6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Homes of your characters
Lopov
post Feb 10 2016, 05:43 PM
Post #61

Master
Group Icon

It depends from which perspective you look at it. I meant the "other" meaning of "showered in gold". wink.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 10 2016, 08:36 PM
Post #62

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Feb 10 2016, 11:43 AM) *

It depends from which perspective you look at it. I meant the "other" meaning of "showered in gold". wink.gif

Nope, nothing is showered in gold in RG3's place; just a cozy little cottage is all she's got. Maybe that'll change someday. The window hangings must be expensive though.

I must say, Emma packed a whole lot of features in there. Apparently Renee can craft jewelry, tan her own hides, and craft her own armor. And even brew alcohol. ohmy.gif She's not really patient enough to learn how to do any of this stuff, but if you look at the first basement pic, the gold necklace (and other objects) lying there has something to the crafting part, at least.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 20 2016, 09:59 PM
Post #63

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Feb 10 2016, 11:37 AM) *

Better than showered in gold, I guess. hehe.gif

*spits tea* laugh.gif

Renee, what a charming cottage! Though I love her Xena cleavage cuirass, Ms Gade III looks fabulous in her griffen armor. Gabby is adorable, as ever. I’d be willing to sleep on the floor in her gorgeous room. What a fun tour, culminating in the bedchamber of Lucitia herself. I love that the mess changes according to what she’s been doing. It’s not just arranged and left that way forever. Really neat, and spacious enough to accommodate her entourage.

Thank you for the tour! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 21 2016, 04:08 AM
Post #64

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 20 2016, 03:59 PM) *

Gabby is adorable, as ever.

Now this makes me happy because I tried my best to make her look like Renee 'o Connor.

Here is the original Gabrielle that comes with the Xena mod.

As we can see, the original looks nothing like Gabby at all, it's like the mod author just picked some random face and walked away!

Thank you for the tour! smile.gif

OH yeah, you betcha.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 17 2016, 03:43 AM
Post #65

Councilor
Group Icon

I figured I'd do Kahreem's home now, since he just arrived. There's not much to it, he's a guy. laugh.gif Kidding.

Here we are! ... The Marie Elena. For some reason he gravitated here from the moment he'd almost gotten killed by the pirates who used to live here. He is not home too often, but when he does show up, it's like he's got the best house on the Waterfront. The biggest, anyways. And they all know it and allow him to continue living there.

Pumpkins and watermelons by the door. (Almost all my characters put some sort of large vegetables outside their front door).

Captain's quarters. ... Kahreem never sleeps up here though, he prefers mid-deck for some reason.

Key collection, and that's not even half the keys he's got stored here, or carries around on his person. Kahreem definitely has the largest collection of keys of all my characters.

Shinies!

His favorite bed

.... and that's pretty much it, ha ha.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 17 2016, 03:44 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 17 2016, 06:57 AM
Post #66

Spam Meister
Group Icon

He sure could have picked a worse home. Sleep on a a boat, and cheap too wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 17 2016, 03:54 PM
Post #67

Paladin
Group Icon

I imagine the Marie Elena makes a great home - once you clear the pier and ship of riffraff.

The pumpkins and watermelons look like housewarming gifts from Baa and Mooch! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 18 2016, 05:31 PM
Post #68

Master
Group Icon

Kahreem of Weet the Locksman!

I knew that Marie Elena is his home but I didn't know that he doesn't prefer the captain's bed.

Nice pix, Renee!

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 28 2016, 04:35 AM
Post #69

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 16 2016, 10:43 PM) *

I figured I'd do Kahreem's home now, since he just arrived. There's not much to it, he's a guy. laugh.gif Kidding.

Here we are! ... The Marie Elena. For some reason he gravitated here from the moment he'd almost gotten killed by the pirates who used to live here. He is not home too often, but when he does show up, it's like he's got the best house on the Waterfront. The biggest, anyways. And they all know it and allow him to continue living there.

Pumpkins and watermelons by the door. (Almost all my characters put some sort of large vegetables outside their front door).

Captain's quarters. ... Kahreem never sleeps up here though, he prefers mid-deck for some reason.

