Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

121 Pages V « < 55 56 57 58 59 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
Renee
post Dec 3 2017, 12:19 AM
Post #1121

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, that's the thing about Bethesda's bounty system, if it's below 500 (I think, or maybe it's 250) guards won't bother the player at all, unless we speak directly to a guard. And Kahreem is famous for having constant low bounties, rather than hundreds or thousands. It's because he does eventually give up, on occasion.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 26 2017, 09:12 AM) *

Kahreem running the Goddess Store! What a wonderful hoot that would be! tongue.gif

Silly, I don't know where that came from! tongue.gif Maybe he just kick-starts the place, the way some criminals sometimes use stores as fronts for money laundering. By the time we get into Saga & Sarah's games (4th Era Year 5) Goddess Store is in business, but Kahreem has already moved on somewhere else.

QUOTE(tegeus-Cromis @ Nov 26 2017, 11:07 AM) *

Oh, that would be priceless. I think he does need a mod, actually. Thieves Grotto is full of eccentric characters and quests for him....Damn, now I have a strong urge to start up a new Thief character...

I don't know how to explain it but it just wouldn't be the same, especially humor-wise. Because I think a lot of the humor which shows up happens because of situations that cannot be fixed, or consolized, or setstaged, etc. I'm forced to use my imagination in a different way than I do on PC. I think his story is funny BECAUSE it is so low-tech. biggrin.gif

You should start a thief character though. I'd love to see that! ph34r.gif And I do have an idea for a character (for PC) who will do Dark Brotherhood, which is a questline I've never finished. This character I'm thinking of will be a storybook witch, and check this out... she'll be able to speak Goblinish!!! She'll be aligned with goblins, basically, maybe she'll be related to Goblin Jim, even.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 3 2017, 12:53 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 3 2017, 12:38 AM
Post #1122

Councilor
Group Icon

Fredas, 4:34 pm, Sun's Height 12, 3rd Era 434

Days Passed: 320

Bounty: 0

"LEAVE! ME! ALONE!"

Ley Marillin punctuates these words to the Redguard he'd just served, the Redguard wearing foppish red clothes. Though Ley does not know this Redguard's name, the rumor is that he's the one responsible for many somewhat recent crime sprees over the past year or so, especially in various merchant shops.

Thing is, the thief, if this was indeed the man, wouldn't just steal stuff. Wherever he struck, he would also ransack. Anything which could not be stolen and sold would get strewn across floors, or flung onto walls. And many suspected this Redguard, right here in Ley's pub. This Redguard had been caught a couple times, for one thing. But it'd also come down to the fact that some people in the Imperial City had begun to notice that whenever this Redguard was not around, the crime sprees would stop.

Why can't they do anything about that blasted thief? shopowners had argued. Why don't they just haul him away?

But the truth was, they often did haul him away. But never for long. Because of the way Cyrodiil's laws worked, it was rare that a man could garner any sort of huge prison stays, here in this latter portion of the Third Era. The laws just hadn't been written in this manner. Most notorious criminals, after all, quickly wound up dead or in permanent exile. These sort of criminals often choose to fight when they were caught, or flee somewhere into the outlands for good.

"Not this fellow," Ley mutters quietly. "This one slips right on through, somehow."

Ley keeps a close watch on the Redguard, who feasts upon a meal of boar's meat with sheep's cheese melted all over it, accompanied by boiled rice on the side. A sweetroll to finish it all off. The Redguard brought his own alcohol (no law against that, Ley thinks with dismay) which Ley notices happens to be the cheapest of wines.

IPB Image

"Good evening," says an orc with green skin. This orc addresses the Redguard.

"And to you, sir," the Redguard answers.

"May your kills be quick and many!"

"Kills? Oh no sir, I'm here on business. I don't do any killing, matter of fact, that's the job of my bodyguards. Though not many enemies with any sense choose to mess with them. I travel with two giant minotaurs, you see...."

Just listen to this! Ley thinks as he wipes down his immaculate counter. Listen to these lies! Probably sleeps in straw, the savage! ... Hmm. I wonder if there's a way to--

But just then, the Redguard gets up from the throne he'd chosen to sit upon while eating his meal.

