6 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you wearing? What are you wielding?, The Skyrim Version
Vital
post Feb 24 2014, 12:37 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Because the Oblivion has gone well so far, here's one for those of us who travel north of the border. Here you can post all the arms and armour your skyrim characters make use of.

To start:

Ravos from Skyrim, despite being level 40, can usually be found wearing improved fur armor (the variant that cover the most flesh) enchanted to increase health, leather boots and bracers, the bracers are enchanted to increase one-handed damage, he wears a plain hood that he enchanted to increase bow damage, he has a necklace that also increases one-handed damage and a ring that increases stamina. He also has a suit of legendary glass armor for occasional use. He uses a legendary glass bow of frost damage and dual-wields two legendary glass swords, one does lightning and one does fire damage. He keeps two steel daggers of soul trapping handy aswell.

--------------------
I'll probably disappear for a minimum of 10 minutes after this post..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 24 2014, 12:59 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Excellent idea for a thread!

Aravi, my Khajiit, wears different things based on the temperature and how likely she is to get into trouble.

Similar to Ravos, my Khajiit carries fur armor, the type that fully covers the body. She wears it, fur bracers, and some fluffy (modded) leg wraps whenever she is somewhere with snow. Aravi dislikes having her fingers or toes covered, so even in the harsh north she is somewhat barefoot. Her fur armor is enchanted with resist frost.

Down south around Riften, she usually wears considerably less. The Forsworn outfit is similar to what she wears there.

The rest of the time (and when she expects trouble) she prefers a set of Elven armor.

The weapons and jewelry she wears changes pretty often, but she always has 2 sets of golden earrings that are enchanted to reduce the cost of restoration magic by 5%.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 24 2014, 02:42 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

Time for the Skyrim Fashion Show! biggrin.gif

Hervor started out wearing a mail hauberk from tehxens Chainmail Hauberks. She wears a Spangenhelm I made with some help from the Open Face Helmets mod. Her shield is one from Matherian Viking Shields. Finally she wears the vanilla Fur Boots and Fur Gauntlets that the Stormcloaks and guards do. Her weapons are the Atmoran Sword from Chronicles of Steel, and her bow is the Nord Bow from the same mod.

Later on Hervor joined the Dawnguard, and suited up in the red Dawnguard Armor with boots and gauntlets. She kept her Spangenhelm though, and her Atmoran Sword and Nord Bow.

Persephone went through several gear phases. When she was alive and named Kore, she wore Ancient Nord Armor and carried an Ancient Nord Greatsword named Blessing. Though of course at that time (Alessia's reign), they were brand new. When she rose from the dead as Persephone, she kept the armor, but now summoned up a ghostly version of her old sword, now named Malediction.

As she began to act more like the living, and remember more of what it once felt like to be alive, she put aside her tombwear and updated her outfit. She moved to a suit of white Eisen Platte Armor, along with a hood from Ezio's Assassin's Creed Armor (sorry, cannot find a link), and finally a cape from Ranger's Cape, which I recolored to be grey. She also stopped using her ghost sword Malediction, and instead replaced it with a standard steel greatsword.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 24 2014, 02:45 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 24 2014, 03:05 AM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vital @ Feb 23 2014, 06:37 PM) *

Ravos from Skyrim, despite being level 40, can usually be found wearing improved fur armor (the variant that cover the most flesh)

Some folks might be thinking fur armor but really you can Smith the Oblivion out of cheaper armors. I was surprised when Lord Haaf-Mersey was active that he could improve iron and steel quite a bit, and really his perks were only up about half way.

Love dem pics, SR

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 24 2014, 03:13 AM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Feb 23 2014, 09:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Vital @ Feb 23 2014, 06:37 PM) *

Ravos from Skyrim, despite being level 40, can usually be found wearing improved fur armor (the variant that cover the most flesh)

Some folks might be thinking fur armor but really you can Smith the Oblivion out of cheaper armors. I was surprised when Lord Haaf-Mersey was active that he could improve iron and steel quite a bit, and really his perks were only up about half way.

Love dem pics, SR

Thanks RG wink.gif

One of the things I like about Skyrim is just what you said. Between smithing and the Light/Heavy Armor perks, it allows a character to wear steel or iron all the way through the game without it crippling them at the higher levels. My character Le Chevalier D'Eon's Eisen Platte has the same stats as Elven, one of the lower rank armors, and she still eventually hit the Armor Cap wearing it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 24 2014, 05:08 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

I like the flexibility with perks and worn enchantments, too. If a character isn’t going to practice Smithing they can improve their skill in the weapon or armor to help them be more Fearsome even with the lower tier equipment. Most of my characters go that route.

