lucky this cute young thing got that she's standing here making deals with me and not Orson. The deals Orson made with folks (especially females) weren't usually very pleasant for the person he was making the deal with.

Connie clued me in on some other things too. She buys and sells supplies at Abernathy Farm and told me they eat what they need of their crops and trade the rest in a place called "Diamond City", which is apparently the biggest settlement in the whole Commonwealth. I should probably try to find this place soon and see what kind of services are there. Feeling a little... weird tonight and I should probably have a doctor look at me at some point.

The big structure that serves as the Abernathys' farmhouse has a roof top area that makes a good watchtower. To the southwest I spied some sort of industrial warehouse and to the west northwest is a little ranger cabin. The cabin seemed the least risky so I checked it out. Nothing but a few bloatflies, a skeleton on a mattress, some assorted junk, and a magazine. There was a tape in a suitcase near the skeleton. Might play it when I get back to RR.

After that I returned home and had a smoke while I collected my thoughts. I tried quitting them but the past few days have really stressed me out! Tomorrow I'll go and try talking to that robot over in Sanctuary Hills. Also, now that I feel confident the folks at Abernathy won't attack me, I'll probe further into the decent sized town to the southeast. After that is scouted and I feel secure, I'll check out what's in the Vault to the northwest. Victoria out.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 4 2017, 07:37 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 4 2017, 05:22 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

She mentions killing a scaver as casually like she had just killed a bloatfly. laugh.gif

Are those raiders supposed to die because of some mod scenario or did something in fact attacked them?

Victoria 'disguised' herself really good - not a trace left of her raider brutality.

I wonder for how long will she let Abernathy's at life - probably as long as they'll be useful to her.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 4 2017, 06:57 PM
Post #13

Paladin
Group Icon

Aww, sorry Victoria lost her friends. kvright.gif

But, as she says, she does clean up pretty well and this family she came across seems just the right thing for the moment.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 4 2017, 07:01 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 4 2017, 11:22 AM) *

She mentions killing a scaver as casually like she had just killed a bloatfly. laugh.gif

Are those raiders supposed to die because of some mod scenario or did something in fact attacked them?

Victoria 'disguised' herself really good - not a trace left of her raider brutality.

I wonder for how long will she let Abernathy's at life - probably as long as they'll be useful to her.

Re: the Raiders at the power line
The mysterious God of the Console Command must have visited his wrath upon them biggrin.gif
Leaving them alive posed a narrative problem. You see, while the mod makes them non hostile, they will not interact with you in any meaningful way. Indeed, they will not even respond to you if you activate them. So, it wouldn't make much sense for the crew to rough it on the hill when they could have a much better home at Red Rocket, but with no way to send them there... Yes, Khajiit staged the massacre at the power line camp. This one supposes he could have used the creation kit to "move" them to Red Rocket, but honestly, Khajiit wanted to explore how Victoria reacts when she no longer has Trixie and the others to influence her; let her see that she has options to murdering anyone that gets in her way. Khajiit was partially inspired to do this playthrough based on some of the things our characters can overhear Raiders saying. Things like "It wasn't personal. It was him or me." and "I hope the next one dies clean.". Will she continue down her current dark path or will she regain a bit of her lost humanity and find redemption in helping others? Time will tell!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 4 2017, 07:44 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 4 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 4 2017, 12:57 PM) *

Aww, sorry Victoria lost her friends. kvright.gif

But, as she says, she does clean up pretty well and this family she came across seems just the right thing for the moment.

She's actually quite pretty! Even with the facial scars! Also Khajiit was not trying to make some statement about there being a correlation between "gingers" and evil deeds! laugh.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 4 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

Phew, Khajiit writes a very intense tale today. I totally did not see her camp getting wiped out. Who did such a thing? Or what?

Edit: and yes I agree with the others, she does clean up really nicely. She looks like the result of one of those cheesy 'makeover' shows: Jenny Jones or Ricki Lake, ha ha. No seriously. what a change.

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 4 2017, 08:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 4 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 4 2017, 01:57 PM) *

Phew, Khajiit writes a very intense tale today. I totally did not see her camp getting wiped out. Who did such a thing? Or what?

Edit: and yes I agree with the others, she does clean up really nicely. She looks like the result of one of those cheesy 'makeover' shows: Jenny Jones or Ricki Lake, ha ha. No seriously. what a change.

You are really just supposed to use your imagination about who or what killed the crew. The evidence seems to suggest either a technological faction such as the Brotherhood or Synths (because none of the gear was looted; Brotherhood and Synths both have access to far superior weapons, armor, and consumables), or Super Mutants (because they just don't give a crap). But who knows?! Maybe it was a mysterious stranger! The point is that Victoria doesn't and will never know exactly what went down at the power line camp. All she cares to know is that it happened and now she's got to survive on her own or with the help of any strangers she can mooch off of until she's strong enough to betray and take everything from them. Or at least that was her determination when she woke up on October 25th. Who knows if she'll stick to that or not...

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 4 2017, 08:50 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 4 2017, 10:36 PM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow, two updates in one day. I would say too bad about Vickies Raider buddies. But well... the truth is the Commonwealth is better off without them in it.

Vick does clean up really good. She even looks respectable. Like Lopov, I wonder how long the Abernathy's will survive having Vickie as their neighbor. She is a lot like Loviatar, who also likes to play nice at first, but only get the lay of the land. Eventually the time always come for dinner... devilsmile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 5 2017, 01:10 AM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 4 2017, 04:36 PM) *

Wow, two updates in one day. I would say too bad about Vickies Raider buddies. But well... the truth is the Commonwealth is better off without them in it.

Vick does clean up really good. She even looks respectable. Like Lopov, I wonder how long the Abernathy's will survive having Vickie as their neighbor. She is a lot like Loviatar, who also likes to play nice at first, but only get the lay of the land. Eventually the time always come for dinner... devilsmile.gif

Originally, Khajiit wanted to take the logs back to when Victoria was a 16yr old girl living her day to day life in Liams Own (skipping years in a similar manner to Fallout3's intro). Trixie was the owner of a diner and employed Victoria as a waitress. The others would have been in and out of her daily life. Eventually Raiders attacked the settlement and Trixie managed to lead 15 other people to safety (mostly diner patrons and staff). Then on the road you would've gradually become more and more savage in the means they took to survive. Khajiit believes this would've made them a bit more sympathetic, but in the end, this one deemed it unnecessary.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 5 2017, 03:02 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 8 2017, 07:54 AM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

*update*
Putting together two more entries for release maybe Thursday. Khajiit's little troublemaker has been very busy! evillol.gif

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 8 2017, 08:02 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:52 PM