Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

118 Pages V « < 105 106 107 108 109 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Here Is The News..", The Elder Scrolls Online General Discussion Thread...
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 23 2020, 01:32 AM
Post #2121

Mouth
Group Icon

I don't like the seeming trend of fewer and fewer corporations controlling all or almost all of the gaming market (we'll see what the future holds), but I think it could potentially lead to something really cool. Maybe that sweet, sweet Microsoft cash could be infused into BGS to be able to expand and speed up development of Starfield and TES6. Speeding up development isn't necessarily a good thing, but maybe in this case it would be if it happens given the long timetable for BGS making games. Of course, a corporation like MS is doing it for money and not for love of the games, but sometimes the goals of the company and of consumers align.

I'm really itching to see something, anything from BGS' next two games.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 23 2020, 02:28 AM
Post #2122

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Sep 22 2020, 07:32 PM) *

I don't like the seeming trend of fewer and fewer corporations controlling all or almost all of the gaming market (we'll see what the future holds), but I think it could potentially lead to something really cool. Maybe that sweet, sweet Microsoft cash could be infused into BGS to be able to expand and speed up development of Starfield and TES6. Speeding up development isn't necessarily a good thing, but maybe in this case it would be if it happens given the long timetable for BGS making games. Of course, a corporation like MS is doing it for money and not for love of the games, but sometimes the goals of the company and of consumers align.

I’m especially curious to see what this Starfield is going to be like. I was thinking before all of this buyout stuff that Starfield would be a make or break game for BGS as a studio, but I guess that won’t be the case now.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 23 2020, 09:39 AM
Post #2123

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Sep 22 2020, 08:32 PM) *

Bethesda has been in Microsoft's pocket ever since they recoded everything for the XBox the first time. That was a very lucrative deal for Bethesda; and ensured the success of Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim because of Microsoft's financial backing. It is how they were able to expand into international markets; especially Zenimax into Japan a couple years after ESO came out.

I do agree with Khajiit; both companies were stagnating; and they def needed something to charge them up. Microsoft's money will do that; but with them switching who holds the actual power roles = really think there might end up being more of a shakeup. (AKA the Dell takeover of Alienware computers).

The biggest fear I have about it = Microsoft has been just as bad as Bethesda and Zenimax for stagnating and producing crap and shoving it down our throats (= Windows 10).

So I am with Khajiit on sitting back and waiting to see what happens in the next two years to our beloved game studios.

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 23 2020, 09:40 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 15 2020, 05:54 PM
Post #2124

Paladin
Group Icon

Next event is the witchiefest - Oct 22 - Nov 3. Plunder skulls fulla loot from bosses. First boss drop each day contains 3 event tix. More details here - https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58951

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 15 2020, 08:30 PM
Post #2125

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 15 2020, 11:54 AM) *

Next event is the witchiefest - Oct 22 - Nov 3. Plunder skulls fulla loot from bosses. First boss drop each day contains 3 event tix. More details here - https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58951

Yay!!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 2 2020, 03:34 PM
Post #2126

Councilor
Group Icon

From the patch notes:

"Character Pathing “Align to Terrain” Option

You can now choose whether a character should Align to Terrain while pathing in your home. This setting is enabled by default and is the behavior you are already familiar with; it does its best to keep pathing characters touching the floor (or whatever may happen to be beneath them.) If you choose to disable this setting, the character will move smoothly from node to node, ignoring obstacles completely. This is intended primarily for flying pets but can be used in other creative ways!"

Yay! My bat will be so happy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 2 2020, 06:53 PM
Post #2127

Councilor
Group Icon

One set of stations sent. mALX was off attuning when I logged out.

Laurie has visited each of the sites, so she can guide if needed.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 2 2020, 08:00 PM
Post #2128

Ancient
Group Icon

Thank you so much for those tables! I did attune them; just waiting at the next location for more tables. Acadian said we had all three sets? Thank you all so much for your help!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 2 2020, 09:06 PM
Post #2129

Paladin
Group Icon

Just sent a set of 4 as well.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 4 2020, 09:26 AM
Post #2130

Ancient
Group Icon

Everyone check your Mundus Stone on all your characters = last patch deleted some of them off some of our characters. Grrrr. (not all characters were effected; not sure what the criteria is on that).

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 4 2020, 02:18 PM
Post #2131

Councilor
Group Icon

I don't think it was just the patch. I've had it happen before. There was a time when it didn't show, didn't have any effect, but attempting to re-acquire it got a "duplicate" error, (but fixed it). I suspect they were trying to cure that situation.

But whatever the case, the reminder is welcome! I'll be reviewing mine.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 4 2020, 06:45 PM
Post #2132

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks for the reminder, mALX. 3 of 9 are fine but have yet to check the others.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 21 2020, 12:27 AM
Post #2133

Paladin
Group Icon

Upcoming Undaunted Event Dec 2 3 -15. More details here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59207

Edit: Starting date was changed to Dec 3.

