Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
mALX
post Dec 4 2018, 03:51 AM
Post #3301

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Dec 3 2018, 07:15 PM) *

It's the character that accepts the log-in reward that gets credit for acquiring the AP, and it does count towards skill-ups. However, one level takes 30,000, 60,000, or 90,000 (for levels 4, 5 and six, where you get Warhorn, Vigor, and Caltrops) so the 2,000 at a time doesn't go far. It's 1/4 of one BG round, and it's for one character maximum, on the days it happens. We haven't received enough AP in total for one level-up in Alliance, even if we carefully took them all on one character.

Transfers between characters don't acquire any more AP for the account, so do nothing. You can't transfer between players, only one player's characters via the bank. Banking your AP doesn't lose your skill-up record, as it only counts it coming in from outside.

Okay, now this explains exactly what I was wondering; thank you so much!!!

Okay, so (taking Ghastley's advice) = I PUG'd three Battlegrounds and brought Misa up from ranking 3 in the Alliance War to rank 4. She now has Purge and War Horn; which she couldn't get before.

The first two matches she was not the lowest score at the end of the matches (she was the next one up from the bottom). The third match she had the lowest score of all three teams! So = she did not do well at all. I seriously considered putting her in Britta's PvP gear and changing her CP Points to her PvP build, lol. It was embarrassing! But I'm going back for more, laugh.gif

So by your figures above = right now I need to do about 6 more matches to reach rank 5; and then about 13 more matches after that to get rank 6. I'll do it! Thanks, Ghastley!

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 6 2018, 01:46 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 5 2018, 03:15 PM
Post #3302

Councilor
Group Icon

Laurie was cleaning up her list of quests that had been started, but not finished. The kind where you spoke to someone , thinking it was part of your current quest, but it began a new one. In this case it was Tharayya's Trail, where she'd read a note in a Dwemer ruin. That quest actually ends in Volenfell, as soon as you find her and talk to her, but you find you're solo in a group dungeon, and it's not obvious that you've finished.

Laurie got surprising far, almost beating the first boss, before we reviewed the journal, and discovered the first quest was already complete. But now we have another, that requires a group to complete it. sad.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 5 2018, 03:19 PM
Post #3303

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Dec 5 2018, 08:15 AM) *

Laurie was cleaning up her list of quests that had been started, but not finished. The kind where you spoke to someone , thinking it was part of your current quest, but it began a new one. In this case it was Tharayya's Trail, where she'd read a note in a Dwemer ruin. That quest actually ends in Volenfell, as soon as you find her and talk to her, but you find you're solo in a group dungeon, and it's not obvious that you've finished.

Laurie got surprising far, almost beating the first boss, before we reviewed the journal, and discovered the first quest was already complete. But now we have another, that requires a group to complete it. sad.gif

Uggh that one is a nightmare too.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 5 2018, 03:32 PM
Post #3304

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 5 2018, 09:19 AM) *

Chorrolites to the rescue!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 5 2018, 03:45 PM
Post #3305

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 5 2018, 08:32 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 5 2018, 09:19 AM) *

Chorrolites to the rescue!!!

Yes, Khajiit was very grateful the Chorrolites helped him clear that, and apologizes again to Buffy and Acadian for the trouble this one caused at the end by getting us stuck in the dungeon.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 5 2018, 04:00 PM
Post #3306

Councilor
Group Icon

I was at least fortunate that this was Laurie, who's a tank. Or not, because it also means that she has minimal offence. Not a glass cannon, but a granite noodle. If the enemy has any health regeneration, she's usually unable to wear them down. On the other hand, they're often not doing her a lot of damage either.

The time I was there with Unna, I found that I'd only got the glass part of her build completed. tongue.gif At least that gets discovered quickly. Unna wasn't doing that quest, just exploring the zone, and seeing what she could manage on her own, which wasn't much.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 5 2018, 04:04 PM
Post #3307

Paladin
Group Icon

Not remembering clearly. I know V-fell has the three storm atronach bosses that share health so by burning down one, the others are almost dead when the first one falls. And the blue one stands still so is the easiest one to burn down. Then I'm thinking that is the one where you have to escape through a door else a never ending stream of foes besieges you. That neverending foe mechanic can cause plenty of glitch type problems.

For Khajiit, there are those of us who have been flumoxed/frustrated by that mechanic and those of us who will be. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 5 2018, 04:51 PM
Post #3308

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 5 2018, 09:04 AM) *

For Khajiit, there are those of us who have been flumoxed/frustrated by that mechanic and those of us who will be. biggrin.gif

Well Khajiit feels that once we could safely stand around without being attacked it should have reverted to a non combat state and allowed us to leave. As it was, this one only escaped by bombing the program and then restarting his PC. Quite annoying.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 6 2018, 02:56 AM
Post #3309

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 3 2018, 09:51 PM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ Dec 3 2018, 07:15 PM) *

It's the character that accepts the log-in reward that gets credit for acquiring the AP, and it does count towards skill-ups. However, one level takes 30,000, 60,000, or 90,000 (for levels 4, 5 and six, where you get Warhorn, Vigor, and Caltrops) so the 2,000 at a time doesn't go far. It's 1/4 of one BG round, and it's for one character maximum, on the days it happens. We haven't received enough AP in total for one level-up in Alliance, even if we carefully took them all on one character.

