Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

121 Pages V « < 53 54 55 56 57 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
tegeus-Cromis
post Oct 30 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #1081

Finder
Group Icon

Oh come on Kahreem, you can do it! (I'm dying to see what happens when he gets his mitts on the Cowl of Nocturnal. There goes the neighbourhood.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 30 2017, 07:36 PM
Post #1082

Spam Meister
Group Icon

"How the fokke do the adventurers like Lothran and Renee Gade II make a living at this bull crappe?"

-Well, for one thing they don't read out loud in full light surrounded by undead... biggrin.gif

Now jump, Kahreem! Jump for glory!!

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 30 2017, 07:50 PM
Post #1083

Paladin
Group Icon

Poor Kahreem is much better suited for stealing horses and outrunning Legionaires than dungeon crawling like those famous adventurers do. Harder than it looks, eh, Weet Bandit? tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 30 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #1084

Ancient
Group Icon

I hope Khareem doesn't take an arrow to the knee while he is down there tussling with the undead!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 30 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #1085

Councilor
Group Icon

Was it tmar's Baa that had the ability to jump tall buildings at a single bound? Acrobatics fortified to 1000% or something off the scale? He was always posting pictures of her perched in places mortals should avoid.

I seem to remember it was because that is one of the few that don't cap at 100, and he wanted to see what was possible, only stopping when it got TOO silly. Almost "Scrolls of Icarian Flight" silly.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Oct 30 2017, 10:26 PM
Post #1086

Finder
Group Icon

Thieves Guild is the best of all the main questlines, I think. Bit sad when you get to the end of it, really. But what the heck, there's always something new to steal...
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 30 2017, 11:09 PM
Post #1087

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(tegeus-Cromis @ Oct 30 2017, 02:26 PM) *

Thieves Guild is the best of all the main questlines, I think. Bit sad when you get to the end of it, really. But what the heck, there's always something new to steal...

Agreed. It is, ultimately, a love story after all. happy.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Oct 30 2017, 11:54 PM
Post #1088

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 31 2017, 12:09 AM) *

Agreed. It is, ultimately, a love story after all. happy.gif

Might make a good narrative from the Grey Fox's POV, actually. Assuming he does something with his life apart from waiting for the hero to go fetch, of course. Be a bit dull, though, if he just hangs around other people's houses sighing wistfully for his lost love. He does keep going on about outstaying his welcome...

This post has been edited by tegeus-Cromis: Oct 30 2017, 11:55 PM
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 31 2017, 02:59 AM
Post #1089

Paladin
Group Icon

True enough. I think Buffy was moved by the questline because she identified with the lonely Countess Millona and her missing mate. To help reunite them made the questline for Buffy.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 31 2017, 12:56 PM
Post #1090

Master
Group Icon

The fokkinge zombie just will not go away, now that it senses some body-heat, or whatever it senses. But at least it doesn't attack. Kahreem begins doing something he's never done before: picking a lock with a foul undead standing by his side!

When reading this I thought that the only thing missing right now is Kahreem drinking some cheap wine but then a few paragrahps down he's already sipping an ale. laugh.gif

"How the fokke do the adventurers like Lothran and Renee Gade II make a living at this bull crappe?"

-Well, for one thing they don't read out loud in full light surrounded by undead... biggrin.gif

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 5 2017, 04:07 AM
Post #1091

Councilor
Group Icon

eit

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 5 2017, 05:55 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Nov 5 2017, 02:55 PM
Post #1092

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 5 2017, 05:07 AM) *

eit

Suppose that could be Enhanced Interrogation Technique or Engineer In Training, but for Khareem I'll go with Eliminating Idle Time or, especially, Entrepreneurship Intensity Track.

+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 5 2017, 03:07 PM
Post #1093

Councilor
Group Icon

Sorry 'bout that! I had some technical matters as I was gaming last night. I did write up a story though, hopefully I'll be able to post it today.

