Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
Lopov
post Dec 26 2019, 11:30 AM
Post #3861

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 25 2019, 08:41 PM) *
Imho = Best to just have them use the Trade function. Plus, it might end up striking up a friendship to stop playing long enough to thank them; talk for a minute. That is the great part of Multiplayer!

Yes, what you describe, is easier in a way, but as Acadian said, it would interrupt the music. But it's okay, probably we won't get lots of gifts anyway. Yesterday in Rimmen some player sprinkled Garrick with flowers. He was playing his lute at the wayshrine so lots of players noticed him.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Dec 26 2019, 11:31 AM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 26 2019, 03:17 PM
Post #3862

Councilor
Group Icon

That's a very apt description of what this game is like, Lopov, all the rushing, all the constant battles, and so on. Garrick the Bard therefore has his place in Second Era Tamriel because he's sounding like the opposite of this. wink.gif

I am surprised though, that you did not name him Andrew new. laugh.gif

This picutre made me laugh. Reminds me of Shala, your bard from Skyrim a few years ago.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 26 2019, 06:58 PM
Post #3863

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Dec 26 2019, 05:30 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 25 2019, 08:41 PM) *
Imho = Best to just have them use the Trade function. Plus, it might end up striking up a friendship to stop playing long enough to thank them; talk for a minute. That is the great part of Multiplayer!

Yes, what you describe, is easier in a way, but as Acadian said, it would interrupt the music. But it's okay, probably we won't get lots of gifts anyway. Yesterday in Rimmen some player sprinkled Garrick with flowers. He was playing his lute at the wayshrine so lots of players noticed him.

I love those flower petals! You can throw them too = they are in the Guild Bank. Go to "Consumables" in the Guild Bank. Find the stack of gold colored "Containers." The one you want is the "Cherry Tree Branch."

It will be in your "Collections" list after you open it; you have to "Quick Slot" it to use it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 26 2019, 08:06 PM
Post #3864

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 26 2019, 03:17 PM) *

That's a very apt description of what this game is like, Lopov, all the rushing, all the constant battles, and so on. Garrick the Bard therefore has his place in Second Era Tamriel because he's sounding like the opposite of this. wink.gif

I am surprised though, that you did not name him Andrew new. laugh.gif

This picutre made me laugh. Reminds me of Shala, your bard from Skyrim a few years ago.

Good memory! Yes, Shala was a bard on Solstheim, I was using a mod with which NPCs would give him gold but the "problem" was that this gold was actually removed from their inventories so once they ran out of it, Shala didn't get any gold anymore. laugh.gif I'd need to wait for NPCs to reset their inventories or add gold to them with console commands but didn't feel like doing it.

I need a break from Shonta Quassan's fast-paced game, so Garrick serves a perfect character for a break.

Not everyone can be Andrew. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jan 2 2020, 01:28 PM
Post #3865

Mouth
Group Icon

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

People, people, PEOPLE.

Cincy and I completed the pledge for Banished Cells I on our own last night -- on VETERAN!

So there was a bit of stupidity on my part. I had read before that it was soloable, so when Maj al-Ragath had it as her pledge we jumped at the chance. As I started fighting the first few "trash" mobs in the dungeon, I noticed they had quite a lot of health, more than I remember from when we went there as a guild when Cincy was freshly inducted into the Undaunted. Don't remember when exactly I did it, but sure enough, I opened the map to check and I was on Veteran mode!

I don't know how this happened. I didn't check off Veteran difficulty, but now that I think about it, it must be because I already did the pledge on Normal difficulty that it automatically switched to Veteran. Well, I was in the thick of it and I hadn't died yet, so I pressed on. Shadowrend had 3 MILLION HP, and a new mechanic where he summoned a shadow version of himself every so often that had about 52K health. Came close to dying a few times, but still made it through. There was also a Bone Colossus boss I had to fight along the way to the end as well.

And then came Kinlord Rilis XII at the end. On Veteran difficulty before final bosses in group dungeons, you can invoke what's called a Scroll of Glorious Battle for extra difficulty and an achievement if you are victorious. Well, I wasn't. Rilis's health jumped from 4 MILLION to 4.6 MILLION HP. After I died, I decided to forgo the scroll and during the battle I found out an effective strategy for dealing with him. Periodically, healing orbs appear and very slowly travel around the battle area, seemingly aimlessly. Fortunately, Rilis doesn't deliberately go after these, so I played ring-around-the-rosie and kept backing up and drawing him away from the orbs as much as possible. Later in the battle, I used the Ice Comet Ultimate morph from the Mages Guild on the orbs whenever it charged so that I could wipe them out in case Rilis did catch them to heal. Fortunately, he didn't grab any except maybe once or twice. But I beat him! I won!

