Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> It must be install time again...
PhonAntiPhon
post Jul 20 2014, 11:34 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

...I've got spare files all over the desktop and I'm trying to compare ini files...

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Decrepit
post Aug 31 2017, 03:52 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

I'll revive this thread, however briefly or not so briefly, to mention that I remain undecided as to porting my long-running second play-through to the "new" PC or at some point morphing my Experimental Oblivion Build into an honest play-through. I still lean toward the former (assuming it's possible) but can't rule out the latter. Odd as it might seem to some, one point in favor of starting afresh is the chance to watch my avatar close all those Oblivion Gates again. (You might recall he closed every Gate he chanced upon, which ended up being all be a couple of them.) Those were great fun times I still remember fondly. Too, there are some mod changed I'd like to make that aren't feasible with the second play-through.

No great rush. I've still more mods to audition on the Experimental Build, and visual issues to iron out. That should keep me busy for some time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 31 2017, 03:59 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 31 2017, 10:52 AM) *

I'll revive this thread, however briefly or not so briefly, to mention that I remain undecided as to porting my long-running second play-through to the "new" PC or at some point morphing my Experimental Oblivion Build into an honest play-through. I still lean toward the former (assuming it's possible) but can't rule out the latter. Odd as it might seem to some, one point in favor of starting afresh is the chance to watch my avatar close all those Oblivion Gates again. (You might recall he closed every Gate he chanced upon, which ended up being all be a couple of them.) Those were great fun times I still remember fondly. Too, there are some mod changed I'd like to make that aren't feasible with the second play-through.

No great rush. I've still more mods to audition on the Experimental Build, and visual issues to iron out. That should keep me busy for some time.

Since there are 90 gates and you can only close 60, a fresh start is the only way to get the other 30. OCD requires you to play two games! I don't recall if any of the Oblivion quests had alternative endings, like not being able to choose both sides in Skyrim's Civil War, but the new game would be the chance to take the other path where applicable.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:31 PM