10 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Elves in Sovngarde Book Two, NEIS continued
mALX
post Jun 9 2013, 05:38 AM
Post #81

Ancient
Group Icon

I read that about Jarl Balgruuf and had to race to the WIKI to see if that was part of your story or real - and ended up finding the "Whispering Door" quests - looks like the children were the ones drinking the blood at the table, lol.

Holy Cow what a chapter! Especially at the end when she is introspecting herself right up to that last line - HUGE HUGE Write !!! Awesome Chapter!!!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 10 2013, 04:59 AM
Post #82

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, I didn’t envy Erik when he had to tell Lydia. Their conversation was kind of ironic though, knowing what we do about Kayla’s activities.

Funny, I had to google Sorex, and that turns out to be the name of a shrew. Appropriate for someone that worked at the Winking Skeever.

Kayla’s living in a cave for months, feeling defeated. I do wonder what the end of her story will be. It’s so human of her to wonder if she’s the ‘bad guy’ now when she’s doing exactly the things she used to oppose.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 13 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #83

Ancient
Group Icon

So sorry for any lack of acknowledgement for my readers! I've been pretty frantic lately. I hope you enjoy this...slightly awkward chapter.

---------------

"See anything yet, Victus?"

"No." Came the answer in the same hushed tone. "I think-"

A wolf howl split the air of the cave, and the two froze, the clanking of their steel Legion armor halting abruptly. When another howl pierced the frozen air, Victus turned to his partner, a knowing look on his face. He signaled Tyroni forward, and the two advanced, shields up, swords ready. They advanced into the cave, something was was supposed to be their camp during a long hike to Solitude.

They were not ready for the command spells that hit them straight in the faces. Nor for the little girl with ashen skin , white-blonde hair, and red eyes appraising them hungrily. She was dressed in dark clothing, something that used to be fine, but was so worn and dirtied it might as well have been a burlap sack washed in mud. As she approached, they were hit with a horrible stench of decay, but unable to gag.

She said something lightly in Nordic, her red gaze traveling behind her. A High Elf woman with long, waist-length auburn hair, peeked out from behind the rocks. When she dipped a once-golden foot, noticeably bare to Victus, unregarded to Tyroni, two reddish-brown wolves lumbered out.

Neither Victus nor Tyroni spoke Nordic, both of them assured that they wouldn't need to speak to the Stormcloaks to kill them, so the conversation went over her head. The little girl, Victus pinned her as Imperial, gestured towards the men, still standing casually at the end of the cave hall. The Altmer shot them a hungry look, her eyes giving them each a once-over before looking at the girl. Victus figured her to be around the age of ten. Tyroni continued to stare at the High Elf.

Finally, the Imperial girl spoke to them, her voice without any shred of an accent of the province they were in.

"Take off your armor, and leave your underclothes on. We have warm clothes for you. You won't need your armor."

The two complied as the Altmer woman grabbed clothing from a knee-high pile on the floor. The little blonde girl stared at Victus, a hungry look in her red eyes. When the Altmer woman found clothes to her satisfaction, she set them down at a close distance, but not within grabbing reach, of the two men. She averted her eyes, looking at the two wolves lying languidly on the floor near the girl's feet.

The girl sighed. "Put the clothes on." They obeyed, and as they dressed themselves, she continued to speak. "You'll be warm, and we'll try our best to not kill you. Or at least, I will." She shot a look at the High Elf woman, who gave her a confused look. She asked a question in Nordic, but the girl shook her head and gave a dismissive reply. The High Elf woman looked at them both with hungry eyes, her pale lips slightly parted to show the slightest glint of sharp ivory.

Then it dawned on the men what was happening. Victus' eyes widened as his confusion made way for fear. Not just any fear, the type of fear that wormed its way from your stomach and into your limbs. The type that seizes your mind and turns it to a gibbering pile of mush. The feeling intensified as the girl commanded him to kneel, and the High elf woman stepped towards Tyroni.

Soft flesh yielded way for razor sharp pain, and Victus' cries were muffled by the command spell. He fought against the spell with all of his might, but he had no skill against magick. When the girl pulled away momentarily, her face was fuller, her eyes blue, and her skin more flush. She said something in Nordic to the High Elf and promptly healed Victus' wound.

