Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Say, Look What I Found, Keeping up to date with mods for Oblivion
Lena Wolf
post Nov 25 2021, 10:41 AM
Post #121

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 24 2021, 10:21 PM) *

Sounds like some mod shopping going on, fo sho. And some wacky AI. No, eradicate the rats, not the cat!

She actually started shooting arrows at the cat - inside Jerall View dining room! Hafid wasn't happy when she hit the bottle he was drinking from instead (there was even the appropriate sound). Someone got an arrow in the boot. Ouch. Then she drew her dagger and went after the cat up close, killing it in two strikes. Poor tabby. sad.gif But all things considered, I am thankful she didn't try to shoot the rats - those were very fast moving pests, I'm sure most of the guests would have gotten shot instead.

The cats and rats was new this time, I've had the other mods for ages already, they are nice. I got that just cats mod now, and it's much better. smile.gif At least in Bruma, I hear things go a bit crazy in the Imperial City. We'll see. Lena is headed there next. She's in Cheydinhal now where she spotted a couple of cats in the street and NO RATS!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 25 2021, 03:00 PM
Post #122

Councilor
Group Icon

On no! sad.gif indifferent.gif

Well it's good that they appear in Cheydinhal. I wonder if that mod adds a black cat into Dark Brotherhood's sanctuary. ph34r.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 25 2021, 05:26 PM
Post #123

Mouth
Group Icon

Nope, no cats in the Sanctuary - that would conflict with the Schemer who is a resident rat. He's been there for so long... some suspect he's undead. ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Lena Wolf: Nov 25 2021, 05:26 PM

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Dec 9 2021, 04:44 PM
Post #124

Mouth
Group Icon

Ooh, this is wicked! evillol.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 9 2021, 05:34 PM
Post #125

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha yeah, what a crazy idea. I suppose if somebody had a very specific roleplay. "Turn ye mate, or I'll turn you into a book!" blackwizardsmile.gif I wonder what happens to certain quests, though. indifferent.gif That's why the mod author says use with caution...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Dec 9 2021, 05:39 PM
Post #126

Mouth
Group Icon

I was thinking of this: "Come on darling, let me take you somewhere private..." Zap! ohmy.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 9 2021, 10:51 PM
Post #127

Mouth
Group Icon

Better than a soul gem. You can flip through their pages. Wonder if they come with pictures?

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jan 10 2022, 02:43 AM
Post #128

Mouth
Group Icon

I cannot believe I've only just now installed this mod: Nice to Meet You. What it does it remove the Post-It notes from everyone's foreheads that show their names... Isn't it odd that you instantly know who is who?

This mod comes with an extensive configuration file that is present on a "mild" setting (other stuff shown instead of the name). I made it quite a bit more stringent - if I've never spoken to a person before, I cannot possibly know their name, class, faction, occupation or culinary preferences. None of the above. I might guess their race, if it's easy to tell - I can usually spot a Khajiit in the crowd, but then I don't really need them labelled with it.

My game just got a lot more interesting. smile.gif There is now actually a need to talk to people! ohmy.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 10 2022, 03:59 AM
Post #129

Mouth
Group Icon

I downloaded this Nice To Meet You in 2011. Played with it installed for quite awhile. You’ll get descriptions like this. I didn’t install it this time thinking I'd save a space and wouldn’t miss it but there are I times that I do.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jan 10 2022, 10:43 AM
Post #130

Mouth
Group Icon

Indeed, detailed descriptions is another function of this mod. I never want to see anything other than the name, and that only for people I know. So the way I set it up, by far most NPCs have no labels at all, and only a few have their name displayed like in vanilla. I was a bit unsure at first, but having no name displayed does not prevent you from "activating" them to talk. Also, you forget the names of people you just met, unless you talk to them a few times first. So now when there's a person with a big hammer charging at you, you don't automatically know whether he's a bandit or a marauder or an important named NPC. But then again, it doesn't matter, he's the man with a big hammer charging at you. wink.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 10 2022, 01:42 PM
Post #131

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice, very cool Lena. It's sort of like People are Strangers for Skyrim. Just a little touch which adds realism and makes sense.

I installed the blankets one a few weeks ago too. sleep.gif Some gamers say they've had problems with it (mostly, NPCs who continue wearing their blanket even after they wake up) but so far I haven't seen anything like this.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jan 10 2022, 01:45 PM
Post #132

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 10 2022, 12:42 PM) *

I installed the blankets one a few weeks ago too. sleep.gif Some gamers say they've had problems with it (mostly, NPCs who continue wearing their blanket even after they wake up) but so far I haven't seen anything like this.

