mALX
post Feb 14 2019, 03:02 AM
Post #3861

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 13 2019, 08:53 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 13 2019, 07:42 PM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 13 2019, 08:16 PM) *

I was sitting thinking what my next main game should be and I suddenly remembered that Enderal's Forgotten Stories "DLC" is supposed to be released sometime tomorrow.

For starters I have to download that from Steam, lol, but THEN Then I'll have something to play. I've been waiting for this for over a year

God, the main theme in the trailer just *clenches fist* fucks me up real good

The game play and graphics aren't up to the standard I'm hooked on, but the storyline sounds fantastic!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the original story to the point where it still breaks my heart to think back on it (I learned that for me it's an indicator of a good story). This was originally sold as adding a third, alternate ending to the main quest, but the addition of a bunch of sidequests and factions that didn't make it to the original release is grabbing my attention, too. Can't wait.

Yeah, there was a game I couldn't get because I think it was on PS4 that effected me that way too = "The Last Of Us." I watched the vids on YouTube = couldn't tear myself away from it.

The storyline for this one sounds amazing!

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 14 2019, 03:03 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Feb 15 2019, 09:40 PM
Post #3862

Master
Group Icon

Picked up Monster Hunter: World as a bunch of guildmmates from WoW play it. We've converted a group.

I tried playing with keyboard and mouse and just couldn't do it. So I caved, bought a PS4 controller and modded the game to show proper PS4 prompts(by default buttons are Xbox buttons, it's just an annoying UI thing for a newbie that's still adjusting to a controller).

It's so far, so good. Maybe record some of my hunts.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 20 2019, 07:23 PM
Post #3863

Master
Group Icon

I spent almost all my free time for over a week adding scenic detail to a Transport Fever train route. (As an ancient fully-retired good-for-nothing never-was I've lots of free time to spend.) As much as has been added, much remains to be added. Enough is at last in place to create and upload a Scenic Excursion episode documenting my work to date. I hope to do so overnight, tomorrow night at the latest.

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 10 2019, 10:23 AM) *

Anyway, I do Love this episode (13)! The landscape was gorgeous; and the sound effects of people talking and birds tweeting in the stations = really nice touch!

I loved the "Ride Along" part where you were going through the tunnels to get through the mountain pass = was wondering when you entered the tunnels and the camera changed sides of the train = do YOU change the camera angle or is that something that happens automatically when entering a tunnel?
Anyway, it was very cool. I think this one is one of my favorites because of the landscaping = it looks so much like places I've actually lived IRL.

Thanks. I'm partial to episode 13 too, simple though its train route is. Push come to shove, it's my pick of the post-ep10 litter. Of the first ten episodes, I like 10 best. Ep9 (an old version of the trip taken ep15) might come in a close second were it not for excessive YT video compression degradation. Wish I knew a sure-fire way to avoid that.

Episode 13 camera position changes. Yes, I did those live during filming. Camera Views Add-on mod thankfully places its two side-position cameras one hotkey press apart. I switched as needed for best view and to avoid hitting our heads on track-side objects. Got confused a couple of times, ruining those takes. No biggie. It's a short route, easy to re-film as needed.

Upcoming episode 16 was more cumbersome. I needed to switch positions to avoid Station awning support posts at Hartlepool Station. Our train is powered by a loco whose modder provides his own custom camera positions. The two side-views are something like ten hotkey presses apart!!!! Had to pause the game, click until reaching the desired position, un-pause, then splice out unwanted pause(s) during edit. It didn't go well, resulting in several bad splices.

You ask how much scenery is my doing rather than game placed? Out of the box TpF is at heart almost wholly a transport empire economic simulator. Connect industries to towns. Transport people between towns. Grow towns as large as possible. Make as much money as possible in the process. Little effort was put into creating scenically interesting landscape.

Cities themselves can look quite impressive. Clumps of trees dot the map. The vanilla game allows placement of more trees, shrubs and rocks, at a monetary cost. Roads connect cities and industries. That's about the extent of it. We players are left to our on devices as to placing stations, laying track (and all but essential roadways), and so on.

