10 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Elves in Sovngarde Book Two, NEIS continued
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 26 2013, 08:44 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

No Elves in Sovngarde Book One is here, and is currently being spiced and touched up, bit by bit.

For those who don't want to read the first book, or need a refresher on what has previously happened, I have included a brief summary of the first book, which will be written later, when I'm not freaking out about how to write a summary.

I really am terrible with summaries. To prove my point, here's my summary of Toy Story:

"After sitting here with my fingers frozen above the keyboard, all I can say about Toy Story is that it made me terrified of having toys as a kid, and gave me nightmares. The only thing I took away from that movie is that you shouldn't judge others by appearance. Except the bad kids. They wear skulls so you can identify them easily."

-shakes head in shame-

Anyways, I've got a prologue written up. The summary should be up, hopefully, within the next few days or so. Or when my computer's plate isn't so full, lol.

Enjoy!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 26 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Prologue

In the event of a life-changing tragedy, we have one of two choices. We adapt, or we fall. We can ignore the changes for a bit, pretending that what has happened never happened, but that only causes us further pain in the long run. The wise see the change and adapt quickly, allowing themselves the benefit of very little pain. The foolish fight it with everything they have, and end up hurting themselves and others.

At least, that's the way I think of it.

It was clear that there was no cure for me, despite what Erik said. And it was clear that the more I starved myself, the more feral I became. So I adapted, and tried, to the shame of my sister, were she to know I was alive, to become the most humane vampire there was. Never killing if I could help it, and never turning anyone. No. My next, and last, kill would be preserved for Asta.

Asta. Where could I begin with this monster? Turning children against their will and declaring herself a sort of general with the army she was amassing. She never would tell me what her plans were for this army, she only grew its numbers. The girls she had with her had looked upon her with a child-like admiration.

Because they were children, and didn't know better. They ate the blood she gave them, killed whom she told them to kill, and followed her every word. They were thralls, even though they were vampires. They didn't even know it.

The only one who was any different was Emelia.

She defaulted from Asta's army, coming back for me. She gave me the blood of a criminal, easing the guilt of killing another. She saw no purpose, no reason, for an army of vampiric girls. She confessed that Asta most likely was going mad.

Asta's plans were failing, though, in spite of my weakness. Reports of a red-maned hunter they called The Slayer, a blonde barbarian they called The Lioness, and a fierce warrioress they called The Unbroken, were tearing through Asta's ranks. I knew who they were. It would only be a matter of time before they found Asta's hideout. Part of me wishes they would find it soon. She was getting desparate, turning children at an alarming rate to replace the ones that were killed. The other part of me hoped that when they found her, I would have already killed her.

Her frenzied attempts at replacing her army had forced her to start stalking the cities to find children, earning her the attentions of the trio doubly. Emelia swore to teach me how to be a gentler vampire, and to help me with Asta. I had an advantage, finally. Both Erik and Asta thoght I was dead, and wouldn't be looking for me.

But I was looking for Asta. And when I found her, she would pay.

This post has been edited by Elisabeth Hollow: Mar 26 2013, 10:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 26 2013, 08:53 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

YEEEEEE!!!

*Jumps up and down in excitement, waving hands*

That is all.

Edit: Actually, wait, that's not quite all. Does Kayla still have Dawnbreaker, or has Meridia been all like "You're a vampire now, so YOUR SWORD BE MIINE!!"?

This post has been edited by Colonel Mustard: Mar 26 2013, 08:55 PM
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Mar 26 2013, 08:56 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

-In arena announcer voice- This should be interesting!

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 26 2013, 08:57 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 26 2013, 02:53 PM) *

Edit: Actually, wait, that's not quite all. Does Kayla still have Dawnbreaker, or has Meridia been all like "You're a vampire now, so YOUR SWORD BE MIINE!!"?

It's gone. Kayla has no weapons right now. Asta most likely had it thrown off of a cliff or tossed into the water.

Besides, if a vampire wields Dawnbreaker, it injured them XD

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Mar 26 2013, 08:58 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 26 2013, 11:57 AM) *

It's gone. Kayla has no weapons right now. Asta most likely had it thrown off of a cliff or tossed into the water.

