Reply to this topicStart new topic
> That Mod Looks Interesting, Trying To Keep Up With New Mods
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 30 2021, 05:41 PM
Post #321

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 30 2021, 10:41 AM) *

Well glad you got it figured now. I was wondering what Vortex is supposed to be...

Vortex is Nexus’ mod manager. It used to be called Nexus Mod Manager.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 30 2021, 09:43 PM
Post #322

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 30 2021, 12:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 30 2021, 10:41 AM) *

Well glad you got it figured now. I was wondering what Vortex is supposed to be...

Vortex is Nexus’ mod manager. It used to be called Nexus Mod Manager.

Vortex is a great name for a superhero/villain.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 30 2021, 10:10 PM
Post #323

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 30 2021, 04:43 PM) *

Vortex is a great name for a superher/villain.

Yes. I think Vortex would be a better name for a superhero than Nexus Mod Manager. rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post May 1 2021, 01:11 AM
Post #324

Mouth
Group Icon

Vortex makes me think of something that sucks you down into the great void from which you can never get out.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 1 2021, 01:20 AM
Post #325

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Apr 30 2021, 07:11 PM) *

Vortex makes me think of something that sucks you down into the great void from which you can never get out.

That’s not far off, lol
To me, modding in general is a bit of a vortex. I spend so much time testing mods for a game that I can’t really get into an actual playthrough before my interest shifts to another game. Round and round I go. Curse this ADD!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Infa Red
post May 28 2021, 08:52 PM
Post #326

Retainer

Organic Factions

I like this one a lot. It added a much needed dynamic to Factions. I felt like the fact they only progressed/changed when I made them do so/joined and participated was very unrealistic and immersion breaking.

This mod opens them up to feel much more organic and alive.

--------------------
What's a matter? Can't stand the site of a strong Nord woman?
No, it's that I can't stand the smell of a strong Nord woman!
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post May 29 2021, 01:32 AM
Post #327

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 30 2021, 05:20 PM) *

I spend so much time testing mods for a game that I can’t really get into an actual playthrough

No, no, you've got it backwards. Modding IS the game! There is some kind of rumor going around that making a character and doing quests is "playing the game", but those of us who open Bethesda's editors before we even start our first character know that this is not the case. We know the real truth: we know that Construction Sets and Creation Kits are the only true games Bethesda has ever released. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
macole
post May 29 2021, 01:38 AM
Post #328

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ May 28 2021, 07:32 PM) *

... Modding IS the game! There is some kind of rumor going around that making a character and doing quests is "playing the game", but those of us who open Bethesda's editors before we even start our first character know that this is not the case. We know the real truth: we know that Construction Sets and Creation Kits are the only true games Bethesda has ever released. biggrin.gif

Quoted for truth.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post May 29 2021, 11:24 AM
Post #329

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ May 29 2021, 01:32 AM) *

Modding IS the game! There is some kind of rumor going around that making a character and doing quests is "playing the game", but those of us who open Bethesda's editors before we even start our first character know that this is not the case. We know the real truth: we know that Construction Sets and Creation Kits are the only true games Bethesda has ever released. biggrin.gif

Modern dollhouses is what my better half calls it when I start rearranging yet another interior. biggrin.gif I do like to play with it inside the game afterwards though. smile.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 15 2021, 02:20 PM
Post #330

Ancient
Group Icon

Does anyone here play with a “class” mod? I’m thinking about getting one.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 15 2021, 04:24 PM
Post #331

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 15 2021, 09:20 AM) *

Hmm, let me think.

I do have Character Creation Overhaul. I don't remember exactly how it sets classes up, but it does include Classes, Starsigns, more comprehensive racial stats, and so on.