Me, I belong to a subset of players who downplay or ignore economics and concentrate on creating interesting scenery for our roads and railways to wander through.

The game is much like TES Oblivion and Skyrim in that it harbors a dedicated (free) modding community who stepped in to provide a wealth of mods for us scenic detailers. As to how much of what you see is placed by me, it depends. Discounting game generated cites and industries, most everything is mine, discounting clumps of trees that happen to be where I need them.

I'll address further comments at a later time. smile.gif

Thursday Morning 21 Feb 2019 addendum:
More on what the vanilla game tends to look like un-modded, scenery wise. Here's another fellow's brief ride-along. It's not quite pure vanilla. He adds a few assets at stations, industries, and so on. but those are minor additions. The countryside itself look unaltered other than the railway running through it. I neither endorse nor condemn this vid. It is what it is. In any case I'm sure he'd appreciate an additional view or two. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Feb 21 2019, 01:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 21 2019, 03:21 AM
Post #3864

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 10 2019, 11:30 AM) *

Some things I neglected to mention on Episode 13:

There were several cross-overs and crossroads in this Episode that really added so much to the vid! One huge example was towards the end of the vid = a curving road that was going up a hill toward a crossroads of road and rails. There was a Semi that looked to be piggybacking (it seemed too long for a semi with just one trailer; in fact at first I thought it was another train, but it was on the road).

It was coming up the hill on that curved road toward that crossroads at a fairly high rate of speed (probably had to in order to make it to the top due to it being uphill and the weight of the extra trailer behind) = while at the top of the hill the train was chugging at a pretty good clip toward the crossroads.

Watching that intersection I kept seeing them coming closer and closer with a trajectory and speed that I was sure would end in the two crashing. I really seriously wondered if you had thrown a crash in to catch us viewers by surprise; but at the last minute the semi stopped. WHEW!!!

That was probably the most awesome moment I've seen in these vids, I was actually holding my breath watching/worried what would happen, lol.

Anyway, it made me wonder what would happen in that game if you hadn't stopped the semi? Does the game account for crashes (like GTA or something?) It was the first time watching these vids that it ever occurred to me; so I had to ask.

I re-watched EP13 to ensure I accurately remember what you mention here. That crossing sequence occurs near video end, during the third-person static camera position clip of our train departing Epping Station. What you think of as piggybacking 'Semis' is actually an electric street tram/trolley with two compartments. Those aren't so common anymore, certainly not in the USA. Yes, it made for a dramatic scene. I lucked out there.

I almost hate reporting that TpF, being at heart an economics game rather than a vehicle simulator, does not simulate crashes. AI is pretty good about giving trains priority at all road/track crossings. Other vehicles and pedestrians SHOULD stop and wait for trains to clear an intersection before proceeding. It's not foolproof. Should a vehicle or person be super close to a crossing when warning is given, they can ignore it and continue on. When this happens, the game simply allows vehicles and people to ghost through each other.

Train vs train interaction is slightly different. There, the game has one or both trains on a collision-course stop before colliding, depending on situation. If both stop, the player will need to step in and fix whatever's wrong, hopefully before the entire railway network comes to a halt. I had that happen twice early on. Second time it occurred was a nightmare to sort out and get things flowing again. Took forever, though in the end the solution proved as simple as repositioning one Signal by several yards. Regardless, I redid signaling throughout that congested stretch of tracks (at Morley). Haven't had a lick of trouble there since.

Mashinky, on the other hand, does allow trains to collide. You have to be spot-on with Signaling or suffer the consequences. One mistake and bye-bye trains. Having played it first, I learned the fine art of Signaling there. In consequence, I tend to over-Signal my tracks in TpF, to be on the safe site, even though I know it's not necessary. Yes, your network can clog due to poor Signaling. But you won't lose any trains.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 21 2019, 11:55 AM
Post #3865

Master
Group Icon

Overnight, 20-21 Feb 2019, I uploaded Episode 16 of my YouTube Transport Fever Scenic Excursions series.