Now that I have figured out that strategy, I think I could have taken him on with the Scroll of Glorious Battle, because it seemed that it just added ~600K HP and he didn't actually do anything differently. I just didn't know how to keep him away from those heals. But whatever, I got what I came for. Maybe another time I'll do the extra difficulty.

In a way, it was more trouble than it was worth. On the other hand, it's one of my proudest accomplishments yet, if not the proudest.

----------------------------------------------------------

In other news, Evelona Mathieu passed Level 50 a few days ago! Cincy created sets of Twilight's Embrace and Julianos' (can't remember the full name) for her, and every armor piece is imbued with the Training trait to greatly speed up leveling. Since she is DPS and has a colossal amount of content to do, I think it'll be much quicker to ascend levels with her than with Cincy. So you'll probably see a lot more of her and less of Cincy online for the time being.

Also, she made a new friend in Sanguine's Demesne (no, not THAT kind of friend, if you catch my drift). It was a CP 324 player who hadn't played the game in a year, which I said I could relate to after a one-and-a-half year hiatus. She (assuming it was a she) was very nice.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Jan 2 2020, 01:29 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 2 2020, 01:43 PM
Post #3866

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, any dungeon on vet is too hard to solo in Buffy's book! biggrin.gif

Grats though - that is quite a feat!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 2 2020, 01:54 PM
Post #3867

Councilor
Group Icon

There are different difficulties in this game??? Dang, I guess I missed that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 2 2020, 02:15 PM
Post #3868

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 2 2020, 04:54 AM) *
There are different difficulties in this game??? Dang, I guess I missed that.

Not for the game itself but when you do a group dungeon, you can select either normal or veteran mode. In veteran mode, when you get to the final dungeon boss, you can activate a 'scroll of glorious battle' which activates 'hard mode' on that boss which is beyond vet. Scary stuff for little elves! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 2 2020, 03:50 PM
Post #3869

Master
Group Icon

On the 30th December I launched a new character, this time on the EU server, mostly because I found out that a colleague of mine has been playing ESO for years, and he has a bunch of established characters on the EU server already, so he invited me to play together from time to time. The second reason is, that after reading through various forums I got an impression that the game feels less crowded on the EU server, and after playing for a few days I share their opinion, but maybe it's more or less a coincidence, I don't have a firm opinion about it yet.

The downside is that DLCs and purchased stuff is server-exclusive, so I need to start from a scratch, on the other hand it feels like a fresh beginning. I don't care about achievements or unlockable collectibles, but I expected that DLCs would be the same. Fortunately, crowns are shared between the servers and I got a hefty 1,500 crowns for launching a new character on another server.

The advantage is that loading times are shorter. I never had an impression before that they're long, but they're slightly shorter on the EU server.

---

My new character is Nord nightblade / thief Tiger Cowrie, I'll pursue the Thieves Guild questline with him and do mostly lawless stuff, but no murdering unless he'll be forced to kill. I must say I'm impressed with Abah's Landing, it's the first town in ESO to fascinate me. Not only it seems bigger but it has more life to it than other towns I've seen. Narrow streets, large markets, hidden staircases, a beautiful port, and of course the desert surrounding it - I'm in love with Abah's landing. wub.gif It reminds me of old Turkish towns and of those in northern parts of Africa.

I'll also impose some roleplaying rules on Tiger's game, so it'll feel more like a roleplay experience, e.g. I'll limit his usage of wayshrines, the amount of carried items and others that will come to my mind during gameplay.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 2 2020, 05:37 PM
Post #3870

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jan 2 2020, 07:28 AM) *

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

People, people, PEOPLE.

Cincy and I completed the pledge for Banished Cells I on our own last night -- on VETERAN!

So there was a bit of stupidity on my part. I had read before that it was soloable, so when Maj al-Ragath had it as her pledge we jumped at the chance. As I started fighting the first few "trash" mobs in the dungeon, I noticed they had quite a lot of health, more than I remember from when we went there as a guild when Cincy was freshly inducted into the Undaunted. Don't remember when exactly I did it, but sure enough, I opened the map to check and I was on Veteran mode!

I don't know how this happened. I didn't check off Veteran difficulty, but now that I think about it, it must be because I already did the pledge on Normal difficulty that it automatically switched to Veteran. Well, I was in the thick of it and I hadn't died yet, so I pressed on. Shadowrend had 3 MILLION HP, and a new mechanic where he summoned a shadow version of himself every so often that had about 52K health. Came close to dying a few times, but still made it through. There was also a Bone Colossus boss I had to fight along the way to the end as well.