Lildereth is an archer from Cyrodiil (Oblivion). In Skyrim she wears more of a variety. The Triss outfit with the green cape Abiene made for her is a favorite, but she’s also often in her Falkreath Ranger armor or lately the Hunter armor from Immersive Armors. She wears the fur armor with a fur hood and mantle in the snow. She tried a fur cloak, but the darn thing was huge and probably weighed more than she did. Her necklace from Jerric looks a little different in Skyrim, but it still has claws and such on it and carries a warming charm (Resist Frost).

In Skyrim I made Shimai for her from the hunting bow. It has unimproved Elven stats and a firing speed of 1.0. She uses poison and perks for most of her damage. Shooting quickly with a weaker bow suits her very well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 24 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #7

Paladin
Group Icon

SubRosa and Grits, thanks for the screenshots. Skyrim certainly has some neat looking outfits, between vanilla and mods. happy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 24 2014, 07:28 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, all my female characters are Bear Riders, and don't wear much at all, because the bears prefer it that way. biggrin.gif Bear Riders also prefer two-handed weapons so they get a chance to swing them without dismounting. Outfits are custom, weapons are vanilla. Fleur (Battle-axes) wears a scrap of leather that still hits the Armour cap. Pala (Greatswords) prefers Eleven, Thulia (Dawnbreaker and shield) wears Deadric.

Galen Vhoth, my Dunmer assassin, wore the DB Ancient set, and wielded the Blade of Woe with a similarly enchanted one-hand sword in the other hand. He'd advanced Sneak to get the 15x multiplier for daggers, and so that was his preferred offence. He's the test character for the Elf Kids, so his equipment is all standard stuff.

Ra'Vish, the Khajiit Arch-Mage, naturally wore the robes once he had the post. Before that, various lesser robes. He didn't carry any weapons, only spells (and potions, especially restore magicka!) His female companions get to make all the fashion statements, and he hands over any weapons they'll use, and sells the rest.

Gol gro-Molag, the latest, is staunchly Orcish, and will just upgrade his Orcish armor, now that he can do so. He's not so fussy about his weapons, as long as they're both one-handed axes. He likes the look of the Dawnguard ones, but is currently using steel ones that he's tempered, but not yet enchanted. He may add a soul-trap on one hand, and absorb health on the other soon, to see how that works out. Gol is the character who will build an Orcish Longhouse if my Hearthfire mod gets made. He's towing Borghak the Steel-Heart around, and trying to get her interested in something a bit more revealing than Steel Armour, but he doesn't yet have the Smithing skill to make anything she prefers.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 24 2014, 07:33 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Vital
post Feb 24 2014, 08:13 PM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

Wow guys, some amazing characters here!

KC, hearing about Aravi sent me straight to her fan art thread. Don't Skyrim khajiit look awesome?

SR, once again I think all your characters look great. Hervor's spangenheim looks similar but much better than that shocking dawnguard helmet (not the closed one). Persephone's plate armor is so cool and I love the idea of playing an undead character!

I agree about the gear, except for the odd occasion Ravos never needs anything better than his furs. It's the same with a few of my higher-level characters. Even without the perks and bringing them up to the armor cap, Ravos gives out so much damage and his potions and restoration magic is so powerful, with glass armor it becomes too easy.

Grits, Lildereth's gear is so fitting for a bosmer. The things Ravos would do for a set of modded armor like that falkreath ranger set...

Ghastley, I think I've seen a few pics of that bear rider armor somewhere. Such a cool idea! Don't think you'd want to get on Galen's bad side and Ra'Vish is keeping it simple in the robes like any mage would. An orcish longhouse for hearthfire would be awesome.

Edit: Just noticed the typo in the heading. Oops! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Vital: Feb 24 2014, 08:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 24 2014, 08:44 PM
Post #10

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vital @ Feb 24 2014, 11:13 AM) *

Fixed. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Vital
post Feb 25 2014, 12:11 PM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 25 2014, 06:44 AM) *

QUOTE(Vital @ Feb 24 2014, 11:13 AM) *

Fixed. smile.gif

Thanks Acadian smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 27 2014, 05:38 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vital @ Feb 24 2014, 01:13 PM) *

KC, hearing about Aravi sent me straight to her fan art thread. Don't Skyrim khajiit look awesome?

They do! Thanks for taking a look!