In it, we board a Passenger Train and travel by rail between the game generated cities of Chesham and Hartlepool. It's our first visit to the latter. Stops are made en route at two new Railway Passenger Stations, those at Duncwich Suburbia and Hartlepool Quarry Village, towns hand-placed by me via Ploppable Town Buildings and other asset mods.

The mod "Sexy Rocks" again gets a decent workout.

If YouTube video compression is overly bothersome at 1080p Full Screen, try watching in Theater Mode (but still 1080p).

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 21 2019, 05:17 PM
Post #3866

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 20 2019, 01:23 PM) *

I spent almost all my free time for over a week adding scenic detail to a Transport Fever train route. (As an ancient fully-retired good-for-nothing never-was I've lots of free time to spend.) As much as has been added, much remains to be added. Enough is at last in place to create and upload a Scenic Excursion episode documenting my work to date. I hope to do so overnight, tomorrow night at the latest.

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 10 2019, 10:23 AM) *

Anyway, I do Love this episode (13)! The landscape was gorgeous; and the sound effects of people talking and birds tweeting in the stations = really nice touch!

I loved the "Ride Along" part where you were going through the tunnels to get through the mountain pass = was wondering when you entered the tunnels and the camera changed sides of the train = do YOU change the camera angle or is that something that happens automatically when entering a tunnel?
Anyway, it was very cool. I think this one is one of my favorites because of the landscaping = it looks so much like places I've actually lived IRL.

Thanks. I'm partial to episode 13 too, simple though its train route is. Push come to shove, it's my pick of the post-ep10 litter. Of the first ten episodes, I like 10 best. Ep9 (an old version of the trip taken ep15) might come in a close second were it not for excessive YT video compression degradation. Wish I knew a sure-fire way to avoid that.

Episode 13 camera position changes. Yes, I did those live during filming. Camera Views Add-on mod thankfully places its two side-position cameras one hotkey press apart. I switched as needed for best view and to avoid hitting our heads on track-side objects. Got confused a couple of times, ruining those takes. No biggie. It's a short route, easy to re-film as needed.

Upcoming episode 16 was more cumbersome. I needed to switch positions to avoid Station awning support posts at Hartlepool Station. Our train is powered by a loco whose modder provides his own custom camera positions. The two side-views are something like ten hotkey presses apart!!!! Had to pause the game, click until reaching the desired position, un-pause, then splice out unwanted pause(s) during edit. It didn't go well, resulting in several bad splices.

You ask how much scenery is my doing rather than game placed? Out of the box TpF is at heart almost wholly a transport empire economic simulator. Connect industries to towns. Transport people between towns. Grow towns as large as possible. Make as much money as possible in the process. Little effort was put into creating scenically interesting landscape.

Cities themselves can look quite impressive. Clumps of trees dot the map. The vanilla game allows placement of more trees, shrubs and rocks, at a monetary cost. Roads connect cities and industries. That's about the extent of it. We players are left to our on devices as to placing stations, laying track (and all but essential roadways), and so on.

Me, I belong to a subset of players who downplay or ignore economics and concentrate on creating interesting scenery for our roads and railways to wander through.

The game is much like TES Oblivion and Skyrim in that it harbors a dedicated (free) modding community who stepped in to provide a wealth of mods for us scenic detailers. As to how much of what you see is placed by me, it depends. Discounting game generated cites and industries, most everything is mine, discounting clumps of trees that happen to be where I need them.

I'll address further comments at a later time. smile.gif

Thursday Morning 21 Feb 2019 addendum:
More on what the vanilla game tends to look like un-modded, scenery wise. Here's another fellow's brief ride-along. It's not quite pure vanilla. He adds a few assets at stations, industries, and so on. but those are minor additions. The countryside itself look unaltered other than the railway running through it. I neither endorse nor condemn this vid. It is what it is. In any case I'm sure he'd appreciate an additional view or two. tongue.gif

Wow, it was barren in comparison! I've been able to see your own personal growth in the vids you've posted making these trips; so I knew you were adding some of the decor. You do an excellent job on these; and my appreciation is even greater after seeing how much you actually do by seeing this vid! (no offense whatsoever meant toward the author of this vid; art is still art even when seen beside the masters).