The elf took her cue, watching curiously. The smaller girl seemed to be giving the older woman instructions, as the woman nodded and lit a healing spell between her fingers. She lowered her mouth to the other man's neck, and Victus could see the fear in his brother's eyes. Tyroni's eyes clenched when the woman's fangs pierced his skin. There was a sudden change in her demeanor. She closed her eyes and wrapped Tyroni in what was an almost loving embrace as she drank. She stroked his hair with one hand as the other pulled Tyroni closer to her body, making the bite more...intimate.

Indignation rose in Victus' throat while something else rose from Tyroni. The elf's eyes popped open and her red-lipped mouth was open in surprise as she looked down. Victus could have sworn she blushed.

The Imperial girl blinked and opened her mouth to ask the elf a question, but the Altmer woman had already begun shooing her away. She spoke to the men in halting Cyrodiilic.

"Shame!"

She ushered the girl away, who protested in the harsh language of the Nords.. The Altmer woman's admonishments had the girl scampering away. The elf turned towards them again, her face twisted in anger.

"Innocent! Girl is innocent!" She shook her finger at Tyroni. "I eat you, not pleasure! Shame!"

The only thing Victus could manage to think through his terror was the nerve of some haughty elves. The woman was living in filth with two wolves, piles of clothes at the foot of her bed, sucking on some strange man's neck and she got angry with Tyroni for liking it?

Granted, he couldn't see the attraction in having some elven wench suck the life out of you, but Victus knew Tyroni would find the woman attractive. And had they not surprised them, Victus knew that Tyroni would have convinced the woman, either through charm or more forceful means, to bed him. Either way, the woman looked like she could use a good roll in the hay. And a bath. But Tyroni wasn't too picky. Victus had turned his head when Tyroni had his way with a Forsworn wench, who was more than willing to pleasure Tyroni in exchange for her life.

The elf sighed and put her face in her hands, an oddly human gesture for something that was just moments ago, trying to drain Victus' brother. She turned around, her bare feet softly padding on the stone floor, as she walked away.

Out of the corner of his eye, Victus saw Tyroni stretch his arms. His hand went up to the wound in his neck, an incredulous look on his face. Victus' limbs began to loosen, and he too stretched. The vampire woman stiffened as she heard their movement, but Tyroni was already on her. He pressed her face to the wall and held her hands to her sides. She screamed and snarled, her eyes red and wide with fear.

"Get the girl!" Tyroni yelled.

Victus grabbed his sword and ran for the small blonde.

This post has been edited by Elisabeth Hollow: Jun 23 2013, 09:41 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jun 13 2013, 08:41 PM
Post #84

Ancient
Group Icon

Indignation rose in Victus' throat while something else rose from Tyroni. The elf's eyes popped open and her red-lipped mouth was open in surprise as she looked down. Victus could have sworn she blushed.

rollinglaugh.gif

And Kayla's reaction

"Shame!"

She ushered the girl away, who protested in the harsh language of the Nords.. The Altmer woman's admonishments had the girl scampering away. The elf turned towards them again, her face twisted in anger.

"Innocent! Girl is innocent!" She shook her finger at Tyroni. "I eat you, not pleasure! Shame!"

Lol. I love it how she got pissed, lol. It's nice to know he doesn't play with her food though XD

Oh no! Fight back! Run! panic.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠ï¸
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 15 2013, 12:21 PM
Post #85

Paladin
Group Icon

Dinner gone awry! This was effective in that it continues to show the passage of time and how Kayla has been slowly adjusting to undead life (?) as a vampire at the tutelage of her young companion. And we see that the wolves are now grown.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 17 2013, 06:57 AM
Post #86

Ancient
Group Icon

What a scene! This was riveting from beginning to end, and ends on a cliffhanger! Awesome Write !!! Loved this chapter!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 19 2013, 04:45 AM
Post #87

Master
Group Icon

Interesting use of the Command spell. Overlooked, and brilliant when used.

Whaaaaat? rollinglaugh.gif I’m still wondering if these two are going to live. She’s fine with killing people in front of her, but one of the men gets excited and she’s got to leave!? laugh.gif

Now there’s a twist. Good chapter from a different perspective.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 23 2013, 04:14 PM
Post #88

Councilor
Group Icon

Interesting to get the prey’s view of Kayla’s den. She’s definitely struggling between mortal and vampire priorities.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 23 2013, 09:35 PM
Post #89

Master
Group Icon

Time sure flies. It makes me wonder if the problem isn't so much 'stop Asta before she assembles her army' as it is 'stop Asta's army'. Unless the formidable trio or duo have really been making a killing.

