142 Pages V « < 130 131 132 133 134 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Because Every Rose Has Its Video, Rosa's Vid Topic
SubRosa
post Nov 9 2020, 08:21 AM
Post #2621

Ancient
Group Icon

Saoirse does not like the clunky transformer armor much. She'll be sticking to her camo in the future.

Big dog

He ate something that disagreed with him

January

Time for some navigatin'

Man the guns!

Ship board again

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 10 2020, 10:09 PM
Post #2622

Paladin
Group Icon

So off to another game, eh? Are there deathclaws in KOTOR? They really get around. Looks like Jan's up to some universe saving!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 15 2020, 03:50 AM
Post #2623

Ancient
Group Icon

Look who January found

Saber battle

Flying Mantas

Star Map

In the cockpit

Shipwreck

Temple of the Ancients

Temple summit

The Alliance

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 15 2020, 01:56 PM
Post #2624

Councilor
Group Icon

This looks like Star Wars, so I am guessing it's Knights of the Old Republic, or something from that lineage. Cool, I like her armor. That must be fun swinging a light saber around. redwizardsmile.gif I haven't watched a Star Wars movie since high school.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 15 2020, 09:23 PM
Post #2625

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow! Jan went looking for Nemo and found him! tongue.gif

Light sabers and flying mantas, what’s this world coming to?

Love the wooki in the last shot!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 3 2021, 04:30 AM
Post #2626

Ancient
Group Icon

Renee: It is Knights of the Old Republic 2, from about 15 years ago.

It is fun playing in the Star Wars universe. It is too bad they have not done any role playing games in almost two decades or so. Except for an MMO, which I could care less about, since it is an MMO.

Acadian: Jan was not even trying to find Nemo!

I love the flying mantas. Sci Fi 101, if you want an alien species, just take an earth one and put it in a different environment.

I took a break from Knights of the Old Republic 2 and fired up Rome Total War 1, using my Amazon Total War mod. I have been having a lot of fun conquering the world with Amazonia.

Amazon shield wall

Chariots

Sometimes the AI in this game is just comedy gold

Resistance is futile

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 3 2021, 08:28 PM
Post #2627

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, look at that shield wall! That's really dazzling. Who'd want to go up against that? huh.gif

Cool, I have a friend who played some Total Rome War years ago. I'll probably never play this (or KOTOR) so it's good to at least see what it looks like. I guess this is more of a strategy type game, rather than real-time?

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 3 2021, 08:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 3 2021, 09:09 PM
Post #2628

Paladin
Group Icon

Renee is right - that is a very imposing shield wall!

'Please do not attack.' Ah yes, often requested and never heeded.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 6 2021, 02:36 AM
Post #2629

Ancient
Group Icon

Renee: Turns out plenty of Sarmatians and Egyptians are dumb enough to throw themselves onto the points of Amazon spears.

The Total War games are all grand strategy games of world domination. The strategy map is turn based. But when you actually fight a battle it becomes real time with pause, for when you order around your individual units. It gives the whole thing a nice flow to it, because everything is moving at once. But you can still can control what it going on, because you can pause and give specific orders to every unit.

Acadian: Begging someone not to attack, and threatening to attack, seems like the height of diplomacy.

I have carried on my war against Parthia. After reaching the eastern edge of the map, I turned south, and crushed them in their heartland. I now rule the land between the Tigris and Euprhates. My original plan was to continue west from this point, and take on the remnants of the Seleucids in Hatra.

But then I noticed that the Parthians only had two settlements left, Dumatha and Bostra, and those were only lightly garrisoned.

OTOH, the Seleucids now have 3 territories, and some big armies in Palmyra and Hatra.

Clearly the Seleucids are going to take some time to finish. If I go after them, that will give the Parthians time to raise more troops. Then they will give me more trouble when I finally do turn to them. So changed my initial plans, and sent detachments down to take both Dumatha and Bostra. That will wipe the Parthians out entirely. In the meantime, I am building up my main eastern army in Thapsakos in preparation of attacking the Selucids at a later time.

Farther west I fought a massive battle with the Egyptians on the bridge north of Antioch. You can see the city in the distance.

It's a nice looking city. I think I'll have it

The governor has a swanky pad

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 6 2021, 06:17 PM
Post #2630

Paladin
Group Icon

Some pretty large scale thinking/strategy going on there on a world domination scale. You're right - that is a massive battle you set up at the receiving end of that bridge.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 9 2021, 03:46 AM
Post #2631

Ancient
Group Icon

Acadian: Bridge battles are really easy in the Total War games. So long as you have the right ingredients: a couple of heavy infantry units who can hold your end of the bridge, and a lot of archers who can chew up the enemy as they bunch up on the span. They turn into massive slaughters if the enemy is foolish enough to attack you across the bridge.