--------------------
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Nov 5 2017, 03:29 PM
Post #1094

Finder
Group Icon

If Khareem's still stuck, you know, I'm sure no-one here will mind if you give him a little bit of console help. Everyone needs a bit of tcl from time to time. (Groan. Sorry, couldn't resist...)

This post has been edited by tegeus-Cromis: Nov 5 2017, 03:31 PM
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 5 2017, 04:15 PM
Post #1095

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(tegeus-Cromis @ Nov 5 2017, 09:29 AM) *

If Khareem's still stuck, you know, I'm sure no-one here will mind if you give him a little bit of console help. Everyone needs a bit of tcl from time to time. (Groan. Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Nope. Xbox, so no console. Only hardcore gaming goin' on here. wink.gif

----------

Sun's Height 6, 3rd Era Year 434

Days Passed: 314

IPB Image

Halls and corridors, chambers and alcoves, gates and locking devices. Just when it seems as though it'll never end, when he cannot stand the sound of yet another shambling zombie, Kahreem of Weet comes to a rather expansive room, dark and bluish, which once housed dozens of wickedly-magical Ayelids. But now, this place harbors nobody, nobody of reason, anyways.

He curses yet again. By now, he's so far underground. Really missing the outside world. Really missing civilization. Really missing being an outlaw who gets to live in plain sight of civilization. Missing sunlight. Missing his favorite wine. But he can't go back now. It'd probably take over a day to get to the part when he was under the Market District. And just the thought of those vampires.

Luckily, he seems to be headed in the right direction. The large, bluish room he's in is populated by one skelton and one zombie. The skeleton creaks and the zombie squeaks. There is one door on the far side of the room, which has no knob. He notices there are two push-blocks, each located on opposite sides of the room, but to get to these push-blocks, he must jump to an upper level of stone. Only way to do this? With the Boots of Springheel Jak. After pushing one block, and then moving to the other side of the giant chamber so he can push the other, he returns to the far center of the room, and can see the door-with-no-knob is now open.

But he can't go on any further Not without some rest. And lo, somebody has managed to leave a bedroll up here. Kahreem can't resist just laying down and falling asleep, safe from squeaks and creaks.

#[#[#[#[#[#[#[#[#[#[#[#[#[#[#[

An hour or two later, he jumps down from the room's upper level, and creeps across its floor. Through the door he'd opened, which leads down some stairs, and yet another door. But this door has a large, shiny emblem upon it. He risks his torch.

"Hall of Ep... Epochs?"

He gets mildly excited. Expects to open the door and find some sort of ... he doesn't know. Just something different. But on the other side it's all still the same. Another chamber with a zombie shambling around. This time though, at least there is more light to see by. More light, but also still some dark areas for him to sneak through.

The Redguard begins to wonder if the zombies are the blind priests the Grey Fox warned him about?

"Maybe they're blind because they don't have any fokkinge heads."

Yet another gigantic chamber which must have taken ages to construct. How had they done all of this so far underground? Kahreem is pleased to find that this chamber is different though. It's got three staircases on its far side, all in a row. The center set of stairs is the most brightly-lit, yet he can't help but sneak up this set. At the top of the stairs are (what look to be) three statues. Two of these feature warriors in armor, holding weapons. These two warriors stand on either side of the third statue. Kahreem cannot discern what this third statue could be. He creeps all around it, finally lighting his torch so he can see it better. Good thing there aren't any enemies up here.

"Hmm. Some sort of daedric god. I guess."

The 'god' has a very large sword in its hands. Kahreem inspects this entire area for awhile, and realizes there's a lot going on in this room. He can see a couple of glowing jewels halfway across from the staircase he climbed up. He begins to creep toward them (using his Sunburst Gauntlets now without worry) and finds a locked gate. He finds a large block of stone, an entire cubicle, which seems as though it's got multiple zombies encased within it. Kahreem can't get to the glowing jewel things, but as he gets closer, he sees they're not jewels at all; they are those pendant-shaped stones which fire spells at intruders. He had seen these sort of stones when he was younger, still a bandit, still living on the West Weald.

