Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 - no spoilers, Are the rumors true?
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 1 2017, 04:26 AM
Post #421

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 30 2017, 10:02 PM) *

I do have the latest patch. But I quit and restarted, and afterward the console command to set NPCs essential worked on Jack. He survived the entire battle of Parsons, so it must have worked. I imagine Ada is still dead though. I have not gone back to check in a while. But I can use the resurrect command on her, and the setstage commands to get that quest going if I really need to.

Hmmm, strange. Well at least it's working for you now.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 6 2017, 02:08 AM
Post #422

Ancient
Group Icon

I got Ada resurrected. But she would not stand up. Instead she just crawled around on the ground. I found that disable and enable fixed that, and she worked normally. Well mostly. In the final battle with the Mechanist she got killed. I checked with the console, and she was still marked as essential. After I resurrected her again, she commenced to walk up the walls and then levitate around the room. Just another day in a Bethesda game... whistling.gif

Then when I tried to dismiss her later, I never got the option to send her to a settlement. And she did not dismiss. Instead she continued to follow me around. I had to recruit another follower to truly dismiss Ada. Apparently this is a well-known issue with Ada however, not a new bug.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 6 2017, 02:30 AM
Post #423

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 5 2017, 08:08 PM) *

I got Ada resurrected. But she would not stand up. Instead she just crawled around on the ground. I found that disable and enable fixed that, and she worked normally. Well mostly. In the final battle with the Mechanist she got killed. I checked with the console, and she was still marked as essential. After I resurrected her again, she commenced to walk up the walls and then levitate around the room. Just another day in a Bethesda game... whistling.gif

Then when I tried to dismiss her later, I never got the option to send her to a settlement. And she did not dismiss. Instead she continued to follow me around. I had to recruit another follower to truly dismiss Ada. Apparently this is a well-known issue with Ada however, not a new bug.

Lol, quick! Someone call the Exorcist! Ada is possessed by the devil!!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 12 2017, 10:46 PM
Post #424

Ancient
Group Icon

Hecate built a stone wall completely surrounding Sanctuary. The only way in or out is at the bridge, which is blanketed with gun turrets. But two days in a row there have been Raider attacks that began inside the settlement. The Raiders seem to be spawning in one of the houses at the mouth of the cul-de-sac, on the north side of the settlement.

Is that normal? I built the darn walls to keep Raiders and other pests out!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 12 2017, 10:49 PM
Post #425

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 12 2017, 03:46 PM) *

Hecate built a stone wall completely surrounding Sanctuary. The only way in or out is at the bridge, which is blanketed with gun turrets. But two days in a row there have been Raider attacks that began inside the settlement. The Raiders seem to be spawning in one of the houses at the mouth of the cul-de-sac, on the north side of the settlement.

Is that normal? I built the darn walls to keep Raiders and other pests out!

Nice!! It looks positively imposing!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 12 2017, 10:59 PM
Post #426

Ancient
Group Icon

I spent hours building that wall. I am still filling it with turrets. Now it all seems to have been pointless.

Sadly, attackers spawning inside settlements seems pretty common. It appears that Bethesda never imagined that people might want to defend their settlements with walls (what a crazy idea after all. It is not like anyone has ever done that in human history!).

It is possible that not fast-traveling to a settlement under attack, and instead fast traveling to someplace nearby and hoofing it the rest of the way will keep them from spawning inside. But I am not positive. I am going to see if I can find the spawn point in the Construction Kit and move it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 12 2017, 11:06 PM
Post #427

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 12 2017, 03:59 PM) *

I spent hours building that wall. I am still filling it with turrets. Now it all seems to have been pointless.

Sadly, attackers spawning inside settlements seems pretty common. It appears that Bethesda never imagined that people might want to defend their settlements with walls (what a crazy idea after all. It is not like anyone has ever done that in human history!).

It is possible that not fast-traveling to a settlement under attack, and instead fast traveling to someplace nearby and hoofing it the rest of the way will keep them spawning inside. But I am not positive. I am going to see if I can find the spawn point in the Construction Kit and move it.

Yeah you can definitely move that spawn point. Khajiit has played around with this a little bit.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 12 2017, 11:37 PM
Post #428

Ancient
Group Icon

It looks like it is the X-Marker Headings that they spawn at. But they are all located outside my walls. Perhaps they spawn within a certain distance of the X-Markers? I will have to try moving them back farther.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 12 2017, 11:41 PM
Post #429

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 12 2017, 04:37 PM) *

It looks like it is the X-Marker Headings that they spawn at. But they are all located outside my walls. Perhaps they spawn within a certain distance of the X-Markers? I will have to try moving them back farther.

