213 Pages V « < 172 173 174 175 176 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
monkeyemoness
post Apr 28 2019, 06:30 PM
Post #3461

Mouth
Group Icon

Supposedly every style of the Five Companions will drop from any source, so it'll be the best time to catch up if you missed any. I just hope they reduce the drop of Prophet style pages from crafting. :T

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 29 2019, 03:32 PM
Post #3462

Councilor
Group Icon

I've noticed Büffy and ßuffy online recently. I was surprised to see new incarnations so soon before Necromancer class is introduced. One was a Warden, didn't catch the other. What gives?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 29 2019, 04:16 PM
Post #3463

Paladin
Group Icon

If I had my way, I would name them all Buffy. Since each name must be discrete however, I've used all kinds of variations. Finally, I discovered alt codes and how they allow much more subtle variations of Buffy instead of having to give her a prefix or suffix of some sort. Name changes have resulted in three of them with alt code tiny variations to Buffy and a fairly recent mag warden was created after my discovery. So of the 7 Buffy's, only 3 remain with multiword names.

In summary, we have magplar, magsorc, stamsorc, magwarden, stamwarden, magNB, stamNB. All are ~CP1100 except the young magwarden. She moves among them changing 'classes' as readily as she changes hairstyles or outfits. We've no plans for any more Buffy's at the moment. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 29 2019, 04:48 PM
Post #3464

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 27 2019, 09:35 PM) *

Taking out Personality Idles has revealed why only Floozie was spinning to face the camera in menus. PI stops that, and she was the only character not using one. Now they all annoy me. biggrin.gif

Some redistribute the libraries because they depend on the latest versions. Others are less sensitive, and use the shared ones. I had to leave them in place.

AHA! So that is why some of my characters spin and others don't! I hate that spinning!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 29 2019, 11:16 AM) *

If I had my way, I would name them all Buffy. Since each name must be discrete however, I've used all kinds of variations. Finally, I discovered alt codes and how they allow much more subtle variations of Buffy instead of having to give her a prefix or suffix of some sort. Name changes have resulted in three of them with alt code tiny variations to Buffy and a fairly recent mag warden was created after my discovery. So of the 7 Buffy's, only 3 remain with multiword names.

In summary, we have magplar, magsorc, stamsorc, magwarden, stamwarden, magNB, stamNB. All are ~CP1100 except the young magwarden. She moves among them changing 'classes' as readily as she changes hairstyles or outfits. We've no plans for any more Buffy's at the moment. smile.gif

Bold: Wait, you didn't want to name Acadian Buffy!!! laugh.gif

That sounds Awesome! But can you tell us how you did it in more detail in case any of us would like to do it? What is this "alt code" of which you speak? Lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 29 2019, 05:50 PM
Post #3465

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 29 2019, 11:48 AM) *

What is this "alt code" of which you speak? Lol.

If there's a character you want to type, that's not on your keyboard, then there's a sequence starting with Alt, and using the numeric pad, that you can use instead.

So Vicuña had to be typed with ALT+0241 and Büffy has ALT+0252. They didn't work with Skyrim chargen, but ESO is more forgiving. The "Character Map" utility on Windows will show you the codes.

I'm not sure what the character set permitted actually is. I don't think it includes Greek or Cyrillic characters.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Apr 29 2019, 05:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 29 2019, 07:50 PM
Post #3466

Paladin
Group Icon

Ghastley is right. You can get the codes as he said or easily google them. Once you know the desired code then you:
- activate your numbers lock
- hold down alt key while typing the code using the numbers lock portion of your keyboard
- release the alt key and your symbol will appear.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 29 2019, 09:03 PM
Post #3467

Councilor
Group Icon

Thank you very much for that tip! I will put it to use immediately.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 3 2019, 02:55 AM
Post #3468

Mouth
Group Icon

First day of inventory management hell, and two days worth of writs to sort through. Times like these I wonder why I don't just subscribe. I don't because I feel I don't play enough to justify it (as in I usually don't do much beyond daily crafting writs), but then again that on its own would make a LOT of use of the Crafting Bag.

I dunno. I got a few Tharn pieces and a Sai Sahan one. Maybe I'll get one of the 2 Wolfhunter motifs eventually before the event ends.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 3 2019, 04:12 AM
Post #3469

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 2 2019, 09:55 PM) *

First day of inventory management hell, and two days worth of writs to sort through. Times like these I wonder why I don't just subscribe. I don't because I feel I don't play enough to justify it (as in I usually don't do much beyond daily crafting writs), but then again that on its own would make a LOT of use of the Crafting Bag.

I dunno. I got a few Tharn pieces and a Sai Sahan one. Maybe I'll get one of the 2 Wolfhunter motifs eventually before the event ends.

A friend of mine was in the same boat as you are = work keeps him too busy to spend much time on to make it worth the Plus membership even with the annual or semi-annual discounts. What he ended up doing was buying extra memberships during these sales when the base game is under 20 dollars; then creating Guilds with the extra members and filling them up with his own 10 accounts to get the Guild Banks. That gave him 500 extra slots per each Guild Bank (plus his character's personal bank) and he never had to pay again after he bought the accounts.

Of course, that doesn't help him when it comes to furnishing his houses; when he only has half the inventory allowance compared to how many the Plus memberships get. And he can only hoard 100 Transmute stones instead of 200. (and doesn't get the extra XP boost). Not to mention he is juggling like 10 accounts to get all that slottage, laugh.gif

But that said, it was a pretty slick idea. (and actually, I think he split the 10 accounts with his wife so they each only handle 5 accounts).