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 21 2019, 05:46 PM
Post #3867

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 20 2019, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 10 2019, 11:30 AM) *

Some things I neglected to mention on Episode 13:

There were several cross-overs and crossroads in this Episode that really added so much to the vid! One huge example was towards the end of the vid = a curving road that was going up a hill toward a crossroads of road and rails. There was a Semi that looked to be piggybacking (it seemed too long for a semi with just one trailer; in fact at first I thought it was another train, but it was on the road).

It was coming up the hill on that curved road toward that crossroads at a fairly high rate of speed (probably had to in order to make it to the top due to it being uphill and the weight of the extra trailer behind) = while at the top of the hill the train was chugging at a pretty good clip toward the crossroads.

Watching that intersection I kept seeing them coming closer and closer with a trajectory and speed that I was sure would end in the two crashing. I really seriously wondered if you had thrown a crash in to catch us viewers by surprise; but at the last minute the semi stopped. WHEW!!!

That was probably the most awesome moment I've seen in these vids, I was actually holding my breath watching/worried what would happen, lol.

Anyway, it made me wonder what would happen in that game if you hadn't stopped the semi? Does the game account for crashes (like GTA or something?) It was the first time watching these vids that it ever occurred to me; so I had to ask.

I re-watched EP13 to ensure I accurately remember what you mention here. That crossing sequence occurs near video end, during the third-person static camera position clip of our train departing Epping Station. What you think of as piggybacking 'Semis' is actually an electric street tram/trolley with two compartments. Those aren't so common anymore, certainly not in the USA. Yes, it made for a dramatic scene. I lucked out there.

I almost hate reporting that TpF, being at heart an economics game rather than a vehicle simulator, does not simulate crashes. AI is pretty good about giving trains priority at all road/track crossings. Other vehicles and pedestrians SHOULD stop and wait for trains to clear an intersection before proceeding. It's not foolproof. Should a vehicle or person be super close to a crossing when warning is given, they can ignore it and continue on. When this happens, the game simply allows vehicles and people to ghost through each other.

Train vs train interaction is slightly different. There, the game has one or both trains on a collision-course stop before colliding, depending on situation. If both stop, the player will need to step in and fix whatever's wrong, hopefully before the entire railway network comes to a halt. I had that happen twice early on. Second time it occurred was a nightmare to sort out and get things flowing again. Took forever, though in the end the solution proved as simple as repositioning one Signal by several yards. Regardless, I redid signaling throughout that congested stretch of tracks (at Morley). Haven't had a lick of trouble there since.

Mashinky, on the other hand, does allow trains to collide. You have to be spot-on with Signaling or suffer the consequences. One mistake and bye-bye trains. Having played it first, I learned the fine art of Signaling there. In consequence, I tend to over-Signal my tracks in TpF, to be on the safe site, even though I know it's not necessary. Yes, your network can clog due to poor Signaling. But you won't lose any trains.

A trolley! I never would have guessed that! Our area actually still uses trolleys in the Downtown areas (Knoxville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, etc). People can park on the fringes and use the trolley to get around those areas to keep the high volume of traffic down in congested areas. The trolley in Downtown Knoxville is free to use; not sure about Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge.

That (Episode 13) vid remains in my top favorites for so many reasons; but that intersection and the anticipation of not knowing what you were going to show there was one of the greatest moments of the vid!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 21 2019, 08:30 PM
Post #3868

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 21 2019, 05:55 AM) *

Overnight, 20-21 Feb 2019, I uploaded Episode 16 of my YouTube Transport Fever Scenic Excursions series.