Key collection, and that's not even half the keys he's got stored here, or carries around on his person. Kahreem definitely has the largest collection of keys of all my characters.

Shinies!

His favorite bed

.... and that's pretty much it, ha ha.

Maybe he prefers sleeping mid decks because those two men knock on the door continuously the rest of the game unless you kill them? laugh.gif

On Glathir's key ... did you check the wastebasket when you first sneak into his door?

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 28 2016, 01:50 PM) *

As is well known, my avatar considers Weye Manor in Weye Village his primary residence. He spends more nights there than anywhere else.

The red-roofed Manor seen from Talos Bridge.

The first-floor foyer. My avatar spends many an evening at its fireplace before retiring to his upstairs bedroom.

Dining with the Manor staff.

Seated on his third-floor private balcony. He often eats breakfast and late evening snacks here, and enjoys its view of the Imperial City and Lake Rumare.

At Weye stables, where their mounts and Groucho are kept.

My avatar owns no 'city' homes save one, Benirus Manor. Here he is with Vil in its foyer and also at table in the dining room.

They own farm properly between the Imperial City and Cheydinhal but spend no time there to speak of.

My avatar in his first incarnation claimed Verona House as his chief abode.

Ooh, like that Verona House! It won "Best Quest mod" too! So, are you SenileSarg on Nexus? Looked like your Avatar in the screen.

Awesome shots!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 28 2016, 05:05 AM
Post #70

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 9 2016, 10:27 PM) *

Listen everybody, we're going to be showing the cottage to some sort of people in an alternate reality. Best behavior, okay?

... Today we will have a look at Lucitia's place, aka Renee Gade III. Come along. All credits to go Maple Cottage by Emma, except for any sort of mess you notice. RG3 is a bit of a slob.

In this first picture, she arrived to her home when it was night. I took a pic just for the sake of contrast.

And here we are in lovely day time. I cheated with this pic. It kept frickin' raining on this day, and so I finally had to fw 38eee!

Renee poses outside in her new "gryphon" armor. Well, let's have a look inside, shall we?

What is it? What do you want, Gabrielle? Can't you see we're busy? ... Bards *sigh*.

Here we are in the front foyer.

And come on, let's go upstairs. Only one bed up here. Super-cozy. Gabby usually sleeps up here. A bit too "girly" for my Renee.

Now let's go into the basement. Don't mind the giant glowing orb thingie. It barks sometimes but it's really friendly.

And now, the room of Renee Gade III. Not too bad, actually. At least she didn't throw her armor all over the floor this time. biggrin.gif

I like this cottage! (didn't know it had a basement). I saw a vid of it on Youtube where the quest was bugged and Neils was not dead and kept popping up everywhere, rollinglaugh.gif

Great shots, but my favorite is the adorable Renee!

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jan 14 2016, 05:45 PM) *

I found such thread in the Skyrim forums but not here so I'm starting one, the main purpose is not to clutter the regular screenshot thread because as new pics are posted there, some pics are hard to find after awhile. Feel free to post any kind of homes of your characters.

I'll start with Oberon's home northeast of Bruma, namely Snowdrift Manor. While this house is added by Better Cities, it's called Reagan's House by default and you can't own it. I removed its owner with the CS, renamed it to Snowdrift Manor and made Oberon as its owner.

Here are some pics:

The manor northeast of Bruma

From the other side

Coming home

Sun sets on Snowdrift Manor

Sunset from the balcony

Oberon on the balcony

Oberon behind his desk

More pics of the interiors follow.

GAAAAAH! I want to see more of the interior!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 14 2016, 06:35 PM) *

Maxical is going to visit and sleep in that bed, lol. Somewhere I have screens of Persephone's tower in Maxical's game, but ... I don't know where. I was inspired to make it so Maxical could spend time with Persephone up there, lol. Awesome shots, especially dancing on the board so high up - I guess the undead don't have to worry about falling? Lol. Awesome shots and mod, I loved this tower and was inspired by it.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 16 2016, 12:46 PM) *

When Clark was made Earl of Gweden, he also acquired the home of the late Jakben, Earl of Imbel, now known as Imbel Manor. The furnishings differ a little, as his tastes weren't quite the same as the previous vampire owner, and of course the cellar connection to the catacombs has been blocked off.