And just when I was going to see the legionnaires as poor victims, you had to mention a rape-tendency. Ah well, it means I can keep rooting for the awkward vampiregirls and their cute ex-puppies.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 25 2013, 09:15 PM
Post #90

Ancient
Group Icon

So my updates are becoming less and less far apart, but till not as regular as they used to be. That's due to the influx of my workload, then suddenly losing my job.

Tis good, though. I needed the break. And the sleep. I slept a LOT, hahahaha!

Anyways! Thank you for your comments, patience, and of course, continuing to read.

@Acadian: Yeah, I'm sort of playing catch-up with Kayla's side of the story. Erik and Mjoll are caught up, I'm just showing Kayla's journey on her wait to their "present."

@KC: I LOVE the Command spells. Just adore them. There are others I'd like to delve into, but can't with Kayla, since she isn't too much into magick. Maybe with another character...hmmmm... wink.gif

@Grits: Definitely struggling. Shes trying to hang onto what she views as a sliver of humanity while battling with her thirst. Part of her wants to accept what she is and embrace her new identity, but the other part, the Kayla part of her, isn't going to accept it and will continue to fight it.

@jack cloudy: There are some good and decent Legionnaire soldiers in Skyrim. They just didn't stop by Kayla and Emelia's cave, lol!

As for the passage of time, like I mentioned, I'm just playing catch-up with Kayla and Emelia. Soon they'll be on the same page as Erik and Mjoll.

What happened before: Mjoll saw the spirit of Onmund behind his and Kayla's old home.

Mjoll threw open the door to the Bannered Mare, breathing raggedly. Mst of the patrons jumped, startled, but turned back to their drink and conversations. Erik stood up and met her halfway across the room.

"Mjoll, what happened?" He asked.

"I saw a spirit," she said, gripping Erik's arm. Lydia came up beside him, trailed by Sorex.

"Thats Onmund."

Erik's brow furrowed. "Kayla's husband?"

"Yeah, as in, the one that her sister tore apart. He started showing up and doing that about a year ago. The priests are stumped by it. They say he's just an echo, not an actual ghost, so there's nothing that can be done."

"An echo?" Mjoll repeated. "That explains why he didn't attack when I came close. He just sort of...disappeared, and wafted away."

"He'll do that. Some of the local kids even have contests...well, they DID have contests...on who could get the closest before he disappeared. But with the curfew and the recent murders, no kids are allowed out after dusk."

"Who lives at that house?" Erik asked. 'An echo?'

"We do," Lydia said. "When I came back, I bought the house from the city. Apparently the person Kayla had sold it to didn't like an apparition flickering in and out of sight at night. So I bought it, really cheap, and ignore him." She grinned. "I'm not superstitious."

Lydia continued. "Anyways, you two should relax tonight. Have a few drinks, maybe rent the same room to avoid spending too much."

Erik shot her a sharp look, and she grinned. "Hey, just looking out for my second-favorite redhead." She pinched his cheeks and laughed when he swatted her away. Erik didn't miss the look of sadness that flitted across her expression momentarily.

"We should go. The smell of piss and vomit makes me nauseas. Bye, you two! Come see me before you leave." Mjoll waved goodbye as the couple sauntered out the door, their arms linked. She turned to Erik when the door closed.

"What are we going to do about a third member?" she asked as they slid into their seats at the table. Erik shook his head, his green eyes crinkled with worry.

"I don't know, Mjoll. I really don't know. If Uthgerd doesn't straighten up, then nothing."

Mjoll sat straight up. "Wait a moment. I think..." She grinned, her face illuminating beautifully.

'She's lovely.' Erik thought.

"There is a wizard in Riften. Marcurio. He has been hired by several adventurers who say he is wonderful when in battle. Maybe that's the edge we need, Erik. Fight magick with magick."

Erik pursed his lips, then shook his head. "I don't like magick."

"Neither do I, but Erik, think about it. If we have a mage on our side, he can sense any magickal traps we come across. Remember that one trap? The shock one on the ground that none of us could sense because we don't use magick? The one that nearly killed me? We were stuck in that cave for days, waiting for me to recover. We can't do that again."

Erik thought for a moment, swishing his mead around in the silver tankard. "Let me think about it." He took a large gulp of his mead as Mjoll drank her wine down.

"I don't blame you." She said. "Wizards are unpredictable and difficult to deal with. But if we pay the man, he should comply."

"Payment only goes so far." Erik ordered another drink, and Mjoll did the same. "You can pay a man five hundred septims to accompany you, but can't force him to stay once things get out of hand."

