104 Pages V « < 75 76 77 78 79 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Oblivion Screenshot Thread
Decrepit
post Aug 23 2017, 01:42 PM
Post #1521

Master
Group Icon

My OCOv2 avatar emerges from the Imperial Prison Sewers into Cyrodiil proper, Earth-date 2017-07-26. This faux image does NOT document the first time I observed him exiting the Imperial Sewers. He's easily done so over 100 times now, my primary save-point being just prior to the exit. This is neither the first nor last of those many exits. It is merely the first during which I thought to snap an image for posterity.

On the other hand, so far as my avatar knows each and every sewer exit is indeed his first.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 23 2017, 01:43 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 23 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #1522

Councilor
Group Icon

Sweet, looks lovely. You and Hamfat must be getting a tummy ache from all this eye-candy, ha ha.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 24 2017, 09:02 PM
Post #1523

Master
Group Icon

Scenic view from OCOv2 Hamfat's stay in Leyawiin, captured during a morning shower.

Waiting out rain in Leyawiin. These images were captured just after installing ShadeMe Enhanced, but due to atmospheric conditions its effects aren't very pronounced.

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 23 2017, 12:38 PM) *

Sweet, looks lovely. You and Hamfat must be getting a tummy ache from all this eye-candy, ha ha.

I know not what my OCOv2 avatar thinks about it. As for myself, I tend to fluctuate between happiness for graphical and other improvements that work out and frustration over visual issues I've yet to resolve.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 27 2017, 12:24 PM
Post #1524

Master
Group Icon

More rainy Leyawiin.

Bellying up to the bar, Five Claws Lodge, Leyawiin.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 27 2017, 01:25 PM
Post #1525

Paladin
Group Icon

Decrepit, your Leyawiin looks great!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 27 2017, 02:28 PM
Post #1526

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 18 2017, 07:26 AM) *

OCOv2 in Layawiin, an evening view. This is another shot I initially rejected. Not much to it really. Better than nothing I suppose. Maybe.

WOW! I wouldn't mind living in that Leyawiin myself! laugh.gif

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 23 2017, 08:42 AM) *

My OCOv2 avatar emerges from the Imperial Prison Sewers into Cyrodiil proper, Earth-date 2017-07-26. This faux image does NOT document the first time I observed him exiting the Imperial Sewers. He's easily done so over 100 times now, my primary save-point being just prior to the exit. This is neither the first nor last of those many exits. It is merely the first during which I thought to snap an image for posterity.

On the other hand, so far as my avatar knows each and every sewer exit is indeed his first.

Holy Cow !!!! Amazing Graphics!

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 24 2017, 04:02 PM) *

Scenic view from OCOv2 Hamfat's stay in Leyawiin, captured during a morning shower.

Waiting out rain in Leyawiin. These images were captured just after installing ShadeMe Enhanced, but due to atmospheric conditions its effects aren't very pronounced.

I know not what my OCOv2 avatar thinks about it. As for myself, I tend to fluctuate between happiness for graphical and other improvements that work out and frustration over visual issues I've yet to resolve.

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 27 2017, 07:24 AM) *

I am amazed at this Leyawiin, it is gorgeous!!! I want to live there! Must have your build!!!! GAAAAAAH!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 27 2017, 08:01 PM
Post #1527

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 27 2017, 08:28 AM) *

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 18 2017, 07:26 AM) *

OCOv2 in Layawiin, an evening view. This is another shot I initially rejected. Not much to it really. Better than nothing I suppose. Maybe.

WOW! I wouldn't mind living in that Leyawiin myself! laugh.gif
QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 23 2017, 08:42 AM) *

Holy Cow !!!! Amazing Graphics!

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 24 2017, 04:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 27 2017, 07:24 AM) *

I am amazed at this Leyawiin, it is gorgeous!!! I want to live there! Must have your build!!!! GAAAAAAH!!!!

City textures are Leyawiin Wooldland?, new to me with my experimental build. Leyawiin has long been the Cyrodiil city I felt least in need of retexturing. Took awhile for me to acclimate myself to these new exterior textures. I'm now more than happy with them, both exterior and interior. Exterior mists are almost certainly from Atmospheres Natural Ambience by Discovery1. I currently use its Mist Only variant.

