Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

706 Pages V « < 647 648 649 650 651 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coffee Shop Forever, It's time to kick bottom and drink coffee!
Dark Reaper
post Apr 16 2017, 02:11 PM
Post #12961

Master
Group Icon

Happy Easter everyone and enjoy a cup of coffee.

--------------------
Live and let live.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 16 2017, 02:13 PM
Post #12962

Councilor
Group Icon

Happy Easter, friends!! happy.gif

It is a glorious day in Grits world. The Easter bunny went way overboard filling the baskets on this last year before the older child moves to college, so I am enjoying the overflow with my coffee. Dinner is being prepared by loving hands elsewhere, and since I just got home yesterday my only task is to show up with the family and some wine. Woo! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 16 2017, 02:21 PM
Post #12963

Ancient
Group Icon

IPB Image

Happy Easter Chorrol !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 16 2017, 03:53 PM
Post #12964

Ancient
Group Icon

Hoppy Easter!

Khajiit is currently at work, but he plans on leaving a bit early and going home and drinking some beer!*

*After he stops by the coffee shop!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Apr 16 2017, 03:56 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 30 2017, 02:36 PM
Post #12965

Spam Meister
Group Icon

So.

Got a new job going. One where I don't have to drive 20 minutes to and 20 minutes fro each day, and where I hopefully won't have to freeze each and every single day! wacko.gif

It's in the metal industry so no furnitures or anything, but I reckon I'll manage. Just talked to the owner who I know quite well already (small town and all that) and he was overall very positive and urged me to come down and talk to the person handling applicants who happens to be his sister.

I just talked briefly with the owner about my chances and he wanted me to come down asap. I explained I currently have an internship elsewhere so I work full time, but it seemed ok if I dropped by after hours or close to it anyway.

I don't know how it is to work there but I suspect I much prefer it over the place I'm at now tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Apr 30 2017, 03:04 PM
Post #12966

Master
Group Icon

Mirocu

Hope this new situation works out, and that you enjoy (?) it as much as you seem to expect to! I'm SO glad to be retired and out the job market, hopeful for good. (As if anyone would be dumb enough to hire a decrepit old has-been like me. LOL) I read about people who don't know what to do with themselves once they throw in the towel. I was more than ready when that time came. Not once since then have I missed my years in the workforce.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 30 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #12967

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Apr 30 2017, 04:04 PM) *

Mirocu

Hope this new situation works out, and that you enjoy (?) it as much as you seem to expect to!

Like Edla in Bruma says; "One place is pretty much like another" - Have you been to one factory you've pretty much been to all of them. Of course they vary but in essence you know what to expect; do what you're told to as fast as possible. I know from experience that may be true but I also know that it's up to the worker to put the final limit, lest he'd hit the wall full speed from which he may not recover.

I'm SO glad to be retired and out the job market, hopeful for good.

I thought I was out too! bigsmile.gif

I read about people who don't know what to do with themselves once they throw in the towel. I was more than ready when that time came. Not once since then have I missed my years in the workforce.

I think this will be me when my time comes, but I hope that my years left in the work force will be good and possibly even better than before. It may even be fun at times since I already know a bunch of people who work at this place. People I go along well with. Lets just hope I can get along with them at work too, but I think so wink.gif

Thanks for the well-wishes!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 30 2017, 03:39 PM
Post #12968

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 30 2017, 09:36 AM) *

So.

Got a new job going. One where I don't have to drive 20 minutes to and 20 minutes fro each day, and where I hopefully won't have to freeze each and every single day! wacko.gif

It's in the metal industry so no furnitures or anything, but I reckon I'll manage. Just talked to the owner who I know quite well already (small town and all that) and he was overall very positive and urged me to come down and talk to the person handling applicants who happens to be his sister.

I just talked briefly with the owner about my chances and he wanted me to come down asap. I explained I currently have an internship elsewhere so I work full time, but it seemed ok if I dropped by after hours or close to it anyway.

