Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
Decrepit
post Apr 19 2020, 12:40 AM
Post #4281

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 18 2020, 12:19 PM) *

Does the Dunwich line deliver a copy of the Necronomicon, complete with page 751?
I needed to look that up, and luckily found a reading of that page on YouTube, with the text typed out in the video's description. Too bad I'm not a modder. I'm sure there's a subtle way to slip it into the game, so that a viewer would have to be paying very close attention at all times to notice it. Hmmm....I wonder if Wilbur Whateley still resides in the city? I've not thought to look for him in months. At one time he caught the train at Dunwich Suburbia Station. Whether he still does so I know not, assuming he continues to exist at all. There's every chance he vanished when I added a Population Limiter mod to the game a while back.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Apr 19 2020, 12:42 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 19 2020, 01:34 AM
Post #4282

Ancient
Group Icon

Is Population Limiter code for the library's guard dog? wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 24 2020, 05:03 PM
Post #4283

Ancient
Group Icon

Decided to pick up No Man’s Sky again between KotOR sessions. As one might recall, this game was the poster child for not preordering, as there was a big controversy about it being devoid of many of the features the devs claimed it would have. I bought it anyway because of the novelty of being able to seamlessly go from the ground of a planet to outer space to the ground of another planet, but I quickly got bored with it as there wasn’t much you could do with it. Several big updates later, this game has really grown. Many of the features the devs originally advertised has made it into the game and it’s actually quite enjoyable if you like exploration and survival games. There isn’t a lot of combat but you can be attacked by hostile alien animals and if you get on the bad side of the other space faring species you can be attacked by their starships. You can engage in dogfighting them or simply try to get the hell out of dodge. I was attacked by pirates in a new system I was exploring/relieving of natural resources and I was able to jump to my original system without having to fight (your starting ship isn’t the best but you can buy upgrades that make fighting more viable, or buy a better ship if you’ve got the cash). An interesting game with something for every sci-fi fan.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 25 2020, 03:51 AM
Post #4284

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 24 2020, 11:03 AM) *

Decided to pick up No Man’s Sky again between KotOR sessions.

I actually liked No Man's Sky when it first launched and I think I still have it on my old PSN account. I love landing on the worlds with rings on it happy.gif .

NMS 1.

NMS 2.

NMS 3 .

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Apr 25 2020, 10:05 AM
Post #4285

Master
Group Icon

My gaming slump continues. What little I play is confined to Trainz and even less to Transport Fever. I recently developed a bit of an urge to return to Daggerfall Unity, but it's not (yet?) overwhelming. Speaking of Trainz, I've another video episode, a short branch-line passenger run to the holiday town of St. Ives, Cornwall UK. Its text narrative contains (at least) one error, I incorrectly state that trains no longer stop at Lelant Saltings.

(YouTube video) TRS19: Cornish Mainline & Branches, St. Ives Passenger Run (YouTube video)

To complement the above, I provide a modern day video (not my own) of the real life St. Ives run, in which it can be seen that Trainz does a decent job of immolating reality, especially considering that the games session is set some 80-90 years ago.

(YouTube Video) A Driver's Eye View Along the St. Ives Branchline (YouTube Video)

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 25 2020, 04:06 PM
Post #4286

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Apr 24 2020, 09:51 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 24 2020, 11:03 AM) *

Decided to pick up No Man’s Sky again between KotOR sessions.

I actually liked No Man's Sky when it first launched and I think I still have it on my old PSN account. I love landing on the worlds with rings on it happy.gif .

NMS 1.

NMS 2.

NMS 3 .

I mean, I liked the game’s concept, there just wasn’t a whole lot to do. It’s definitely a better game now though.

Ringed planets are also my favorite! Too bad those that I’ve discovered are hellholes. laugh.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 25 2020, 06:32 PM
Post #4287

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 25 2020, 10:06 AM) *

Ringed planets are also my favorite! Too bad those that I’ve discovered are hellholes. laugh.gif

I think in my space travel I've visited two ring worlds that where safe but baron.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Apr 26 2020, 04:59 AM
Post #4288

Mouth
Group Icon

Over the past couple weeks or so I finally addressed some of my backlog, and all 3 games I played through/finished were FPS.

AMID EVIL - Inspired in large part by Quake and Hexen (the latter of which I have never played, this game featured magical weapons against a wide variety of enemies. I had done the first level or two last summer, but then got caught up in other stuff, just finishing it only 2-3 weeks ago. It was a great game, although I think they could have broken up a few big levels into a couple smaller ones as some of them got a bit convoluted. There were 6 "episodes" with 3 levels followed by a boss battle. After those were finished, you went through another 3 levels to get to the final boss. A few other gripes here and there, but overall it was well worth the playthrough.

Ion Fury - Built on a much-upgraded BUILD engine, this 2018(?) game took inspiration from its engine's predecessors, predominantly Duke Nukem 3D (which I have also not played). In fact, the protagonist, Shelly "Bombshell" Harrison, was a major revamping of a cut character with that nickname from the Duke Nukem days. In personality and quips, she is much like a female version of Duke Nukem. It was neat to play because I have never played its closest analogs (except for, like, 5 minutes, of the original Shadow Warrior), but of course, what matters more is fun. And fun was doled out in spades. A bit long, perhaps, but a great game.

