49 Pages V « < 36 37 38 39 40 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Star Wars Thread 1: The Phantom Post, Star Wars
SubRosa
post Dec 27 2018, 01:21 AM
Post #741

Ancient
Group Icon

IG-88 will be appearing in the new Mandalorian tv show.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 27 2018, 03:05 AM
Post #742

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 26 2018, 06:21 PM) *

Sweet! Khajiit remembers fighting ol’ Iggy in the game Shadows of the Empire. For some reason it spooked the hell out of this one!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 27 2018, 06:43 AM
Post #743

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 26 2018, 08:05 PM) *

Sweet! Khajiit remembers fighting ol’ Iggy in the game Shadows of the Empire. For some reason it spooked the hell out of this one!

I have Shadows of the Empire on my Steam account. Works with the Xbox controller though some custmation is at hand.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 27 2018, 08:15 AM
Post #744

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 26 2018, 11:43 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 26 2018, 08:05 PM) *

I have Shadows of the Empire on my Steam account. Works with the Xbox controller though some custmation is at hand.

Lol, really?! Khajiit cannot imagine that game has held up well over the years laugh.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 27 2018, 08:50 PM
Post #745

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 27 2018, 01:15 AM) *

Lol, really?! Khajiit cannot imagine that game has held up well over the years laugh.gif

I think it's held up quite well, plays just like the N64 version though it has "movie" cutscenes rather then the ones the N64 had.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 28 2018, 06:05 AM
Post #746

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 27 2018, 01:50 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 27 2018, 01:15 AM) *

I think it's held up quite well, plays just like the N64 version though it has "movie" cutscenes rather then the ones the N64 had.

Well the original wasn’t a great playing game, in Khajiit’s opinion (especially that damn sewer level D:), but it was fun!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Dec 28 2018, 04:15 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 15 2019, 02:28 AM
Post #747

Ancient
Group Icon

Watched Solo on the Netflix last night. Fell asleep somewhere after the train robbery scene towards the beginning. Woke up just in time for the ending. Annoying.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 15 2019, 02:33 AM
Post #748

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow, I thought it was better than that! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 15 2019, 03:36 AM
Post #749

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 14 2019, 07:33 PM) *

Wow, I thought it was better than that! laugh.gif

To be fair, Khajiit woke up Saturday morning at around 5:00am and then didn’t go to sleep till after 12am on Sunday morning before waking back up at 5am to go back to work. So it really wasn’t the flick that put this one to sleep.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 14 2019, 04:01 PM
Post #750

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Apr 12 2019, 01:44 PM) *

Let’s chat about this.
W
T
F
Honestly, Khajiit doesn’t even know what to think about all of this. A new Skywalker, Empy Palps cackling at the end of the trailer, Lando. It just... idk.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 14 2019, 04:03 PM
Post #751

Spam Meister
Group Icon

They must have put a chimp high on sugar as main writer these days rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 14 2019, 04:59 PM
Post #752

Master
Group Icon

I'm going to see Episode 9 just to see how this series of films ends. I'm almost betting Rey is Luke's daughter.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Apr 14 2019, 04:59 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 14 2019, 05:40 PM
Post #753

Ancient
Group Icon

After seeing the new trailer, I got the impression that they are trying to fix all the things Rian Johnson screwed up with the previous film. Kylo gets a new helmet again. We get a new (or old) Dark Lord again, since RJ killed off the other one who was supposed to be the main antagonist throughout the trilogy, etc... And as I have guessed all along, that Ray is Luke's daughter. She even has the old Skywalker ligthtsaber back again.

I really wonder if anyone at Disney/Lucasfilm ever actually saw The Last Jedi before it went to the theaters? The way it contradicts so much of what was set up in Force Awakens, and how this new movie seems intent on putting things back on that original track, make me wonder if RJ pulled a fast one on them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 14 2019, 05:53 PM
Post #754

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I hope the midiclorian count in the blood make a return. You know, the thing they never ever addressed even once in the original movies IPB Image

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 14 2019, 09:03 PM
Post #755

Ancient
Group Icon

I watched the trailer again, and now I think I know what that giant wreckage is at 1:43. It is the lower edge of the Death Star's superlaser dish. And you can see part of the equatorial trench beneath it. That makes me wonder if the world they are on in that scene is either Yavin or Endor. Unless its from a new Death Star?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 15 2019, 12:59 AM
Post #756

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 14 2019, 03:03 PM) *

I watched the trailer again, and now I think I know what that giant wreckage is at 1:43. It is the lower edge of the Death Star's superlaser dish. And you can see part of the equatorial trench beneath it. That makes me wonder if the world they are on in that scene is either Yavin or Endor. Unless its from a new Death Star?