I don't know how it is to work there but I suspect I much prefer it over the place I'm at now tongue.gif

Wow, it is great to hear you talking about looking forward to working at a job! laugh.gif Is this new job going to be a paying job? I hope so, this sounds like an Awesome situation! Good Luck on getting the position!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 30 2017, 03:44 PM
Post #12969

Spam Meister
Group Icon

No details yet but since they are hiring I suspect they won't BS around like the place I'm currently at so I reckon I'll be paid from day 1 smile.gif

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 30 2017, 04:39 PM) *

Wow, it is great to hear you talking about looking forward to working at a job! laugh.gif

Who am I and what have I done to Rocu?? tongue.gif tongue.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Apr 30 2017, 03:48 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 30 2017, 04:03 PM
Post #12970

Ancient
Group Icon

Congrats to 'Rocu!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 30 2017, 04:18 PM
Post #12971

Paladin
Group Icon

Great to hear, mirocu! I hope this metal working job works out well. So far, it sounds pretty good. goodjob.gif

Regarding being retired, here are my thoughts:

When I was six, I had an invisible friend. She and I would spend our days happily playing. Then came school, more school, training, more school and several decades of career. . . and I lost her somewhere in all that. It took me over half a century, but I finally found her again. She and I spend our days happily playing.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 30 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #12972

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 30 2017, 10:18 AM) *

Great to hear, mirocu! I hope this metal working job works out well. So far, it sounds pretty good. goodjob.gif

Regarding being retired, here are my thoughts:

When I was six, I had an invisible friend. She and I would spend our days happily playing. Then came school, more school, training, more school and several decades of career. . . and I lost her somewhere in all that. It took me over half a century, but I finally found her again. She and I spend our days happily playing.

Your imaginary friend is Buffy!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 30 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #12973

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Thanks, guys! Yeah, I do hope this will work out better. If nothing else it's right where I live so I don't have to commute. And it's indoors so I don't have to be cold! laugh.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 30 2017, 05:18 PM) *

This is amazing. I'm so glad you found your beloved childhood friend after all those years! happy.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 30 2017, 07:34 PM
Post #12974

Master
Group Icon

I just had my morning/noon coffee. MacCoffee with chocolate dunken donuts brand creamer.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 30 2017, 08:48 PM
Post #12975

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Apr 30 2017, 01:34 PM) *

I just had my morning/noon coffee. MacCoffee with chocolate dunken donuts brand creamer.

MacCoffee? Is that the McDonald's coffee you can buy at stores?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 30 2017, 09:11 PM
Post #12976

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 30 2017, 02:48 PM) *

MacCoffee? Is that the McDonald's coffee you can buy at stores?

Yep and its pretty good stuff too though a bit pricey but still worth it.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post May 1 2017, 08:03 AM
Post #12977

Master
Group Icon

Started Sambo and Combat Wrestling today.

And I say that with the voice of one who was brutalized so hard he actually enjoyed it. Because I did. Hard earned knowledge is the best kind of knowledge, particularly when you gain that knowledge by being ragdolled around by a Bulgarian guy with the body of a damn bull.

And I wasn't even supposed to train today. I was just supposed to fill in application and go shopping for gear.

Le Scenario:
----
Le Me: "Hey yo tho, I ain't got no shorts; just these 6969¥ jeans that would allegedly up my Charisma with them Chicks to insane levels."

Le Coach: "I have shorts, friend, here; have them for today."

Le Me: "But what about the top, Bossman, I'm gonna train with 50% of my birthday suit?"

Le Coach: "Nonsense, comrade; here, I have t-shirt."

*Le Me looks at the proffered items*

*Le Me gulps*

*Le Me crosses myself*

Le Me: C Nami Bog, Beef Stroganoff.

And then... And then The Unexpected Training ™ began. To be Francis with y'all, it was actually pretty manageable. The warm up consisted of stuff that I was familiar with; Judo thingamabobs. Still, it's been a while, and while the memory is like, drilled into my muscles, the exhaustion was still there. Soon I was breathing like a hippo on a straw. Then came Le Tekniks ™. Again, simple stuff, meant for beginners but I still enjoyed it immensely. There's just something about beginning from zero, making mistakes and slowly but surely refining it through repetition that speaks to my soul. Highlights included me being subjected to a soft armbar THAT WASNT SOFT AND I COULDNT TAP OUT BECAUSE THE PAIN OH MY GOD MY ARM AND MY ELBOW MAMAAAAAAA

Then there was this toe hold that legit took me by surprise and I actually whooped out. More in surprise, really, but damn. Toe holds are deynjerus!

All in all, it was fun and enlightening as all hell. Looking forward to the next session.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 1 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #12978

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ May 1 2017, 02:03 AM) *

Started Sambo and Combat Wrestling today.