I learned that the hard way in-game dry.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 26 2013, 08:59 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 26 2013, 07:57 PM) *

Oh, OK. So Meridia was all like "YOUR SWORD BE MIINE!!" then. Cool.
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 26 2013, 09:03 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 26 2013, 02:59 PM) *

Pretty much XD

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Mar 26 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 26 2013, 12:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 26 2013, 02:59 PM) *

Pretty much XD

Thanks Meridia. That's very helpful dry.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 26 2013, 10:05 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

As far as prologue's go, it is nice and short. Sure, it doesn't remind one of all the drama but it doesn't have to. All we need to know is that Kayla is an unwilling vampire and is going after Asta who is a creepy child.

And Erik! Whoo, go Erik the vampire slayer! May your hair always be shampood and shiny.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 27 2013, 03:24 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

Love the news of the vampire-slaying trio. smile.gif

I’m surprised folks aren’t also talking about an Imperial known as “The Lioness’s Tail,” formerly Aerin of Riften. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Mar 27 2013, 03:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 27 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 27 2013, 09:24 AM) *

Love the news of the vampire-slaying trio. smile.gif

Im surprised folks arent also talking about an Imperial known as The Lionesss Tail, formerly Aerin of Riften. tongue.gif

-snort!!!-

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 27 2013, 07:05 PM
Post #13

Paladin
Group Icon

Congrats on starting Kayla's second book, 'Kayla the Asta Hunter'. Or perhaps, 'Nobody Likes a Smart Asta'. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 27 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 27 2013, 01:05 PM) *

Congrats on starting Kayla's second book, 'Kayla the Asta Hunter'. Or perhaps, 'Nobody Likes a Smart Asta'. tongue.gif

Oh my god!!! -rolls around laughing-

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 28 2013, 03:52 PM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

WOO HOO !!! This promises to be as exciting as the first !!!!! WOOOOOOOT !!!!!!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 27 2013, 02:05 PM) *

ROFL !!! Oh Acadian, I missed this one! ROFL !!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Mar 28 2013, 03:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 30 2013, 04:02 PM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

Chapter one

One of the first things Emelia taught me to do was to harmlessly feed from someone. She brought me to a small encampment of two bandits and, while I stayed back, she calmed them, making one sit on the ground while she stood next to the other.

The small Imperial girl amazed me with her magickal skills. When I told her this, she gave me a small smile and a similarly small half-shrug.

"You'll learn them too," she said. "I'll teach you. You'll need them."

She turned to the bandit next to her, a male orc four times her size with a mohawk and fur armor. He carried a large axe and a vacant expression. Emelia gestured for me to come near him. I did, and through the sweat, dirt, and body odor, I smelled an almost overwhelming scent of testosterone.

Emelia giggled as I gagged. "You don't like super manly men? Odd. I thought, since you grew up here, you would be all over the type."

I shook my head, fanning the air from my face. "No. I like men who are smart, with magickal skills. I don't care for men who get into drinking contests or fistfights." A whiff of something...pleasant...hit my nose. I turned my head to my left, where the other bandit was sitting.

"That thmell... wait, why am I-?" I reach up and feel my fangs.

"Good godth, they're enormouth! Why are they tho big??"

Emelia was giggling insanely, one hand on her knee and the other on her mouth. It was a cute, tinkling laughter that made me want to laugh too.

"Emelia, ith not funny. Thtop it." Emelia laughed harder.

"Thtop laughing!" I held back my own laughter.

"Thith is theriouth! I thound like an idthiot!"

Emelia was on the ground, nearly rolling in laughter. The calming spell started to wear off, and the orc sluggishly reached for his axe. Emelie cleared her throat and put a calming hand on the orc's ankle. The axe slid back into place. The other bandit sat completely still where he was.

Emelia stood up and pulled a few leaves out of her hair. "When was the last time you fed?" She combed her blonde hair with her fingers. "When I gave you the rapist, right?"

I cringed. "I'd apprethiate if you dithen't thay it like that."

"We have to fix that. No one will take you seriously if you keep talkiing like that." She motioned me closer to the orc. I began to walk to her, but a sound caught my ear. A heartbeat. My head swiveled to the other bandit. A Breton man, mid twenties, with dark brown hair. I sniffed the air. He was scared. That delighted me for a moment.

"Emelia-"

"I know. Focus."

