Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

706 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coffee Shop Forever, It's time to kick bottom and drink coffee!
Wolfie
post Aug 19 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #1

Mage
Group Icon

These places get destroyed awful fast by you rowdy people... tongue.gif

QUOTE(minque)
This is meant to be a place where you can talk about anything without having to stay on topic. Feel free to ask questions, to talk about the things in your life you like to share with your fellow-members. Or just step inside for a while, have a coffe and a good chat!
You may feel free to post whatever you like as long as it is within the rules of the forum.
But if the conversation degrades to spam, you will be treated as though you are spamming anywhere else on the forum. This is a thread where you can relax and talk about personal things, but it is not to be used as an excuse to make pointless posts.
Please help to keep this alive and well and a place where we can meet and share.
Enjoy your stay here!!!

QUOTE(Alexander)
We had intended the coffee shop to be a nice place where people could talk about their daily activities and such, kinda like the Lurkers Lair on the Official Forums.
It didn't quite turn out that way though, people have been taking advantage of their freedoms in here, there has been a lot of spamming and even some flaming. We will not tolerate that any longer.
So unfortunately we've had to decide to increase the rules for this thread. Of course the normal forum rules still apply, but we'll elaborate here.:
1. No spamming.
We consider double posting and posting posts with only a few words to be spam. If you do that your post will be deleter or moved, do it too often and you might receive a warning for it.
We also consider chit-chat spam. This forum has a special chat channel for chatting, you're welcome to go there, and chat with other members or with the staff as we're always there, doing it in here is not allowed.
The address to that chatroom is:
W4O chat
And for assistence to use a chat like this, I recommend looking over this thread:
http://chorrol.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=248
Or contacting one of the Administrators.
2. No discussion of accounts or warnings.
There shall be no more discussion about members, about accounts, about how many warnings you've gotten or anything like that.
3. No trolling.
No posting of random nonsense, no posting of irrelevant things, no posting the same thing over and over just to get it noticed, no swearing or flaming.
4. No religion or politics.
No discussion about religion or politics is to be had in these threads. If you want to discuss religion or politics, please do make another thread, or if another such thread already exists, please post in it.
If you have a question about the rules of the forums, feel free to ask it to either a Global Moderator or an Administrator.
If you're unsure if something is fit to post here, it might be. Again best to ask a Global Moderator or Administrator.
If you're wondering how we think a Lair or the Coffee Shop should look like, what we do allow, then I recommend taking a look at the Lurkers Lair at the Official Forums.

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 19 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Sorry. tongue.gif I swear, I did not pull the trigger! At least not that one!

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 19 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #3

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ha...it was my absence that started the slight anarchy.....at least that is what I´ve heard through the grapevine!

I must confess I havent´t the slightest urge to go to work tomorrow, I just sorta got used to have vacation, these last two weeks have been great, lots of sun, swimming, good food, and relaxation. I want more!

Maybe I should just make a short visit to the Plant in the morning to see that everything is alright...then I could ...sort of decide to get back home....or couldn´t I?

We´ll see.... tongue.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 19 2007, 09:17 PM
Post #4

Agent

I'm dying here, literally. Heat, humidity and lack of quallity sleep are kicking my butt.
Also, what anarchy? indifferent.gif

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 19 2007, 09:24 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Hehe, Ibis, I was going to point out that Keenu Reeves is actually Canadian, and since Canada is currently neutral in this situation, he must return back to his native land and withdraw from your current plans.

You can still use your Johnny Depp navy though.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 19 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Cool, goodjob.gif That's one major element out of the way in our plans to defeat Ibis' armed forces!
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 19 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #7

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(milanius @ Aug 19 2007, 10:17 PM) *

I'm dying here, literally. Heat, humidity and lack of quallity sleep are kicking my butt.

Awww, phew, that is not good Mil! It´s better up here...the weather I mean! Oh about anarchy...well read the last part of the previous coffeshop.....pretty funny stuff...hehe... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 19 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(milanius @ Aug 19 2007, 03:17 PM) *

Ohh don't put on that innocent face now, Milanius. You were part of the rebellion, as I recall. Wasn't he? I think it was the heat rash that had you acting up. Gee Mil, I feel so bad for you about the heat ... especially for your parents.

Let me give you some small comfort in things that we do here in Florida when the heat is inevitable and you've gotta just bear up under it. Especially now, in August - this is our most humid and also hottest time of the year.

