A little [ 21 ] ** [25.93%]
Total Votes: 81
Guests cannot vote 
Zelda_Zealot
post Apr 3 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #21

Knower
Group Icon

I WOULD play it again but it seems the world is against me. I can't play it on my 360, my computer crashs when ever there is two or more npcs on screen, my friends computer (Which could use tons of mods plus the FPS enhancer set to full AND the scripting enhancer.) can't even get to the main menu with one mod on... I think "they" are against me... emot-ninja1.gif

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Apr 4 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

Nope - Haven't played Morrowind for far over a year and due to that the CD is gone to. Guess I'll be stuck only playing Oblivion sometimes inbetween..
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 4 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #23

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Telendil Delvanni @ Apr 1 2006, 09:48 PM)
Hmm, here it comes again...the endless discussion wether Solstheim is more like Sweden or Norway....hmm, kjære nabo, vi kommer aldri til å bli enige på den der...tongue.gif Trabslation: My dear neighbour, well never be able toi agree on that...

Personally I think it's more like Norway, but well, thats me...laugh.gif

But yup, I'm still playing MW,even though I have Oblivion...I love MW stilll...wub.gif  ahhh the memories...wub.gif

Ok ...but don´t you think Norway and Sweden somwhat resembles each other? In some parts of northern sweden it´s rather norwegian....but that´s me! I prefer to think of Sotstheim as ......swedish with a norwegian touch! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(treydog @ Apr 1 2006, 11:58 PM)
Ummm- I kind of have to, seeing as I haven't finished my story yet.  And then there is the possibility of a Bloodmoon story- assuming I don't let poor old Trey go into a well-deserved retirement....

Och aye treydog! We do need a Solstheim-sequel....there are plenty of time to write an Oblivion version of dear Trey!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Archiedex
post Apr 4 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #24

Associate

Of course I'll still be playing Morrowind. I've been playing Oblivion for about 2 weeks now and i already miss morrowind. sad.gif Oblivion just is missing something that i can't describe that morrowind had. I just don't know what.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 4 2006, 08:24 PM
Post #25

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Archiedex @ Apr 4 1906, 08:51 PM)
  Oblivion just is missing something that i can't describe that morrowind had. I just don't know what.

The ability to wear armour under robes.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
1234king
post Apr 6 2006, 03:52 AM
Post #26

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Archiedex @ Apr 4 2006, 11:51 AM)
Oblivion just is missing something that i can't describe that morrowind had. I just don't know what.

half naked caisus waiting for you in his house.

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 7 2006, 06:29 AM
Post #27

Knower
Group Icon

Oh yeah, that's a good one. How could I have missed that?

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
sins_to_dark
post Apr 7 2006, 03:19 PM
Post #28

Agent

Aye, i wont deny there are parts of morrowind I miss, armour under robes etc but the thing i will always miss from MW is how amazed and immersied in the world of MW i was from the moment i awoke on that boat talking to my good old pal Jiub, i will miss the excitement i had when walking to Balmora, a feeling that i wont have again cause i didnt know what to expect on MW but i had expectations for Oblivion smile.gif But Oblivion does RULE

This post has been edited by sins_to_dark: Apr 8 2006, 04:43 PM

--------------------
I don't think you trust, in, my, self rightious sucide, I, cry, when angels deserve to die
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Apr 28 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #29

Mouth
Group Icon

I still have Arena and Daggerfall on the w98 part of my hard drive and have added Morrowind over there to make a lot of modding room for Oblivion on the w2k side. I haven't played the older 2 for awhile, but I definitely am still modding for Morrowind and I think I will play it some too.

Especially since Oblivion is lagging out for me until I get an new video card.

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
evil_ducky
post Apr 28 2006, 09:14 PM
Post #30

Retainer

Despite the total awesomeness of oblivion it seems in morrowind there is more to do, at least with the game of the year edition. Morrowind is still gonna be one of my most played games, although i will play oblivion more. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 3 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #31

Knower
Group Icon

I'll probably continue playing Morrowind. I started a new game (which was only my second) a few weeks before Oblivion came out.

Also, I got the upgrades Bloodmoon and Tribunal a short time before I got saturated (or tired) of Morrowind a few years ago, so there is much I haven't done yet.