And then came Kinlord Rilis XII at the end. On Veteran difficulty before final bosses in group dungeons, you can invoke what's called a Scroll of Glorious Battle for extra difficulty and an achievement if you are victorious. Well, I wasn't. Rilis's health jumped from 4 MILLION to 4.6 MILLION HP. After I died, I decided to forgo the scroll and during the battle I found out an effective strategy for dealing with him. Periodically, healing orbs appear and very slowly travel around the battle area, seemingly aimlessly. Fortunately, Rilis doesn't deliberately go after these, so I played ring-around-the-rosie and kept backing up and drawing him away from the orbs as much as possible. Later in the battle, I used the Ice Comet Ultimate morph from the Mages Guild on the orbs whenever it charged so that I could wipe them out in case Rilis did catch them to heal. Fortunately, he didn't grab any except maybe once or twice. But I beat him! I won!

Now that I have figured out that strategy, I think I could have taken him on with the Scroll of Glorious Battle, because it seemed that it just added ~600K HP and he didn't actually do anything differently. I just didn't know how to keep him away from those heals. But whatever, I got what I came for. Maybe another time I'll do the extra difficulty.

In a way, it was more trouble than it was worth. On the other hand, it's one of my proudest accomplishments yet, if not the proudest.

----------------------------------------------------------

In other news, Evelona Mathieu passed Level 50 a few days ago! Cincy created sets of Twilight's Embrace and Julianos' (can't remember the full name) for her, and every armor piece is imbued with the Training trait to greatly speed up leveling. Since she is DPS and has a colossal amount of content to do, I think it'll be much quicker to ascend levels with her than with Cincy. So you'll probably see a lot more of her and less of Cincy online for the time being.

Also, she made a new friend in Sanguine's Demesne (no, not THAT kind of friend, if you catch my drift). It was a CP 324 player who hadn't played the game in a year, which I said I could relate to after a one-and-a-half year hiatus. She (assuming it was a she) was very nice.

Wow, Congrats on soloing in Vet mode! That is Awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 2 2020, 05:41 PM
Post #3871

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jan 2 2020, 07:28 AM) *

You have me confused. Evelona at L50 instantly becomes the some CP level as Cincy, as CP is account-wide. So why does she need Training gear?

And clearly they're on the same server, or Cincy couldn't have made the gear.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jan 2 2020, 05:42 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 2 2020, 05:51 PM
Post #3872

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jan 2 2020, 09:50 AM) *

On the 30th December I launched a new character, this time on the EU server, mostly because I found out that a colleague of mine has been playing ESO for years, and he has a bunch of established characters on the EU server already, so he invited me to play together from time to time. The second reason is, that after reading through various forums I got an impression that the game feels less crowded on the EU server, and after playing for a few days I share their opinion, but maybe it's more or less a coincidence, I don't have a firm opinion about it yet.

The downside is that DLCs and purchased stuff is server-exclusive, so I need to start from a scratch, on the other hand it feels like a fresh beginning. I don't care about achievements or unlockable collectibles, but I expected that DLCs would be the same. Fortunately, crowns are shared between the servers and I got a hefty 1,500 crowns for launching a new character on another server.

The advantage is that loading times are shorter. I never had an impression before that they're long, but they're slightly shorter on the EU server.

---

My new character is Nord nightblade / thief Tiger Cowrie, I'll pursue the Thieves Guild questline with him and do mostly lawless stuff, but no murdering unless he'll be forced to kill. I must say I'm impressed with Abah's Landing, it's the first town in ESO to fascinate me. Not only it seems bigger but it has more life to it than other towns I've seen. Narrow streets, large markets, hidden staircases, a beautiful port, and of course the desert surrounding it - I'm in love with Abah's landing. wub.gif It reminds me of old Turkish towns and of those in northern parts of Africa.

I'll also impose some roleplaying rules on Tiger's game, so it'll feel more like a roleplay experience, e.g. I'll limit his usage of wayshrines, the amount of carried items and others that will come to my mind during gameplay.

Yes, the EU server is def less crowded because the NA server carries all of the U.S.; Canada; Australia; and Japan. I know a few people that have used the EU; mostly just like you mentioned above = roleplay; because it is a bit "quieter" than the NA. Kazeara might be on there since she moved to Germany!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 2 2020, 07:27 PM
Post #3873

Master
Group Icon

I also noticed that more players on the EU server are using controllers. I recognize, when someone is using it, ever since I saw Renee's characters walking around, they're not moving at constant speed and sometimes it looks like they're jogging, not running. Their way of walking is definitely more "calm" in general.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jan 2 2020, 08:18 PM
Post #3874

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 2 2020, 11:37 AM) *

Wow, Congrats on soloing in Vet mode! That is Awesome!