In it, we board a Passenger Train and travel by rail between the game generated cities of Chesham and Hartlepool. It's our first visit to the latter. Stops are made en route at two new Railway Passenger Stations, those at Duncwich Suburbia and Hartlepool Quarry Village, towns hand-placed by me via Ploppable Town Buildings and other asset mods.

If YouTube video compression is overly bothersome at 1080p Full Screen, try watching in Theater Mode (but still 1080p).

The beginning of this vid has a really strange edit where one train suddenly turned into a different train while a man on the platform watched. At first I thought it was a mistake; but then you said that you were waiting for a certain train; so then I wasn't sure if that was an intentional lack of transitioning (for artistic effect). You have a very real tongue in cheek sense of humor; and are an amazing artist with your vids = that editing fits right in with you. So I got a real kick out of it; it was a great way to start the vid.

Oh = darn YouTube has taken to writing the Title (of the vid) across the top of the vid as it is playing! It is very irritating because it cuts off the blurbs you write in the upper left corner of the screen! Stopping the vid to read the blurbs doesn't work; as soon as I stop the vid it automatically freezes the Title there. The only way to get rid of it is to freeze the vid; go to a different tab or window; wait at least 30 seconds; then flip back to the tab with your vid on it without touching the page (because even bumping the mouse will cause the Title to lock on the vid again).

I really don't know why they started doing that; but it is very aggravating! I've ended up missing a bunch of your blurbs, verysad.gif I am really wondering if there is some setting that we can change to keep that Title thing from blocking the vids while we try to watch them?

** The blurb you centered in the lower section of the screen telling us to jump ahead to skip the extended wait = no problems seeing that at all; so far YouTube hasn't covered up that part of the vids. (actually, they have = with advertisements; but you can still click those closed to get them out of the way so you can see the vid).

Oh, and speaking of your warning to forward the film there = glad I didn't listen to it; I might have missed the black diesel smoke from another train on the other side of the station) rising up to mingle with the white smoke from the factory chimney/vent in the background! It is these kind of details in your vids that make them so wonderful to watch! I don't know how you think of all these details!

The sound of this train is fantastic! Very realistic sounding throughout; and especially loved the heavy puffing when it was pulling out of the stations later on in the vid!

This seems to be the most fleshed out vid as far as scenery goes; probably because it is a short route running between towns/stations so close together. I loved the crowds on the platforms waiting for the train; loved the factories along the tracks coming into the towns - and being able to see the houses nearby while stopped at the stations! I really hope you do more passenger trains, this was Awesome!

Really loved the farm you passed with the cows in the fenced pasture; and was just thinking to myself how close they were to the tracks when I saw...a goat standing right by the tracks! I had to back the film up to look again; then saw the man with the goat, lol. Then saw another goat a little further on that was by himself = Really glad you aren't playing the version of this game with the crashes; wouldn't want to see goat + train accidents, lol. I remember in GTA or Outlander (can't remember which it was) = I lost control of the car and drove into a herd of sheep by accident; and it wasn't pretty, lol.

Now that I know how much of the background details you have added; I am totally floored by this vid!!!!! Wow, what an amazing job you have done on this !!!! Holy Cow !!!!

Bwaahaa! "Thanks for choosing Decrepit Railways," laugh.gif Loved that!

Awesome Vid! This one is right up there among my top favorites; between so much I can see you added to it and also for it having so many stops and short trips = really a fun vid; especially with all the passengers at the stations! Love it!

PS: Your comments below the vid had me rolling! Not true though; you are an "Always are" to us here at Chorrol!

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 21 2019, 08:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 21 2019, 11:00 PM
Post #3869

Master
Group Icon

Playing Rainbow Six Siege on the PS4 Pro. I should have unlocked Buck sooner, man he's great to play as. I might do a video later on tonight.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 22 2019, 03:39 PM
Post #3870

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Feb 21 2019, 11:00 PM) *

Playing Rainbow Six Siege on the PS4 Pro.