Of course he'd chosen the throne, of course, Ley's final thought before the foppish man leaves his establishment.

UvUvUvUvUvUvUvUvUvUvUv

11:09 pm
Kahreem leaves the King & Queen Tavern, turns left, and heads toward the house he's pretty sure is where the Fox was last staying. Gets there. A dark elf waits outside in an alleyway, with a torch in his hand. "The Grey Fox is waiting inside!" the elf squeaks, his voice trembling with excitement. Kahreem looks to his left and his right, and can't believe it when the elf doesn't follow this information with 'Shadow hide you.'

"He will be glad to see me then," Kahreem says, before entering the home he thinks the Fox is in. "I've been looking all over for him, so I can perform my first citizen's arrest. Oh, it'll be so fine if he's really here. I'll string him up when I see him!"

Kahreem enters the home, and is surprised to see a man wearing fine red clothes is inside the place, with no Gray Fox in sight. "Marinus Catiotus," the man greets. "Ida Vlinoraman and me, we're associated with the same interests, the same styles."

"Oh uh... am I in the right house? I'm here to speak to a man who .... err ... another man ... a man with a funny-looking mask on."

"Oooh! He's that wanted criminal. Isn't he a master thief?"

"He is? Uh, like I said, I am not sure I've got the right place. There isn't a man in a mask somewhere around here, is there?"

"I hear he's dangerous," Marinus continues. "I've heard the beggars spy for him."

"Hmm. Well I know nothing of any of that. I only wish to speak to a man with a mask on. He makes masks you see. For parties. I'm off to Cheydinhal next week and I hear they have the very best of them. Would be nice to show up to one of those Rivermanor parties wearing a mask, don't you think that'd be fun?"

Marinus looks confused. Suddenly, Kaheem realizes he IS in the wrong place. Fumbles his hand across his brow. Excuses himself. Leaves the posh home owned by Marinus Catiotus. And tries the home next door. Where the Grey Fox is waiting patiently.

IPB Image

"Ha! There you are. I can't believe it. You know I just walked into the wrong house looking for you? I'm such a dunce."

"You have the scroll?" the Fox asks. He can barely contain his enthusiasm, Kahreem notes.

"Yes sir. I do. And you have no idea what I went through to get it."

"I can hardly believe it! The odds were steeply against you!"

"Yes they were. And I have a feeling what you're about to say, which is.."

"Capital job!"

"CAPITAL!" Kahreem agrees, handing the scroll over. "Here, you take it. CAPITAL! I tried reading the damned thing. Can't read it. Guess I'm lucky I'm not blind."

"I have spent seven years learning how to translate this scroll," the Fox informs.

"You have?"

"Even so, I will need awhile to decipher what I have sought so desperately."

"Sure my foxy friend. So you need .... what? ... a day or two to roll your eyes over the thing? Hey, you might want to say goodbye to your eyesight then. Unless you struck some kind of deal with Nocturnal or Molag Bol or one of them."

"Ah! Still thinking about your reward eh?"

Kahreem stops all the sudden. Completely caught off-guard. "I ah... " because this is one of those rare times, perhaps the only time, during which circumstances had been so completely hectic over the last few days, he'd actually forgotten about any form of compensation.

The Fox continues, "I have not forgotten you or your loyal service to the Thieves Guild. You'll just have to trust me. But give this ring to Countess Umbranox in Anvil. Say nothing about me to her. I need to know how she'll react to it. It may provoke anger or tears."

"Huh? Uh, what's this about a ring? Hey, let's say get back to the subject of my reward, eh?"

"If she asks," the Fox ignores, "just tell her a stranger wanted her to have it. Then report back to me on her reaction."

"Mm hmm. I see. A ring for the countess. Got it."

"Move along."