One thing to do, no matter where you are - inside or outside - if you have access to ice cubes ... is to apply ice cubes to your wrist vein. Either do it directly by holding it there, or make a little tie-on paper towel or real cloth thingy. Putting the ice directly to your vein can cool down your entire bodily system - although it should be done in increments so your wrist doesn't freeze up.

Sleep/lounge in the hot afternoon ... live your life at night. This is just what ancient Floridians did before air conditioning, like Hemmingway, etc. and many Floridians including ourselves live totally topsy-turvey time schedules in the summer months. Cain and I are usually awake from anywhere from noon to 3pm until around 2-3am in the morining. Then we go to sleep, he often goes to sleep at sunrise but me earlier. We play video games all night basically and wind up having teammates from Germany, Eastern Europe, etc. It's fun.

Also, get the thinnest sheet count or ply of sheets & pillow case that you can find. If you are using an air conditioner .. keep it at a constant setting. But if your bill gets too high, like ours does in August - make it cooler by day and warmer by night, but make the temperature adjustments an hour or two ahead of the actual change in the air ... so you will not tax your air conditioner with this process. Also, use electric fans to help the air conditioning circulate evenly around the room; this can help the bill be cheaper alot. Totally close off any rooms that you do not need from the cooling process. We have a clear plastic drop cloth sealing off our bathroom because it doesn't need to be air conditioned.

Just move and do everything slower and anything that is not of top priority ... don't do at all. Yes, we Floridians look lazy to the outside eye, particularly to tourists ... but we are actually conserving energy for the things in life that matter. End of sentence ...

Only wear cotton and loose clothing and cover up from the sun. Sun is the worst enemy here and real Floridians are pale and youthful looking .... not all tanned like wrinkly leather, those are the tourists who forgot to go home.

Drink lots of liquids of a non=alcoholic type ... our standard drink here is iced tea. We probably have more brands and flavors of iced tea that anywhere in the world, even Texas. Go to the bathroom alot because of it and you are flushing bad stuff out of your system too. Alcoholic beverages inflate your blood vessels and can actually make you feel the heat more .. so don't get drunk in the hottest part of the day.

That's all I can think of now. You probably knew all of this already cause it's mostly common sense .. but it doesn't hurt to be reminded.

+++++++++++++++++++

I apologize for the exceptionally long post, but while I was commiserating with Milanius about the heat, forces were gathering against me behind my back.

Let me just make the proclamation .... KEANU REEVES WILL LEAVE MY ARMED FORCES OVER MY DEAD, FEATHER BEDRAGGLED, LIMP, WET BODY ... which is never going to happen because I am a BIRD GODDESS. I will keep my KEANUs forever!!!!!!!

ps-Jack Cloudy, I will buy the first option -Buster Machine number 3: Egg-shaped weapon bigger than a smal planet .. I have your septims waiting.

This post has been edited by Ibis: Aug 19 2007, 10:11 PM

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 19 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Dang, why don't defenders ever surrender to avoid the inevitable damage to what they're trying to protect in a long, costly campiegn? They have to make everything an absolute: win or die trying..... but then when they win everything is blown to tiny bits and smoking rubble.

Now there are exceptions to that general outcome, but this is the modern era, where a single ICBM can ravage a small country/state/province. I guess people can just be stubborn, hyper-competitive, steel-for-brains fanatics....... I'm occassionally on of the middle, but I can blame Dantrag for getting me into this war..... He's a fine example, sometimes. devilsmile.gif
+Quote Post
Zarrexaij
post Aug 19 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

It flooded out here a little bit. Not as much as Watunga and Kingfisher. Everytime something happens weatherwise in this state, they get raped. ice storms, floods, tornados, you name it. I really hope it doesn't rain any more, because I want to go to school tomorrow (especially at the community college, which is pretty close to the river).

My internet connection is crap. Booo 56k. 28.8K right now. XD

I bought new speakers today so I can start playing Alien versus Predator 2 online. I found two people to play with, and I'm hoping to hear from a friend in my CIS community college class. I can't remember if he said he had the first or second one. That is, if I can yank him away from the current online game that has him addicted.

Everyone and their mom was at Walmart. Gaaaaah. And I couldn't find a pencil holder to put in my binder for Spanish II.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Aug 19 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #11

Mage
Group Icon

Ibis, Pisces, you both realise, of course, that once your forces have exhausted themselves against each other the Irish will sweep in and conquer you both, right?

