> To Heir is Human II - Playground
Dantrag
post Oct 28 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

OOC: and so it begins...

Rann

Rann trudged in the snow, his hood pulled far over his face to keep the snow off of it. He came upon Bruma's gate, and sighed with relief; the mojority of the trip was over. Unless, of course, the target had already left the city.

The countess had sent him once again to kill someone. This time it was a murderer. His target and another man had killed four children in Stendarr's Chapel in Chorrol. That was enough to make Rann's blood boil.

He stepped into Olav's Tavern and pulled up his sleeve; his tattoo was how the informant would recognize him.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 28 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Flogir, talking to Olav

"You wouldn't BELIEVE the price this Imperial was asking for these pair of shoes, Olav! Fifthteen septims. FIFTHTEEN!! I asked him if he was trying to rob me, which he replied in that snotty Imperial superiority way, "No." Hmph! Like I was going to let that go. So ya know what I did?" Flogir asked Olav, whose answer was a blank look.

"I told him they're 25 septims, take it or leave it, really emphasising "take it" mind you. And he took 'em ha!" he said, slamming the table in mirth.

A cold gust of wind caught his attention towards the doorway. He noticed the man that trudged in was exposing a tattoo. Realising it was time to get to work, Flogir excused himself from Olav and waved over at the tattooed man.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Oct 28 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann covered his arm again upon noticing the nord. He motioned to a table in the back corner of the tavern and sat down in it, waiting for the informant to follow.

Rahvin

Rahvin, on the other hand needed no informant. He had followed the second murderer all the way from Chorrol. The man had managed to stay one step ahead if him so far, but that was about to end.

The man had taken refuge in Leyawiin, more specifically, the Five Claws Lodge. This would be an easy catch.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Oct 29 2006, 01:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 28 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir finished off his mug of ale before heading to the back table where his corespondant awaited him. Serious matters were to be discussed and Flogir felt quite certain the man didn't have the time for idle chit chat.

He pulled out the chair opposite of the man and sat down, giving him a level look. He offered his hand.

"The name's Flogir. I hear you want some information."

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Oct 28 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

"I'm...Sel." he lied, shaking the man's hand. "I need to know about an imperial man coming from Chorrol. The one that kills children."

OOC: I won't be around until later tonight. I'm going to go hang out with some friends.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 28 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir grimaced sourly on the topic of information after shaking the mer's hand. He knew about this character arriving in town.

"Killing children... What is the world coming to," he muttered to himself.

He turned his attention back to the Dark Elf.

"The guy you're looking for is hiding out in the basement of one of his friend's place. The friend is Dovram Rels. His house is to the left of the Jerall View Inn, bottom level."

OOC: No problem, I gotta closeup at work anyways now. And I just realised I've been referring to (basically) a Dark Elf as a man (eek!), I'll remember to call him a mer now. Also, since Flogir has lived in Cyrodil all his live, he doesn't have much of a Nordish accent wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 28 2006, 09:36 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood, nearing Chorrol.

A lone wagon rolled forward over the highway. Its lone occupant was a Breton in his late forties. He whistled a simple tune while enjoying the breeze. With an odd smile, he looked at the wares behind him. Two katanas lie on top of a black pile of clothes.

"If you don't use it anymore. Sell it. It is the best piece of work you ever made. Besides, you're too old to run around getting your head knocked off." Flint smiled as he remembered the words his wife had spoken. They were true, yet it still felt odd to sell his old gear. His thoughts wandered off to the bussiness he would do at Chorrol. With some luck, he could get a good deal.
"I will miss my stuff. Yup, a man just loves his sword. Even more when has got two."

Luper Alkad, Skyrim border.

A lone man walked casually through the snow. The air formed a frosty cloud as it left his lungs. He stopped in front of a door placed in the side of a mountain.
,,I know you're in here! Open the door now!" He shouted. There was no answer.

