Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V « < 11 12 13  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Miss Vicious Delicious, Her saga and story...
Lopov
post Sep 19 2022, 12:11 PM
Post #241

Master
Group Icon

I'm falling behind on every thread... panic.gif

I like it that while fighting Andrew, Taneesha's main concern was actually that Lucy's house got more and more dirty with every fired shot and that the first thing that she had done after killing Andrew, she cleaned up the house. goodjob.gif

Too bad that his outfit didn't work properly, it worked fine in my .esp. I don't remember making him that hard to bring down. At least not compared to the Frenchman. evillol.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 24 2022, 05:32 PM
Post #242

Councilor
Group Icon

It's okay, Lopov. Your life is way busier than mine.

Yes, Taneesha just got her first place to live, ever in her life (first place that isn't shared by scummy raiders, that is) so she's all worried about making good impressions. 🏚

About the missing outfit: All the DLC are toggled ON. Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, and Point Lookout. I'm about to play some FO3 so I'll try the other suggestions you had.

Ha ha it's okay that Andrew and Mousey were both tough. Bullet sponges are okay once in a while. smile.gif

Acadian: I'm having a lot of fun writing this part. smile.gif There are three levels (tiers, I guess) to Megaton and Lucy happens to live on the second tier.

In imagination, Tan had to drag the intruder down a set of stairs, drag him across a floor which is maybe 12 or 15 feet, and then through Lucy's front door. She'd then have another 10 or 12 feet to drag him before she reaches the ramp. There's a hollow area under the ramp. I imagine since it was raining, this was a good thing for her, since the trail of blood would instantly be getting washed away.

In reality: I simply clicked on the intruder, opened the console and hit disable. laugh.gif

YES I have heard about DOOM SubRosa, it sounds really tough! mirocu still has nightmares about DOOM. panic.gif

Okay, that helps (about the missing mesh or texture). I emailed the latest save and MissVicious.esp to Lopov and he says their clothes appear fine in his game. So there's some sort of conflict with one of the other mods, perhaps. I'm about to try to see if I can fix it. But if I can't, I'll just give the guy some generic armor or something.

They are idiots, aren't they? laugh.gif They're all trying to find this pistol for some reason. 🔫 Let's find out what it is.

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 24 2022, 08:28 PM
Post #243

Councilor
Group Icon

Chapter 46: The Frenchman

Date: Monday, September 17, 2277, 9:27 PM (note: as I write this, it is also Sept. 17 in real-life)

Current Temperature: 59.0 °F (outdoor)

The Frenchman, noted to be the "meanest" of all, according to Andrew New's notes. Apparently, the gun buried by Mouse Man was some sort of special piece, why else would all these numbnuts be so eager to get it?

IPB Image

Taneesha had a seat in Moriarty's. Her usual chair was currently occupied by a wastelander, a young man, who was half-asleep. So she sat in Lucy's favorite instead. Lit a Lucky, and cracked open the cap on her whiskey. Cheap stuff, but at the moment, that didn't matter....she'd had a tough day. She deserved a reward.

Moriarty's wasn't too crowded tonight, Taneesha counted nine people. Radio Free Wasteland was on the box, Three Dog playing some old jazz tune. So... nine people, but no Lucy. Lucy West was not here. Not at home. So where could Lucy be?

"She must got a squeeze, someone she's been seeing," Taneesha muttered.

And this caused the guy sitting next to her to wake up. "Damn girl, who are you? Like, what's your name?" asked he.

"Um... Taneesha." Uh oh.

"Taneesha, you are one... fine... specimen!" He made some kind of gesture with his hands, but Taneesha refused to look. "Yo, my name's Cass. And can Cass like, buy you is a drink or sumthin-sumthin?"

"No man, already got one. But thanks. I'm just here waiting for my friend, okay?"

"Ba-cause I'm just sayin'... can I get you a hooch?"

"A hooch?"

"I just wanna buy you one drink, lady. You know like, that!"

"You want to buy me a drink that costs three caps, and tastes all nasty?"

"Yeah, 'cause you know, I wanna like, get to know you and all that a little better, you know? Ba-cause dayum!"

"Oh my gosh."

Taneesha sighed, she rolled her eyes. Being hit on by some Casanova kid named Cass was not what she needed right now. She'd just spent her day firstly fighting molerats, then fighting some douchebag who'd burst into her and Lucy's home, and this didn't even include the other douchebag who'd attacked her in the Men's a couple days ago! Her nerves were still rattled.

All she needed right now was some time to herself, yet not by herself. She did not want to be home right now, sitting and listening and noticing every little sound the house made. Not after what just happened. That would drive her crazy.

But the kid sitting next to her did not know all that she'd been through, not that it would make much difference. And he was not about to give up.

"Ba-cause I'm just say-in', I just wanna buy you a drink, that's all. And maybe if you wanna see my pad later on...ba-cause, you know..."

"Oh please."

He wasn't getting a clue. Should she get up and move somewhere else?

"Bonjour, madam."

All the sudden he was here. Him, the Frenchman, standing here right next to her. Taneesha flinched; she actually flinched. She hadn't seen him walk in the door. Her adrenaline perked up a notch. The Frenchman was wearing a trenchcoat, partially blocking Cass the Casanova Kid. No formal introduction had been made; Taneesha had no idea what a French person actually sounded like. But somehow, she just knew who he was right away.

