Closed TopicStart new topic
> To Heir Is Human- Playground XIV, The 14th
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 22 2007, 03:10 PM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir scratched at the stubble on his chin as he pondered Rann's suggestion. His gaze was drawn in the direction that the battle was taking place. Flashes of Daedra storming over the walls, the screams and anguished cries of his allies flooding him mind. Flogir shook his head roughly, dispelling the memories.

Thunder crackled in the distance. A storm was drifting in steadily from the horizon.

This time, I won't fail. This will not be like Kvatch!

After moments of thought, Flogir finally cleared his throat. "Yes, I'd be willing to take over should the need arrive. What I suggest though is that we find the person who is commanding the Brumans. We'll make it a joint leadership until Astratus shows up."

Flogir looked to those around him. "Who is willing to come with me to find this person at the moment?"

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Aug 22 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #22

Knower
Group Icon

Dalrus, Green Emperor Way

Dalrus opened her eyes and yawned. "I suppose he would be in the Green Emperor Way somewhere, this is where the Bruman's and the Imperial Guard," she suggested looking at the knights guarding the door. The day was getting darker as clouds began to roll in. Wind started to pick up and Dalrus leaned over and kissed Rann. "I'm just going to help him look," she said to Rann and then standing up.

"I don't think you guys will be able to stay out here too long, but the tower should be open and reletively empty, Green Emperor way is off limits to people who aren't actually fighting.," she said standing next to Flogir. "I think if there is a commander, he will probably be meeting with the Guard commanders somewhere, maybe the Councilor chambers?" she suggested.

Eurod, Staggering in

Eurod had been bitten and knew he had forty eight hours of being fully human left. He would just have to control the lupis, not let himself go crazy. It was not unheard of, though it was very hard and took a lot of control. He staggered into the Green Emperor way from the gate that lead to the temple district. His armor was bloody and he looked strained just to stand up, but he could do it, he just needed a healer. He saw a group sitting against the wall talking, and then another group not to far away who were also in a discussion. He hoped they could help him.

"Anybody!?" was all he could utter before collapsing.

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 22 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

"I supposed that's where we could--" his sentence was cut off as a bloodied Nord nearby cried out for assistance before collapsing. Hearing the call, Flogir went to the man's side.

"Gods!" Flogir said in shock at the wounds the man had suffered. He looked back, and saw that Aerona was the only one nearby that he knew could possibly look after the man. "Aerona! I think we need your help here," he called out to her.

As he waited for help, he couldn't help but think that this Bruman was familiar. Perhaps they had crossed paths at the Battle of Bruma during the Oblivion Crisis.

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 22 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood and Green-Root, Narza'tai headquarters.

Even though the healers had fixed his bones, they weren't going to let him leave.
,,This place is our secret. You will leave when we consider it wise. Leave on your own, and we shall be forced to kill you." The woman who called herself Vasha claimed.
,,Oh, sure." Flint mumbled.

Green-Root leaned against the wall in one corner of the room.
,,Now, how is everyone? Flogir, Aerona, that naive girl and her boyfriend, the vampire, and let's not forget our two-faced politician." He began. Flint grumbled beneath his breath.
,,They're all fine, last time I checked." He spoke.
,,That is too bad." Green-Root replied with a shrug.

Flint gave the Argonian a long stare.
,,So, you finally showed your true colours, didn't you? Dissapointed your Silhouette hasn't conquered the whole world yet?" He snapped. The Argonian laughed.
,,True colours? Why would I serve a monster like the Silhouette? Old man, you are suffering from some severe delusions. I have no quarrel with any of you. If I did, you would be dead by now instead of resting in a bed with recently reassembled legs. I have no quarrel, except with Altair and his aide. It is too bad they are still in fine health. It would have been better for everyone if they'd died by now."

Flint rolled over, turning his back to Green-Root.
,,Because he's evil, a murderous robber and whatever. Gosh, I wonder who else fits that description? Leave me alone. I don't need a conspiracy theory."

Green-Root left the room without a word.
,,That man has one stubborn skull." He explained to Kalsh when the Argonian lass gave him a questioning look.
,,I can't convince him that the Altmer Altair is connected to a yellow-eyed Breton, perhaps even the same person. I can't convince him, even if I were the great Tiber Septim himself. But maybe someone else can, given a few hours of lonesome rest." He continued. Kalsh nodded in understanding and moved off to her guard post.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 22 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #25

Master
Group Icon

Plys'Iea

The werewolves were mighty indeed, but the swarm of undead overtook another three of the twelve before the alien could reach them. He swept the street with his staff's expansive reach, possibly relieved to see him return and strike the enemy from the flanks, the wolves pushed forward with renewed vigor.