His bedroom is in the dome.
There are extra display cases and bookshelves in the entry way near the desk.

It's all a long way from his first shack on the waterfront where he discovered that these doors led to a cellar cave where a pair of strange sisters were hiding.

He doesn't count most of the other places he lives as his home. The sisters took over Arborwatch, and bought Rosethorn Hall, so even though he has a stake in those properties, he considers them theirs. Eyja lives at Rosethorn, and takes care of the place for them. She much prefers her new employment to working for Gunder, especially with the smart new uniform. (Please excuse the somewhat blurred image.)

He has a bed at Gweden, and another at the Red Dragon Club, but those are best described as shared. biggrin.gif

He has accommodations in Moonshadow (exterior, interior, Winged Twilight attendant) and Evergloam when he visits those realms, but Drelka and Cyndil are using those, so they're their homes, rather than his.

First off, very cool cave below the IC shack !!! Secondly = Eyja's makeover - WOO HOO !!!! I LOVE the interior of the Ayleid Moonshadow guest house, AWESOME !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 30 2016, 10:36 PM
Post #71

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 27 2016, 11:35 PM) *

On Glathir's key ... did you check the wastebasket when you first sneak into his door?

That's a good question. I know what's in there because at least one of mine looked in his wastebasket once. I'm not sure if Kahreem ever found this.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 30 2016, 10:46 PM
Post #72

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 30 2016, 05:36 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 27 2016, 11:35 PM) *

That's a good question. I know what's in there because at least one of mine looked in his wastebasket once. I'm not sure if Kahreem ever found this.

That was a really cool little surprise Bethesda threw in there, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 30 2016, 10:58 PM
Post #73

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 30 2016, 05:46 PM) *

Oh yes. It's the last place you'd expect to look, too. Wastebaskets are not usually classified as actual containers. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 30 2016, 11:25 PM
Post #74

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 30 2016, 05:58 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 30 2016, 05:46 PM) *

Oh yes. It's the last place you'd expect to look, too. Wastebaskets are not usually classified as actual containers. smile.gif

I think that is why it took so long for everyone to find, they didn't think to look at it. I didn't know about it for years, but in one game I broke into and robbed every house of every single item whether it could be sold or not - just for something to do. It was my "Bubba" character. The Thieves Guild told him to practice stealing, so he went all out; going city to city and literally cleaning them out.

I love surprises like that, though. Just some unusual secret -type thing - doesn't take much to entertain me, laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 17 2016, 05:29 PM
Post #75

Councilor
Group Icon

Renee, what a fun visit to Kahreem’s house! I think the mid-deck bed is cozier.

I like the pumpkins and watermelons outside the door. Some of mine have done that, too. I wondered if they got that from me as some kind of Maryland thing. Even Christmas decorations always had a bunch of fruit in them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
gpstr
post Aug 25 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #76

Agent

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 14 2016, 04:35 PM) *

Ah... I know that tower well.

One of my favorite house mods is Phitt's Mad Mage's Tower? (though it's so quirky that I don't have a character who would actually choose to live there - though I like it so much that I plan on creating a character just for that purpose). It sits in just about that exact spot though. There's a compatibility patch for it, but all it does is fix the land tears and raise it a bit so that the door isn't buried - the two towers are still butted up against each other.

So some time back (when I was trying it out for a home for Bogmok, which didn't work out since the place terrified him), I did my own patch and moved it to the next peak over - to the left from the stairs up to the top rather than to the right.

Here's a view of it from the front of the existing tower (hereinafter known in my game as "Persephone's Tower").

And a shot of the whole area, with both towers.

That was Hanna the elf - the animal conjurer who most recently adventured in the Shivering Isles - in the first pic. Since I've hit something of a wall with Bob, I spent last night traveling with her, so when it came time to get those shots, I just loaded up her game and fast traveled up there. She's actually in the middle of finally dealing with the Orrery quest.

But that's not pertinent to this thread. Houses... that's pertinent to this thread.

This'll take a while, and multiple posts, so I'm going to work my way through the existing posts, and add my own stuff here and there. First, I want to get out of the way the handful of characters I have who live in vanilla houses, since I can just mention them and everybody knows what the houses look like.