This post has been edited by Acadian: Nov 26 2020, 01:57 AM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 11 2020, 06:46 PM
Post #2134

Ancient
Group Icon

So looks like The Lord of Destruction is up to his old tricks again. *Sigh*

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59311

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 11 2020, 06:56 PM
Post #2135

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 11 2020, 12:46 PM) *

So looks like The Lord of Destruction is up to his old tricks again. *Sigh*

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59311

Another world ending crisis, urgh. But this one def looks more interesting (to me) then last years.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 11 2020, 06:59 PM
Post #2136

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks, Khajiit!

I wonder if the young elf having that nightmare is Eveli Sharp-Arrow?

Several of these live Twitch things ago I started a Twitch account and linked it to ESO (easy to do) and have been watching their live stuff like this because they like to give Buffy free loot. No problems and the live casts are generally interesting. I've watched two of them before and think we got a purple torchbug pet and two crates.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 11 2020, 07:15 PM
Post #2137

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 11 2020, 12:59 PM) *

Thanks, Khajiit!

I wonder if the young elf having that nightmare is Eveli Sharp-Arrow?

Several of these live Twitch things ago I started a Twitch account and linked it to ESO (easy to do) and have been watching their live stuff like this because they like to give Buffy free loot. No problems and the live casts are generally interesting. I've watched two of them before and think we got a purple torchbug pet and two crates.

It sure looks like it is supposed to be Eveli. If it is, I will happily buy this DLC. I haven't even started playing Markarth yet; does anyone have any comments/opinions on Markarth?

I wanted to hook my accounts all up too; but every time I try, Steam tries to re-download ESO; which I already downloaded via Bethesda. I really don't want Steam involved in my game at all; and they don't even have any of my save files! When I look at Steam's version of my game it is showing me with under an hour of gameplay; and isn't even showing all the DLCs I've bought!

My big fear is that if I let them download the game I will lose 5 years worth of building up my game/characters/money spent on DLC; etc. So I can't link my accounts up to get all that great loot; but I still do watch the live feeds.

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 11 2020, 07:17 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 11 2020, 07:57 PM
Post #2138

Paladin
Group Icon

mALX, sorry you're having troubles linking to Twitch.

Buffy's about halfway through The Reach and, so far, likes it pretty well. The Reachfolk are Bretons of course, but they are uniquely portrayed as more 'rough and outdoorsy' than non-Reach Bretons. They also speak with a lovely Scottish brogue and generally eshew learning to read and write. The result is a unique culture that is pretty well done. The background music for the zone seems heavily influenced (to me) by the music used in Murkmire, and I rather like that. The zone features Lyris Titanborne and Verandis Ravenwatch and Gwendis but the quests give you plenty of time away from them. Like Western Skyrim, there are Blackreach areas beneath The Reach. There are Harrowstorms that are as annoying as the ones in W. Skyrim. Two delves and no public dungeons. The Dwarven city of Markarth invokes thoughts of the same city in TES V. There are four 'Clan Camps' in The Reach that act much like the Giant Camps in W. Skyrim. To turn these camps white on your map, you need to interact with the camp's central altar - and the residents are hostile.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 11 2020, 08:15 PM
Post #2139

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 11 2020, 12:57 PM) *

Buffy's about halfway through The Reach and, so far, likes it pretty well. The Reachfolk are Bretons of course, but they are uniquely portrayed as more 'rough and outdoorsy' than non-Reach Bretons. They also speak with a lovely Scottish brogue and generally eshew learning to read and write. The result is a unique culture that is pretty well done. The background music for the zone seems heavily influenced (to me) by the music used in Murkmire, and I rather like that. The zone features Lyris Titanborne and Verandis Ravenwatch and Gwendis but the quests give you plenty of time away from them. Like Western Skyrim, there are Blackreach areas beneath The Reach. There are Harrowstorms that are as annoying as the ones in W. Skyrim. Two delves and no public dungeons. The Dwarven city of Markarth invokes thoughts of the same city in TES V. There are four 'Clan Camps' in The Reach that act much like the Giant Camps in W. Skyrim. To turn these camps white on your map, you need to interact with the camp's central altar - and the residents are hostile.

The Reach area was the one I was most interested in seeing and I still haven’t gotten the chapter yet. sad.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 11 2020, 11:24 PM
Post #2140

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 11 2020, 01:57 PM) *

Careful there. Bretons and Reachmen alike wouldn't be keen on you calling them both part of the same race. tongue.gif (But seriously, they wouldn't. They hate each other just like Nords and Reachmen hate each other. They diverged enough culturally that they consider themselves separate races, even though really Reachmen are of Breton ancestry.)

---------------------------------------------

Anyways, ZOS just gave a teaser for their 2021 expansion. And guess what it is called? Gates of Oblivion. Looks like we're going to see our old pal Mehrunes Dagon once again. He should be in the lead now for most legitimate appearances in the series at that point (along with Oblivion, he is the main antagonist of the spin-off game An Elder Scrolls Legends: Battlespire, not to be confused with the Legends card game).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKgm-CBFvuo

I suspect this means we'll be seeing some more of Cyrodiil, perhaps? I've been wanting to see more of Cyrodiil in ESO. It's only a small teaser, but I'm thinking there will be quite a few references to TESIV: Oblivion.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Dec 11 2020, 11:30 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post

118 Pages V « < 105 106 107 108 109 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:40 AM