8 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Screenshots from Jerric's World
Grits
post Aug 6 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

I have some screenshots. smile.gif I’m afraid I’ll get too unruly for the characters thread, so here we are.

This is my first attempt at everyone. Tips, hints and comments are very welcome! I don’t have any mods yet.

The original Jerric on the PS3. I know, it’s a photo of my TV.

Jerric casting frost in a cave.

Darnand in the Anvil guild hall.

Abiene and Carahil. I think I need to make Abiene’s face thinner, with a longer nose.

Abiene and Anvil mages.

Lildereth cuts a deal with Morvayn.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Aug 6 2011, 09:33 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

You did an excellent job recreating Jerric on the PC. I've always been terrible with the Oblivion (and Fallout) character creation. You did awesome on Jerric.

Now which cave was Jerric in for the frost attack?

It's great seeing screens of all the other characters in Jerric's story. As much as I like Anvil, Aravi doesn't spend much time there at all so it's great to have a face to go with each one.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 6 2011, 09:46 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

That’s in Mongrel’s Tooth Cave against the imp infestation when he went to back up Aravi and Vilja. (Late! laugh.gif) I took a lot of practice shots before I got the ones I put in your video thread. Most of them were too dark, too bloody, or too many imps landing on his head. It got a little hectic fighting with the menu turned off.

I had to make Abiene, Lildereth, and Darnand as characters since I don’t know how to add NPCs yet. It would be great if there was a way to put them all in Jerric’s game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 6 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

Jerric is a pretty boy! I can never make male characters look that handsome. I just have no experience at looking at men I suppose... wink.gif I have to admit though, I was expecting something a bit more macho, like this or this or this. Maybe if you tried one of the beard mods?

The others look about as much as I expected. Except Lildreth, who looks like she has grey hair? I thought she was younger. It could just be the lighting that shot. The game does a poor job of showing black hair, which is why I rarely have black haired characters, and when I do I make their hair a custom color, that is darker than what the game calls black.

Something you can do for action screenshots is to turn off the ai of the monsters. Open the console, click on them with your mouse, and type in tai. Or just type it in without selecting anything, and it will globally shut off all the npcs and monsters.

Also don't forget to use god mode: tgm
Plus the free camera: tfc
And if you just want a monster to go away: disable. That one removes it from the game world. Handy for getting rid of bodies that are not supposed to be in the shot.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 6 2011, 10:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Aug 6 2011, 11:05 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 6 2011, 03:46 PM) *

That’s in Mongrel’s Tooth Cave against the imp infestation when he went to back up Aravi and Vilja. (Late! laugh.gif) I took a lot of practice shots before I got the ones I put in your video thread. Most of them were too dark, too bloody, or too many imps landing on his head. It got a little hectic fighting with the menu turned off.

I had to make Abiene, Lildereth, and Darnand as characters since I don’t know how to add NPCs yet. It would be great if there was a way to put them all in Jerric’s game.

I had a feeling about that shot in the cave!

I didn't think Lildereth looked like an NPC. I honestly thought that Abiene and Darnand were Mages Guild members in Anvil however embarrased.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 6 2011, 11:43 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

Forgot to mention. Something you can try doing is using a companion mod like CM Partners to create Abiene, Darnand, and the others. That would allow you to put everyone together at once.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 6 2011, 11:56 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

As a dedicated researcher I make sure I look at men as much as possible. tongue.gif In fact I think I need to look at that Sean Bean picture some more. I tried to make Jerric look rougher with the age slider, but he just looked lumpy. He definitely needs a beard mod, messier hair, and some scars. And for me to get busy writing the next chapter. Lildereth is supposed to have jet black hair, and I don’t like the grey that shows up on the vanilla black color. I haven’t messed with it yet, a custom color is a great idea. Also her face looks kind of mean and pointy, but she’s pretty close to how I imagine her. Maybe someone already made an Audrey Tautou mod I could use for her. Thank you so much for those commands – that will save the poor guy a lot of pain. It will be great to get the monsters to stand still so I can get the shot. My computer runs Oblivion quite badly, and I get pretty nauseated after a little while.