I forgot that I made the Parthians are horde faction. So taking all of their cities did not destroy them. Instead it turned them into a horde

In the meantime I worked my way down the Egyptian cities along the coast of the Levant

Then it was time for the Seleucids

Amazon courage has laid them low

The east is Amazon

The Parthian horde headed west into the Nile Valley

I really do not want them to settle down. Because then I would have to fight them all over again. So I have a solution

It took some time, and numerous assassins and spies, but finally the last Parthian General sleeps with the fishes

That ended the Parthians for once and all

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 9 2021, 07:48 PM
Post #2632

Paladin
Group Icon

Ever onward, the quest for world domination continues. Looks like good use of assassins; sometimes a few of them (or snipers) can really wreak havoc.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 18 2021, 08:16 PM
Post #2633

Councilor
Group Icon

Good gosh look at that map. You know a lot about historical stuff SR, so this game must be a mindgasm at times, for you. (Is there some Mythology too, perhaps?)

This game reminds me of some of the Avalon Hill strategies from the '80s we had in high school, which were also heavily map-based. I was more into RPGs at the time of course, but my brother + one of our friends would take over the gaming table sometimes with those games.

Have fun!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 1 2021, 02:20 AM
Post #2634

Ancient
Group Icon

Acadian: I developed a real fondness for using spies and assassins in a defensive campaign I did once. The idea is you never leave your starting territories. You just defend them, and try to survive until the game's final end date (of something like 14 AD). I was getting shellacked by the Armenians, who were building super-powered armies of cataphracts and cataphract archers and continually invading me with them. So I sent a bunch of spies and assassins down into all their cities, and destroyed their stables every turn. The stables being the building that allows you to recruit cavalry units. With that the invasions stopped, along with their ability to build any horse units at all. Eventually I bankrupted them, and they could no longer afford to repair the buildings I was destroying with my assassins.

Renee: I remember those old Avalon Hill strategy games, like Squad Leader. I never played them much either. A long time ago some of my RPG friends also played Star Fleet Battles, which was the Star Trek version of grand strategy. They had a huge campaign of Klingons vs. Federation vs. Romulans, with one person acting like a gamemaster between them all. He was the only one who knew where all the units were, since they were using Fog of War rules. So each side could only see their own units, plus those of the others factions within a certain distance of their own troops.

Just when I thought I was out, the Amazons pulled me back in. I am now playing a Bean Sidhe (Banshee) campaign. I smashed the Gauls with swordswomen and chariots. Now I am crushing the Germans and Romans. I am about done with Germania. Not because they are nearly wiped out. Beyond them is the Valkyrja empire, which I would rather not fight. They are Amazons as well, and will give me much more trouble. The Germans are easier to deal with. So I intend to leave a narrow strip of their cities between them and me to act as a buffer, and just slaughter the Germans whenever they are foolish enough to raise my ire.

Down south I am going all out against the Romans. I have two full-sized armies down there now, one for the east coast, one for the west. I just got the ability to create onagers and my high-tier archers. So it is going to be a city-taking, slaughter fest.

Complicating things are the Gorgons. They are the final Amazon faction, from the western Sahara. Why they are coming up on boats to land in my territory in northern Italy is beyond me. But they keep doing it, and keep distracting me from the Romans by attacking the cities in my rear. I have been forced to thrash them on numerous occasions. I am going to have to create a picket line of ships out at sea, to ward off their amphibious landings.

Facing off against the Germans

Oh noes! A flash flood!

Charge!

Killer Queen

This game has gone to the dogs

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 1 2021, 09:36 PM
Post #2635

Paladin
Group Icon

Those are some very large scale battles! I used to play a few strategy games. Stronghold and its successor (Crusader) comes to mind.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 3 2021, 04:26 AM
Post #2636

Ancient
Group Icon

Acadian: I just looked, and there is a brand new Stronghold game out now.

Chosen Women

Porcupine

The epic walls of Rome

Rome's last battle

Testudo

The Last Emperor leads the way

Last Emperor standing

End of an era

Rome is now a memory

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 3 2021, 07:24 PM
Post #2637

Paladin
Group Icon

That is a lot of Bowgirls!

I had to look up testudo - very cool!

Rome's been laid low.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 8 2021, 08:31 PM
Post #2638

Councilor
Group Icon

They had a huge campaign of Klingons vs. Federation vs. Romulans, with one person acting like a gamemaster between them all.

Ha ha ha I love stuff like that! laugh.gif Play-acting around a table, Doritos and other munchies always a grab away.

The matching armor sets of the Chosen Women looks quite amazing. WHOA ... arrows everywhere. panic.gif Goodness. Fallen warriors of battle. Where the heck is Lopov? He's been playing some point 'n' click games lately, too busy for RPGs. I wonder if he's played a game like this before.

And Roma has been sacked. Yikes!

In your last picture section, the cavalry and dogs fighting are impressive.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 19 2021, 03:12 AM
Post #2639

Ancient
Group Icon

Some Vampire pics:

Now January has a broadsword. Ho! Ho! Ho!

Kalma has woken from the grave

On the prowl

Drinks are on the house

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 19 2021, 10:54 PM
Post #2640

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, Jan gets around! So is this an rpg where you play as a vampire?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

142 Pages V « < 130 131 132 133 134 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:05 AM