Once the undead were vanquished, the man-wolves and the Plys'Iea took a moment to catch their breaths before moving on. Finally, as they were ready to get underway again, a group of human soldiers moved in from Green Emporer Way.
The soldiers didn't break from their tight cluster, and the werewolves were obediant enough not to charge outright. The silence and lack of movement was so perfect that the alien could sense the changing weather in the distance through his spines.

He looked over the soldiers, and immediately picked out the officer, next to the banner-carrier. The Plys'Iea warrior snarled and the werewolves burst onward around him. When the hunter reached the edge of the human broadswords' reach he leapt over the crouching formation.....
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Aug 23 2007, 01:27 AM
Post #26

Knower
Group Icon

Patholos

"Excuse me Sensei," Patholos said with reverity, and retied his eyecloth. He had grown new eyes, but they were red like fire and an obvious sign of evil. Patholos returned to the conversation and said, "There is a matter of your and apparently the vampire's need in our sewer district. The Commander, Sensei," Patholos waited, and tried to ponder the right words for the release of information. He said, "He has been bitten."

OOC: Have fun, Plys'Iea

Lieutenant of the Mountain Spears (The soldiers in front of the Green Emperor Way)

Fear took the Lieutenant, and he knew this was his last day on Nirm. He said a small prayer for the four young recruits they had to implement due to missing soldiers. They were barely past their eighteenth summer. The lieutenant yelled to his men, "Now we go to sit among gods!" And the Morrowind Army charged with their swords high, just in time to see the giant beast leap impossibly into the air...

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

Know yourself and you will win all battles.
- Sun Tzu

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 23 2007, 02:08 AM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

OCC: I hate trying to spell the scientific name for vampirism.

Karn and Ian

The sensei raised an eyebrow and glanced at Ian who nodded almost inperceptively. "Then let us meet with Astratus."
The vampire asked the pale Dunmer, "Lycanthropy, or Porphyric Hemophillia?"

Issac, on the walls

He glanced down from the walls and called down to the group. "Well, Astratus was fighting and bleeding with his men, but now, apparently, he's in the sewers!" Issac held back any comment about how the Dunmer commander was doing much more than sitting by the gates.

The Altmer flinched slightly when a bandit's arrow flew inches over his shoulder, That was too close.... He turned and launched a fireball at the first bandit bowmen he spotted, regardless of if it was the one who shot at him or not.

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Aug 23 2007, 03:16 AM
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 23 2007, 04:15 AM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Aug 22 2007, 11:45 AM) *

Flogir

"I supposed that's where we could--" his sentence was cut off as a bloodied Nord nearby cried out for assistance before collapsing. Hearing the call, Flogir went to the man's side.

"Gods!" Flogir said in shock at the wounds the man had suffered. He looked back, and saw that Aerona was the only one nearby that he knew could possibly look after the man. "Aerona! I think we need your help here," he called out to her.

As he waited for help, he couldn't help but think that this Bruman was familiar. Perhaps they had crossed paths at the Battle of Bruma during the Oblivion Crisis.

Aerona

Aerona rushed to help the man, and quickly kneeled down beside him.

"Prop him up a little," she said to Flogir, "Help me get his armor off."

She hoped that most of the blood on his armor didn't belong to him, or he would be gone shortly. Also, she had used most of her magicka in helping Flogir and Rann, and very little was left. She could only hope that more conventional methods would work.

Rann

As Flogir began to help, Rann stopped him and began doing as Aerona said.

"You do what you need to," he explained as he began cutting Eurod's armor straps with a small knife.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 23 2007, 04:43 AM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir nodded at what Rann told him. Indeed he had something to do.

He went to the walls where the Brumans were busily plying their techniques to repel the invaders. He approached a group that were taking a break.

"Greetings. Who commands you guys other than Astratus? I have a feeling we might need to collaborate should Astratus fall."

The Brumans looked around them. One of them shrugged their shoulders "Eurod was here earlier, cept he was on the other side of the walls," he said, nodding towards the walls.

Another soldier spoke up. "Actually I'm very sure the Cap'n brought back his squad to this side. He didn't look to well..."

Flogir paused. "What's he look like?"

