4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weirdest Morrowind Glitch, you have ever seen
Zelda_Zealot
post Aug 31 2005, 04:50 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

One of the ones I almost always incounter is the one where every object dissapears! I am just running and jumping through Solstheim and hit a load point... and BOOM! all the trees dissapear!

Once I had a odd version of the above happen to me, I was running to Balmora from Caldera and when I got there... almost all of the doors in the city had dissapeared! Nothing else, just the doors, they came back soon though.

Once I was running and jumping through the Ashlands, when I just fell through the ground, no matter what I did I just fell when I went ad tried to walk on that section of ground, I had to levitate to get out of the "hole" I guess you could call it, and to get over it. It never happened again after I turned off the X-Box...

Just recently I was playing Morrowind and was going to Balmora as a new Character. I decided to walk over that small hill deviding Balmora from the road leading to its "main" gate. Then all of a sudden my PC start walking up a steeper invisible hill, It went higher then the Orc you have to kill as Fighters guild quest (Forgot her name)'s house, in fact I was standing over it when I decided to turn around and try again, then I simply fell, just fell, for no appearent reason I fell. I tried to do this again, but to no avail, I guess the mystery of the invisible hill will never be solved...

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Aug 31 2005, 10:47 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Going so fast up the stairs as a werewolf in the fort on Solstheim that I fell through the stairwell and into a grey nothing was a good one.
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Sep 1 2005, 12:40 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

jumping over a damned fence, getting stuck on top of the fence, and finally getting shot up into the air by the fence and NEVER hit the ground. i changed the channel and watched TV for like an hour and i was still in the air.

Oh and this one kinda scared me. it happened several times, i was waiting for the game to load and instead of like showing a picture it showed a white background and in vey large print HDI. but it looked like the spraypaint from microsoft paint, it was so creepy.

This post has been edited by ShogunSniper: Sep 1 2005, 12:41 AM

--------------------
War is over if you want it.
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Sep 1 2005, 12:52 AM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ShogunSniper @ Aug 31 2005, 04:40 PM)
jumping over a damned fence, getting stuck on top of the fence, and finally getting shot up into the air by the fence and NEVER hit the ground.  i changed the channel and watched TV for like an hour and i was still in the air.

Oh and this one kinda scared me.  it happened several times, i was waiting for the game to load and instead of like showing a picture it showed a white background and in vey large print HDI.  but it looked like the spraypaint from microsoft paint, it was so creepy.

That exact thing happened to me laugh.gif
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Sep 1 2005, 12:53 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

think its a glitch, or some sort of easter egg?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Sep 1 2005, 01:34 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Falling thru Vivec... kvleft.gif
+Quote Post
vaanic~one
post Sep 1 2005, 01:55 PM
Post #7

Finder
Group Icon

Getting my characters head stuck in a ceiling after trying to jump on someone's head...

--------------------
IPB Image

Oliver_lowe@hotmail.com
TESSource Staff
+Quote Post
King Death
post Sep 1 2005, 07:09 PM
Post #8

Finder
Group Icon

On my first charcter this wierd thing happend where my character couldn't go down in elevation. If I jumped I would land in air. I could keep juming and gain infanite height, but could never get lower. Then later, every characters map disapered. So finaly I deleted that account, and every one's map came back, it was really wierd.

--------------------
"I am like so totaly like like totaly totaly like to-"
*BANG*
Hehe.. I just killed my inner child...
Click
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Sep 1 2005, 09:58 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

yes... morrowind was an EXTREMELY buggy game... i have never played any of the previous TES so i dont know about them........ i juts hope Ob willn't be as glitchy as Mw

--------------------
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Sep 2 2005, 02:49 PM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

I was in Caldera I think, and I entered the door to the pawnbroker and BAM I fell through into infinite orange, and then catapulted back up and died at the entrance to the door .. ( I was lvl 8)

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
Aki
post Sep 3 2005, 03:35 PM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

THIS is the weirdest glitch i've ever seen. Along with This (Okay, its the same thing, screw you. tongue.gif )

I managed to cuase THAT by typing
CODE
placeatpc "Playersavegame" 1 1 0

Which means, I told the game to place a copy of myself at my location.

The game however, gave my copy all my stuff (as it should have), BUT it didn't place the scripts (namely, the WW scripts) on him. Meaning he has the WW mesh on him, but ACTS like a normal NPC.

Hence why the fetcher is shooting at me with me own bow... laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Sep 3 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aki @ Sep 3 2005, 10:35 AM)
THIS is the weirdest glitch i've ever seen. Along with This (Okay, its the same thing, screw you. tongue.gif )

CODE

The game however, gave my copy all my stuff (as it should have), BUT it didn't place the scripts (namely, the WW scripts) on him. Meaning he has the WW mesh on him, but ACTS like a normal NPC.

Hence why the fetcher is shooting at me with me own bow...  laugh.gif

OMFG that is the awesomest thing of all time!! And where are you? That looks like an extremely nice house....

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Sep 3 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aki @ Sep 3 2005, 03:35 PM)

CODE

Hence why the fetcher is shooting at me with me own bow...  laugh.gif

lol I should try that once, and like Wurlon aid what mod is that? I don't recall seeing a house like that in morrowind

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Sep 5 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ Sep 3 2005, 06:20 PM)
lol I should try that once, and like Wurlon aid what mod is that? I don't recall seeing a house like that in morrowind

We want your house muahhahhha!

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
Aki
post Sep 6 2005, 12:23 AM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Wurlon @ Sep 3 2005, 05:42 PM)
OMFG that is the awesomest thing of all time!! And where are you? That looks like an extremely nice house....

The mod's a little-known one called Ya'Irun's Moon.

Its a moon (Using the same mesh and texture as the Moon above vivec) Above Pelagiad, and the interior is done in a very rich Redoran style, as you can see.

Except for the bar in the player's room. Thats Dwemer.. happy.gif

'tis a nice house.

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
Chumbaniya
post Sep 7 2005, 10:56 PM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

I've had various occasions in which I've travelled through imperceptible gaps in the walls of interior cells and found myself outside of the game and walking around on an infinite plain that is the colour of whatever fog effect is applied to the area I left from. Because you are not technically on a surface, you can walk around but whenever you jump there is nothing to land on and you will fall forever. It is possible to get back inside the area you left by walking back towards it, so it's not really that game breaking.

I think it's possible to do wherever two sections of an area are not perfectly aligned, so there is a tiny gap between them. One place I remember it happening is a morag tong building in Sadruth Mora, I think.

--------------------
Chumbaniya Has Spoken!

"It's a party. It doesn't have to make sense" - Homer
"To alcohol - the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Sep 7 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aki @ Sep 6 2005, 12:23 AM)
The mod's a little-known one called Ya'Irun's Moon.

Its a moon (Using the same mesh and texture as the Moon above vivec) Above Pelagiad, and the interior is done in a very rich Redoran style, as you can see.

Except for the bar in the player's room. Thats Dwemer.. happy.gif

'tis a nice house.

okay you've told us about it now were to get it? lol

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Sep 8 2005, 04:12 AM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ Sep 7 2005, 06:57 PM)

Google it, works for other mods. Back on track though, I don't really think that counts as a glitch, you caused it to happen with the Command menu thingy(I meant the Werewolf attacking with the bow "glitch").

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
+Quote Post
Aki
post Sep 10 2005, 11:32 PM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ Sep 7 2005, 06:57 PM)

Go to the TES Forums, then the mod forum and use the search thing to search for "Ya'Irun's moon"

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Sep 11 2005, 12:14 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

yeah I've got it, not a bad place, only problem is that it is in germen(sp) or something similar

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:22 AM