A scenic view of Skingrad at distance bathed in early daylight.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 27 2017, 08:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 30 2017, 02:22 AM
Post #1528

Master
Group Icon

As stated in another thread, early this evening I removed and reinstalled both Oblivion Reloaded and Cinematic ENB. Launched the game only long enough to ensure I'm made no slip ups. (I somehow forgot to enable one OR feature, but it's not a lease breaker. I'll correct it tomorrow or the day after, depending.) In that small amount of time I captured this token image of my OCOv2 Avatar once again exploring Ancient Yews Forest.

With default settings it seems to me that the image has a "cool" color balance. I prefer warmer, but this'll do for now.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 30 2017, 03:30 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 30 2017, 02:25 PM
Post #1529

Master
Group Icon

In the past I have linked what I consider the best of my Experimental Oblivion Build captures. This image of my OCOv2 avatar on Anvil Pier circa 1600 Nirn-time is more questionable. I'm not at all sold on the harsh effects of the late (?) afternoon sun, which I think somewhat overdone even in these circumstances. That said, strong late afternoon sunlight does indeed produce similar results under the right atmospheric conditions.

Preparing the above from posting it came to me that the very first screen capture of my second play-through that I deemed worthy of posting was of my decrepit avatar on Anvil Pier, earth-date 2010-07-31 It is his first visit to Anvil, during which he heard the Prophet and began the journal that eventually saw him assume the role of Divine Crusader, in which guise he helped thwart the Oblivion Crisis. As can be seen, he is already a patrolling Legionnaire, having signed on very soon after escaping the Imperial Prison Complex. I like vanilla richly saturated coloring, but can do without the odd unsightly zebra-stripe tiling the ground textures beneath the lighthouse. (The new image has a bit of that too, less obvious due to burnt out coloring.)

(The 2010 has long been posted at Photo Bucket, but you'll forgive me if I don't shell out $400US for the privilege of letting you view it there.)

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 30 2017, 02:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Sep 1 2017, 02:19 PM
Post #1530

Master
Group Icon

Two more from out Anvil way, both captured 2017-08-30:

Anvil Castle Courtyard. (The mod that retextures Anvil includes those nice peeling white painted wood docks and piers seen in several Experimental Build images.)

Scenic view of distant Anvil at Twilight. (I can't quite decided if this image was captured during "late dusk" or "early twilight.")

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Sep 5 2017, 06:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Sep 5 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #1531

Master
Group Icon

Cheydinhal Street Scene at the Chapel, a 2017-09-02 capture from my Experimental Oblivion Build. To me this has a pronounced three-dimensional look to it, with lots of depth. One of six Oblivion images I now use as Win10 desktop backgrounds.

Ruins Deep Within Ancient Yews Forest, a 2017-09-02 image.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Sep 5 2017, 06:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Sep 6 2017, 01:30 PM
Post #1532

Master
Group Icon

I've been knee deep in Oblivion myself, lately. Here is an album of mostly scenic shots I snapped.

Melora, my Dunmer Nightblade blessed by the Lady is currently level 6, and just stole the Mysterium Xarxes.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 6 2017, 02:32 PM
Post #1533

Paladin
Group Icon

Decrepit - as ever, a whole lot of graphics goin' on there! tongue.gif

Cain - lovely scenic tour of Cyrodiil!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 6 2017, 02:33 PM
Post #1534

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Sep 6 2017, 08:30 AM) *

I've been knee deep in Oblivion myself, lately. Here is an album of mostly scenic shots I snapped.

A few good "Where Am I?" shots among those.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Sep 6 2017, 03:49 PM
Post #1535

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Sep 6 2017, 07:30 AM) *

Melora, my Dunmer Nightblade blessed by the Lady is currently level 6, and just stole the Mysterium Xarxes.

Despite my quest for improved graphics quality, there is much to be said for the overall look of vanilla Cyrodiil exterior scenes during sunny daylight. In this regard my experimentations don't yet pass muster. I sometimes yearn to yank out both Oblivion Reloaded and Cinematic ENB and resume vanilla Cyrodill (plus HD textures, of course) adventures. Yet when I fire up my second play-through, as happened yesterday, I immediately begin to miss the decided improvements OR and ENB offer when at their best.