Noice. I did like that video where you sneaked around the plane. Brought me back to my own Rainbow Six days biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 22 2019, 04:32 PM
Post #3871

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 22 2019, 08:39 AM) *

Noice. I did like that video where you sneaked around the plane. Brought me back to my own Rainbow Six days biggrin.gif

I like the plane map myself, easy to navigate and easy to manage the enemies. You always want to take out the bombers first in any of the terrorist hunt maps if you can. Get rid of those two and you can breathe and take it easy from there as picking of the rest of the baddies won't be as stressful. For lone wolfing it you want to go slow and steady and get in the zone, do that and these things are a breeze.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 22 2019, 04:36 PM
Post #3872

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Did you play the hotel level from whatever Rainbow iteration some years back? You went from the parking garage all the way through the hotel and up to the roof. It was easier on my own but for some reason I always had a guy get stuck in the fountain, meaning I always lost one of my teammates! tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 22 2019, 06:53 PM
Post #3873

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 21 2019, 01:30 PM) *

We board a Passenger Train and travel by rail between the game generated cities of Chesham and Hartlepool. It's our first visit to the latter. Stops are made en route at two new Railway Passenger Stations, those at Duncwich Suburbia and Hartlepool Quarry Village, towns hand-placed by me via Ploppable Town Buildings and other asset mods.

The beginning of this vid has a really strange edit where one train suddenly turned into a different train while a man on the platform watched. At first I thought it was a mistake; but then you said that you were waiting for a certain train; so then I wasn't sure if that was an intentional lack of transitioning (for artistic effect). You have a very real tongue in cheek sense of humor; and are an amazing artist with your vids = that editing fits right in with you. So I got a real kick out of it; it was a great way to start the vid.

Oh = darn YouTube has taken to writing the Title (of the vid) across the top of the vid as it is playing! It is very irritating because it cuts off the blurbs you write in the upper left corner of the screen! Stopping the vid to read the blurbs doesn't work; as soon as I stop the vid it automatically freezes the Title there. The only way to get rid of it is to freeze the vid; go to a different tab or window; wait at least 30 seconds; then flip back to the tab with your vid on it without touching the page (because even bumping the mouse will cause the Title to lock on the vid again).

I really don't know why they started doing that; but it is very aggravating! I've ended up missing a bunch of your blurbs, verysad.gif I am really wondering if there is some setting that we can change to keep that Title thing from blocking the vids while we try to watch them?

Now that I know how much of the background details you have added; I am totally floored by this vid!!!!! Wow, what an amazing job you have done on this !!!! Holy Cow !!!!

I'll respond to some of your comments now (the rest are deleted in the above edited quote) and hopefully catch the rest later on. smile.gif

Your first comment had me scratching my head. At video beginning a Dunwich-Chesham Shuttle arrives, offloads and onloads passengers, flips as do almost all trains in this and similar games, and departs for Dunwich. Nothing more to it than that. Back when I started playing Mashinky, train flips bothered me to no end. By the time I switched allegiance to Transport Fever I'd grown to tolerate them. Nowadays I rarely give it a second thought. That said, I'd much prefer that the game offered a more realistic simulation in this regard. That sort of game exists. The one that interests me most is, alas, too much a money sink, with lots of expensive DLC/mods. I avoid that sort of title like the plague.

YouTube and text placed along upper left corner of videos. If this is what I see while watching, the trick is to simply keep your hands off the mouse once a video is running. Text should disappear after a few seconds, not to return unless/until the mouse is touched again.

Yeah, much of this video, the stretch of landscape between the river and the approach to Hartlepool in particular, represents my current state-of-the-art in scenic detailing. A sad thing is that, with this episode, I've painted myself into a corner. It might well have no equals in the foreseeable future. Certainly the next several episodes, revisits to short freight routes we've seen before. They won't come close, especially since raw footage was captured before I began episode 16. My main problem is; conditions that allowed me to do what I did with ep16 might not exist elsewhere on the map. Time will tell, I reckon. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 22 2019, 08:54 PM
Post #3874

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 22 2019, 09:36 AM) *

Did you play the hotel level from whatever Rainbow iteration some years back? You went from the parking garage all the way through the hotel and up to the roof. It was easier on my own but for some reason I always had a guy get stuck in the fountain, meaning I always lost one of my teammates! tongue.gif