"That is true." Mjoll admitted. "But from what I've heard, this man doesn't back down."

"Then why is he in some tavern in Riften, begging for mercenary work?" Erik asked before downing his beer. Mjoll sipped her wine thoughtfully.

"I've heard he's a bit over-zealous when it comes to his spells." she said. "And a bit of a know-it-all..."

Erik groaned. "I HATE know-it-alls. He's out, then."

"Erik, he might be just what we need. We need to be offensive...or...what's the word?"

"Mjoll..."

"No, no, I know what it is..."

Erik gulped the rest of his beer down and waited for Mjoll to remember the word. When he realized she couldn't, both of them already had several drinks on them. He decided to switch topics at that point.

"So, how's Aerin? Gotten any letters from him?"

"No, oddly enough. I think the courier is having difficulty finding me. No matter."

"What's wrong?"

"He...seems to have feelings for me that I do not return. I explained this to him in my last letter, and...I expect he stopped sending me letters. But like I said, it doesn't matter. He's in Riften, and I'm here."

Mjoll couldn't interpret the look Erik was giving her. It looked like a mixture of disappointment and relief to her, but she could be wrong. She hadn't told him he was the reason she resisted Aerin's advances this past year.

But that did not matter. Erik didn't return her feelings, like she didn't return Aerin's. Everything came full circle for her. She suddenly drank the rest of her wine and stood up, startling a drunken Erik.

"Whoa, you going somewhere?" He asked.

"I'm going to bed. You should too, we...probably shouldn't have gotten so drunk."

Erik grinned at her and she laughed and pulled him up. The Nords were sharing a room, but decided against sharing a bed. They each looked at the bed, then each other.

"You take the bed." Erik said. "I'll sleep on the chair."

"No, I took the bed the last inn. You take it."

Mjoll looked at Erik, a slight smile on her lips. Erik raised his brow.

"You have this weird loo-"

Mjoll shoved him onto the bed, causing him to yelp in surprise. She laughed and uncharacteristically pointed her finger at him, which he promptly growled and grabbed, pulling her down next to him. Erik could almost see Lydia's brow raising, with that grin of hers spreading as Mjoll erupted into yet another uncharacteristic peal of laughter as she grabbed his head in a headlock and gave him a noogie.

Erik flailed for a moment and pretended to pass out. Mjoll laughed and let go, then shrieked as Erik suddenly pushed her off the bed with his feet. Both of them held their stomachs as they laughed, letting out a year's worth of tension, with Erik on his back on the bed, and Mjoll on her side on the floor. Mjoll stood up and shakily went to the washroom, still laughing.

When she came back, Erik was out of his armor and under the bed covers, half asleep. She had taken off her own armor in the washroom and slipped in next to him without thinking. Their bodies molded to each other for warmth as they fell asleep.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jun 25 2013, 09:23 PM
Post #91

Ancient
Group Icon

So Onmund's "ghost" is pretty much just stuck in that one part of his life, eh? Cursed to relive that scene over and over again for the rest of eternity? Poor dude kvleft.gif

So, Erik's got a new love intrest, eh? Finally getting over Kayla's "death"? Good for him happy.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠ï¸
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 25 2013, 11:04 PM
Post #92

Ancient
Group Icon

I'll bet Mjoll wakes Erik up with a surprise, ROFL !!

I liked the idea of the "Echo" - and that Lydia didn't care about it, just ignored it. Very interesting development with that!

Was there a bit of head-hopping between Erik and Mjoll? I may have been reading that wrong, but it seemed like we were getting into both their heads there.

I got a laugh out of Mjoll saying she wasn't interested in Aerin - YouTube tells a different story on that for anyone that has ever married her, lol.

The possible introduction of Marcurio is very interesting too, and Mjoll described him well from all I've heard of his character!

Awesome update!

PS - GAAAAAH! I get no comment thanks? What am I, chopped liver? ROFL !!! (Just kidding).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 25 2013, 11:14 PM
Post #93

Ancient
Group Icon

I did skip you, didn't I?!!

MALX YOU'RE TOO AMAZING FOR WORDS!! LOOOOOOOOVES! <3

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 25 2013, 11:27 PM
Post #94

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jun 25 2013, 06:14 PM) *

I did skip you, didn't I?!!