By sheer coincidence I very recently captured an image similar to the one you snapped of Cheydinhal Chapel at distance, with small bridge in the foreground. My camera position is nearer the bridge, and screen right includes the corner of a building that doesn't exist in your Cyrodiil, Cheydinhal's Gold Horse Courier office. That, and of course my OCOv2 avatar mugging the camera, as is his wont.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2017, 04:07 PM
Post #1536

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 27 2017, 03:01 PM) *

City textures are Leyawiin Wooldland?, new to me with my experimental build. Leyawiin has long been the Cyrodiil city I felt least in need of retexturing. Took awhile for me to acclimate myself to these new exterior textures. I'm now more than happy with them, both exterior and interior. Exterior mists are almost certainly from Atmospheres Natural Ambience by Discovery1. I currently use its Mist Only variant.

A scenic view of Skingrad at distance bathed in early daylight.

Ooh, thank you for the Leyawiin mod name! I absolutely LOVE that Skingrad shot, now THAT is what I'm talking about on the sky - much more realistic looking! Awesome shot!

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 30 2017, 09:25 AM) *

In the past I have linked what I consider the best of my Experimental Oblivion Build captures. This image of my OCOv2 avatar on Anvil Pier circa 1600 Nirn-time is more questionable. I'm not at all sold on the harsh effects of the late (?) afternoon sun, which I think somewhat overdone even in these circumstances. That said, strong late afternoon sunlight does indeed produce similar results under the right atmospheric conditions.

Preparing the above from posting it came to me that the very first screen capture of my second play-through that I deemed worthy of posting was of my decrepit avatar on Anvil Pier, earth-date 2010-07-31 It is his first visit to Anvil, during which he heard the Prophet and began the journal that eventually saw him assume the role of Divine Crusader, in which guise he helped thwart the Oblivion Crisis. As can be seen, he is already a patrolling Legionnaire, having signed on very soon after escaping the Imperial Prison Complex. I like vanilla richly saturated coloring, but can do without the odd unsightly zebra-stripe tiling the ground textures beneath the lighthouse. (The new image has a bit of that too, less obvious due to burnt out coloring.)

(The 2010 has long been posted at Photo Bucket, but you'll forgive me if I don't shell out $400US for the privilege of letting you view it there.)

I actually prefer the firs shot here; it really gives the gritty feel that the Anvil dock deserves (being a shipping port on the Abecean frequented by Pirates and Tars). That second one makes the Anvil dock area look way too new and clean; and the wood texture looks like something that should be indoors; not an active seaport.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2017, 04:23 PM
Post #1537

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Sep 1 2017, 09:19 AM) *

Two more from out Anvil way, both captured 2017-08-30:

Anvil Castle Courtyard. (The mod that retextures Anvil includes those nice peeling white painted wood docks and piers seen in several Experimental Build images.)

Scenic view of distant Anvil at Twilight. (I can't quite decided if this image was captured during "late dusk" or "early twilight.")

Not thrilled with the castle textures they used here in that close-up shot; the whole charm of Anvil was those adobe/stucco type walls that set it up as unique from the northern styles and textures (like these gray rough walls showing here represent). These textures are very wintery looking; not really very representative of that sunny southern climate of the Anvil area. Too bad the mod didn't use a better texture for Anvil; these kind of remove the charm from it.

That said, however - that shot from the distance does look good!

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 6 2017, 04:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2017, 04:45 PM
Post #1538

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Sep 6 2017, 08:30 AM) *

Awesome shots!!!

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Sep 6 2017, 10:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Cain @ Sep 6 2017, 07:30 AM) *

Despite my quest for improved graphics quality, there is much to be said for the overall look of vanilla Cyrodiil exterior scenes during sunny daylight. In this regard my experimentations don't yet pass muster. I sometimes yearn to yank out both Oblivion Reloaded and Cinematic ENB and resume vanilla Cyrodill (plus HD textures, of course) adventures. Yet when I fire up my second play-through, as happened yesterday, I immediately begin to miss the decided improvements OR and ENB offer when at their best.