"Hey uh you know, that's not very capital of you, Foxy man. You want me to go all the way to Anvil without any gold? ... Look at me! I'm so poor and destitute," Kahreem says, trying to put some affect into his voice. "Don't let these fine threads I'm wearing fool you. Why, just now I had to beg in the streets just to get my meal at the King and Queen Tavern, which really I am not very good at begging, you know. Simplicia the Slow was right there too. And Fetid Ragbag or whatever her name is. They both caught me in my downward fall as a struggled from those sewers, every last piece of gold lost or spent. They tried to help me, but I'm just not very good at begging. I mean, look at my face, look at my fine bone structure. Nobody's going to believe I need help! Nobody's going to give me any gold out on the street! And uh also, I don't want to be stepping on anybody else's vagabond turf. So what do ya way? Help a man when he's down eh?"

But the Gray Fox does not respond. He merely stares.

"Fokke. Fine. You got me. I'll take this fokkinge ring to Anvil then. Not very Capital of you though. Not very capital at all! Hmph. No gold. No reward. Hmph."

"Shadow hide you," the Gray Fox says to his top thief, before Othrellos walks into the house, and begins a conversation about Morrowind, House Dres, and Falanuu. Apparently, the beast folk had been freed from servitude recently, and the Gray Fox listens intensely to Othrellos's information, seemingly forgetting his very top thief.

"Fine. Be like that. Doesn't help me at all," Kaheem pouts as he walks outside, the sound of 2,738 gold jingling in his vest pocket. "Not very capital of any of yous."

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 3 2017, 12:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 3 2017, 12:41 AM
Post #1123

Ancient
Group Icon

The crime waves stop whenever The Redguard is not around! The Wheet Bandit is infamous!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 3 2017, 08:57 AM
Post #1124

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Kahreem wanting gold for his Anvil trip when he has 2738 gold pieces on his person already? I say, travelling fares sure have gone up recently..! biggrin.gif

Hopefully the Redguard will get his Capital reward later wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 3 2017, 10:35 AM
Post #1125

Master
Group Icon

LoL, he entered the wrong house! biggrin.gif rollinglaugh.gif The conversation with Marinus was well-done and funny. goodjob.gif

Alright now, looks like it's time for Kahreem to snatch some horse and ride to Anvil. wink.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Dec 3 2017, 03:55 PM
Post #1126

Finder
Group Icon

"Hmm. Well I know nothing of any of that. I only wish to speak to a man with a mask on. He makes masks you see. For parties. I'm off to Cheydinhal next week and I hear they have the very best of them. Would be nice to show up to one of those Rivermanor parties wearing a mask, don't you think that'd be fun?"

laugh.gif

Way good. And there should be some weird way to get into a Rivermanor party. If there were, Kahreem would find it, I reckon.

Yes, I remember that 'hey where's my reward?' feeling. Though he does have the Boots of Springheel Jak now. And I never thought of the King & Queen as being immaculate, myself. Though I suppose by comparison with Luther Broad's Boarding House...

Renee, I never get very far with character narratives myself, probably because I'm always changing the world around the poor souls, gives them some sort of disassociative disorder or something. If I did, it would likely be a thief character, though.

EDIT: Oh, and I would be interested to see what you make of the DB questline. I never finished that one myself, think it's about halfway through. And Goblin Jim does need a backstory, I think - maybe there was some content cut there. I'm quite fond of goblins, hate massacring them, so my PC usually sneaks past (well, they're not very perceptive).

This post has been edited by tegeus-Cromis: Dec 3 2017, 04:30 PM
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 3 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #1127

Paladin
Group Icon

Sitting on the throne in his red foppish suit - drinking the cheapest wine, that he brought along himself to a tavern. . . . laugh.gif

And Kahreem finally finds the Gray Fox again - Capital!

I thought the TG questline was nicely done - especially the ending. But I won't spoil it for Kahreem. happy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 4 2017, 09:12 PM
Post #1128

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 1 2017, 10:42 PM) *
Lopov, nice stuff here! Are you playing this Legion Captain, then, who is cultist hunting?

Thanks! After reading many stories of H.P. Lovecraft in the past month, I got an urge to create a dark character, so it's not the captain but the cultist.

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 2 2017, 09:50 AM) *
Or maybe he is playing Paralinique, one of the Mephala Cultists.