KC, that’s funny! I think of those two as regular Anvil members, and I’m sure they do too. smile.gif

Thank you both! This is fun.

ETA: I’m wondering if there is a way to copy them out of their games and plug them into Jerric’s. I’ll look at CM Partners and see what I can start figuring out. I’m starting with zero knowledge, so I have a lot more reading to do before I can even ask a decent question. Thank you so much for the tips!! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Aug 7 2011, 12:00 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 7 2011, 12:30 AM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

I have considered using CM Partners myself, but like you, I am not sure about copying and pasting the face data. Oblivion Face Exchange Lite can import the face data from an npc and give it to a player character, not to mention transfer faces between save files, but it does not appear to be able to give an npc your character's face. An important note though, it does not work on Windows Vista or 7.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 7 2011, 12:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 7 2011, 12:32 AM
Post #9

Paladin
Group Icon

Great job, Grits! Thanks for giving us a nice idea of what your characters all look like! They each look just as I imagined! I will admit that accident prone, lead-with-his nose-Jerric could use a few more lumps and bumps. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 10 2011, 02:11 AM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

I had some time to grind my teeth and curse under my breath today, so I spent some of it giving Lildereth and Abiene a few adjustments.

So here's Abiene, with a slightly leaner look. I thought my first attempt looked a little robust.

And now Lildereth is a little less pouty, with different hair.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 10 2011, 02:26 AM
Post #11

Paladin
Group Icon

They both look great! goodjob.gif

I think Lildereth really has that jet black hair look that I think you wanted.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Aug 10 2011, 04:07 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Echoing Acadian: Both look great! I'll have to ask you to make my character if I ever decide to take a break from Aravi tongue.gif

Lildereth looks fierce. I haven't seen her yet in the story but I bet she kicks all kinds of @$$

This post has been edited by King Coin: Aug 10 2011, 04:09 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 22 2011, 04:54 PM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks, folks! Black hair is difficult. I went a little too Sharpie Marker, but she likes it better than the grey. tongue.gif KC, by now you know that you were right about Lildereth!

Here’s Darnand working at the Chorrol guild hall.

And here’s Jerric leaving the falls below Shadow’s Rest Cavern. This one is from the Ninedava adventure in King Coin’s video thread. The light makes him look kind of pretty, so please use your imagination mod to give him a beard and hit him a few times in the face with, say, a brick.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Sep 22 2011, 06:41 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Hey! Nice pics! Its always good to see characters in the 'flesh' from time to time, yes? Jerric looks like the Warrior he is and Darnand? No matter what description you give me, I always picture him with blonde hair and androgynous features. Dunno why. Maybe because I always have my Breton characters be blonde. King Coin took the words out of my mouth when describing Lildereth. She reminds me of Charlie's Angels with her "Don't Screw With Me" look. Abiene looks great!

I have considered using CM Partners myself, but like you, I am not sure about copying and pasting the face data. Oblivion Face Exchange Lite can import the face data from an npc and give it to a player character, not to mention transfer faces between save files, but it does not appear to be able to give an npc your character's face. An important note though, it does not work on Windows Vista or 7.

Can I make a suggestion, Grits? Since you have the PC, you can actually use the Console Commands to somewhat do this. I'm no PC user myself, but I've seen some techniques used by OB-Machinima makers that is REALLY ingenious.

They 'copy' faces from their desired characters, and 'paste' it on their current character. Then, they CLONE THEMSELVES USING THE CONSOLE COMMAND and THEN return to their previous character. See what I'm getting at?

I doubt my grasp of the English Language comes across, so I'm going to make it simple. For me (and hopefully for you, too!)

1. You have Jerric.
2. You then turn his face into Darnand.
3. You then clone yourself using the Console Command.
4. You now have TWO Darnands. One is a clone and the other is you, the Player Character.
5. You then change your Player Character's face into Jerric's.
6. Congratulations! You now have the Two Characters!

Uuurgh! That still doesn't sound right! Just look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_98BxHe9wg...feature=related

The ACTUAL advice that I gave you here starts at 1:34 of the video.