I don't think I played that version of RB6, I only played RB6 on the N64, Vegas 1&2 and Siege.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Feb 22 2019, 08:54 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 22 2019, 09:08 PM
Post #3875

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Did a quick search on duckduck and youtube but I just cannot remember what the game was called. Bah.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Feb 22 2019, 11:38 PM
Post #3876

Master
Group Icon

So im still bad at MH:W. I want to play with my friends but the one guy refuses to, telling me i need to get good at the game so im not useless at endgame farming.

Rude. I'm just sick of solo farming sad.gif

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 23 2019, 02:37 AM
Post #3877

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 22 2019, 12:53 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 21 2019, 01:30 PM) *

We board a Passenger Train and travel by rail between the game generated cities of Chesham and Hartlepool. It's our first visit to the latter. Stops are made en route at two new Railway Passenger Stations, those at Duncwich Suburbia and Hartlepool Quarry Village, towns hand-placed by me via Ploppable Town Buildings and other asset mods.

I'll respond to some of your comments now (the rest are deleted in the above edited quote) and hopefully catch the rest later on. smile.gif

Your first comment had me scratching my head. At video beginning a Dunwich-Chesham Shuttle arrives, offloads and onloads passengers, flips as do almost all trains in this and similar games, and departs for Dunwich. Nothing more to it than that. Back when I started playing Mashinky, train flips bothered me to no end. By the time I switched allegiance to Transport Fever I'd grown to tolerate them. Nowadays I rarely give it a second thought. That said, I'd much prefer that the game offered a more realistic simulation in this regard. That sort of game exists. The one that interests me most is, alas, too much a money sink, with lots of expensive DLC/mods. I avoid that sort of title like the plague.

YouTube and text placed along upper left corner of videos. If this is what I see while watching, the trick is to simply keep your hands off the mouse once a video is running. Text should disappear after a few seconds, not to return unless/until the mouse is touched again.

Yeah, much of this video, the stretch of landscape between the river and the approach to Hartlepool in particular, represents my current state-of-the-art in scenic detailing. A sad thing is that, with this episode, I've painted myself into a corner. It might well have no equals in the foreseeable future. Certainly the next several episodes, revisits to short freight routes we've seen before. They won't come close, especially since raw footage was captured before I began episode 16. My main problem is; conditions that allowed me to do what I did with ep16 might not exist elsewhere on the map. Time will tell, I reckon. tongue.gif

Aha. I've never seen this before (train switching directions like that) in your previous vids; maybe you edited that part out before? So it was kind of jolting until I thought about you using that to show time lapsing. Now that I know what caused it = I'll overlook it and not bring it up again, lol.

On the blurbs in the upper left = I was not complaining about your vid at all! I would never gripe about your vids; I love them! That griping was strictly at YouTube for whatever burr in their butts caused them to do this to the vids.

None of that is your fault or anything wrong with your vid at all; and there is nothing you can do to fix it from your end (or anything I can fix from my end either). I researched it; and as of September 2018 they have locked that title and the showing of 4 "referral vids" every time you pause the vid = no one can turn it off anymore; they have coded it to not be altered.

I HAVE to pause the vid in order to read the blurbs; I can't read very well at all since the stroke. So I get that bar across the top every time. I did find out that by leaving the page open and going to a different tab or window does eventually drop that title so I can see the blurb = plus I did see in your comments below the vid that you said a lot of what was in the blurbs there too = so I didn't miss much.

None of that was your fault; or any complaint about the vid at all = I was just so frustrated with dealing with youtube's new policy that it came out in my comment. I'm really sorry; please disregard that = it had nothing to do with my enjoyment of your vid; I love all your vids!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 23 2019, 04:20 AM
Post #3878

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 22 2019, 07:37 PM) *

Aha. I've never seen this before (train switching directions like that) in your previous vids; maybe you edited that part out before? So it was kind of jolting until I thought about you using that to show time lapsing. Now that I know what caused it = I'll overlook it and not bring it up again, lol.