That is correct.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Black Rook Tavern in the Imperial City Waterfront was a common meeting place for thieves, thugs, pirates and other lowlifes. Gra-Hagra, the proprietor, welcomed everyone as long as they could afford to pay for drinks or rooms, and didn’t mind what kind of shady deals were made in her inn.

The Bosmer in black tunic was sitting alone at one of the ratty tables, as if waiting for someone. He has become a frequent customer in the last two months and to Gra-Hagra he was known as Rifenn. Lately he seemed more on edge than ever, especially since he purchased two horses on the Waterfront Market and paid Gra-Hagra two hundred septims to watch over them. He never talked to anyone, neither had he ever allowed anyone to sit at the same table. ‘A shady man with shady past’ thought Gra-Hagra who couldn’t care less about what were her customers doing, but it was interesting to observe them nonetheless.

But then one day mysterious Rifenn got a visitor. A tall Dunmer lady with bright violet hair entered the inn. Gra-Hagra saw her earlier as she carried ale to pirates of the Marie Elena – the lady has just stepped from one of the passenger ships that sailed to the Waterfront today. She remembered her well because of her unusual hair color.

“What can I get you?” Gra-Hagra yelled from over the counter as the Dunmer lady approached.

“That depends on what you have.” Though Gra-Hagra didn’t like a lot of things, she liked the voice of this lady. She felt that if she listened to her talk for a long time, she would fall into pleasant trance.

“Take a look,” she curtly said and handed the newest guest one of her stained menus.

“I’d like a bowl of mutton stew and a bottle of mead, please,” said the Dunmer lady and sat at one of the empty tables.

Gra-Hagra sent Vermilia the tavern wench with the food and drink to the lady, then went upstairs to check if all customers that were currently renting rooms, locked doors behind as they left. The last thing she wanted was for some beggar like Puny Ancus to spend a night in her inn.

When she came downstairs, she noticed that the Dunmer lady and Rifenn were now sitting at the same table. It wouldn’t strike her as odd if until now Rifenn refused to talk to anyone. So perhaps it was this lady because of whom Rifenn seemed on edge as of late. A few minutes later they stood up and left the inn. ‘Perhaps Ferinn will get lucky, he he’ thought Gra-Hagra, watching them as they were leaving.

Rifenn led the Dunmer lady between some shoddy houses on the Waterfront, then opened a wooden hatch leading to one of the cellars. He gestured for the lady to go first and as she stepped down, he went inside too, closing the hatch behind.

“How was your trip, lady Paralinque? Was the ship comfortable?” asked the Bosmer, whose real name wasn’t Rifenn but Fenrin. Fenrin Willowsdark.

“Silence, tree-hugger!” snarled his mistress and Fenrin froze with fear. Obviously she still hasn’t gotten over the fact that it was partly due to Fenrin’s fault that their cult was exposed. “If it weren’t for your ineptitude, we would still be in Skyrim,” Paralinque scolded him, her voice echoed in the small cellar, causing Fenrin short-lasting yet intense headaches. When she spoke again, however, her voice was soothing and now Fenrin felt like she could listen to her forever. “But we shall discuss this no more. What is done…is done. Tell me now, Willowsdark, what have you found out?” Paralinque crossed her arms, pleasantly smiling and Fenrin felt at ease again.

“Mistress, you will be delighted with what I know. I was occupied day and night but it was worth it. You were right all along, the shrine to our Goddess is right here in Cyrodiil and…”

“Where?” Paralinque interrupted him with a demanding tone and at her words a sharp headache struck Fenrin once again.

“It’s in the Great Forest, east of the Silver Road, halfway between where it meets the Orange and Red Ring Roads. Have a look, mistress, I bought a map of Cyrodiil in one of the shops so we won’t have any difficulties…”

“Did you find me a horse?” Paralinque interrupted him again.

“For you? Yes, of course, I bought two horses at the market. For both of us.“

“You did good, Willowsdark,…” Paralinque complimented him at last. Fenrin sighed with relief, his mistress’ voice was soothing yet again.

“… and that’s why your death shall be swift.” Paralinque’s booming voice encompassed the small cellar and the Bosmer had to press hands against his ears for the headache was so powerful.