Well, my dog does it when it's raining out, so keeping your blanket on is quite realistic, actually. laugh.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Apr 21 2022, 09:47 AM
Post #133

Mouth
Group Icon

Has anyone played this mod: The Lands of Solstheim Vvardenfell and Mournhold - SoVvM br3? It adds Morrowind to Oblivion, but unlike Morroblivion, it does not recreate TES3. This project was abandoned a long time ago, while Morroblivion survived. Yet it has some very recent comments, and as one commenter points out, the fact that it doesn't recreate TES3 makes all the difference for many players. They seem to have come quite far with filling in the land, too.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 21 2022, 01:51 PM
Post #134

Councilor
Group Icon

Oooh, I have not even heard of that. Maybe macole has though.

As always, I usually start with the POSTS section at Nexus, especially for these older mods, and I see this one was last updated 2011. Looks like there are a lot of recent posts for Lands of Solstheim, which is good.

"TOOK ME 8 HOURS TO DOWNLOAD THIS s*** MOD AND THERES NO f***ing GROUND" says berrytreethebrony.

"Ok the voice acting is actually terrible it was like he was rubbing his face all over the mic while speaking is their any way to turn this off?" says User7111.

"am i the only one who cant get the models and sounds file working? when i try putting it on nexus mod manager it says its building mod but doesnt progress past that" says cheezydaddy... Yikes.

See, all of that is enough to steer me away, it just sounds like a series of headaches. But you've already had experience with outside worldspaces, so maybe you'll be okay, Wolf.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Apr 21 2022, 02:53 PM
Post #135

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, it's just people not following instructions, mostly. I am not worried about technical difficulties at the moment - I'm sure there will be plenty, seeing how this is such an old mod.

As for downloading for 8 hours... yeah, this is a very big mod, something over 1.5GB, so for me it would be downloading for a day as well. As would be Morroblivion. As was TWMP. As is any game what-so-ever. Not surprising, really, when your internet moves slower than your garden snail, like ours. laugh.gif I think our broadband is still very much on the level of 2011! tongue.gif

I was particularly interested if someone played this mod and also Morroblivion - to hear their thoughts how the two versions of Morrowind compare. (Wink-wink SubRosa! biggrin.gif )

This post has been edited by Lena Wolf: Apr 21 2022, 03:26 PM

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 21 2022, 03:31 PM
Post #136

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Apr 21 2022, 09:53 AM) *

Well, it's just people not following instructions, mostly.

That is true. I also always try to weed out the messages left by folks who sound like they don't know what they are doing, not following instructions properly, and so on. We both know the signs, by now.

'Rosa might've come across Lands of Solstheim, as well as one of the new folks. Good luck!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 21 2022, 09:52 PM
Post #137

Ancient
Group Icon

Ok, I am downloading it now. But I don't know when I will get around to poking around with it. I wrapped up Oblivion and Morroblivion playthroughs recently, and am not really fired up to go back to that game engine again right now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Apr 21 2022, 10:33 PM
Post #138

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 21 2022, 09:52 PM) *

Ok, I am downloading it now. But I don't know when I will get around to poking around with it. I wrapped up Oblivion and Morroblivion playthroughs recently, and am not really fired up to go back to that game engine again right now.

But you're downloading it... Then it will sit there on your computer and wink at you. Then you'll just want to take a peek and see if it installs all right... That being an old mod and all... smile.gif Yeah, we know how that goes! blink.gif Gets me every time...

You're downloading it, meaning you've never heard of it! Wow! Ok! I'm flattered that I discovered something new! Eleven years old new - even better! goodjob.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
macole
post Apr 21 2022, 11:17 PM
Post #139

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Apr 21 2022, 08:53 AM) *

Well, it's just people not following instructions, mostly.

I was particularly interested if someone played this mod and also Morroblivion - to hear their thoughts how the two versions of Morrowind compare. (Wink-wink SubRosa! biggrin.gif )

Kids these days, they just don't know any better.

I looked at it many, many moons ago. Lacking the city Vivec was my reason for not using it.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Apr 21 2022, 11:36 PM
Post #140

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Apr 21 2022, 11:17 PM) *
I looked at it many, many moons ago. Lacking the city Vivec was my reason for not using it.

Yes, I noticed that. Settlements on Vvardenfell were still "to do". But they seem to have filled in Solstheim and some of the places on the continent. Morroblivion is definitely more complete, and I would play it first, I think, since I could never get into TES3, after I got lost in Vivec City for days... And I mean real-time days! Weekend gone - just trying to find stuff in Vivec City! mad.gif That place is infuriating! mad.gif mad.gif I am not going to miss it one bit! goodjob.gif wink.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:57 PM