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 20 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #12

Agent

QUOTE(Ibis @ Aug 19 2007, 08:52 PM) *

Ohh don't put on that innocent face now, Milanius. You were part of the rebellion, as I recall. Wasn't he? I think it was the heat rash that had you acting up. Gee Mil, I feel so bad for you about the heat ... especially for your parents.

I only act naughty in, er, other forums. Yes. I behave in here, since I love you all so much. And also, huge thanks for the quality advice for heat reduction, Ibis. <3
QUOTE(Zarrexaij @ Aug 19 2007, 10:24 PM) *

It flooded out here a little bit. Not as much as Watunga and Kingfisher. Everytime something happens weatherwise in this state, they get raped. ice storms, floods, tornados, you name it. I really hope it doesn't rain any more, because I want to go to school tomorrow (especially at the community college, which is pretty close to the river).

My internet connection is crap. Booo 56k. 28.8K right now. XD

I bought new speakers today so I can start playing Alien versus Predator 2 online. I found two people to play with, and I'm hoping to hear from a friend in my CIS community college class. I can't remember if he said he had the first or second one. That is, if I can yank him away from the current online game that has him addicted.

Everyone and their mom was at Walmart. Gaaaaah. And I couldn't find a pencil holder to put in my binder for Spanish II.

Boo at the bad weather [SEND ME YER RAINS!], lack of pencil holders and 56k, yay @ the AvP2.

I hear thunders outside, but no rain still. Meh, just our luck. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by milanius: Aug 20 2007, 12:21 AM

--------------------

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 20 2007, 12:21 AM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

It's weird to hear about all the heat problems elsewhere because for the last little while, things have been starting to cool down around here nicely, though it does make campfires a little less enjoyable. Which I like because the sun isn't a huge fan of me. He tends to burn me so I just try to avoid him as much as possible.

I would pass this weather to you milanius if I could but I don't think it'll make the trip across the Atlantic. Sorry buddy.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Zarrexaij
post Aug 20 2007, 12:25 AM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

Yeah, the sun likes doing that to me, too. I've gotten second degree burns from the sun. Took forever to heal. Curse you, mideval fair!

Luckily, last time I went I brought sunscreen. Yeah, I smartened up.

I just got the Irish genes for my skin.

This post has been edited by Zarrexaij: Aug 20 2007, 12:26 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 20 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #15

Agent

QUOTE(Zarrexaij @ Aug 19 2007, 11:25 PM) *

Yeah, the sun likes doing that to me, too. I've gotten second degree burns from the sun. Took forever to heal. Curse you, mideval fair!

Luckily, last time I went I brought sunscreen. Yeah, I smartened up.

I just got the Irish genes for my skin.

sad.gif crap, can't have nice milky white skin AND sun resistance all at once.

I tend to burn a bit, it's no biggy though. After several days, redishness blends into tan, but I still prefer to lurk in shadows. Right now, only things tanned on me are my neck and arms up to elbows [since I worked few months ago during another epic village saga].

--------------------

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 20 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

I've got Pacific Islander genes: natural tan and I've never had a sunburn in my life (at least not a borderline uncomfortable one). I love my genetics, biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 20 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

Oooh lala Wolfie ... the Irish can conquer me anytime!! tongue.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't think I should place this in the FanFic section, but thought some of you writers might be interested in this. I came acrost it in my migratory wind patterns acrost the internet ... actually blew in on a storm to a website that is re-making the province of Skyrim for Morrowind and met this hale chap = Septim.

Here is his contest news thread:
HERE

And here is the URL to his website .. The Hermetic Synod

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Zarrexaij
post Aug 20 2007, 01:20 AM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

Hey, I like my pallid skin, I just don't like the way the sun wants to burn it at every chance it gets.

--------------------
+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 20 2007, 01:38 AM
Post #19

Agent

QUOTE(Zarrexaij @ Aug 20 2007, 12:20 AM) *

Hey, I like my pallid skin, I just don't like the way the sun wants to burn it at every chance it gets.

Pale complexion = <3

I'm somewhere beneath Mediterranean bronze average; unless I tan, I'm quite pale by this country's standards. They said it was anemia when I was young indifferent.gif bah...

In any case, good night to all, especially the pale skinned demi-Irish biggrin.gif

--------------------

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
canis216
post Aug 20 2007, 02:04 AM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

Seeing as how I spent the summer working and living in the outdoors, I'm pretty tan right now. Which is fine by me.

I've got some Scottish heritage, so my skin is naturally a bit pale, but I'm really active so it usually has some color.

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post

706 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:21 PM