She looked up at him, and could see he was wearing a wig, a gray and curly and poofy one, which looked like a hairpiece one of America's original presidents would've worn: George Washington or Thomas Jefferson or one of them. The Frenchman had a patch over his left eye. And he was scented. Lordy what an overpowering smell coming from him. Made Taneesha gag a bit.

"Uh, let me guess," she started. "You... are the Frenchman."

"Oui!" he clapped. "I am ... the Franch-man. Indeed, eh not many wastelanders would eh re-cog-nize my ac-cent."

"Pfft, I don't need to know your accent, fool. It's obvious you are not from around here. Look like a damn puff-cake too, with your creepy-ass wig. You know what year it is? People don't wear wigs from the Founding Fathers anymore in America, dope."

The wigged man ignored her. "Now, ah let's get down to buz-nuss, fille," he said, his voice and accent quite nasal.

"Here it comes..." Taneesha said sarcastically to Cass, who was still sitting next to her, speechless and wide-eyed.

"I want a gun," the Frenchman said. "Un pistolet très spécial, a very, eh, special gun, as I would say in my nah-tive tongue. And I know you have it..."

"Yep, I do have it..."

"...now you hand it over to me, Illico!" he demanded.

"Mm, now see here we have a problem, French fry. Problem is, I don't even have it. Gun's at home in my locker at the moment." Taneesha sat back, gazing at the wigged man, seeing what his reaction would be. "But even if I had it on me I wouldn't hand it over. Not to a tres-creep like you."

This didn't make the Frenchman happy, of course. "Rightfully?" he asked. "If you will not, ah, give me the gun, I shall have to teach you a les-zon armour," he said, laughing darkly.

"Whatever, wig-head."

...one hand on her Taser by now, the other in her pouch....

But the Frenchman did not attack right away. "You... think I wear a wig?" he asked, insulted. "No of course, not at all! -- Ce n’est pas une perruque, these are my own hairs!" Frenchman's voice was rising. "Vous me donnez ce pistolet, MAINTENANT!"

By now, all socializing in the bar had stopped. Other than the radio and the soft pattering of raindrops on the roof, there was silence. Taneesha did a quick look-around at everyone here in the saloon, making a quick-second study of what was about to go down.

Gob: the bartender. Standing forelornly by the radio, as he often did. Gob would be okay, as long as he dove behind his counter.

Nova: the saucy red-haired prostitute. Dressed in her usual negligee, smoking a stub. She probably wouldn't get involved, but she'd also been around the block a few times, and possibly knew the wisdom of packing some protection. Maybe she's got a weapon for defense purposes; would she try using it?

Moriarty: the bar's owner. Though Taneesha could not see him, he was probably somewhere in the back of his establishment. Moriarty was a passionate man who always carried heat. Chances are he would come out of his office, fighting back. It was his place, after all.

Walter: the water-processing plant guy, just here having a drink after work. He's a softie, Taneesha assumes. Probably, he'd run right out the door.

There were also the usual smattering of settlers and wastelanders; folks who passed through town, maybe stayed around, maybe moved on. Transients, just like her. Cass the kid was one of these. Taneesha didn't know these folks, so all three of them in her current vision were wild cards.

Cho Zen Wan: Ah. Finally, the Lone Wanderer himself was present. Though Taneesha Jones was wary of this former vault-dweller (it was well-known he had attacked, killed, and looted raiders) she knew he was sure to make a move. He was the big hero of the Wasteland, after all. Eager to show off his protection skills, or so Taneesha assumed.

After making these assessments (and some quick-second calculations) she knew what she would do. From this moment on, things happened very quickly.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Under siege from "Cass"anova.

The Frenchman

"Un pistolet très spécial..."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 25 2022, 08:18 PM
Post #244

Paladin
Group Icon

Cass A. Novah – certainly sounds like the name of a new Renee character. tongue.gif

"Bonjour, madam." – uh oh, sounds like our Frenchman has arrived. Gulp.

And it sure looks like a fight is about to ensue. Tan seems wise to evaluate her surroundings and move her hands to her weaponry. Let’s hope Frenchie learns why they call her Miss Vicious Delicious.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 26 2022, 07:25 PM
Post #245

Master
Group Icon

Clever of Tan to check on her surroundings to see who could possibly help her or be endangered.

Cho looks like the appropriate guy to kick some French ass.

Still, Taneesha could learn a word or two from her dueslist. bigsmile.gif

The next time I create a villain, he'll be from Germany, then I can write entire dialogues in German confidently and without dictionary. laugh.gif With French I needed to look every word up.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 26 2022, 11:11 PM
Post #246

Ancient
Group Icon

Lucy is nowhere to be found? Uh oh. Has some dastardly fiend kidnapped her to use against Miss V!

I honestly had not seen the Cass = Casanova until Taneesha spelled it out. Oi!

Uh oh, its the Frenchman, and he wants his gun back. This whole recently storyline is feeling a bit like a comic books, with all these outsized and exotic characters, like the Mouse Man, and now the Frenchman.

Cho is in town? If the Frenchman is dumb enough to make a move in Moriarity's he's not going to live very long. If he's smart, he will at least take it outside, or make some dire threat and stalk off, only to reappear later under better circumstances.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 11 12 13
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2022 - 10:57 PM