The gate is locked with a 4-tumbler, which he doesn't feel like dealing with, and so this leaves the statue area. He goes back to it, thinking there must be something there. Maybe the Arrow of Extrication fits into some half-hidden slot? But there is nothing.

Back to the gate, which he unlocks after multiple tries. And the next few hours are filled with bungling moments. Back and forth, back and forth. Finally, he locates a push-block whch seems to open a wall far below. Nothing happens back in the statue room though. He eventually finds another push-block, located in an entirely different area of the Halls of Epoch. If there's one thing good about this area, it's the fact that there is plenty of treasure, at least. Lots of gold, scattered here and there in various chests. There are lots of potions too.

The Redguard makes his way all the way back into the statue room, and is pleased to see there's been some progress.

"Yes. Progress. More gold."

The large cube of walls containing the zombies is now gone. Those zombies are all over the cavernous statue room, but this isn't going to be much of a problem, he thinks. It's not like he hadn't already snuck by an entire townful of zombies at this point.

Now that the cubicle-room is gone, he can easily walk over to where those two glowing jewel things are. He spots a trigger right in front of these jewels, a stone plate in the floor which trips as he walks over it. Kahreem braces himself. Maybe walking on this plate will cause the Ayleid jewel things to start zapping him with destructive magic.

"By the love of Nocturnal, I think we've done it."

"ooo-oooo-oooooo" says the nearest shambling mess.

Something happened on the far side of the room, Kahreem notices. The large daedra-looking statue moved. He rushes over to this statue. to find it's still in the same position.

"I know I saw it move."

He moves back to the trigger-plate. Steps on it. Yes, the statue definitely moved. In fact, the entire thing swung around on the far side of the room. He can barely see this.

IPB Image

"Well, now what the fokke?"

He tries dropping the dwarven warhammer he'd been carrying, drops it right on the pressure-plate. Moves away from the plate. But the warhammer doesn't have enough weight, or something. The daedra statue swings back the opposite way. Steps back on it again. Now it swings toward him. He notices something else about it too--there is some sort of bluish-white panel glowing upon its front.

"Maybe time to use this bow, that I had to go back and scavenge off some vampire." *

Kahreem grabs the silver bow off his back. He nocks an ordinary arrow. Aims it. Releases it. And then...

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 5 2017, 09:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Nov 6 2017, 12:54 AM
Post #1096

Finder
Group Icon

No, zombies aren't the most perceptive of creatures. Well, pretty understandable for the headless guys, I guess.

"Maybe they're blind because they don't have any fokkinge heads." Heh.

But, you know, I always thought there should be pressure plates that work like that, maybe some could be more sensitive than others. I ought to see if it's doable in some way...

Anyway, keep it up Kahreem, not far now...
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 6 2017, 07:17 AM
Post #1097

Master
Group Icon

"Maybe they're blind because they don't have any fokkinge heads."

laugh.gif +1 to Perception.

Bows are just like pencils, whenever you need one, you don't have any. tongue.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 6 2017, 07:13 PM
Post #1098

Spam Meister
Group Icon

This certainly is far from Kahreem's normal routine of "borrowing" Cheap Wine and horses and subsequentaly run over the hills and far away. I sure hope he pulls through alright..

This post has been edited by mirocu: Nov 6 2017, 07:13 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 6 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #1099

Paladin
Group Icon

Well, Kahreem is certainly growing as a dungeon crawler! Learning how to avoid foes, when to 'risk a torch', and even sorting out vexing puzzles. His packing list skills could use a touch of improvement but, happily, he did manage to locate a bow to support his arrow of extrication. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 12 2017, 12:22 AM
Post #1100

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks for comments folks. Yes let's see if he can get this done!