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 6 2019, 03:20 PM
Post #3470

Councilor
Group Icon

PTS had reset when I went over for an Elsweyr run, so I created Vicuña to make sure I could use the name. A similar name with "ga" in it doesn't get past the censor. tongue.gif

Of course I made her a necromancer to see what the class lines did, and started her off in the tutorial, rather than use a template character. They've improved the tutorial, so that it actually tells you how to fight, block, interrupt etc. But then you're dumped into a zone where there aren't many resource nodes, so equipping yourself is reliant on drops. I haven't yet checked if you can certify in crafting there, but she could deconstruct the unwanted drops anyway. Still didn't get enough back to make anything. Killed mostly Alits and skeletons, and so haven't got any leather scraps.

I probably won't have much time to play her further, as the evening sessions during the work week will get used up by the crafting/undaunted rounds for the event content. We nearly have all the style pages, but the extra motif chapters and furnishing plans are a draw, too. And doing all the writs is giving us more sealed writs to do. We're close to another table for the guildhall.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 9 2019, 09:47 PM
Post #3471

Mouth
Group Icon

Crafting Hell's over, Time To Cosplay

Technically, Cadwell is the one Jo'zira should cosplay but he wasn't one of the 5 and only his pot hat is unique.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 9 2019, 10:06 PM
Post #3472

Councilor
Group Icon

Nobody wanted to be Abnur? biggrin.gif

And was anyone else disappointed that the Lyris outfit doesn't make you taller?

This post has been edited by ghastley: May 9 2019, 10:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 9 2019, 10:18 PM
Post #3473

Paladin
Group Icon

Yes! Buffy was very disappointed when she tried on her Lyris outfit and still only came up to an Altmer's waist! wink.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 9 2019, 11:42 PM
Post #3474

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm mostly disappointed you couldn't get Sai's beard or head thingie

But I guess you gotta keep them unique

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 10 2019, 02:07 AM
Post #3475

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 9 2019, 04:47 PM) *

Crafting Hell's over, Time To Cosplay

Technically, Cadwell is the one Jo'zira should cosplay but he wasn't one of the 5 and only his pot hat is unique.

OMG, is that Jo'zira? That must be a disguise then! laugh.gif

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 9 2019, 05:06 PM) *

Nobody wanted to be Abnur? biggrin.gif

And was anyone else disappointed that the Lyris outfit doesn't make you taller?

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 9 2019, 05:18 PM) *

Yes! Buffy was very disappointed when she tried on her Lyris outfit and still only came up to an Altmer's waist! wink.gif

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 10 2019, 02:02 PM
Post #3476

Councilor
Group Icon

I went back to continue playing Vicuña on the PTS, and discovered that they'd reset again, so started her over.

She's now at level 12, and building up bow and 2H skills along with some necro ones, especially taking those passives as soon as they're available. I want to find out how the class performs using skills I already know, so it's easier to compare. We did crafting certification, but haven't enough materials to start doing writs. I was surprised not to be able to certify in Jewel Crafting in Elsweyr, but that is consistent with Summerset not adding in in base game areas. We did a trip to Alinor to get that, and came back.

That, of course, lets me know how quickly I can do the same if and when JC gets added to the base game.

This post has been edited by ghastley: May 10 2019, 02:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 10 2019, 02:17 PM
Post #3477

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 10 2019, 09:02 AM) *

I went back to continue playing Vicuña on the PTS, and discovered that they'd reset again, so started her over.

She's now at level 12, and building up bow and 2H skills along with some necro ones, especially taking those passives as soon as they're available. I want to find out how the class performs using skills I already know, so it's easier to compare. We did crafting certification, but haven't enough materials to start doing writs. I was surprised not to be able to certify in Jewel Crafting in Elsweyr, but that is consistent with Summerset not adding in in base game areas. We did a trip to Alinor to get that, and came back.

That, of course, lets me know how quickly I can do the same if and when JC gets added to the base game.

I had the same thing = reset the necromancer template I'd made, so I had to make another. The first one I made was melting enemies left and right; and I built this one the same but it wasn't doing as well. I think they toned them down this week's patch (toned down from last week) just like they did with the Wardens just before they launched.

Have you noticed that the "Hide Helmet" feature is not working for some reason on the PTS since Elsweyr was patched in? I've put in two bug reports on it.

Also, I haven't tried any of the illegal necro skills yet; have you? What race and combat styles did you find worked best with them? I've only tried Magicka based High Elf mage so far. (both times).

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 10 2019, 03:24 PM
Post #3478

Councilor
Group Icon

Vicuña has her helmet hidden, but I can't remember where I did that. Probably in collections, but I'm unsure. It may be back like it original was when they added outfits: works one way, but not another.

Same as you with the illegal necro stuff. She really hasn't been around enough to try that yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 10 2019, 03:33 PM
Post #3479

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 10 2019, 10:24 AM) *

Vicuña has her helmet hidden, but I can't remember where I did that. Probably in collections, but I'm unsure. It may be back like it original was when they added outfits: works one way, but not another.

Same as you with the illegal necro stuff. She really hasn't been around enough to try that yet.

That is where I found the "Hide Helmet" feature; but it didn't work any time I tried it on the PTS the past two weeks. (it was working before then when I got on the PTS).

Both of my characters on there the past two weeks has been walking around with the head of an alligator (Slimecraw). Yesterday I broke down and put her in an outfit just so I could stand looking at her head; but she still had to wear a hat and had no hair due to the hat. So I'm just really hoping that Elsweyr isn't going to break the "Hide Helmet" function.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 10 2019, 03:47 PM
Post #3480

Councilor
Group Icon

The positive aspect is that it may mean they're trying to enable the generic "hide slot" feature for outfits at last. Since helmet is the odd man out, it figures that it would cause issues.

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 172 173 174 175 176 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:57 AM