There is also Third Era Attributes, which a few of us got excited about a few years back, but it's really buggy. Don't use that. nono.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 15 2021, 05:00 PM
Post #332

Councilor
Group Icon

It’s not really worth having a mod for it. A class is typically a set of restrictions, whether they are “this class can’t …” or “only this class can …”, so you can just limit your character without a mod doing it.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Sep 15 2021, 05:20 PM
Post #333

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeah, I was disappointed with such mods available for PS4 (which is where I play Skyrim), so I made my own, just for my character. It's a lot of work to make a generic one!

It's more than just restrictions though - I tried to replicate Oblivion mechanics with some skills increasing quicker than others, depending on your class - major skills, minor skills, attributes, that sort of thing. It worked out quite well, but I only did it for the one class I was interested in - a battlemage/assassin cross. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Lena Wolf: Sep 15 2021, 05:24 PM

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 15 2021, 10:41 PM
Post #334

Councilor
Group Icon

I don't really see classes as restrictions, I see them more as definitions. I like defining who and what my character is, right out of the box. Skyrim just doesn't give me enough, up front. smile.gif The perk system is great for defining who our characters are to become, but I want to see more background. Some characters start off stronger, others smarter, others more crafty, and so on.

Edit: Now if we're talking about the way TES 1: Arena structures classes (for instance, a Warrior cannot cast any spells for instance), or the way Elder Scrolls Online or World of Warcraft approach this, then I agree classes can be very limiting. But the way Beth's earlier single player games allow us fixed classes, or (my favorite) making our own class is what I am talking about.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 15 2021, 10:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 15 2021, 11:15 PM
Post #335

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 15 2021, 10:24 AM) *

Hmm, let me think.

I do have Character Creation Overhaul. I don't remember exactly how it sets classes up, but it does include Classes, Starsigns, more comprehensive racial stats, and so on.

I've downloaded the Character Creation Overhaul with the intention of using it when I re-install Skyrim. CCO reminds me of the Daggerfall chargen.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 16 2021, 02:30 AM
Post #336

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 15 2021, 10:24 AM) *

Hmm, let me think.

There is also Third Era Attributes, which a few of us got excited about a few years back, but it's really buggy. Don't use that. nono.gif

That’s a lot if endorsements! ohmy.gif

I tried this one and it seemed to be ok. I may have to look at that one you posted though.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Sep 16 2021, 08:42 AM
Post #337

Mouth
Group Icon

Yes, I used that one on PS4 (the original version). My problem was it didn't have the class that I wanted, but it's Ok if you want to stick to one of the official classes. The mod I made for myself was based on these ideas, just for a different class.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 16 2021, 11:58 AM
Post #338

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Sep 16 2021, 02:42 AM) *

Yes, I used that one on PS4 (the original version). My problem was it didn't have the class that I wanted, but it's Ok if you want to stick to one of the official classes. The mod I made for myself was based on these ideas, just for a different class.

What I was wanting to do for a particular character I’m working on was make a sort of stealthy “shadow cleric”, or basically just a tweaked Nightblade class. I used the custom class creator and it seems to work pretty good for my purposes.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Sep 16 2021, 12:02 PM
Post #339

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 16 2021, 11:58 AM) *

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Sep 16 2021, 02:42 AM) *

What I was wanting to do for a particular character I’m working on was make a sort of stealthy “shadow cleric”, or basically just a tweaked Nightblade class. I used the custom class creator and it seems to work pretty good for my purposes.

Then it sounds like you are all set! goodjob.gif I don't think there was a custom class possibility in the PS4 version, may be this is an extension for PC. I remember I had to choose an existing class... This makes all the difference.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 16 2021, 12:55 PM
Post #340

Councilor
Group Icon

Awesome, Khajiit, the one you linked to looks useful as well. Sort of like a lighter version of CCO. Maybe I'll try that some day.

You have Skyrim SE anyway (I have the traditional Skyrim), so the mod I linked to won't work for you. nono.gif Unless, of course, CCO has also been made for SE. Which it probably has been at this point.

--------------------
+Quote Post

18 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:03 AM