The man displayed a preditorial grin.
"This is going to be fun." He thought to himself as he placed his shoulder against the securely locked door. He pushed and the wood buckled under his strength. He stepped over the remains of the door and looked at the three Nords standing before them.
,,Are you Korhim, also known as the Leinlalten plague? I hate to dissappoint you, but your medicine has arrived." The Darkskinned man said smugly.

The Nord who was known as Korhim laughed.
,,My medicine? You and what army?" He boomed. Luper revealed his grin once more as his right hand rose to point at Korhim's heart.
,,I am my own army. And that line was old back in the time of Nerevar Indoril." He replied. A thin stream of fire shot from his hand and punched through the Nord, coming out of his back and drilling a hole in the rock wall. The Nord sank to the ground, death before he realized what had hit him.
,,As for you two, clean up this mess and then go back to drinking in the taverns." Luper informed the death Nord's companions before swiftly turning around and leaving.

Outside, he yawned.
"Where is the challenge? I can take these simple thugs silenced, drunk, blinded, hands tied to my back and paralyzed."

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Oct 28 2006, 09:50 PM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 28 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #8

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Satyana, at home in Chorrol

"Ah crap! It´s no use, I can´t concentrate on this anyway" Satyana muttered and closed the book. She rose to her feet and did some stretching to loosen up her muscles.

"Maybe I should go for a walk"

She knew perfectly well it might not be safe walking around downtown this late but just now she didn´t care, she was convinced she could look after herself......she thought she might go outside town to practise that ghastly spell .....

Satyana put on a thick woolen coat, the weather had gotten worse, snow was falling and a cold wind blew around the buildings as she entered the dark street. Thus it was refreshing...

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 28 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood, Chorrol.

Flint arrived at Chorrol just before the gates were closed. He looked around at the buildings rising up into the air.
,,First things first. Let's find a place to spend the night." He muttered to himself as he made the wagon move again.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 28 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #10

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Satyana walking the streets of Chorrol

Satyana heard the sounds of a wagon.....it did not scare her but she wondered who on Nirn would arrive in the city this late. Chorrol usually was a very quiet town, not many visitors were coming.

She stopped for a while; yes the wagon was coming her way. Curiosity made her step out into the street a bit further, just to have a look.....

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 28 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood, Chorrol

Flint saw how someone approached. His old thief instincts kicked in at first but he soon dismissed them. He was sensing curiosity, not a threat. He halted the wagon and waved at the young woman.
,,Hello there. I was just wondering, do you perhaps know a place where I can rent a room for the night?" He asked cheerfully. What he didn't saw, where the two Thieves guild members sneaking in from behind.

(So, should Flint mistake her for Brianna?)

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 29 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #12

Wise Woman
Group Icon

OOC: Why not? She kinda resembles her mother, tall slender with hair that glowes red in the light from the lanterns! tongue.gif

Satyana, Chorrol

The wagon stopped by her side and she noticed someone waving at her, then asking her about accomodations in the city.

"Hail to ser, well there is the Gray Mare Inn of course....but they might be fully booked by now due to the festivities this coming weekend...then there is the Lokken Tavern ....just turn left at the corner here....by the way I´m going there right now so you could follow me if you like!"

Satyana was cheerful, the man sounded nice and she was in for a talk right now after spending almost the entire day alone in her chambers, studying

OOC:yeah yeah I don´t know any Taverns in Chorrol so I made this one up!

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Oct 29 2006, 01:09 AM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Oct 28 2006, 03:55 PM) *

Flogir

Flogir grimaced sourly on the topic of information after shaking the mer's hand. He knew about this character arriving in town.

"Killing children... What is the world coming to," he muttered to himself.

He turned his attention back to the Dark Elf.

"The guy you're looking for is hiding out in the basement of one of his friend's place. The friend is Dovram Rels. His house is to the left of the Jerall View Inn, bottom level."