The last thing Fenrin Willowsdark saw before feeling immense pain in his belly was Paralinque’s silver dagger glittering in the dark cellar.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 5 2017, 04:00 AM
Post #1129

Paladin
Group Icon

Not a lady to be trifled with, clearly! ohmy.gif

Nicely done. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 6 2017, 03:05 PM
Post #1130

Councilor
Group Icon

Evil prevails on Lopov's Laptop. ph34r.gif Paralinique kinda scares the [censored] out of me, even in sunny, smiley Cyrodiil.

I have a feeling the part when her voice causes the Bosmer to freeze in fear or feel an immense calm is derived from Lovecraft, right? If so, which story?

Edit: I'm just realizing that Gra-Hagra witnessed Paralinique as the last person the Bosmer was with. So when people find the Bosmer has been killed, they'll quickly realize who was most-likely responsible. Or at least, the orc proprietor will realize this.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 6 2017, 05:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 8 2017, 11:13 PM
Post #1131

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks for all comments on Kahreem folks cake.gif and do check out Lopov's story (above this) as well. ph34r.gif

QUOTE(tegeus-Cromis @ Dec 3 2017, 09:55 AM) *

Renee, I never get very far with character narratives myself, probably because I'm always changing the world around the poor souls, gives them some sort of disassociative disorder or something. If I did, it would likely be a thief character, though.

Ah, you can do it. Start off simple, like I did. Don't write a story. Just write an update, like literally what your character did that day. That's how I started. The earliest Kahreem updates probably weren't nearly as detailed.

Heck, that's actually a good idea. Let's have a flashback to the very first Kahreem update. Heh, I'll call it Klassic Kahreem.

EDIT: Oh, and I would be interested to see what you make of the DB questline. I never finished that one myself, think it's about halfway through.

Me too. I got up to the part when Lucien wants us to *blank* all the DB Guildmates. My character just couldn't do that part. She had grown too fond of all of them, even the snarky Khajiit guy. The character I'm going to create in the future though just won't give a [censored]. She won't be entirely sane, either.

Anyways, here it is. Klassic Kahreem. I'm actually curious what did I write? Oh my gosh, it's actually funny. Ha! I didn't realize they were humorous back then.

----------------------------

Morndas, 1:13 am. Last Seed 27, 3rd Era, Year 433,

"Wake up Redguard! How do you like your cell? Rooomy enough for you?"

The Kahreen of Weet awakes with a start, and has a headache! Where in Oblivion is he now exactly? As Kahreem rises from a bedroll on the floor, his vision doubles and then triples.

Bars. He sees bars where the doorway is. Why would they put bars on a doorway? his taxed mind wonders.

He walks over, to see where the voice (an elven voice) was coming from. As he goes to push the bars out of his way, he realizes they don't move.

"What the?..."

..."Bet you're glad it won't last long" continues the voice. Although he can't see who is speaking, The Kahreem of Weet sees there's another set of bars on a doorway across the hall. The voice calls again...

..."OH! Did you know? No one leaves this Prison alive! That's right, you're going to DIE in here, Redguard, DIIIIE!!!"

The Kahreem of Weet stands in confusion. Hears voices coming down a staircase. ....And then suddenly he remembers.

He remembers what happened...well...part of what happened. The fight with the snobby dark elf wearing red clothing for rich people. Aval Boobani or something. He thinks that's the dunmer's name. Kahreem had had much to drink, then this uppity dark elf showed up at the Bloated Float. The snobby dark elf had touched a nerve. And...

From then on, he could not remember what had happened. Kahreem's mind is a blank.

"Well, 'tis a good start, at least", he says. "I at least remember thus far..."

As he stands at the bars glumly, the Kahreem of Weet wonders what his fate will be. How long he's going to have to stay here. And if there's a way he can get out.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 8 2017, 11:41 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Dec 9 2017, 12:47 PM
Post #1132

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 9 2017, 12:13 AM) *

Me too. I got up to the part when Lucien wants us to *blank* all the DB Guildmates. My character just couldn't do that part. She had grown too fond of all of them, even the snarky Khajiit guy. The character I'm going to create in the future though just won't give a [censored]. She won't be entirely sane, either.