On the blurbs in the upper left = I was not complaining about your vid at all! I would never gripe about your vids; I love them! That griping was strictly at YouTube for whatever burr in their butts caused them to do this to the vids.

None of that is your fault or anything wrong with your vid at all; and there is nothing you can do to fix it from your end (or anything I can fix from my end either). I researched it; and as of September 2018 they have locked that title and the showing of 4 "referral vids" every time you pause the vid = no one can turn it off anymore; they have coded it to not be altered.

I HAVE to pause the vid in order to read the blurbs; I can't read very well at all since the stroke. So I get that bar across the top every time. I did find out that by leaving the page open and going to a different tab or window does eventually drop that title so I can see the blurb = plus I did see in your comments below the vid that you said a lot of what was in the blurbs there too = so I didn't miss much.

None of that was your fault; or any complaint about the vid at all = I was just so frustrated with dealing with youtube's new policy that it came out in my comment. I'm really sorry; please disregard that = it had nothing to do with my enjoyment of your vid; I love all your vids!

No worries. I fully understood from the get-go that you were/are not complaining about the video but rather YouTube's intrusion into it.

At the risk of becoming a broken record, I gotta say using Firefox with a good AdBlocker shields me from such behavior....for now. Seems like YouTube is getting in bed with mainstream media practices more and more as time passes, at the expense of the independent content creators and their viewers who made the site as popular as it now is. Sad for those of us who love YouTube as a counter to mainstream media and all it stands for.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 23 2019, 08:27 AM
Post #3879

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 22 2019, 10:20 PM) *

No worries. I fully understood from the get-go that you were/are not complaining about the video but rather YouTube's intrusion into it.

At the risk of becoming a broken record, I gotta say using Firefox with a good AdBlocker shields me from such behavior....for now. Seems like YouTube is getting in bed with mainstream media practices more and more as time passes, at the expense of the independent content creators and their viewers who made the site as popular as it now is. Sad for those of us who love YouTube as a counter to mainstream media and all it stands for.

I actually have Firefox downloaded onto this PC; and have even transferred my Bookmarks over to it a few months back when I was having some issue with Google Chrome. I just have a tough time forcing myself to change to something unfamiliar that I'll have to learn how to use (not to mention having to re-log into all my accounts that I currently keep open constantly because I can't remember the passwords on them - including here at Chorrol; Imgur; ESO; etc). I get feeling comfortable with any service and don't like to be bumped from my comfort zone. (I don't even want to admit how long I hung in with Internet Explorer; but it was much longer than I should have, lol).

You are exactly right about YouTube's politics in all this. They aren't the only ones; Imgur has recently started making changes exactly like PhotoBucket did right before they locked everyone's accounts and held them for ransom. I get the feeling both Imgur and YouTube will soon be pulling the rug out from under us just like Photobucket did.

There are other upstarts that are trying to give unhappy YouTubers a place to go. Supposedly the biggest of these is called Vimeo. They don't have a valid search function set up at all; no keywords to pull interested people to their vids. Their vids don't even come up in a Google search unless you type "Vimeo" first; then it just brings up a bunch of Vimeo vids with no connection to the keyword you wanted to search for. I couldn't even find a Fallout 4 gameplay vid on it to watch (trying to make a comparison in quality).

Like you; I have always loved YouTube; this is the first time I have been unhappy with them = but those changes they made in September 2018 when they locked down their codes and embedding are a clear sign that doesn't bode well for them being a free service for users like us in the future. verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 23 2019, 09:12 AM
Post #3880

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Feb 22 2019, 08:54 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 22 2019, 09:36 AM) *

I don't think I played that version of RB6, I only played RB6 on the N64, Vegas 1&2 and Siege.

Turns out it was Black Arrow

@Saki - Git gud wink.gif

@mALX - Don't forget I was the last one here with IE until a few months ago tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 192 193 194 195 196 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:28 AM