OOC: No problem, I gotta closeup at work anyways now. And I just realised I've been referring to (basically) a Dark Elf as a man (eek!), I'll remember to call him a mer now. Also, since Flogir has lived in Cyrodil all his live, he doesn't have much of a Nordish accent wink.gif

Rann

Rann nodded. "He won't be killing anyone else." he said flatly. He placed a bulging bag of coins on the table. "From my employer. I don't know you, you don't know me."

That last part was very important; if the Countess of Bruma knew that Countess Valga was going out of her jurisdiction in doling out justice, there would be a pretty large rift in Cyrodiil. A rift that the weakening Empire couldn't handle.

He didn't give or recieve a farewell from Flogir, he merely stood and left, going straight for the target's hiding place. If he was lucky, he'd get back to Chorrol in time for the feast.

Rahvin

Rahvin stepped into the inn, not caring for stealth at the moment. He didn't want to perform the task in an inn.

"How much for a room?" he asked the innkeeper.

"Thirty gold for the night."

Rahvin fiddled around in his pockets until he found the coins. He handed them over in exchange for a room key. He gave a description of his target to the innkeeper and asked where he was staying. She told him what room he was in.

"Have a good night." he told her before going down the hall towards his own room. He had the perfect plan. One that exploited Imperial Law for his own purposes.

Veric

So there are two possible outcomes in the prophecy. he thought to himself, pouring over the pages of the ancient book. It is the choice of the three children. They can join me or oppose me, and that determines the outcome...

He sighed, and instantly changed his appearance to that of Haldin's. Or, more specifically, what Haldin looked like twenty years ago. The man's image was burned into his mind. He was the last person he had seen in twenty years.

OOC: I'm going out again. Be back later tonight.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Oct 29 2006, 01:22 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 29 2006, 01:35 AM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir took the bag of coins quickly, and tied it to his waist belt. By the time he had it fastened and he looked up once more, the Dark Elf was all ready walking out the door.

"Good luck," he whispered.

He decided that he would spend the night in Bruma, then take his business elsewhere. Now that he had met with his correspondant, there wasn't much point in sticking around. Business generally wasn't as good up here.

At least, there were always exceptions.

Voltar, at his hideaway north of Anvil along the coastline

Voltar poured through the pages of a rather large book, eyes rapidly scanning the pages, searching for the answers he wanted. He felt so close to discovering what was needed to be done.

He knew he had the tools necessary, now that he possessed the Staff of Worldly Demise, of which he kept nestled between the crook of his arm. Now he needed only to implement his skills correctly and thus would he create a very powerful union.

Soon..., was all he could repeat in his mind.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Oct 29 2006, 04:10 AM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann came upon the house, and he crept around the outside of it, peeking through the windows to see where its inhabitants were. There were some lanterns burning, but he didn't see anyone.

Must be in the cellar. he thought to himself.

He deftly picked the lock on the front door, and once inside he put out all the lanterns. He didn't want any outsiders seeing a person killed through a window.

He made his way to the cellar door, which was also locked. With a bit more effort this time, he picked the lock and slowly opened the door.

Rahvin

Rahvin never actually went inside his room. He stood in the hallway, waiting for the patrons to start coming from the common area to their beds. He could find a likely helper among them.

"Hey, you." he said to a young breton about his son's age. "I'll give you a hundred gold to tell the guards that a murderer from Chorrol is in that room right there." he said, pointing to the room. Rahvin pulled out his coin pouch and handed the breton twenty pieces. "The rest will come when you do it. Meet me in my room once the guards leave."

He breton took the coins and ran off. Rahvin knew there was a chance that he would take the gold and run, but a person that young would do almost anything for a hundred gold.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 29 2006, 09:59 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood, chorrol.

,,I'll try this Lokken tavern. Thank you, Brianna." Flint said when the woman got close enough for him to recognize. He fell silent right after.
"Wait, did I just call her Brianna? No, this isn't her. It's been twenty years, Brianna couldn't possibly be this young. But the resemblance is eerie."