MALX YOU'RE TOO AMAZING FOR WORDS!! LOOOOOOOOVES! <3

Lol, "Aaah, that feels better!" ROFL!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 26 2013, 12:41 AM
Post #95

Master
Group Icon

Hey if you are bringing a wizard into this, you should get J'Zargo! laugh.gif

The ending was nice. Funny that they both think the other doesn't like them that way. I wonder how often that's the case though?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 27 2013, 06:57 PM
Post #96

Paladin
Group Icon

Ah, so the ghost is/was Onmund. Like mALX, I like your use of ‘echo’ to describe the phenomenon. Lydia hasn't changed: She was not impressed by Onmund in life - or after.

Recruiting a mage into their team is a great idea! Every band of adventurers should have one. After all, nothin' says lovin' like a fireball from the oven! tongue.gif

A little mead, some wine, noogies on the head and crawling into the same bed to keep warm. . . a fun and cute scene.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jun 28 2013, 04:30 AM
Post #97

Councilor
Group Icon

Brilliant stuff...Loved the scene with the Imperials in the cave...The language thing gets me in the stories...I never once thought about all that...*Applauds*...

Gonna be nice to read her tearing them to pieces... biggrin.gif ...

And then the scene in the inn was brilliant...Still loving the echo thing...The Erik/Mjoll thing was cool...Takes me back to a Travelodge just outside Glasgow in March '94... biggrin.gif ...Awwww...Those were the days... tongue.gif ...

Aaaamywho...

Brilliant writing, as ever...

Really looking forward to more...

Nice one!!...

*Applauds heartily*...
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 30 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #98

Master
Group Icon

Oh dear, will Erik ever join the bed with a woman when they aren't dead-drunk? Two to one says they'll try to brush it off as a mistake the following morning. tongue.gif

And J'Zargo is a fun little kitten, but he seems to be lacking in firepower.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jul 27 2013, 11:07 PM
Post #99

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow, been really busy! so sorry for the delay!!!!

Where we last left Kayla: The command spell had worn off and Tyroni and Victus attacked Kayla.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I let out a pained cry as the cave wall bit into my face, pebbles and bits falling from where the Imperial man crushed my body. He yelled something in Cyrodiilic in my ear, but not to me. When I tried to wriggle free, desperately calling for Emelia, he pushed more of his body weight against me. I felt him poke just under my rear, his breathing ragged. He outweighed me by a lot, as I had been starving for almost a year now, only occasionally feeding. I was gaunt and weak. He wasn't.

My breath came in gasps as I felt him shift his weight to allow himself to pin my arms behind me. 'I can't do this, gods, please, don't let this happen!' I begged silently. He tried to spread my legs apart with his knee and slackened his grip, allowing me to slip one hand out. I desperately tried to elbow him in the nose, but he was too short for me to reach, and I was in no position to stretch.

The man yelled for help from his companion as my arm flailed about, trying desperately to injure him. He screamed in pain when I caught a handful of his hair and yanked. He instinctively pulled against the force of my yank, causing him to release the weight from my upper body. That was all I needed.

I twisted my body to face him and sank my fangs into his neck. I closed my eyes as the blood sprang into my mouth, then opened them again as I became suddenly aware the he was trying to reach his sword to my left. I kneed his groin after pulling away, then pinned him to the wall.

"You don't like it when others take advantage of you, do you? How do you like being pinned?"

The look on the man's face was sheer, uncomprehending terror as he struggled to understand my words. His breath came in short, ragged gasps and he began to grasp what was about to happen to him. I leaned in to drink the blood pulsating from his neck when I heard a firm, small voice.

"Kayla."

I looked over and saw Emelia standing beside the Imperial man who had chased her. He stood stock-still, is eyes glazed over with the effects of the command spell.

"He tried to rape me, Emelia."

"I know. But why not practice on an awful man like him, instead of the decent folk in a town?"

My throat tightened with the desire to quench my thirst.

"Just a little at a time, Kayla. Just enough to make you look normal."

I took a gulp of breath and healed the wound on the man's neck. I threw him onto the cave floor as the wolves came back into the cave.

"Mangy bastards! Why weren't you here ten minutes ago?!" I yelled. Sai cringed and slunk towards Emelia while Mirriam cocked her head at me. She ignored me when I bared my fangs at her when she nuzzled my hand. I reluctantly petted her.

"Fine. Sorry." I said, the irritation still evident in my voice. Emelia soothed Sai as the man tried to get up. I put a bare foot on his throat, causing a startled yelp from him.

"Stay." I hissed in Cyrodiliic. He nodded, his face pale with fear. I sneered at his lower lip trembling and walked to my bed.

"I'm taking a nap. Can you handle these two?"