Oh and Happy Birthday to Skyrim. cake.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 6 2017, 02:35 PM) *

Well, Kahreem is certainly growing as a dungeon crawler! Learning how to avoid foes, when to 'risk a torch', and even sorting out vexing puzzles. His packing list skills could use a touch of improvement but, happily, he did manage to locate a bow to support his arrow of extrication. tongue.gif

He's terrible at dungeoneering oh my gosh! ... Not as bad as Bjorn, but only because Kahreem has managed to score those nifty DB robes, as well as his light-gauntlets and Ring of Shadows.

I just see it as a challenge though. Like .... normally with RG3 or Saga or Joan or one of my others, they've got light spells and night-eye spells / potions to assist them. Detect Life. A wide variety of Illusion, Alteration, etc. With Kahreem it's more like I really have to use my wits as I'm focusing in.

Well, it's a good thing I've done so much archery in Saga's game. I'm pretty good at firing an arrow across an entire room, and in 3rd person at that. Otherwise, we might get stuck at this portion of The Ultimate Heist until Christmas has come and gone! santaclaus.gif

---------------

Sun's Height 10, 3rd Era 434

Days Passed: 318
Days Jailed: 116

Bounty: 0 (for once).

IPB Image

The arrow is nocked, the bow's string is drawn. Potential energy is then stored within the tension caused by two of the Redguard's fingers. And though he's not very experienced with archery, Kahreem at least has plenty of time to aim. He does so, best he can, and then releases a brown hand from the arrow, while trying to keep the bow steady.

This particular arrow has a shaft made of ash, which came from a tree located just south of Yellow Tick Cave. One of this ash tree's branches had gotten dislodged during one of Cyrodiil's many summery storms, and a particular wood elf bowgirl had eventually come along and selected this branch for its near-perfect mixture of density and water-absorbtion. She had spent a couple hours carving out a few pieces of wood, but she hadn't used all the shafts she had fashioned. Her horse's quivers were all full, this being that time of year when there's a lull of action in those nearby dungeons. Some of the shafts had been sold to a Redguard armorer in Imperial City's Market District, just for a few extra coin.

This Redguard armorer just happened to have a small case full of dwarven ores, which she melted down and then fashioned into bow tips, using her long-honed skills at the grinding wheel. Sparks flying as the tips got sharpened. These bow tips were then secured with magical wax, to the perfectly-weighted shafts the bowgirl had sold the Redguard armorer. This fletching had occurred roughly a month before Kahreem last saw the Grey Fox. A peculiar-looking man with red eyes then bought this arrow (along with a quiver-full of others) one night just before the armorer's shop was to close.

But the peculiar man with red eyes hadn't used all the arrows he'd bought. He had taken them with him as he'd gone looking for prey that night, but this particular arrow had not been used. Instead, it had been stored away in a barrel deep beneath the Imperial City. It would get its day of reckoning. But this 'day of reckoning,' when it had come, had been owned not by the red-eyed man, but by a bronze-skinned man. The bronze-skinned man had come along, and not only killed the red-eyed man, but he'd also managed to locate the barrel where this man had stored the arrow, along with six others just like it.

And now, the arrow with the golden tip flies across the main portion of the Hall of Epochs, potential energy transformed into kinetic energy ....

[o[o[o[o[o[o[o[o[o[o[o[o

... and misses its target, striking an area too low, and too far to the left...

"FOKKE!"

... but at least Kahreem managed to hit the statute itself. This was clear. He could see a little puff of dust plume out from where the arrow (which had been sold to a vampire by Rohssan {proprietor of A Fighting Chance}, who had bought its ash-hewn shaft from a bowgirl with bright blonde hair) had struck.

"Must aim a little higher."

The Redguard had taken a few lessons long ago on how to use a bow, but these lessons had been just that: long ago. During his days as a bandit, somewhere on the West Weald. Over time, Kahreem had come to prefer blunt pieces, like clubs and maces, instead of long-distance weaponry.

"A little higher, and to the right."

*TWIP!* No good. Too low. The second arrow also seems to do nothing, but it does hit the statue a little higher. He can see where he needs to aim a little better now. It's that pale blue area on the statue's front side.