I hope this helps you and that we might see the Rest of the Gang in one place! Now, I'm off so I can brew confusion and insanity someplace else!

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 22 2011, 08:51 PM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

GAAAAH !!! I didn't know about this thread !!! Grits, I don't get on here anymore unless I get an email, so new threads are never seen unless the AUTHOR PM's ME !!! (hint hint). Now that I have seen this thread, I will get updates (hopefully) - but if you ever start another thread, please let me know so I can come check it out !!!! ARGH !!! I love these screens, Grits !!!

@ my good friend (and the X "Ureniashtram") now Uleni Athram - that vid is Awesome! Thank you for bringing those tips to our attention, those are some great tips !!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 22 2011, 08:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Sep 22 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Grits: Great screens! I lol'd when you said hit Jerric in the face with a brick.

Uleni Athram: That's an interesting way of doing it, I never considered it. I think making a plugin with the CS would be easier though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 23 2011, 01:47 AM
Post #17

Paladin
Group Icon

Those are great screens of Darnand and Jerric!

You certainly have quite the cast of fully developed characters now from Jerric, to Darnand, Abiene and Lildereth. Each is wonderful in their own way and I love how you have them all interacting in your story. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 24 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

Uleni Athram, thank you so much! Your directions made sense, and the video confirmed it. I never thought of doing it that way. Here is a quick and dirty Jerric and not-quite-Darnand. I didn’t have time to change the face in the racemenu, so Darnand is a Breton version of Jerric. This will be handy for shots where faces aren’t too close once I make a save with everyone’ gear in Jerric’s inventory. (Darnand had to wear Jerric’s nasty gray robe in this shot. tongue.gif) I think you should keep imagining Darnand as your mind sees him. My only worry with screenshots was that game images would interfere with how people imagine things in the story. Thank you, thank you!

mALX, I will PM you if I ever start another thread! Thank you, I have been having some fun. I played with the settings a little, and that helped make the game fun on my laptop. The fights in Ninedava were even OK, maybe because it is pretty bright in there.

KC, making plugins in the CS is my goal. I found a Simple Companion Tutorial, but I’m going to start with the My First Dungeon and Basic NPC Creation ones so I get a little understanding first. I think if I make some screenshots with everyone’s facial settings in the race menu, it might help when I start moving the sliders. ohmy.gif

Thank you, Acadian! smile.gif

Jerric passed through Bruma recently. Here he is at Olav's with some of his new friends.

Jerric, you’re supposed to look at her face when she’s talking.

Someone stole a blackberry and a loaf of bread? We don’t know anything about that, officer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 24 2011, 03:27 PM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

ROFL !! The innocent look on Jerric's face when the guard is questioning everyone !! SPEW !!! You have a knack for capturing great facial expressions!

Grits, you have to know if you are producing, I will be there soaking it up. If I am not, then I don't know about it. PLEASE feel free to PM me and let me know when you have anything up. KC, Acadian, and Zalphon have all gotten into the habit of letting me know anytime they post lately because this year has been such a hellish one for me timewise that I've quit browsing the forum like I used to.

By the way, KC and I are going through that modding school that TK told us about. I have learned tons about modding in there in just a few short lessons (and it is free!). You can choose to take the course and get one on one instruction (and a badge on completion) or you can just do the lessons without turning in your work and still learn from the lessons.

Here is a link in case you are interested:

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/f...blivion-school/

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Sep 24 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Meh, I'm not the one you should thank. Raditz the Radish should be the one, after all, he was the one who made that video. Anyway, it's good to see those two together in one pic!

I laughed when you said that 'this' Darnand was the Breton-version of Jerric. hehehe. Well, I'm glad that my advice came across. Since the Majesty of Money says that this 'CS Plug-In' is much better, I'm inclined to agree. I'm just a console-player after all.

I lol'd at Jerric looking .. down rather than properly looking the woman in the face. I totally expected that from him! I wonder how the Nord woman feels when Jerric introduces himself to her breasts? Lolololol.

Somebody stole a blackberry and a loaf of bread? Who could do such a thing? Right, Jerric? lol

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:12 PM