Transfers between characters don't acquire any more AP for the account, so do nothing. You can't transfer between players, only one player's characters via the bank. Banking your AP doesn't lose your skill-up record, as it only counts it coming in from outside.

Okay, now this explains exactly what I was wondering; thank you so much!!!

Okay, so (taking Ghastley's advice) = I PUG'd three Battlegrounds and brought Misa up from ranking 3 in the Alliance War to rank 4. She now has Purge and War Horn; which she couldn't get before.

The first two matches she was not the lowest score at the end of the matches (she was the next one up from the bottom). The third match she had the lowest score of all three teams! So = she did not do well at all. I seriously considered putting her in Britta's PvP gear and changing her CP Points to her PvP build, lol. It was embarrassing! But I'm going back for more, laugh.gif

So by your figures above = right now I need to do about 6 more matches to reach rank 5; and then about 13 more matches after that to get rank 6. I'll do it! Thanks, Ghastley!

WOO HOO, it only took 5 matches to reach rank 5! I changed my front bar to a bow and put on one set of PvP gear; and it made a huge difference in the number of my kills!

I even placed second highest in my team twice, and one time my team came in second instead of last!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 6 2018, 01:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 8 2018, 08:57 PM
Post #3310

Councilor
Group Icon

Ok, so who broke the Battleground?

Minx did a few this morning and got her Vigor, queued again to start on Caltrops, and got stuck at the start of a BG "waiting for Players". After about ten minutes in that state, players were quitting in frustration as fast as new ones were added, and we gave up. Went and had lunch while we waited out the penalty, and found the same situation the next time.

Left it for a while and it fixed itself. Minx now has her caltrops, and she and a few others will be chasing Dawnbreaker next. And then maybe Wizwen will go for Purge. Or Minx will want to get to L50 and join the others.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Dec 9 2018, 12:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Dec 9 2018, 08:35 PM
Post #3311

Master
Group Icon

Izinami is checking out a strange affliction in Rivenspire- and pack-muling gear for Hrolf to decon. The biggest problem has been a lack of bank space to transfer the goods. So,

Hrolf pulled some Glenumbra treasure maps out of the bank and took his shovel along on a little jaunt. He is also looking into a pest problem up around Aldcroft... flea-bitten lycanthropes in this case.

Trey is getting the fun assignment of being the designated tag-along for any Undaunted pledges or WB runs... he likes the whole "surviving" aspect of grouping up with friends- even if he still has trouble with bridges....

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 10 2018, 03:25 PM
Post #3312

Councilor
Group Icon

Spreads just remembered that she didn't get her soul back, so we finished off Coldharbour, and we'll be doing the final quest next. Minx probably won't be far behind. She's at Level 36 and has most of the skills she'll need. A few more rounds of dolmens - maybe as FG dailies - to get Dawnbreaker, and she'll get back to MQ.

Everyone else is just doing crafting research as slots become available. Laurie will probably have a need for some more Nirnhoned in the next few days, but each piece takes nearly a month at this point.

And I'm getting the itch to buy another character slot and create a Templar Healer, since I don't have one. I don't have a Breton on the team, either. There's no Imperial, but I don't feel that's an issue, as Clark needs a non-participant ancestor (who could report on the Alliance wars, if I get inspired).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 11 2018, 11:16 PM
Post #3313

Paladin
Group Icon

Nice to see that Trey and Co. is enjoying their adventures in ESO Tamriel. And Buffy's fallen off that exact bridge at least once.

Grats to some of ghastley's characters as they wind up their main quests! A Breton healing templar is a great choice. It would be wonderful to see another here at chorrol 'called' by the healing arts.

As I think you know, there are several variations (characters) of Buffy and she moves among them as easily as she changes costumes or hairstyles. Her primary and most favored choice on any given day is to grab her healing staff as a templar healer. Her next choice is to pick up her bows as a stamina sorceress archer. Her third choice is to grab her lightning staves as a magicka sorceress. She does have other variants but they have mostly proven to be experiments verifying her primary choices.

One of her projects as healer now is to slowly savor Murkmire. Like Valenwood and Shadowfen, she comfortably wraps forest/jungle/swampland around her and is ever so much at home in the lush greenery. She is perhaps a third of the way through Murkmire now. Her tastes are quirky and eclectic to be sure but she quite favors the zone and its quests so far.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Dec 12 2018, 04:08 AM
Post #3314

Mouth
Group Icon

Man, I really just dropped ESO when I finished the Murkmire questline. I was waiting for the Elder Argonian motif to be released but as far as I know that hasn't happened yet.

So I've gone back to doing more sidequests in Murkmire. Right now Hates is fishing for rare fish. Got everything in River and Lake water, and all but the blue fish in Foul. Almost there. :v

Next I'll see about finishing the calendar, and maybe talking to Chioxith

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 12 2018, 03:48 PM
Post #3315

Councilor
Group Icon

So I bought a character slot and created Floozie De Fault (named after a Skyrim test character who developed into a keeper). Breton Templar destined for healing, but using a frost staff for now. She started at Seyda Neen, (as I don't have Summerset), my first character to do that. She's reached level 5 and is doing the first few Vvardenfell quests.