The soldier gave him a description of the man that had collapsed nearby him. "By the Divines!" Flogir cursed and left the soldiers without telling them anything.

Flogir stopped by Rann and Aerona once again. "Well apparently I found out that the person I was looking for is this chap right here... This isn't looking good," he looked up to Issac, "Is there I way for me to get into those sewers. I guess I should checkup on Astratus now."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 23 2007, 04:55 AM
Post #30

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

"You aren't very good at doing what you have to, are you?" he asked, half joking, half serious, "If this is in fact the leader here, then you're up next, and should probably stay here."

He held out his knife to Flogir, "Finish here and I'll go in the sewers for Arastus. I consider myself sneakier than you anyway."

It didn't occur to him how much it seemed like he was bossing around a nord much older and much wiser than he.

Aerona

Aerona tore off Eurod's shirt, looking for the main wound, but there were so many, it was hard to tell which one was the main problem. She wanted to look over more of the injured man's body, but for some reason there was still armor on certain parts.

She looked up at Flogir and Rann, and in seeing the cause of the delay she shouted at them, "Someone start cutting again if you want him to live!"

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 23 2007, 05:12 AM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir grinned despite the seriousness of the situation. "I should remind you, my old position in the army was a basically a field corporal. I just did what my sergeant told me to do."

Flogir jumped when Aerona yelled at him. He quickly began to removing the last pieces of armour, apologizing repeatedly.

Without looking up, he addressed those around him. "Umm, could anyone tell the Brumans over there the situation on their Captain and that if they require any assistance to ask me for instructions."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 23 2007, 05:27 AM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

OOC: do you want him to become a werewolf, Florodine?

Rann

Rann hurried off to report to the soldiers from Bruma. He found the same group that Flogir did.

"Your leader is severely injured. To take his place, though is an experienced soldier from the Oblivion Crisis," he pointed to Flogir, who was currently aiding in the healing of Eurod, "Everyone reports to him now, understood?"

They all nodded, but one spoke up, "But what exactly are you doing?" he asked, obviously not happy that this young dunmer in front of them wasn't helping at the gates.

"Following orders," he answered, heading off in the direction of the nearest sewer entrance.

Aerona

Aerona ignored Flogir's apologies, and stayed focused on the task at hand. With the rest of the armor off, she spotted the problem; a bite.

"Werewolf," she said, "I can heal the wound, and he'll live, but I don't have the right ingredients to cure the disease right now."

She reached into her pack and pulled out a bottle of water and some choice herbs. She poured the water on the wound to clean it, and followed up by crushing the herbs into a pulp and placing them on the wound. She then ripped off the hem of her skirt and wrapped it around him.

"This wound will heal, but his blackout was caused by the disease, not so much his injuries. We should keep him locked up at night to keep him from hurting anyone."

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 23 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #33

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Aug 23 2007, 03:08 AM) *

Issac, on the walls

He glanced down from the walls and called down to the group. "Well, Astratus was fighting and bleeding with his men, but now, apparently, he's in the sewers!" Issac held back any comment about how the Dunmer commander was doing much more than sitting by the gates.

The Altmer flinched slightly when a bandit's arrow flew inches over his shoulder, That was too close.... He turned and launched a fireball at the first bandit bowmen he spotted, regardless of if it was the one who shot at him or not.

Satyana, joining 'Issac

She looked at her sister, slowly moving her head from side to side....she was right!, but so was Issac! Amrita hadn´t known either of them fo very long, so how could she promise everything would turn out ok? Unless of course.... Satyana shrugged, Amrita would of course pull some magic stunt on Rann! She doidn´t trust her anyway, but decided to maybe try her.

But that had to wait a while since she found Issac on the barriers throwinbg fireballs....Her place was with him! She approached him, touching his arm..

"Issac, sweetie, I´m here I´ll help out"

Satyana Sarethi prepared for her big show.....Small blue flames surrounded her, her amethyst-eyes glowed with an eerie light...she took a deep breath, stretched both her arms forward and spoke the incantation, so famous...so lethal!....

"Flammor, förtär dina mål, inifrån och ut...förtär tills intet mer än aska kvarstår"

A blue-white cloud emerged from her hands....

OOC: You guys decide what and how her lethal VC-fire will hit!...Because it will hit..something or someone

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 23 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

Amrita

Amrita waited for Satyana to reply; it even appeared as if she might respond in the way she was hoping for, but instead she wandered off to Issac. Amrita couldn't help but stare at her back in puzzlement.