The thieves now crouched at the back end of the wagon.

Luper Alkad, Leinlalten.

Luper had just collected his pay and left the city. He saw the ruins of the original Leinlalten just over a nearby hill.
"Whoever did that must have been one big Cliffracerfreak."

He turned south, towards Cyrodiil. According to a few rumours, there was some festival coming soon. A party sounded like fun. He took off at a quick pace.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Oct 29 2006, 11:21 AM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

Amrita, chorrol.

Amrita smiled as she walked through the streets of Chorrol. People were so easy to scare away if one onl had a good piece of steel with you.

Without a second thought the young woman entered the tavern. She had a god feeling that something would happen here soon, so she drew her hood over her head, and sat down in a dark corner, listening to conversations, while her greip around one of her concieled daggers fastened.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Oct 29 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann crept down the stairs to the cellar. There was a dim glow in the cellar, due to the glow of a single candle slowly burning itself out. His target slept comfortably on a mattress that was thrown on the floor.

Rann pulled a dagger from his belt and crept closer. He whispered in the man's ear, "Die, bastarde."

No sooner had the said the words than a dagger found its way across the murderer's neck. With his grim duty done, Rann went back up the stairs and exited the house through a window.

He ran out of the city unseen. Nobody would know of the murder for at least an hour or two.

Rahvin

It didn't take long for three guards to appear in the hallway telling him loudly to 'stand back'. He did so, and watched the scene unfold.

The man didn't have enough gold to pay the fine, as Rahvin expected, so he had no choice but prison. The guards bound him with iron shackles and began escorting him away. They exited the inn and were walking outside in the dark city.

Rahvin waited awhile before following. He got ahead of the group unseen, running silently behind houses and businesses. He hid in an alley ahead of them, waiting.

When the guards and his target got close enough, he threw a dagger. It hit its mark, burying itself in the man's eye.

The guards panicked, ordering a search, but Rahvin was already halfway out of the city. Once he reached the forest, nobody could find him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Channler
post Oct 29 2006, 02:50 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Jonathon Constantine

"Thirty septims?!are you flipping mad Joric?" The big burly Nord simply nodded is head, showing no sign of swaying in his deal. "Curse the Nine! There just a pair of old boots man. Or, wait, are Nords men? Anyways thats trifling 'nother matter. Do you understand that I've no boots, and that I've been wearing this flimsy sandals up in this damnable frigid.. waist land that you call home? No.. no, what do you care, your all holed up in this nice warm shop, unaffected by how the Count wishes to treat us common folk like garbage!"

The Nord simply shrugged, "Do you have the thirty septims or am I going to have to beat it out of you?"

Within moments Jonathan was face first in the snow outside the shop, devoid of any shoe. "honoured user just trying to bring the proletariat down.." He mumbled to himself as he trudged down the frosty streets of Bruma.

This post has been edited by Channler: Oct 29 2006, 02:51 PM

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 29 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #20

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Satyana, at Lokken Inn, Chorrol

She stared at the man....

"Did he call just call me Brianna?....That´s...that´s unbelievable! Did he know my mother?

"Ehhrrmm....Ser....My name is Satyana, but my real mother´s name was Brianna...She died when I was born..But...but did you by any chance know her?"

Satyana trembled severely, she never knew her biological mother, but Grandma Serene hed told her about Brianna the mage who together with a couple of men and women ran for her life. Satyana had just heard fragments of their flight but one thing was certain, Brianna did not survive the birth of her child.

Now this stranger called her `Brianna`that meant he probably met her mother, because she had been that kind of person; if you once met her you remembered her!

Satyana put her hand on the stranger´s arm

"Please tell me, did you meet my mother?"

Then she spotted a shadow beneath the wagon....

"Watch it!" she screamed "There´s someone behind you"

OOC: Satyana to the rescue? If you disapprove Jack, I´ll edit!

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:26 PM