I'm not sure if I'll take her over to the mainland when she gets to 6, for the craft certifications, which I don't think can be done on Vvardenfell. All of my characters craft, and I log each one in every day to do their next research, but I may want to break the habit, so she can spend all her skill points elsewhere, and maybe level faster. Minx has all the XP scrolls right now, as she's trying to get up to L50, but any left over will go to Floozie.

Any hints on how to get a healer through the learning stages? If I give her a resto staff before she can bar-swap she'll be weak for PvE - I found that out on PTS trying it out before taking the plunge. I suspect there are also skills she'll want early, but then stop using later.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 12 2018, 07:37 PM
Post #3316

Paladin
Group Icon

Sure. Good skills from Templar she'll want forever include Puncturing Sweeps, Breath of Life, Extended Ritual, Channeled Focus, Luminous Shards, Reflective Light, Purifying Light. Similarly from Destruction Staff - Elemental Drain and Blockade. If you're tight on points, that alone will level her up surviveably. I'd focus on those till you get your second bar then go Resto Staff on second bar. Try all three variants of the Destruction staves. You'll find that most of the higher level healers prefer lightning (Buffy included) but there is no penalty for trying them all as you level.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 12 2018, 08:55 PM
Post #3317

Councilor
Group Icon

She's at the "use whatever you can get" stage, as it's not worth having ones made for her while she's outgrowing them so fast. Her latest is a frost staff, but it will swap out if a better option turns up. Of course, she's only got the base skills (if at all) of that list, and nothing has reached being morphed yet. I'm feeling that we'll concentrate on the offensive skills, and the self-heals at first, and leave the heal-other ones for later.

The resto staff will wait until it's put on the back bar. I checked out using one on PTS, and it's not viable alone, or with only one or two skills to slot. And we took the Aedric Spear offensive skills before the Restoring Light defensive ones, despite the Level Advisor. We'll end up with the same list, but their priorities are strange.

One thing I note, looking at the Alcast/Deltia/etc. builds, is that the Templars use more of their class skills than the others, who seem to use more weapon/guild/alliance ones. If I follow their recommendations, Unna would only use a single DK skill!

Wizwen has been built to be a healer, but as a Sorc, the game wanted her to be using offence, and the early stuff was simpler that way.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 12 2018, 10:21 PM
Post #3318

Councilor
Group Icon

ghastley, most of mine have used a dead-slotted skill while leveling to make sure all of their lines moved up together. For example Steams-Many-Mudcrabs uses two destruction staves, but she has a Restoration skill on each of her bars. That way no matter what she’s doing, she is raising her Resto skill line for the future. Of course this means she can only use 4 of the 5 skills while one is dead-slotted, but that’s not been a problem.

Congratulations on the new crew member, and a warm welcome to Floozie!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Dec 13 2018, 01:00 AM
Post #3319

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Dec 11 2018, 09:08 PM) *

So I've gone back to doing more sidequests in Murkmire. Right now Hates is fishing for rare fish. Got everything in River and Lake water, and all but the blue fish in Foul. Almost there. :v

I hooked the blue foul water fish in like 4 casts with only three minutes left on my fish bowl. :U
I love how all the foul water fish in Murkmire have names that sound like they're in Nahuatl. (Come to think of it they may actually be Mexican fish, I should look them up)

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 13 2018, 03:16 PM
Post #3320

Councilor
Group Icon

Floozie parked the Vvardenfell quest when she hit 6 and went over to the mainland for certifications, and to join the fighters and mages guilds, none of which are possible on the island. She got a couple of levels out of exploring, as the certification was done in her Alliance base of Daggerfall, but she somehow had to go to Auridon for the guilds(!?) We were directed there by flyers posted on walls in Balmora, which we read while looking for others that were part of the local quests.

To make the confusion worse, Curinure's quest marker is there, but he isn't, so she can't join the MG. Aicessar behaved, so she joined the FG, and took the Intimidation passive, which may be all she wants from them. We tried logging out and back in, but the invisible (and unusable) mage persists. I'll try again tonight.

A fire staff has replaced her frost staff for a time, and she's got her first destruction staff skill to go with it. Templar skills are starting to offer morphs, but she's barely filled her first bar yet. And just like a woman, as soon as she could afford to do it, she created an outfit to wear.. That's Fang Lair chest, Redguard pants and bracers, Dark Elf boots, Dremora epaulets and Daedric sash.

Since I don't have Summerset, I can't check (even on PTS) whether the same problem exists on that island. I did have PTS access during beta, and I thought that I managed to join the guilds without leaving, but could only get Jewelry certification there. Can someone confirm my memory? I pointed out the limitations of Alinor as a starting character's hub, but my main complaint was the lack of resources for characters who didn't have stock in their craft bag - i.e. new players, rather than just an alt. I can't remember all the details about what else forced me back to the Alliance hubs.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Dec 13 2018, 03:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 164 165 166 167 168 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:27 PM