Well, there you go. That's exactly the point I stopped, for the same reason. I suspect I'm RPing more than I realise. Or maybe it's just me. I'm still testing a mod that places updated memorials, and the best way to test it is to type killall in the console, which kills everything alive in the current cell. But it makes me feel like a mass murderer every time. I suppose it's for their own good though...

But yes, one way could be to run up some unmitigatedly bonkers character (maybe one who thinks the world is actually something called a 'video game' and all the others are NPCs). Perhaps they could actually use that Vile Lair DLC. I always have that loaded, but I never know why...

That recap is great, shows you've maintained a consistent, and very funny, style throughout. Now the next step is to paste the whole thing together and convert to .mobi format. Got to be able to read it on your Kindle. smile.gif

(Actually, come to think of it, it might make a quite good in-game book, except for all the spoilers. But perhaps you could receive it as an extra bonus when you've completed the TG quest.)

This post has been edited by tegeus-Cromis: Dec 9 2017, 01:03 PM
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 9 2017, 04:06 PM
Post #1133

Paladin
Group Icon

A nice little walk down Kahreem Memory Lane from his beginnings many years ago. Nice!

This post has been edited by Acadian: Dec 10 2017, 01:09 PM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 10 2017, 10:08 AM
Post #1134

Master
Group Icon

I completely forgot that it was because of Alval Boobani biggrin.gif that Kahreem got thrown to jail. I know he much later led Alval to his death by luring him to some mudcrab, though. I guess that was Kahreem's revenge.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 10 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #1135

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 5 2017, 04:00 AM) *
Not a lady to be trifled with, clearly! ohmy.gif

Nicely done. smile.gif

Thank you!

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 6 2017, 03:05 PM) *
Edit: I'm just realizing that Gra-Hagra witnessed Paralinique as the last person the Bosmer was with. So when people find the Bosmer has been killed, they'll quickly realize who was most-likely responsible. Or at least, the orc proprietor will realize this.