"Ooo-ooo-ooo.... oooooooooo .... ooo-ooo-ooo."

NOT NOW! Kahreem thinks, as one of the hall's zombies gets too close, and nearly bumps into him. A skeleton with dead eyes also creaks its way right onto the statue-revolving platform he is on. His concentration is blown! ... But at least they don't alert to his presence. After a minute, both of these shambling messes walk away. Still, the next three arrows Kahreem fires all miss their target.

"FOKKINGE undead!!! Fokke Fokke FOKKE!"

But then, the final arrow seems to strike. KKKSSHH! goes a noise from the statue, which booms across the entire room. Lucky break. If he had missed with that final arrow, there's no way he'd know if his aim is true enough for the real thing. Then he'd have to traverse across the entire room, just to see if any of those arrows had survived their impact with the statue.

"Okay. Here commeth thine prize, milord!"

Without wavering his aim, he nocks the Arrow of Extrication, and twip! it goes across the Hall of Epochs. *DING!* goes a sound from nearby, amplified by the Redguard's successful shot. Through the darkness, he can see that something had changed across the room. It looks as though the statue has raised itself, or something. Kahreem pads quietly then, black velvet shoes whispering across the stone floor.

"Ooo-oo-oooo," one of the zombies says to the silent, nearly-invisible shape that passes by.

"Ooo-oo-oooo yourself, you dullard half-wit," the Redguard answers, as he tosses aside the silver bow once owned by the red-eyed vampire he'd killed several hours ago.

[o[o[o[o[o[o[o[o[o[o[o[o

IPB Image

The Redguard finds himself in a darkened room, completely unlike the hours of stench and coldness he'd just escaped from. A red-woven, circular carpet inhabits the floor before him. On his right and left, a bed stands on each side. He creeps forward a few paces, and can see there are multiple beds in the room he's in. And upon each bed lies a sleeping figure. Kahreem looks behind him, and is surprised to see that the door he'd just come through is now nothing but a solid wall.

*click!* .... craaawwwww

The sound of an opening door. And then another door. And another. People bustling about, walking swiftly here and there. Kahreem cannot see them. He moves forward though, so he can get into some better light. Then, he takes out the notes the Grey Fox had given him.

5). Inside the Imperial Palace you must find the Imperial Library. On the bottom floor is some sort of viewing room.

By now though, the Redguard is famished. He can't but help himself to a loaf of bread, some cheese, and a bottle of beer he finds in the next room.

"Hmm," he says quietly as he's munching. "This ent *crunch* ire *monch* room is *nom* circular. *gulp, guip, ahhh.* Seems like one of the upper floors of the *crunch* White Gold Tower."

He is glad to be out of the sewers, but after his meal, he realizes how lucky he is that he did not get caught. His belly sated, now he can focus a little more on his surroundings. Which are much better-lit than those sewers were. He hears lots of footsteps but still sees nobody. What would happen now if he were to get caught? Where would he run to, since the door he'd come through turned into a wall, somehow?

He creeps out of the dining area, and begins moving along a circular hallway, turning left. After a minute, he comes to a door.

"Yes! The Elder Scrolls Library!" he bursts, a little too loudly. "Let us see what these measly blind priests have to offer."

Though the door before him is locked with a 3-tumbler, it is no match for the Imperial Palace Key the Redguard had pickpocketed several days before, when The Ultimate Heist had commenced. Unfortunately, all the inner doors to the library are locked with 5-tumblers, the most challenging of pickable locks. By now, he simply doesn't want to attract any attention by attempting to pick one of these.

"Curses befoul me!"

But this also is not much of a problem. After breaking into the library itself, Kahreem immediately notices one of the blind priests, walking straight toward him. And just like that, the Redguard dips his hand into madness, finds a key which will fit into any of these inner library doors, and the blind moth priest he'd just stolen from has a pocket which is just a little less cluttered than before.

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 12 2017, 04:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

121 Pages V « < 53 54 55 56 57 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:55 PM