15 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Things, post something you've never seen before in Cyrodiil
mirocu
post Aug 3 2014, 04:08 PM
Post #21

Spam Meister
Group Icon

The mod level of Renee´s game always feels like a new thing to me... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 3 2014, 04:08 PM
Post #22

Paladin
Group Icon

I think Manheim Maulhand's choice of trousers at the Inn of Ill Omen takes top honors for fashion statements.

Of course Schlera Cestius at Pell's Gate gets notable mention in the 'What Not to Wear' category as well for somehow thinking a skirt makes a good complement to a cuirass. laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 3 2014, 06:28 PM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha yeah you are right Acadian! And mirocu yeah, I'm still adding. I've probably doubled my original 40 mod goal by now. Can't help it!

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 3 2014, 10:53 AM) *

Renee, I checked and Trenus does wear the Russet Felt Shoes. That’s quite a fashion statement! Kind of a little reward for checking out Cyrodiil’s underbelly. laugh.gif

Hey, whatever floats his boat. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Aug 3 2014, 06:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 5 2014, 01:38 AM
Post #24

Councilor
Group Icon

Indeed. I mean, I’ve seen conjurors wearing green velvet shoes with a blue mage’s robe. I always assumed that being Altmers they were too tall to see their feet, but I suppose they just like it that way. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 5 2014, 03:06 AM
Post #25

Paladin
Group Icon

Yes! Conjurors wearing blue robes and green shoes! ohmy.gif

This is Buffy's small contribution to keeping Cyrodiil free of such fashion faux pas. wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 5 2014, 03:16 AM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

The fashion assassin is on the loose! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 6 2014, 07:25 PM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

I have a New Thing but I'll have to get it arranged first. Another silly pic.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 23 2014, 12:14 AM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

Vanilla: I heard a dark elf male say "Greetings my Dunmer sister" in Cheydinhal! ... Such a simple greeting, but I've never heard it before.

Mods: I noticed the All Natural mod (which introduces the ability to see weather effects from indoors) put a bit of rain on the inside of the Cheydinhal Bridge Inn. I simply RP'd that the roof is leaky! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Aug 23 2014, 12:21 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 28 2014, 01:25 AM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

Mods: MMM adds all sorts of rats and even mice. The mice usually shows up after we've killed an NPC or creature. If we pass this NPC or creature several hours later, it'll often be surrounded by little mice, which I assume are feasting on the dead body. tongue.gif

That's one new thing. Another new thing: if we step on one of these mice, it'll go SQUAK really loud, and this is because we've just stepped on its head, and now it's been crushed. sad.gif But that's actually kinda neat because it means MMM's authors actually managed to make our feet do something (other than stand, walk, or run).

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 28 2014, 02:17 AM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

The reminds me of the Shrink Ray from the old Duke Nukem 3d game. After you shot someone with it and shrank them down, you could run over and step on them. It was an instant kill, and made a squishing sound when you did it. It was lots of fun in multiplayer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 28 2014, 03:57 PM
Post #31

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 28 2014, 03:17 AM) *

The reminds me of the Shrink Ray from the old Duke Nukem 3d game. After you shot someone with it and shrank them down, you could run over and step on them. It was an instant kill, and made a squishing sound when you did it. It was lots of fun in multiplayer.

Never played multi but that gun is a fun idea. Especially while stomping and you hit the key combo that makes him say "You´re an inspiration for birth control" laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 7 2014, 12:37 AM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

So my Redguard is in the Pale Lady's hideout, which has bottles of human blood everywhere. My new thing of the day, I didn't know there are wine bottles filled with blood. indifferent.gif

Another one: Lady Saga was hiding in some cave when a conjurer walked by her. She was slow at getting her crossbow set up, and missed the guy. The conjurer did not notice he had walked by her. And here's the part I've never seen before. When he walked by for the second time, he cast a healing spell when he got right beside her. This allowed him some extra light, and he caught Saga crouched in darkness. ohmy.gif

I didn't know spells count as light sources for NPCs. For us, yes, but I didn't know NPCs could use these are sources of light.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Sep 8 2014, 12:38 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 7 2014, 04:03 PM
Post #33

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Sep 7 2014, 01:37 AM) *

So my Redguard is in the Pale Lady's hideout, which has bottles of human blood everywhere. My new thing of the day, I didn't know there are wine bottles filled with blood. indifferent.gif

Either I missed this or simply forgot about it.