Thank you. It was quite a gauntlet Cincy went through.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 2 2020, 11:41 AM) *

You have me confused. Evelona at L50 instantly becomes the some CP level as Cincy, as CP is account-wide. So why does she need Training gear?

And clearly they're on the same server, or Cincy couldn't have made the gear.

Now that she doesn't have to worry about level-scaling anymore, Cincy made her sets that she can continually wear and level up CPs quickly. Cincy can get them at a decent pace, but he has a lot less content to do and can't get them as quickly since he isn't heavy on the DPS. So Evelona will get CPs much quicker than Cincy will.

The training trait doesn't matter what level you are (as long as you haven't completely maxed out, obviously). It affects the experience you get from kills regardless of whether you are pre-L50 or in CP territory. So yes, she jumped up to Cincy's level and they are on the same server, but with the Training trait stacking on all 7 pieces of armor, it has increased the XP she gets per kill to a good amount more than what Cincy gets. And she kills faster as a DPS. I'm trying to get to CP810 faster in whatever ways I can, hence why I made the training trait for her but Cincy is still my main and has different traits for his armor.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Jan 2 2020, 08:19 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 2 2020, 08:52 PM
Post #3875

Councilor
Group Icon

Someone else will probably chime in with an aspect I hadn't thought about, but my understanding of XP gains after CP level was that Enlightenment was the major effect, and training trait, XP scrolls, event boosts etc. just made you burn through that faster, so you'd only use those if you were in danger of losing enlightenment to the cap.

I suppose it depends a lot on how much you play, as the effect is account-wide. If you're not playing a lot, then training gear would help make the most of the enlightenment.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 2 2020, 10:16 PM
Post #3876

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jan 2 2020, 01:27 PM) *

I also noticed that more players on the EU server are using controllers. I recognize, when someone is using it, ever since I saw Renee's characters walking around, they're not moving at constant speed and sometimes it looks like they're jogging, not running. Their way of walking is definitely more "calm" in general.

Anyone's characters can walk though; whether you use a controller or not! (so can your horses!)

To get your character and horse to walk:

Press "Escape" to access the game settings menu.

Choose "Controls" on the "drop down list."

Scroll down till you find the "Walk" option. Click on it to set a key; and choose an (unused by the game) key to assign to it.

** Most people use the number 7 on their keyboard to toggle walking; not sure why (but probably because the game doesn't use it and it is convenient to reach).

Click on the key you want to assign to walking; then accept it and go back to your game.

Now whenever you want to walk; click on the number 7 key and your character will walk when you press "W" and jog if you press the "Shift" key while pressing the "W" = and your horse will also walk if you are riding; which is what I like best.

When you want to run again: Just click the 7 key again; and your character will go back to running till you click on 7 again.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 2 2020, 10:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 2 2020, 10:40 PM
Post #3877

Master
Group Icon

I know this, thanks, my characters walk most of the time, but they move differently if someone's using a controller, the speed of moving around isn't constant. Some NPCs in the game can be seen walking in the same way.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Jan 2 2020, 10:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 2 2020, 11:12 PM
Post #3878

Councilor
Group Icon

I know what you mean. There is a distinct jog/trot gait that you see between the walk and run speeds when you use a controller. I love the horse trot. Variable speed is the main reason I use a controller.

Congrats, Rader! Well done!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 2 2020, 11:16 PM
Post #3879

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jan 2 2020, 04:40 PM) *

I know this, thanks, my characters walk most of the time, but they move differently if someone's using a controller, the speed of moving around isn't constant. Some NPCs in the game can be seen walking in the same way.

Ooh, I didn't know about this or notice it! Thanks for telling me about it!

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 2 2020, 05:12 PM) *

I know what you mean. There is a distinct jog/trot gait that you see between the walk and run speeds when you use a controller. I love the horse trot. Variable speed is the main reason I use a controller.

Congrats, Rader! Well done!!

Now I'm intrigued! I will most def try to see what you are talking about next time I see Jerric!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 4 2020, 09:57 PM
Post #3880

Councilor
Group Icon

Anita Greatsword had a rather good day today, exploring the wild areas around Windhelm. She sold some gear in the Windhelm Fighters Guild first, then tried to buy another 2-handed sword. Oddly, nobody in the Fighters Guild sells 2-handers, so she bought an ordinary iron longsword + shield. Ordinary iron armor too, plus a few other miscellaneous items.

Good to go viking.gif Rawr!!!

So today's session was devoted to gaining some experience in new skills. She picked up a quest which wasn't so bad. Bring 8 wolf pelts to some starving people living outside in the cold. No problem, she had already been pwning wolves all afternoon.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 4 2020, 10:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 192 193 194 195 196 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:42 PM