Hmmm, yeah try that and see what happens. Weird.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 14 2017, 02:01 AM
Post #430

Ancient
Group Icon

I rediscovered a neat trick today that I had forgotten. The cage doors with metal bars latching them can be shot open from a distance. Hecate just did that with her sniper rifle to open the doors to the Mirelurk pens in Thicket Excavations. It was fun to watch the chaos that followed from a safe distance!

I now recall that I did it once before, in a little shack on top of a building. The door was latched from the inside so you could not get in. But you could see it through an open window. That time I shot the latch through the window and the door popped open.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 14 2017, 02:20 AM
Post #431

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 13 2017, 07:01 PM) *

I rediscovered a neat trick today that I had forgotten. The cage doors with metal bars latching them can be shot open from a distance. Hecate just did that with her sniper rifle to open the doors to the Mirelurk pens in Thicket Excavations. It was fun to watch the chaos that followed from a safe distance!

I now recall that I did it once before, in a little shack on top of a building. The door was latched from the inside so you could not get in. But you could see it through an open window. That time I shot the latch through the window and the door popped open.

Cool! When next Khajiit was plays he’ll be on the lookout for these doors!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 24 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #432

Master
Group Icon

Fellow Commonwealthers beware - there is an update dropping today for FO4.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 13 2018, 08:09 PM
Post #433

Ancient
Group Icon

I just avoided it by shutting down Steam and going to offline mode. What pains in the rears these guys are.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 25 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #434

Ancient
Group Icon

I have been having a weird bug for several months now. Essential status does not work on any NPCs in the game. I first found this out a while back when going to first meet Ada outside Wattz Electronics. She was killed by the Mechanist's robots before I could even reach her. Needless to say, she is essential. I had to use the console to resurrect her, and add health to her, in order to finish the Mechanist questline.

I found similar things happening to other companions. I have used the console on their dead bodies, and they are indeed set to essential. I recently tried a mod that changes essential npcs to protected. But even after that I found Lucas Miller dead, when he is supposed to be invulnerable (people joke about nuking him).

I have only found a post of this ever happening to one other person over a year ago. Of course there was no solution mentioned. I have tried disabling all mods except the official DLCs. But that still does not change anything. So it must be something in the core game.

I am now trying a full reinstall of the game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 26 2018, 12:10 AM
Post #435

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2018, 11:12 AM) *

I have been having a weird bug for several months now. Essential status does not work on any NPCs in the game. I first found this out a while back when going to first meet Ada outside Wattz Electronics. She was killed by the Mechanist's robots before I could even reach her. Needless to say, she is essential. I had to use the console to resurrect her, and add health to her, in order to finish the Mechanist questline.

I found similar things happening to other companions. I have used the console on their dead bodies, and they are indeed set to essential. I recently tried a mod that changes essential npcs to protected. But even after that I found Lucas Miller dead, when he is supposed to be invulnerable (people joke about nuking him).

I have only found a post of this ever happening to one other person over a year ago. Of course there was no solution mentioned. I have tried disabling all mods except the official DLCs. But that still does not change anything. So it must be something in the core game.

I am now trying a full reinstall of the game.

Very weird. Have you downloaded any of the patches since Creation Crap?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2018, 02:17 AM
Post #436

Ancient
Group Icon

Yes, I have been keeping it up to date. I thought it might be an update that caused the bug. The one person I have seen posting the same issue did so over a year ago. So I don't know what to think.

In other news, I got the game reinstalled, and added the mods all over again. It worked for a while. Now Mod Organizer magically stopped working. It refuses to start with F4SE. This is a known issue with Mod Organizer. It has happened to me a long time ago in the past. But I cannot remember how I fixed it. So far none of the suggestions I have found have worked.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 26 2018, 02:37 AM
Post #437

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2018, 07:17 PM) *

Yes, I have been keeping it up to date. I thought it might be an update that caused the bug. The one person I have seen posting the same issue did so over a year ago. So I don't know what to think.

In other news, I got the game reinstalled, and added the mods all over again. It worked for a while. Now Mod Organizer magically stopped working. It refuses to start with F4SE. This is a known issue with Mod Organizer. It has happened to me a long time ago in the past. But I cannot remember how I fixed it. So far none of the suggestions I have found have worked.

Damn. One thing after another, smh

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2018, 02:46 AM
Post #438

Ancient
Group Icon

I fixed it by deleting Better Console, an F4SE mod.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 26 2018, 02:59 AM
Post #439

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2018, 07:46 PM) *

I fixed it by deleting Better Console, an F4SE mod.

There you go! Glad you figured it out!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 26 2018, 01:36 PM
Post #440

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2018, 12:12 PM) *

I have only found a post of this ever happening to one other person over a year ago. Of course there was no solution mentioned.

Ha! I've been here so many times... like being in a desert full of thirst, you keep seeing that mirage just ahead...

--------------------
+Quote Post

25 Pages V « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:42 PM