Bob (in his first incarnation) owned all the houses. He kept his best stuff in Rosethorn Hall, but mostly worked out of the Waterfront Shack.

Jean the Redguard is a permanent resident of the Shivering Isles and lives in the Duke of Dementia's quarters.

Tim the Enchanter lives in the Archmage's quarters.

Kyla the noble Dunmer lives in the Bruma house. She fell in love with Bruma early on, and it was a natural.

Lydia the Breton ginger lives in the Cheydinhal house.

Jana the Nord goddess lives in Battlehorn Castle.

Z'ren the Khajiit stealth fighter and Arlowe Clanler the (randomly generated) Imperial petty thief both live, in their own games, in the IC Waterfront Shack.

And that's it. I've got some characters who haven't settled down anywhere specific yet, and a few more who are wanderers by nature and aren't going to settle down (and, notably, Hale the Nord dolt, who doesn't know enough to even come in out of the rain), and everyone else lives in modded houses of one sort or another. I'll deal with those over time. I've got screenshots of some of them already, but this post has gone on long enough.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 25 2016, 08:20 PM
Post #77

Paladin
Group Icon

Neat, gpstr! So many characters. Lol.

Buffy generally lives under the stars out of her mare's saddlebags or in the local MG guild hall. When at the Arcane University, she stays in a custom mod (made by King Coin for Buffy) in an added apartment upstairs in the Mystic Archives that she shares with Boderi Farano. It is basically a redo of the Skingrad house bedroom.

Oh, here's a screenie.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 25 2016, 10:51 PM
Post #78

Ancient
Group Icon

The Mad Mage Tower is pretty neat. I like the look of it. It is like the Seattle Space Needle.

That looks really cool with the two towers side by side.

And Buffy has herself a swinging bachelorette pad at the University! Toga Party! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
gpstr
post Aug 26 2016, 06:47 PM
Post #79

Agent

Seriously - how awesome is it that Buffy is so beloved that other people make mods for her?

The Mad Mage's Tower really is awesome - I can't recommend it enough. But it'd take a special sort of mage to actually live there - it was built by a literal mad mage, and it shows. There are portals, sort of like the ones in Frostcrag Spire, except that they take you through a screaming vortex along the way and spit you out at the other end. There's a chest with legs that moves around. The walls breathe - audibly and visibly - you can not only hear them, but actually see them flexing in and out. It's definitely unsettling, but it's very cool.

So... first off, the first mod house I ever did for Oblivion - Niben Cabin (with its owner - Jibran the Redguard swordsman - in front)

It's on the northeast shore of Niben Bay, a little east of due south of Cropsford. Here's a shot from a distance. That's Fort Grief to the right, and the ImpeREAL Empire fort (I forget the name of that specific one, but it's the one along the road to Leyawiin) in the distance behind it. The dock in the foreground is a vanilla structure some might recognize.

I discovered the location first, and decided it would be a great place for a house, then I tried to figure out who might want to live there. I had been spending a fair bit of time with Jibran the Redguard swordsman at that point, and it seemed like it might appeal to him, so I loaded up his game and had him travel there so that he could check out the constuction in-game (since it was my first house mod, there was a lot of trial and error involved). An interesting side effect of that is that it pretty much ended Jibran's career. Once it was done, he just didn't seem very interested in leaving. I've taken him out a few times since then, but he doesn't go far and doesn't stay long before he starts itching to get home again.

Three shots of the interior, from different angles.

It's all vanilla items, but I was pleased with the way it worked out. I particularly like the light - I experimented a lot and learned a lot about placing light sources from that house (I generally don't use any statics that emit light themselves - instead I use strategically placed separate lights that correspond with fake candles and such, so I can place the statics relatively close to the walls but place the actual light further out into the room, so it's a bit more diffuse and the glare on the walls isn't so strong).

In the end, it's not notable in any particular way, but I like it, and Jibran likes it, and it was a great learning experience.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 26 2016, 07:08 PM
Post #80

Paladin
Group Icon

Aww, thanks, gpstr.

Your Niben house looks great - both inside and out. I never got beyond simply doing very minor tweaks to already existing mods.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:19 AM