Black Mesa - At long last, this re-imagining of the original Half-Life in a heavily-upgraded Half-Life 2 engine finished its 15/16-year development cycle just a couple months ago, releasing the end levels of the alien world Xen. The ambitious mod--back in 2012, I think--was given Valve's blessing to be sold on Steam despite the fact that Valve did not develop this Half-Life game, a very unique situation. Crowbar Collective had made a ton of other development additions/changes over the years, but the major thing that was missing was Xen. While I had only been waiting since 2015, lots of other people had been waiting for much longer.

And wow, did Crowbar Collective deliver. Long development times can often lead to disappointment, but not in this case. The atmosphere, art style, music, etc. all converged to make an incredible experience. The Xen levels took so long in part because they made it about 5x longer than the original. Valve didn't have the technology to really make Xen shine back in 1998 (although I still love it), so Black Mesa had a lot of room to sort of imagine what they thought Valve would've done with improved technology. While there is still some charm that new Xen just replicate from the original and there are some aspects of the old Xen's atmosphere I still prefer, there is no denying that Black Mesa's Xen is far and away a significant improvement in almost every way over Xen in the original Half-Life.

It's nice to have such a satisfying conclusion to the remake/reimagining of my favorite FPS of all-time. Kind of hard to believe it has been finally finished.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 29 2020, 05:11 PM
Post #4289

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Windows Chess Titans

Level: 3
Matches played: 18324
Matches won: 17002
Stalemates: 830

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 29 2020, 05:38 PM
Post #4290

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 29 2020, 11:11 AM) *

Windows Chess Titans

Level: 3
Matches played: 18324
Matches won: 17002
Stalemates: 830

Is there a higher difficulty? I think it’s time you moved up! tongue.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 29 2020, 05:40 PM
Post #4291

Spam Meister
Group Icon

It goes to level 10, but since I play while watching youtube I don't bother to move up.

Also, just like Lisa Simpson I'm rather a big fish in a small pond rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 29 2020, 07:35 PM
Post #4292

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 29 2020, 11:40 AM) *

It goes to level 10, but since I play while watching youtube I don't bother to move up.

With that kind of win/loss ratio I’d say you could move up and be just fine!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 29 2020, 07:41 PM
Post #4293

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 29 2020, 08:35 PM) *

Nah, I reverse moves from time to time. I justify it by the fact I don't concentrate on the game and just play while watching videos.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Apr 29 2020, 08:40 PM
Post #4294

Mouth
Group Icon

I decided to go back to the OG Fallout. Yep, the one that started it all. For some reason, the Classic Version was running faster than the one that was supposedly for new systems (although finding out that I had a Hi-Res patch already in the files that I could just simply download seems to have gotten the newer version running better for me). This morning, I finally killed some pain-in-the-[censored] deathclaws in the Boneyard as part of a quest in Adytum. Overall, I'm enjoying it, but there are certainly some irksome qualities about the game.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 29 2020, 09:17 PM
Post #4295

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 29 2020, 01:41 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 29 2020, 08:35 PM) *

Nah, I reverse moves from time to time. I justify it by the fact I don't concentrate on the game and just play while watching videos.

Ooooh ok! laugh.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 2 2020, 10:27 AM
Post #4296

Master
Group Icon

Launched Minecraft last night for the first time since 2017! My avatar confined himself to his Hill Fort, a nostalgic tour lasting close to two hours. While there, he harvested all trees the fortress's extensive tree farm, which took over two Minecraft days, planting saplings to replenish the farm afternoon, then properly storing all harvested items...wood, excess saplings, apples. (He slept at a building next to the main farm each night.)

TpF wise, I published a new opener to my long-going Scenic Excursions series, displacing original ep01, which remains in the lineup as ep01b.

Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep01 - Series Introductions, Fuel for Dunwich: REVISITED

New ep01's description is a bit of a mess in that I wrote way too much text to fit into YouTube's 5000 character limit. (Believe it or not, I type out video descriptions beforehand in my PC word-processor.) I didn't feel up to rewriting the entire text, so simply stripped out sections with little regard to what that does to the flow (such as it is).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post May 3 2020, 01:43 PM
Post #4297

Master
Group Icon

I'm playing Resident Evil 2 Remake on the Xbox One X. So far I love it and Mr.X in this game gets the Nemesis upgrade! Holy Hell did they up the creepy factor with this guy, once he makes the scene it's a game of cat and mouse till you get the magnum and then he becomes a push over.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
treydog
post May 3 2020, 10:34 PM
Post #4298

Master
Group Icon

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. Playstation had it as a free "Stay at home; play games" promotion.

I am not normally very adept with platformers- (a function of.... less-than-youthful reflexes, plus never having played many of them when my reflexes were youthful.) But still- a fun change of pace, that does not require "level grinding". And, unlike most games, where I avoid spoilers, I am happy to use the IGN walkthrough to find all the MacGuffins.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 4 2020, 03:29 PM
Post #4299

Ancient
Group Icon

Just bought KotOR II for $2.49 on GOG for the May the 4th sale! biggrin.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 4 2020, 06:20 PM
Post #4300

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 4 2020, 10:29 AM) *

Just bought KotOR II for $2.49 on GOG for the May the 4th sale! biggrin.gif

The 4th is with you!

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 213 214 215 216 217 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:54 AM