Probably not many would care about Fenrin / Rifenn, he was just another lowlife on the Waterfront. On the other hand, it will be a really long time before Paralinque comes to the Waterfront again so by then Gra-Hagra will probably forget about her. wink.gif

~~~~~~~~~~

In the Great Forest, a short distance north of where the Red Ring Road passes Fort Chalman and turns left toward the Roxey Inn, amidst lush trees and blossoming meadows stood the shrine to Mephala. Animals avoided it, curious adventurers visited it and legionnaires from time to time checked on the place to ensure that nothing sinister was happening there. Mephala has been silent for decades and those few deranged cultists that were taking care of the shrine, weren’t regarded as dangerous by the Imperial Legion.

Mephala, the Webspinner, up to this day, didn’t have much interest in Cyrodiil either. For a long time most of her attention has been devoted to Skyrim, where one of her “daughters” led a powerful cult in her name. With the cult destroyed, however, her spider’s web in Skyrim was torn apart. Yet now Mephala sensed that her attention should be turned towards Cyrodiil, for she felt a dark presence coming to her.

Paralinque returned!

To satisfy Mephala’s blood lust and her own as well, Paralinque already sent portions of two souls to her, because for each Paralinque’s victim slain, Mephala received a portion of its soul as long as that victim was of pure soul. Though Mephala enjoyed seeing her lost daughter greeting her at her shrine, she wouldn’t grant her an audience.

Not yet.

Paralinque should prove once again that she was capable of weaving her own spider’s web among the unsuspecting people, then fatally poisoning them as they'll be at their weakest. Perhaps then, if Mephala will be amused, she may grant her an audience. Despite no words were said between Mephala and her "daughter", Paralinque knew what must be done and after a few further attempts of granting an audience, she tried no more.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This wasn’t Paralinque’s first time in Cyrodiil, however, and she knew precisely where her Goddess wanted her to be. Beneath the Imperial City, in its sewers, where only rats and vampires skulked, behind a magically locked door, was the lair of Mephala. It would prove a convenient residence for Paralinque. Spurring her horse, she rode along the Red Ring Road, to the Imperial City and what lies beneath.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Dec 10 2017, 08:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 11 2017, 04:19 AM
Post #1136

Paladin
Group Icon

Though it is sinister, I love seeing a character with a real relationship with one of the Divines or Daedra Lords. Pairing Mephala with her daughter Paralinque is sobering indeed!

To shorten a long story, Buffy's godmother is Azura and her patrons are Mara & Kynareth. Not surprisingly, it is the Daedra Lord that is most interesting since we infuse her with emotions ranging from love to rage.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 14 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #1137

Councilor
Group Icon

Scary Paranormalique heads into the sewers, where she feels right at home. I love that. See, she doesn't have to kiss Mephala's feet or crawl upon her hands and knees. Para already knows what to do, and Mephala already knows and accepts your dark elf's reputation to get things done in the correct way. Well, I hope your recent problems with your game haven't hampered you from finishing Para's tale. sad.gif

I'll be going to a Xmas party this weekend. santa.gif So there won't be any Kahreem this weekend folks. blink.gif sad.gif dry.gif nono.gif kvright.gif Yeah, I know. Perhaps I've gotten something else written up from one of my others which hasn't been posted yet. I should be good for next week though, despite it being Christmas weekend, I'll have plenty of time because I'm already done most of my shopping.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 17 2017, 07:23 PM
Post #1138

Councilor
Group Icon

Sundas, 9:27 am, Sun's Height 14, 3rd Era 434

Days Passed: 322

Bounty: 0

Sun's Height, and the fourteenth of it. Normally during this mid-summer day, it would be warm, or even hot. But today the rain falls hard, cooling the air and the ground to temperatures which are more fall-like. A man emerges from the Marie Elena, a former pirate ship moored along the Imperial City's Waterfront District. This man is wearing a cuirass and shield from Bravil, chainmail gauntlets, legion-style greaves and a guard's helmet. On his feet are some very rare boots, boots which drastically increase his ability to jump.

At first glance, a casual observer might think this man is an actual guard, who'd somehow traveled all the way to the Imperial City's Waterfront from Bravil, for some odd reason. Maybe this guard had followed some criminal all the way here, performed a search on the ship, but was unsuccessful at apprehending anybody. But then, the casual observer (mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph) might notice a few things. He or she might notice that the guard is carrying a club, which is perhaps the crudest, clumsiest weapon one could possibly wield in all Tamriel. He or she might also notice this guard is not Imperial. In fact, he is Redguard.

He or she might then conclude that (1) this guard carries a club because he lost his real weapon. (2) The Legion is "always looking for recruits," and that they are desperate enough nowadays that they've even expanded their openings to other races, especially since the Oblivion Crisis has become a real, serious threat all over the land.

And then there's another possibility which might be arrived at, (3) which is, that this Redguard wearing Bravil armor and carrying a club, is not a real, actual guard. No, he is not a guard, and in fact might even be playing the part of one. This third conclusion might only be arrived at once the casual observer spends some time following the Redguard, especially as some foibles begin to commence.