By sheer coincidence I very recently captured an image similar to the one you snapped of Cheydinhal Chapel at distance, with small bridge in the foreground. My camera position is nearer the bridge, and screen right includes the corner of a building that doesn't exist in your Cyrodiil, Cheydinhal's Gold Horse Courier office. That, and of course my OCOv2 avatar mugging the camera, as is his wont.

Ooh, I love the textures on that Cheydinhal bridge!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Sep 7 2017, 12:39 PM
Post #1539

Master
Group Icon

@mALX - I too very much like the Cheydinhal bridge textures seen in one of my above captures, but of course I would else the mod wouldn't be installed. tongue.gif Interesting that you prefer (as I do) the "gritty" look of my Anvil Pier textures over the "clean" look seen in my early second play-through Pier image, yet in Cheydinhal prefer a "clean" looking bridge. On the other hand, Cheydinhal is Cyrodiil's most beautiful city, as Vilja keeps reminding my ever more decrepit avatar, It's only fitting the city properly maintains its bridges.

@mALX - As to Castle Anvil, it's been so long since I've seen vanilla Anvil graphics I no longer recall what they look like. Anvil is the very first Cyrodiil city I retextured during my first play-through, followed closely by the Imperial City. I believe Bruma textures "might" have been added during that play-through as well, towards its end. Or maybe not. Anvil textures used during my first two play-throughs are entirely different from those seen in my Experimental Build images.

@mALX - Yeah. Could I but maintain the quality of exterior lighting seen in my above distant Skingrad image throughout all daylight hours I'd be a much happier camper. Alas, things turn sour as midday approaches. Then, depending on locale, the countryside becomes extremely and unrealistically washed out. I hope to tame that at some point, so long as doing so doesn't degrade exterior lighting during those times it presently works very very well.

New images, captured during last night's session:

A new face for OCOv2 Hamfat. Not sure I like it any better than my last attempt. I certainly like it no less. Lighting is not the best, but about all that can be hoped for under the circumstances. Had I moved my avatar nearer the cell's one torch it would have triggered the start of game advancement, which I didn't want at that point.

Snapped an image of Emperor Uriel Septim VII and Baurus in an Imperial Prison Cell, to show how they and the cell itself look with my various modifications in place. Due to "tfc" not working during this exchange with my avatar I was not able to move the camera for best positioning. Composition thus suffers. As it is, I needed to remove Captain Renault, originally seen at extreme screen right, to make the shot post worthy.

Fresh Beginnings - Dawn of New Career Path. A new escaped prisoner, recently abandoned by Emperor Uriel Septim VII and his guards, begins his trek through the Imperial Prison Complex. Of these three images, only this one attempts to make any sort of artistic statement. Oblivion Reloaded. Cinematic ENB. Improved Fires & Flames. Smoke & Dust with ENB addon. Real Lights. Cava Obscura. Imperial Prison HD textures. OCOv2. Roberts Male Body. And so on.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Sep 7 2017, 12:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 7 2017, 01:07 PM
Post #1540

Ancient
Group Icon

First off = WOW! Hamfat's facial textures are stunningly real looking! AWESOME job on them!!!! I can even see a touch of five o'clock shadow!!!

The jail cell appears to have undergone a real transformation here; instead of death row and the really nasty dungeons of the lowest prisoners = this cell appears to be in the White Collar end of the dungeons! Maybe a little too clean/dry and nice; but not to such an extreme that it would put me off the modding. However, that said - Uriel Septim looks perfect here, the best I've ever seen him look!

(Really funny that you had to cut out tightpants ... er, I mean Captain Renault).

Fresh beginnings - again, maybe a little too clean and dry - was the Palace maid cleaning the tunnels? they look spotless. It takes away the feel of what the prisoner player had to go through to escape if it is all pretty and clean. There should be dust, dampness, grime, miscellaneous gross slimy places, etc.

In the same shot, though = Hamfat looks spectacular! textures of his face, his expression - right down to his dirty pants! (though I'm left unsure how they got dirty by the cleanliness of the dungeon).

Awesome shots!

Is this just a standard Oblivion game with mods added that anyone could do; or a remastered game like the new Skyrim they put out? Really amazing changes to the look of the game you have, It really makes me want to pull out my Oblivion game again for the first time since Persephone's Tower a couple years ago!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post

104 Pages V « < 75 76 77 78 79 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:27 PM