And now after playing Oblivion almsot constantly for a few weeks I also feel that Obivion is missing something (besides half naked skooma-heads). The atmosphere was somewhat better and more mysterious, I think. For example when I approached the Red Mountain for the first time I was in awe.

And I haven't tried a single mod for Morrowind, so I guess I have something to look forward to there as well.

Finally, now that I've read about half of the history book that came with the collector's edition of Oblivion I really feel like experiencing Morrowind/Vardenfell again and its people again.

--------------------
Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Gandalf
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jun 3 2006, 02:12 PM
Post #32

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Olav @ May 3 2006, 07:29 AM)
For example when I approached the Red Mountain for the first time I was in awe.

And I haven't tried a single mod for Morrowind, so I guess I have something to look forward to there as well.

Wow Olav ... you're a virgin! modwise, I mean. tongue.gif hehehe Wow, you've got some fantastic things ahead if you are going to be trying some of the MW mods. I hope you can still find the good ones.

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Ramirez
post Jun 8 2006, 12:50 AM
Post #33

Evoker

I would think that once I own Oblivion, I will not touch Morrowind for quite a long time. However, I can foresee myself re installing maybe a couple of years later and trying it out again.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
dagoth carlos
post Jun 8 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #34

Finder
Group Icon

i played oblivion for a compiled 2 days... and i worked it out of my system till the end of this year...(im going to boot camp, so dont wanna long for it in the millitary camp) but as long as im still around... im going to be playing morrowind till the end of my days..sad.gif oh whell.... i got some head mods from nettin.net(sorry, i dunno if im supposed to advertise this site, which im not...) to look forward 2

--------------------
"Every day we spend here is like we're dying slowly"
"but now (insert your name) is here, now i know, that there really
is a world out side."
+Quote Post
Zarrexaij
post Jun 17 2006, 03:26 AM
Post #35

Knower
Group Icon

I still play Morrowind.

In fact, I play Morrowind more than Oblivion, seeing I myself do not have Oblivion, but my boyfriend does.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Jun 20 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #36

Mouth
Group Icon

I have said it before, Mw is teh best game I have ever played...sure Ilove Oblivion, bit with teh expansions, and all of the lovely mods out there, Morrowind is a faaaaar more attractive game....at least to me, so I guess I'll stop playing Oblivion before I stop Morrowind.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Feb 27 2008, 07:34 PM
Post #37

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Tellie @ Apr 1 2006, 09:48 PM) *
Personally I think it's more like Norway, but well, thats me...laugh.gif

Well, that depends on wich parts of the Scandinavia you're talking about. But it's like the north west of Sweden, Norway and north Finland in my opinion.

//Daedroth

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
raggidman
post Apr 22 2008, 09:54 PM
Post #38

Evoker

heh, you forgot Iceland?

None of the mods have the best thing about Morrowind - the load/start screne theme. Do you remember how it starts with that measured drum beat - wonderful music - and a fine intro too.

Thing is that Morrowind was and is an open game. Same for Daggerfall. And Arena had that rep. By contrast (I understand) Oblivion has a closed quest structure or at least it is very controlled. That does not appeal to me in the same way.

I understand about the upgraded fight action and graphics are no doubt wonderful in some respects, but Morrowind was wonderful enough for me. Also people keep coming out with stuff about the Lore - that suggests that Oblivion does not have the same understanding of humanity that Morrowind did.

This is not to say that I am against the creation of new stuff - love it if it is special - just that I have not been bitten by the Oblivion bug as I was by Morrowind. And there is one further reason why. Where it may be great fun to play, as any console game can be, what was vital about Cyrodiil was that it is the Center of The Empire - and that means politics, industry and the metropolitan experience = sophistication. I have never read anything that indicates to me that was part of Oblivion.

By comparison Morrowind was and is politically fascinating.
+Quote Post
noniin_kaikki_tai_ei_mitään
post Apr 26 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #39

Associate

I think that Morrowind is beter than Oblivion

--------------------
Fools Your God Is Dead
+Quote Post
paragenic
post May 12 2008, 10:46 PM
Post #40

Retainer

salute.gif

This post has been edited by paragenic: May 27 2008, 08:25 PM
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:39 AM