And I say that with the voice of one who was brutalized so hard he actually enjoyed it. Because I did. Hard earned knowledge is the best kind of knowledge, particularly when you gain that knowledge by being ragdolled around by a Bulgarian guy with the body of a damn bull.

And I wasn't even supposed to train today. I was just supposed to fill in application and go shopping for gear.

Le Scenario:
----
Le Me: "Hey yo tho, I ain't got no shorts; just these 6969¥ jeans that would allegedly up my Charisma with them Chicks to insane levels."

Le Coach: "I have shorts, friend, here; have them for today."

Le Me: "But what about the top, Bossman, I'm gonna train with 50% of my birthday suit?"

Le Coach: "Nonsense, comrade; here, I have t-shirt."

*Le Me looks at the proffered items*

*Le Me gulps*

*Le Me crosses myself*

Le Me: C Nami Bog, Beef Stroganoff.

And then... And then The Unexpected Training ™ began. To be Francis with y'all, it was actually pretty manageable. The warm up consisted of stuff that I was familiar with; Judo thingamabobs. Still, it's been a while, and while the memory is like, drilled into my muscles, the exhaustion was still there. Soon I was breathing like a hippo on a straw. Then came Le Tekniks ™. Again, simple stuff, meant for beginners but I still enjoyed it immensely. There's just something about beginning from zero, making mistakes and slowly but surely refining it through repetition that speaks to my soul. Highlights included me being subjected to a soft armbar THAT WASNT SOFT AND I COULDNT TAP OUT BECAUSE THE PAIN OH MY GOD MY ARM AND MY ELBOW MAMAAAAAAA

Then there was this toe hold that legit took me by surprise and I actually whooped out. More in surprise, really, but damn. Toe holds are deynjerus!

All in all, it was fun and enlightening as all hell. Looking forward to the next session.

Lol, thanks for posting this! It was an amusing read!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 5 2017, 01:13 PM
Post #12979

Master
Group Icon

Looking through my “heirloom box” for an old document the other week I came upon a xerox of a quiz from, if memory serves, the early 1980s. I no longer recall its source. Nor do I have an official answer sheet. (I don’t believe one was provided.) I thought highly enough of it back then to deem it worth preserving. I still think it “cute”.

It’s not hard by any means. I had no problem coming up with what I assume are correct responses. (Okay, there are one or two questions I was never 100% sure on. Even for those I have what I believe to be “plausible” solutions.) Yet I was surprise, back then, when some coworkers I showed it to, folk with more intelligence than me, got answer after answer wrong...again assuming I was/am right. I think their problem was not understanding the “gist” of the quiz.

At any rate, I take the liberty of posting almost the whole of it below. Feel free to take a stab. Please enclose any and all solutions within spoilers. Enjoy.

2. Do they have a 4th of July in England?

3. How many birthdays does the average man have?

4. Why can’t a man living in Winston-Salem, North Carolina be buried west of the Mississippi River?

5. If you had only one match and entered a room in which there were an oil-burner, a kerosene lamp, and wood-burning stove, which would you light first?

6. Some months have 30 days, some 31. How many months have 28 days?

7. If a doctor gave you 3 pills and told you to take one every half-hour, how long would they last?

8. A man builds a house with 4 sides to it and it is rectangular in shape. Each side has a southern exposure. A bear comes lumbering by. What color is the bear?

9. How far can a dog run into the woods?

10. What 4 words appear on every denomination of U.S. coins?

11. I have in my hand two (2) U.S. coins which total 55 cents. One is not a nickel, bear this in mind. What are the coins I have?

12. A farmer has 17 sheep. All but nine dies. How many did he have left?

13. Divide 30 by ½ and add 30. What is the answer?

14. Two men play checkers. They play 5 times without a draw game and each man won the same number of games. How do you explain this?

15. Take 2 apples from three apples and what do you have?

16. An archaeologist claimed he found some coins dated 46 B.C.. Do you think he did?

17. A woman gives a beggar 40 cents. The woman is the beggar’s sister, but the beggar is not the woman’s brother. How come?

18. How many animals of each species did Moses take aboard the Ark with him?

19. Is it legal in North Carolina for a man to marry his widow’s sister?

20. What word in this test is mispelled?

This post has been edited by Decrepit: May 5 2017, 01:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 5 2017, 01:38 PM
Post #12980

Councilor
Group Icon

Neat! Well, let’s see.

This post has been edited by Grits: May 5 2017, 01:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

706 Pages V « < 647 648 649 650 651 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:09 PM