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Sep 7 2014, 01:37 AM) *

Another one: Lady Saga was hiding in some cave when a conjurer walked by her. She was slow at getting her crossbow set up, and missed the guy. The conjurer did not notice he had walked by her. And here's the part I've never seen before. When he walked by for the second time, he cast a healing spell just as he walked by. This allowed him some extra light, and he caught Saga sitting in darkness. ohmy.gif

I didn't know spells count as light sources for NPCs. For us, yes, but I didn't know NPCs could use these are sources of light.

Now this was interesting. As you say, it´s not strange that we can use it as a light source, but the fact they could too was definitely new to me too smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Sep 13 2014, 06:54 PM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

I'd never noticed the autumn colours on the trees along the Orange Road...So beautiful...It seemed to be late afternoon so as I passed the trees, the sunlight kept doing that shade/blinding/shade thing...So beautiful...Don't recall ever seeing that before...

Fair dues Bethesda...Fair dues...
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 14 2014, 01:02 AM
Post #35

Councilor
Group Icon

Heavenly, aren't they, those fall colors?

I just discovered SetActorFullName on the console. laugh.gif I couldn't believe it. I named my elf's horse 'Pasquid' which is the first word popping into my mind. Soon as I saw the horse now has its own in-game name I flipped. Started laughing really hard!

Then I turned to Saga's companions. Saga's still got Maglir with her, but since Parwen left the group (RP stuff) now Saga has a generic, respawning Imperial Legion Forester with her. I like this actually. This guy is strong, he's got lots of health, and is a good marksman + swordfighter. And if he dies, I don't have to feel conflicted about it. He's generic, not truly named. Or at least, not until now.

I decided to name him Marcus I. Seddsoh. rollinglaugh.gif It just cracks me up, not just giving him a silly name, but seeing his name show up on my screen whenever Saga turns to speak to him. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Sep 14 2014, 01:03 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 14 2014, 01:45 PM
Post #36

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Lol. Renee going nuts with the console is always fun to read about tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Sep 14 2014, 02:11 PM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

The stars!!!...Planets!!!...Galactic centres!!!...Awwww this game gets better the more I play it... laugh.gif ...
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 14 2014, 06:52 PM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Sep 13 2014, 12:54 PM) *

I'd never noticed the autumn colours on the trees along the Orange Road...So beautiful...It seemed to be late afternoon so as I passed the trees, the sunlight kept doing that shade/blinding/shade thing...So beautiful...Don't recall ever seeing that before...

Fair dues Bethesda...Fair dues...

Yes one of the things Beth did well was the climate changes with latitude in Oblivion - how we go from muggy early summer weather in Leyawiin to hot dry late summer in Anvil to fall around Chorrol and Cheydinhal.

And let's not forget spring in Bravil and IC as well as winter in the Jeralls/Bruma.

I've always loved the lighting in the game, and how it changes with time. One of our favorite moments with Julian was the time we spent waiting for the Shade of the Revenant to appear. The sunsets from that location high in the Valus can only be beat by sunrise from the gate tower of CRT. I love how the light changes so smoothly, and the shadows so subtly, that it was the first thing I missed in Skyrim (ever notice that the shadows jump as time passes?).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 14 2014, 08:45 PM
Post #39

Councilor
Group Icon

I can still remember the first time I saw one of those Shade of Revenant light beams. There's a fort or ruins about halfway between Anvil and Skingrad, and I saw this purple beam coming down from the sky. I had no idea what it was.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Sep 18 2014, 12:14 PM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

Came across a double whammy of newness today;

I was running Drydin Sarethi through the tutorial. In the first ambush he got one of the assassins, and in the last he got another. As he was looting the bodies Glenroy was apparently close enough to trigger him saying something. I don't remember exactly what he said, but it started with; "you handled yourself pretty well back there". When Dridyn looked, Glenroy was actually smiling! ohmy.gif

Also, Baurus actually managed to guess that Drydin is indeed a mage. Only time he's been right in my games. laugh.gif

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post

15 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:28 AM