Khajiit wondered that too. Is it possible it’s from the second Death Star and that Empy Palps somehow managed to survive the fall and following destruction of the space station?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 15 2019, 01:41 AM
Post #757

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 14 2019, 05:40 PM) *

After seeing the new trailer, I got the impression that they are trying to fix all the things Rian Johnson screwed up with the previous film. Kylo gets a new helmet again. We get a new (or old) Dark Lord again, since RJ killed off the other one who was supposed to be the main antagonist throughout the trilogy, etc... And as I have guessed all along, that Ray is Luke's daughter. She even has the old Skywalker ligthtsaber back again.

I really wonder if anyone at Disney/Lucasfilm ever actually saw The Last Jedi before it went to the theaters? The way it contradicts so much of what was set up in Force Awakens, and how this new movie seems intent on putting things back on that original track, make me wonder if RJ pulled a fast one on them.

The problem is they allowed the directors to have freedom in the directions their characters take, and backstories. They didn’t have any major things set in stone, such as Snoke’s background, Rey’s parents, etc. Rian has a different vision than JJ. And the former actually said he wouldn’t mind Abrams rewriting Rey’s parentage which just begs the question, shouldn’t have this been more organized in the beginning?

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 15 2019, 12:59 AM) *

Khajiit wondered that too. Is it possible it’s from the second Death Star and that Empy Palps somehow managed to survive the fall and following destruction of the space station?

EU had stories of Palpatine surviving after his death, using his spirit to enter a clone body. In canon Sith can’t wander around in ghostly forms after death like the Jedi do(which by the way is awesome that the Jedi can survive out of selflessness). I think perhaps the Sith can survive and are bound in the place of their death.

There’s a precedent for this in the form of Darth Bane speaking to Yoda, or Momim(an ancient Sith) speaking to Darth Vader through his shattered helmet on Mustafar. Perhaps Sidious’ spirit or essence is haunting the ruins of the Second Death Star.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 15 2019, 01:48 AM
Post #758

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Apr 14 2019, 08:41 PM) *

The problem is they allowed the directors to have freedom in the directions their characters take, and backstories. They didn’t have any major things set in stone, such as Snoke’s background, Rey’s parents, etc. Rian has a different vision than JJ. And the former actually said he wouldn’t mind Abrams rewriting Rey’s parentage which just begs the question, shouldn’t have this been more organized in the beginning?

It seems hard to believe they would be that disorganized. But that appears to be the case. Actual footage from Lucasfilm's planning session

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 15 2019, 12:59 AM) *

EU had stories of Palpatine surviving after his death, using his spirit to enter a clone body. In canon Sith can’t wander around in ghostly forms after death like the Jedi do(which by the way is awesome that the Jedi can survive out of selflessness). I think perhaps the Sith can survive and are bound in the place of their death.

There’s a precedent for this in the form of Darth Bane speaking to Yoda, or Momim(an ancient Sith) speaking to Darth Vader through his shattered helmet on Mustafar. Perhaps Sidious’ spirit or essence is haunting the ruins of the Second Death Star.

That is probably the case. Maybe Palpatine is the wreckage of the second Death Star? Perhaps just waiting for some force sensitive victim to come along so he can possess their body? Kylo Ren perhaps?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 15 2019, 02:15 AM
Post #759

Ancient
Group Icon

In any case, this is supposed to be the last movie of this part of the saga. Why would they bring Empy Palps back if they are only going kill him off at the end of this movie? Either they aren’t and Palps is just going to be like a spirit tempting Rey or instructing Kylo (or trying to possess either of them for his own benefit), or they will bring him back in the flesh at the end and start a new series of movies revolving around his trying to rebuild the Empire.

Also, would a Sith need a force sensitive person to be able possess them? Would the Sith’s spirit be able to tap into the force through its own connection to the force?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 15 2019, 02:25 AM
Post #760

Ancient
Group Icon

I forgot to add. As Al-Hazred wrote in the Necronomicon:
In his house in Mustafar,
Dead Vader waits dreaming.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 14 2019, 09:15 PM) *

In any case, this is supposed to be the last movie of this part of the saga. Why would they bring Empy Palps back if they are only going kill him off at the end of this movie? Either they aren’t and Palps is just going to be like a spirit tempting Rey or instructing Kylo (or trying to possess either of them for his own benefit), or they will bring him back in the flesh at the end and start a new series of movies revolving around his trying to rebuild the Empire.

Also, would a Sith need a force sensitive person to be able possess them? Would the Sith’s spirit be able to tap into the force through its own connection to the force?

They might be planning to use Palpatine as a major big bad for next few serieses of movies. Perhaps retcon things to say he planned it all along.

I am just thinking that a force-user's body would be easier for another force user to possess. Having a strong attunement with the force at both ends. The body does seem to be an important factor. Even midiochlorians aside, they have definitely established that the Force runs strong in certain bloodlines. I would think Palpatine would want a body where it flows strongest - i.e. Skywalker blood. Maybe it ends with Rey killing Kylo, then Palpatine possessing Rey. Becoming Reypatine.

--------------------
+Quote Post

49 Pages V « < 36 37 38 39 40 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:54 AM