"You wear the shadows well, fellow thief," another Redguard calls over to the one in Bravil armor.

"'Fellow thief?' No I was unable to find him, sir," the armor-wearing Redguard answers, making shushing motions with his hands. "He was able to get away this time, the bastard. Now, move along."

"You have my ear, citizen," another guard, this one real, greets the Redguard in Bravil armor.

Which makes him stop. And smile. "Hmm," he says. "Maybe this time, they are fooled. Sure, the guard still called me 'citizen,' but at least he didn't yell at me, and say mean things to me."

The Redguard walks along in the rain. Passes the Waterfront's lighthouse, and stops before the door leading up to the Temple district. There are two horses stabled right in front of this door: one a paint, and one a chestnut. The Redguard in Bravil armor muses over 'borrowing' one of these hooved beasts (because there's no way he's going to walk all the way toward his destination) but then changes his mind. Because even though this Redguard's morals aren't very high, he does stop to think about how untoward it would be, for some citizen to return here, and find his or her horse gone.

Instead, the Redguard in Bravil armor makes a left turn, follows the avenue all the way north until it intersects with the City Isle road, and turns right. Climbs the hill until he reaches Chestnut Handy Stable.

IPB Image

"You have my ear, citizen," greets another guard, making the Redguard stop and smile again.

"Finally, some respect. Ah. You don't know who I am sir, but let me tell you, it's been a real struggle becoming the first Redguard of the Imperial Legion."

"Ten of the morning's watch, and all's well. How are you sir?"

"Well I am just fine and dandy, my good sir. Couldn't be better." As the Redgaurd in Bravil armor speaks to the real guard, he notices the guard's tone may be casual, but his face, which is glowering, seemed summoned from another time. "Ah, I can see you aren't happy about me being on your turf, sir. I am part of Bravil, so what am I doing in your jurisdiction?"

"Make it quick."

"Well if you want to know, I came up here hunting for the Gray Fox, blasted thief! There's been some trouble down south with robberies occurring. Some of these robberies were reported from skooma-users, but others are legitimate. Long story, but we've traced the Gravy Fox's trail all the way up here to the Imperial City."

"He's that thief that the Imperial Watch are always going on about," says the guard. "He likes to steal from rich folk."

"Indeed he does. Just ask the count of Bravil, who had his entire silverware collection stolen by one of the Fox's footpads. And there are rumors that he's even orchestrated to steal one of the Elder Scrolls from the Imperial Library! Ha! Can you imagine? ... Some low, no-good scoundrel being cordoned into breaking into such a gigantic place, who could even fathom?"

"I see no reason to talk to you," says the guard, glowering again. .

"You don't? Well, that's not very cooperative of you. How would you like it if I return back to Bravil, and report to my superiors that you in particular offered no help to our investigation, and were also rude and would not participate in helping with even the faintest of clues. A rumor, or such. Huh? How would you like that on my report?"

The guard makes no answer to this, and keeps glowering.

"Very well then. You're lucky that it's raining out here sir, and that I just would like to get back home. Unsuccessful, because of no sort of help from you."

The guard makes no answer to this, and keeps glowering.

"Hmm. Okay. Off to find my steed then. Hopefully ... ah! There he is."

The Redguard in Bravil armor leaves the real guard behind. Walks toward Chestnut Handy, where oddly, nobody is tending to the stable. There's a bay tethered up right there next to the place, making it easy for the Redguard to unleash it, mount its saddle, and

"STOP RIGHT THERE criminal scum," the guard rushes over after witnessing. "Nobody breaks the law on MY watch!"

"Whoa whoa.... breaks the law?"

"I'm confiscating your stolen goods. Now pay your fine, or it's off to jail with ya."

"But this is MY horse. I am a town guard from Bravil, as you can see from my matching top-piece and shield. Okay, I admit I may not be wearing all the completely standard pieces issued by my Watch Captain, but that's part of my disguise to catch the Gray Fox, you see? You do see this, don't you sir?"

But the guard, apparently, does not see this.

"Uh oh."

"Then PAY WITH YOUR BLOOD!"

The Weet Bandit rushes off once again at full gallop. As he does so, and the city guard begins chase, one of the stablehands, Restita Statlilia, finally shows up. She grimaces at the scene, brandishes an axe, and joins the guard at an attempt to kill the Redguard wearing Bravil armor.

IPB Image

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 17 2017, 10:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 17 2017, 09:28 PM
Post #1139

Master
Group Icon

Hahaha, this one's good! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

I liked all possible options about what may be the Redguard in Bravil armor and wielding a club doing on Marie Elena.

The dialogue with the guard outside the gates is hilarious. laugh.gif

Yeah, it's surprising there wasn't any stableman outside, usually they come rushing to you as soon as you get close.

Well at the beginning his bounty might have been zero but now it certainly went up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 18 2017, 02:48 AM
Post #1140

Paladin
Group Icon

What a hoot! The Redguard almost Bravil guard.

No doubt though that Kahreem is a master horse thief. He knows that bay horses make the best stolen steeds. wink.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

121 Pages V « < 55 56 57 58 59 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:49 PM