Now I can definitely see why Rann can get annoyed by these two. You try to talk to them and they just walk away from you without saying a word... At least they're meant for each other. They're both very rude!" Amrita thought angrily as she bit her bottom lip in frustration.

She wandered back to the group, and found that they were taking care of a fallen soldier.

"What happened to him?"

Flogir

Flogir was attempting to life Eurod to carry him when Amrita came back. "He suffered some wounds from a werewolf. We gotta find a place to stash him just in case he turns overnight."

Flogir looked around to see if there was anyplace handy at the moment. He noticed a wine cellar that was attached to one of the buildings. "Let's take him in there," he said, pointing out the building, "As long as it's an isolated cellar, we'll just have to barricade those doors."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 23 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #35

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann lowered himself down into the sewers, and was immediately assaulted by the not-so-pleasant smell. Doing his very best ot ignore it, he crept along, trying to find the best way to get himself back above ground on the other side.

As he made his way through the dark, damp tunnels, he found himself looking at each shadow, expecting to see someone (or something) pop out. He couldn't help but feel that he was being watched, and he realized that it would be hard to hide himself after already being spotted, so he abandoned his silent creeping and began splashing about in the sewer as if he were strolling along a street in broad daylight.

OOC: The one(s) watching him are with the Narza'Tai. Feel free to have them stop him.

Aerona

Aerona grabbed the man's legs, expecting Flogir to grab his shoulders, and they began to carry him in the direction of the cellar. Aerona was surprised at the man's light weight at first, until she remembered her vampirism. Shaking the thought from her head, she put all of her mental power towards the task at hand.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Aug 23 2007, 11:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 23 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

Narza'Tai

As the intruder cleared the long hallway and entered one of the chambers, fifteen magical urns burst into fire, illuminating the entire space. The group of thirteen assassins appeared throughtout the room, five bows and four crossbows were aimed at Rann.

The rest of the group had shortswords and daggers of ebony, Deadric, or silver brandished. With the exception of their leader, all of the assassins were crouching in a battle stance. The leader, a masked Altmer, stood tall, holding an enchanted staff; a sheathed Deadric shortsword sitting on his belt.

The Altmer looked down at Rann, "To come here was not a wise decision; you would do well to leave now and forget you what you have seen."

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Aug 23 2007, 11:24 PM
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 23 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

"And you'd do well to shove that staff up your a**, but neither one is going to happen. I've got orders to find Arastus, and I'm not leaving until I do," he said matter-of-factly, despite the fact that he was heavily outnumbered.

What the altmer in front of him didn't know, though, was that Rann had already sensed the magical power of the staff and was ready to absorb it for his own use at a moment's notice.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 23 2007, 11:44 PM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

OCC: If Rann's willing to be sick for the rest of the siege....... Nah, he won't have to be.

Narza'Tai

Beneath the mask, it was difficult to see the Altmer narrow his eyes slightly. "Commander Astratus has been stricken with Lycanthropy, and has sought shelter here for the moment." His voice was devoid of any anger he might have felt.

"The commander asked for an audiance with the sensei and the Imperial vampire, nothing more. Now, if all you needed to do was verify the commander was here, you have." The Altmer leader clearly intended to dismiss Rann as soon as possible.
"Until the meeting has taken place, the quarantine will not be lifted; you have enough to report to whoever your superior is, so there is no reason for you to remain here."

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Aug 23 2007, 11:51 PM
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 24 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #39

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

"It most certainly wouldn't satisfy my superior," he replied, "Because my goal is to speak with his superior which I obviously haven't done. So if you'll kindly move..." he said, not waiting for any of them to actually move before starting to walk past them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 24 2007, 01:17 AM
Post #40

Master
Group Icon

OCC: In the Priest's absense, I'll move Ian and Karn forward, so they'll arrive shortly. I suppose Rann takes the fact they haven't shoot him in a bunch of non-lethal places for granted.

Narza'Tai

The sewer gate leading onward slammed shut, and the sword-wielders of the assassins moved to impede Rann's path. Beside Rann, the Altmer said. "Your superior's satisfaction is not our imperative of ours, Dunmer."

"Seeing as you have no leaverage on your end; we don't have to let you through. Perhaps you should re-evaluate your position before making more demands, boy." There was obvious condesension as the Altmer spoke the last word.

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Aug 24 2007, 01:24 AM
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:00 AM