I suddenly felt guilty. The man was scared out of his mind, pretending to be under a spell. To survive. He probably made a few bad choices in life, and got pushed into being a bandit. He probably had a sister at home, or a mother. A dad or little brother, worried about him-

Emelia put her small hand on my arm.

"Kayla," she said gently. "Stop staring at the Breton and focus on the orc." I turned my attention to the orc. Emelia took my hand and put it on the orc's neck. The fur armor left his neck exposed, and I could feel the pulse beneath it. Suddenly I wasn't so concerned about how the orc smelled.

"Feel that? That's a main flow of blood. There are lots of places to get blood, but this one is the most popular."

"Mhhmm." I barely heard her.

"Down here in the crook of the elbow is another good place, but if you want to be-"

I'm so thirsty...

"-careful about how you feed, don't go for any big veins, or you'll lose control and-"

I want to drink it all.

"-they'll end up with confetti bursting from their heads and grow tails like Argonians."

I snapped back. "Wait, what?!"

Emelia smiled her small smile. "I didn't think you were listening."

"I...wasn't."

"I know."

I rubbed the back of my neck, ashamed. "How am I supposed to get the hang of this?"

"Practice." Emelia took my hands into her own and looked up at me. Her red eyes glistened slightly. "You've been hungry. You've been ravenous with thirst. Now that you know what it feels like, you can have a better handle on your instincts. Curb the ones that would make you do less human things. Like feeding indiscriminently."

I winced, knowing she meant Erik. Her cool hands gave mine a gentle squeeze before letting go.

"There's no shame in what happened."

"Are you serious? There's a lot of shame in what I've done. I should have stayed asleep, or something. I couldn't find a dagger, or otherwise I would be dead."

"I know."

I put my face in my hands. "I can't do this," I said. "I can't-"

I powerful blow knocked me off my feet. I saw stars right around the time that I saw the red-tinge of rage around the edges of my vision. As I sailed through the air, I saw the orc grab Emelia by the throat and attempt to crush her throat. Her legs kicked uselessly in the air, and for one moment, I saw myself back in the barn with the raven-haired vampire.

I rolled over as soon as I hit the ground, wiping the blood from my lip. A swift kick to my back sent my head spiraliing. I let out a cry of rage and pain and grabbed the assailing Breton's ankle, pulling him down with me. He let out a yelp as he fell, his arms waving wildly in the air while Emelia's body went limp.

"Emelia, NO!" I screeched as the orc dropped her. Her small body fell awkwardly with a thud as he came over to help his buddy, his large axe gleaming wickedly in the moonlight. He grinned a tusked grin and held the axe above his head

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Mar 30 2013, 05:52 PM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

"-they'll end up with confetti bursting from their heads and grow tails like Argonians."

rollinglaugh.gif

"Emelia, NO!" I screeched as the orc dropped her. Her small body fell awkwardly with a thud as he came over to help his buddy, his large axe gleaming wickedly in the moonlight. He grinned a tusked grin and held the axe above his head

NOOO! panic.gif

Something tells me this won't go well for the Orc though....

Great chapter goodjob.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 30 2013, 10:19 PM
Post #18

Paladin
Group Icon

How funny that fangs would make you thound funny when you thry to talk! I wonder how orcs manage it with their tusks?

Like KoB, I loved the bit about confetti heads and Argonian tails!

Oh my. Too much girl talk and not enough paying attention to dinner. Eeep! Tusks or not, Kayla needs to punth him in the moufe!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 31 2013, 01:43 AM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

The part where Kayla was trying to talk with fangs had me in hysterics! I especially loved that she couldn't keep her eyes and thoughts off the Breton, and that she could sense his emotions - Awesome Write!

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 31 2013, 09:56 AM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

First, sorry it took so long to get here...

Second, congrats on the new bookness of things...*Applauds*...

Third...Blimey, the Emelia thing didn't last long!... laugh.gif ...

Though, maybe the vampire regenerating thing will come in handy...Should have taken the Breton out earlier though... kvleft.gif ...

Thought the whole fang thing was funny... laugh.gif ...

"I thall athitht you in cathe there ith a thudden crithith!!"

Looking forward to the muchness of moredom...

Nice one!!...

*Applauds heartily*...
+Quote Post

10 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:17 PM