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Vital
post Feb 27 2014, 11:48 AM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 27 2014, 03:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Vital @ Feb 24 2014, 01:13 PM) *

They do! Thanks for taking a look!

Was my pleasure. There's some good stuff on there smile.gif

Now for another character: Mavrys, my dunmer mercenary that I only play occasionally, wears banded iron amour with a novice hood. Nothing special, but I looks good and works well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Giedrius911G
post Feb 27 2014, 12:16 PM
Post #14

Retainer

Old screenshot, with fur.
IPB Image

--------------------
Oblivion looks best without Bloom and HDR.
Don't forget to turn them OFF realistic colors.

Add me on PSN: Giedrius911G
+Quote Post
Vital
post Feb 28 2014, 10:22 AM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

Looking good Giedrius smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 1 2014, 11:37 PM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

Hello everybody, good afternoon. Today's fashion moment is...

Mycharonna the Ice Witch emot-ninja1.gif

IPB Image

WEARING
Hooded Necromancer Robes (Magicka Regen + 75%)

Peasant's Clothing (see Explanation below)

Hide Boots of Dwindling Flames (Fire Resist +40%)

Shrouded Gloves (double-damage back stab)

Jewelry: Necklace of Remedy (+20% Health Regen),
............ Ring of Replenishing (+60% Magicka Regen)

WIELDING:
Iron Dagger of Fright (Creatures & NPCs up to L15 flee for 30 secs.)
Orcish Daggar of Soul Trap
Orcish Daggar of Frost (+24 pts cold damage)
Staff of Fireballs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explanation: Amongst her many talents, Mycharonna can shape-shift. She's been doing it since she was a young child, and long before becoming a vampire. One of her fave tricks is to shape shift from her foul-smelling necro-robes to one of her peasant outfits, which are several plain Skyrim dresses, usually with small magical bonuses. She transfers from one outfit to the next instantly with one of the Xbox's voice commands. Since I don't have to go into the menu to change her clothes, it makes it seem like she is indeed casting an illusionary shape-shifting spell.

Whenever she goes into a civilized area, she shape-shifts from robes to clothes. She can only do this from Stages 1 thru 3 though. Once she's S4, the evil within becomes too great, and everybody sees her for what she is.

Mycharonna also has a circlet, ring, amulet, and bracers, all which boost her Alchemy skill. ph34r.gif

So far as weapons go, she mostly uses the three daggars mentioned above, she rarely uses the Staff of Fireballs. Since she mostly uses frost magics, that staff is just there for variety.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Mar 2 2014, 12:09 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Giedrius911G
post Mar 3 2014, 10:27 PM
Post #17

Retainer

Smooth.
IPB Image

--------------------
Oblivion looks best without Bloom and HDR.
Don't forget to turn them OFF realistic colors.

Add me on PSN: Giedrius911G
+Quote Post
Vital
post Mar 4 2014, 11:07 AM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

Attia left Helgen in light imperial armour, but decided something less controversial was appropriate for travel, considering she's currently not in the legion. She's not that fond of the Nordic style of armour and couldn't do hide or studded armour, luckily she found leather to be more to her liking and is wearing a set of that (except the helmet). She weilds a steel sword and an iron banded shield, relying more on her shield and then counter attacking with her sword.

Cool thing I've found is in the attempt to replicate roman combat techniques: crouching while in melee combat, with a sword and board character, holding the shield up and waiting for the opponent to open up before you strike. sort of replicates the roman combat when using the sword instead of spear...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 4 2014, 07:55 PM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vital @ Mar 4 2014, 05:07 AM) *

Cool thing I've found is in the attempt to replicate roman combat techniques: crouching while in melee combat, with a sword and board character, holding the shield up and waiting for the opponent to open up before you strike. sort of replicates the roman combat when using the sword instead of spear...

Interesting. I think i know what you are describing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Mar 13 2014, 12:02 PM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

Eilidh managed to grab a set of studded armour from an obligingly deceased bandit after having escaped from Helgen with only some cobbled together stuff.
The rest is Imperial cast-offs.

She has a decent cloak and hood, again courtesy of the local colour although until arriving at Bleakfalls she had a fairly inadequate burlap one.

She remains continually irritated that her own armour, a decent set of Elven, was confiscated along with her weapons upon her incarceration in Helgen.

Speaking of weapons, having been initially forced by circumstance to use a sword, she has managed to acquire a steel warhammer and a bow of ancient origin. Much more to her liking...

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:48 PM