"No problem."

I laid down, throwing myself down with more force than I intended and hitting my shoulders. I clenched my teeth and let out an angry grunt. Miriam wormed her way under my arms and let out a sigh, her warm breath puffing straight into my face. I sighed.

"I'm sorry." I murmured to her nose. The icy cold tip of her nose nuzzled the spot under my chin and I smiled, petting her head and rubbing her ears. "I know I'm cruel sometimes, but it's the thirst talking." I whispered to her. "You know I like you. Sometimes."

Mirriam sneezed in my face and I pushed her away, screeching.

"UGH!"

Emelia cracked up.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Weeks went by with Emelia coaching me on controlling my thirst. Suddenly I was very aware of why vampires kept thralls in their presence. The two Imperial men's constant presence didn't dull the thirst, but allowed me to keep my desires in check when we scouted a nearby village for food for them. I passed up several dozens of opportunities to drain someone dry, but instead gritted my teeth and walked by with a clenched smile on my face.

The only time I lost my control was when someone tried to pickpocket me. Emelia didn't blame me for that one. Much.

We were able to get basic supplies as well, needed to grooming and dressing. My hair had grown to my waist, and I was able to cut it to its original length and shampoo it at an inn in the village. Emelia charmed her way into the home of a couple for a few days, much to the annoyance of Sai, and had them buy her new clothing and footwear. I used what I needed and left without harming anyone.

"I've been thinking," I said to Emelia on evening.

She looked up from her bed. "What?"

"I think we should head to Riften. I've got my thirst under control now, and we need news about Asta."

"We could go into any major city and do that."

"Yeah, but there's someone there I need to talk to."

Niruin.

The bastard that betrayed me at his advantage. My life, my mortality, cost him a few bags of gold and a broken nose. I'd been plotting on ways of getting him back, things I would ask him.

"Why" was out of the question. I knew why. Money. That was the language of thieves, and all they ever knew. No morals, no goals or aspirations to make the world a better place, just money. They didn't care whose money, where it came from, as long as it wasn't taken from them.

Emelia had brought me close to Ivarstead. She confessed she was trrying to take me to The Pale, but my random bouts of thirst-induced insanity made me a difficult traveling companion. Once we agreed to head to Rifte, we were produced with a dillema.

"What are we going to do with the men?" I asked.

Emelia shrugged. "Keep them?"

I laughed. "What? And do what with them?"

"Well, they're thralls. They obey only us. They won't betray us, or talk or act unless we tell them to."

"That's the problem. Don't you think people will think it's weird when we're whispering commands at them?"

Emelia thought for a moment. "Yeah. Should we make them stay here?"

"No. I've seen thralls act out normal lives during the day. Let's have them do that. Act normal, I mean."

Emelia turned to the men. "Act normal!" she said in Cyrodiliic.

"No, Emelia, you can't just say that."

The men groaned and stretched, then blinked at us, their eyes still holding the glazed look. One sat on the ground after grabbing one of my books, and the other began scratching Sai's ears. I gawked, my mouth agape and eyes wide.

"I guess you can just say that." I walked over to the taller one. "You jump." I said in Cyrodiliic. He jumped once, a confused look on his face.

"Now, jump again, and use the book as a hat." I said in Nordic. He obliged. I let out a squeal of surprise.

"Oh my gods! Emelia, I don't have to speak the language of the victim! This is great! Stop jumping."

The man stopped jumping, and I took the book off of his head and handed it to him. He took it and stared up at me, an unreadable look in his eyes. I blew out a puff of breath and bit my lower lip.

"We should head to Ivarstead and gather supplies tonight. Enough food for them, and some septims for when we get to Riften. I don't know about you, but I can't charm a thief into giving their gold over."

"Are we staying inside the city walls?"

"Yeah. I don't know about you, but I'm sick of caves."

"Me too." The man next to me said. I shrieked, jumping into the air. Emelia laughed, doubling over.

"Your face-"

"Come here!" Emelia giggled as we bolted through the cave. She shrieked when I caught her, and flailed when I tickled her. The men watch with disinterested faces as I merciliessly tickled Emelia, the wolves bouncing playfully around us before turning on each other and play fighting.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jul 27 2013, 11:16 PM
Post #100

Ancient
Group Icon

I see Kayla and Emelia are having fun with thier new thralls rollinglaugh.gif

So Niruin is gonna get Whats coming to him, huh? I hope Kayla gives the bastard a good bop in the mouth tongue.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠ï¸
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:21 AM